Compass Employee Reviews

Great Place Work
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
Compass Group is a great place to work. It provides wonderful opportunities from entry level to experienced professionals. Long days and lots of hard work.
Nice place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2016
A typical day at work is clocking in, change into uniform, maintenance inventory, await further instructions, then do as told. I learned a lot about customer service and dealing with impatient customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Impatient elderly people
Not a very good place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alabama City, ALOctober 21, 2016
Management allow some employees to do what they want without any problems. Other employees get in trouble for everything. Everyday their are something new you can not do. Nothing is the same for every employee. They tell you lies about what you were hired for and put you doing something else. Other management tell you are to old and not able to keep up. That's discrimination and cause employees to go EEOC. Not very good people to work for.
Pros
Cons
Not very good people to work for.
Not the worst job ever and you can move up if you want.
Utility/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  EastonOctober 17, 2016
If you are looking for a pretty easily obtainable position at a job where you can be a hard worker or a decently hard worker and not be appreciated. This is the place for you. While it is not a hard job you would have to deal with possibly the worst management that I have ever had to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Atrocious management.
Great place to work.Ive been working with the company for almost 9 years.It is a great company to work for.
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2016
My overall rating is a 4.But like I said its a great company.I started off as a food service worker, but a year after I started I was promoted to supervisor.The management is great.There is room to grow.
Pros
Great working enviornment
Culture Work Place
Line Cook & Receiver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 13, 2016
Each month we prepare food to celebrate different cultures in the work place. We all chip in to help others in different work stations if needed. I begin my day with receiving and ordering of supplies, I then assist with food preparation, and if there is anyone out I cover their working station.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No room for growth
It's a fast pasted and well organized company
Company Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 10, 2016
A constant interaction with customers that goes by quickly throughout different periods of the day. The typical work day may be fast paced but the day usually goes smoothly. As for the management they are a great team who are helpful.
Small and productive team with a good atmosphere.
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2016
Typical work day consisted of reviewing data gathered from a clients network and compiling reports for delivery.
I learned a lot about Cyber Security.
Management seemed to be on the same page.
Co-workers were nice.
productive and fun workplace. employees not appreciated
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2016
All of my coworkers always stuck together and got the job done. Reason for leaving is, I didn't feel appreciated, evaluations didn't succeed die to company's cost savings. Looking for better work opportunities
Not a bad place to work if you're in the right sector or account
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 4, 2016
Managers are REQUIRED to work a minimum 10 hour day, the pay doesn't exactly make up for that. You might work 5 days, you might work 7 or more. With no extra compensation or get time back for it.

There is limited training, you just kind of learn as you go. You make sure your brands are all set, help them when needed, be present during busy times. Required to wear many hats, as you would in any management position. Inventory, ordering, scheduling, hiring, training, production, cashier. Management doesn't hande issues very well, not very helpful. It's sink or swim. Other people will try to bring you down.

Hardest part of the job - dealing with staff/management

Most enjoyable - happy satisfied customers, happy staff as well
Pros
free lunches, great customers, some good staff, healthcare
Cons
no work/life balance, low pay, no training, no recognition, no compensation for extra work
Not required
Director of food services/Executive chef (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I do not feel this mandatory review is necessary as my personal experience with any facet of life will not to be scrutinized by this or in any other public forum.
productive and fun workplace with incompetent management.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSSeptember 28, 2016
No consistent work schedule. Everyday your work scheduled hours would change with out notice. What made the job so hard was when we ran out of chemicals or when something broke, it would take a week for it to either get fixed or for the chemicals to be delivered.
Pros
free lunches and 30 minute break
Cons
no chance to take vacation during holiday seasons
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Really good place they show u how to do everything, like sale stuff, be nice to costumer, Help each other if one of ur coworker needs help you should help them out
Excellent
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2016
My typical day at work is greeting guests, making badges, smiling, light data entry. I'm a front desk receptionist.

The hardest part about my job is making sure everyone receives the right badge for security purposes.

The most enjoyable part is meeting people from around the world.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
making sure no one breeches security
it was alright
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, MASeptember 21, 2016
it was alright. environment was fast passed but a nice place to work. not sure what else to put here I did not work here for long. I enjoyed my time there.
Such a fun work place, keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 18, 2016
I absolutely loved this job, the employees were fantastic the customers were so much fun and I worked through the holidays which made my job so much better. There was always something to do you were never just sitting around. The manager was laid back but she kept you in your place. The only reason I left this job is because they shut down due to bankruptcy and inner family issues.
Pros
Great employees and fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Compass
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2016
Overall good company many changes in upper management over the last few years. Makes you feel like job is very unstable.
Pros
hours
Cons
unstable upper management
unorganized -lack of communication and accountability
Purchaser/Buyer & culinary lead (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 16, 2016
Not very happy with how management closes their eyes to issues that are repetitive-Work that should be done by executive chef is put off onto workers that are already overworked, a lot of lazy people, not kept clean on regular basis, lack of dating and labeling food items
Pros
some good staff, location
Cons
health coverage, wages, accountability
Compass Group
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Can be unorganized, typical corporation work. Good rate of pay and lots of opportunity. They are willing to pay for good workers, and offer summers and holidays off.
Compass is a great place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 13, 2016
The company had great benefits, has a good work environment, and it is fun. There are a lot of great perks for working for a company this big.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.