Compass Employee Reviews

Such a fun work place, keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 18, 2016
I absolutely loved this job, the employees were fantastic the customers were so much fun and I worked through the holidays which made my job so much better. There was always something to do you were never just sitting around. The manager was laid back but she kept you in your place. The only reason I left this job is because they shut down due to bankruptcy and inner family issues.
Pros
Great employees and fun environment
Cons
not enough hours
Compass
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2016
Overall good company many changes in upper management over the last few years. Makes you feel like job is very unstable.
Pros
hours
Cons
unstable upper management
unorganized -lack of communication and accountability
Purchaser/Buyer & culinary lead (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 16, 2016
Not very happy with how management closes their eyes to issues that are repetitive-Work that should be done by executive chef is put off onto workers that are already overworked, a lot of lazy people, not kept clean on regular basis, lack of dating and labeling food items
Pros
some good staff, location
Cons
health coverage, wages, accountability
Compass Group
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Can be unorganized, typical corporation work. Good rate of pay and lots of opportunity. They are willing to pay for good workers, and offer summers and holidays off.
Compass is a great place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 13, 2016
The company had great benefits, has a good work environment, and it is fun. There are a lot of great perks for working for a company this big.
Great company
Resident Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Job is great. Hours are good. The benefits are good. Overall the experience I have had working there has be awesome. Pay is good. Managers are willing to work with you.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Great Co-workers, great management, typical work flow was fast and busy, the most enjoyable part I liked about the job was interacting with new patients and getting to know them.
Best Job
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 7, 2016
A typical days work at Compass involved going to patients houses, taking them out into the community, making sure daily chores and medications were taken. I learned about dealing with people who are mentally handicapped. The most enjoyable time during the job was being able to give patients the experience of going out into the community and interacting with others.
Pros
Paid per mile driving
Unprofessional
Cook (Former Employee) –  Windermere, FLSeptember 6, 2016
worked 12 days straight every pay period
Managers argue all the time
Executive Chef Quit
in one year Staff dropped from 10-4 within a year
the kids are very respectful
Pros
the teachers and kids are great
Cons
Managers fist fighting all the time
Very hard work for very little pay
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2016
The work can be very difficult, but it can also be very easy. It all depends on the clientele you end up with. The only problem with that is, the pay is the same either way. You don't get paid more for dealing with difficult clients, which doesn't seem fair.
Pros
You really feel like you are making a difference in the lives of your clients.
Cons
Don't expect to make a lot of money here.
n.a
Hospitality Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2016
it was great. the staff and ceo are very inviting and enjoy teaching new things. They are a good company to work for if you have kids
Able to work with creative Chefs that care
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 3, 2016
I work in a fast past kitchen preparing food myself for 150 people per day having 3.5 hours before service. That includes serving and interacting with the guest.
Pros
8 hour shifts, free lunch, weekends and holidays off
Cons
Challenges are working in a older kitchen that do not have the best of equipment
Compass Group
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 2, 2016
Chartwells, expects you to do a lot of things and don't want to pay you or are very fair with their employees. No air in some of the kitchens as it reaches 95 degrees, along with the heat from the warmers, ovens and fridge.
Pros
Free food
Fun days with the employees
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2016
I love the fact that the employees were friendly and very helpful, also that the hardest part of my was trying to fit into a culture that wasn't supportive.
Pros
Employee relations were nice
Cons
Management not very helpful
postive
Receptionist/Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2016
work was short but filled wth so much, assisted teacher in daily lesson plans, homework help, set up activities, events, trips, etc. filed students work
Pros
free lunch and trips
Cons
low hours
Looks good on paper
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
My experience with this company has been less than desirable. One positive is that I was able to make myself an asset to the operation but it has done little to advance my career. I have repeatedly asked for career development opportunities and I am still waiting after 2 years to be given any training. There are people making more money and in higher positions with less experience and no education. What has been even more discouraging is the negative and hostile work environment. I am very disappointment in the way Compass manages their talent. Benefits are also a joke, I have 1 week of vacation and 1 week sick.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Benefits, hostile environment, poor management
Easy job
Store room attendant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 31, 2016
Great people to work with...Mangement is great overall love this company ....Health care could be just a little better as far as co payment for a single person
Pros
Lunch half price
Cons
Health care
Great director and cnm
Nutrition support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 26, 2016
Loved working with CNM AND RDs, Great place to work. Forsyth Medical Center. Fun place, great food. Employee picnics. Incentives good, Forsyth great place to work
Pros
Pay and incentives mit bad
book keeper
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 22, 2016
Ensured accurate and timely processing of accounting data. Performed accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, balanced cash, and posted sales invoices. Researched account transactions to identify and resolve discrepancies. Accurately posted transactions utilizing proprietary data system. Employed outstanding communication skills in interacting closely with members throughout all phases of billing and collections.
Not organized
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2016
Don't know about other accounts with Compass, but my account had no organization. Check stubs were printed out by office manager and left in the file cabinet for other workers to easily see and open. Throughout my entire time there checks were constantly messed up.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts, not organized