Compassion International Employee Reviews

Very caring environment, great place to work
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 13, 2018
I worked in the Outbound Call Center as an account Representative. It was my responsible to maintain customer accounts. I also was responsible to inform customers of any changes to their child sponsorship. I was also selected for the special team who made the "death calls.' Those calls that informed the customer that their sponsored child had passed away. Also included in that call was any bit of counseling that may be required and informing customer how they could donate or send condolences. It was the best?worst experience of my life. Very humbling to make a 'death call' Very sad to hear of children dying so young.
Pros
wonderful cafeteria, meaningful chapel times, personal on sight counselor available at company expence
Cons
call center did not have a lot of advancement opportunities.
Great company
iOS and Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2018
Great company that I would recommend to anyone. It was a pleasure to work under my boss. The environment is very relaxed and the pay and vacation time is good.
Great people working for a very worthy cause
IT Stategic Sourcing and Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2017
Great facility and amenities (cafeteria is excellent) with first-rate tools to do your job. Excellent orientation and other training. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Ambiente de trabajo positivo
Translator (Current Employee) –  Santo DomingoNovember 5, 2017
Tiene un ambiente de trabajo armonioso y de hermandad
Great Place to work
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 3, 2017
Great place to work enjoyed working wit people of different backgrounds it was a great place to work. love the mission and the purpose. I enjoyed goin
For starters may be an ok place
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  FendaSeptember 15, 2017
For beginners it is fine to start work with CI. Not much advancement and culture is unbecoming of a Christian. Genuine work and performers are not recognised.
A very comfortable atmosphere to build a career
Corporate Security Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2017
I've worked at Compassion for just under 6 years and it has been a fun, pleasant place to work. It has some issues just as any other company would but the atmosphere has always been inviting and fun. The mission is amazing and most of the jobs are very rewarding.
Amazing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2017
Compassion is unlike any work environment. It is fantastic and a blessing to be a part of such an amazing ministry. My manager was pro-family time and was involved in my career growth.
Good Freelancer employment
Freelance Translator (Current Employee) –  Santo Domingo,DRJuly 21, 2017
I Love to work there as you get in touch with the human side of the life. It keeps you humble and grateful by acknowledging how lucky you are of having the life you have. People is great.
Productive and Tight
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Senya BerakuJuly 4, 2017
Balancing financial problems

Well discipline managerial principles

High diversified culture

When I was asked to do a reconciliation for the first time

Other benefits aside salary
Pros
Sponsoring every travelling expenses
Cons
Very short break and long sitting hours of working
Large organization helping children in developing countries
Organizational Change Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 31, 2017
Enjoyed working for this established organization. The cause is great and the organization offers lots of opportunities for training and inter department engagement.
Interesting to do Voluntary service here
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Global Evangelical ChurchMay 29, 2017
A day at work is always performing administrative duties and dealing with beneficiaries. its always fulfilling moments dealing with the less privileged children in realizing their respective dreams.
Pros
selflessness pays
Cons
service to the less privilege
Organization that has stood the test of time
Organizational Change Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 12, 2017
Compassion is doing a great job in the Humanitarian field.
There are some layers of favoritism and poor judgement on selection of leadership, but still is a great organization with lot of opportunity to grow.
They also pay much lower.
Fast growing company
Sr. Project Procurement and Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 5, 2017
Don't remember much except except we, management, had to cross train on several processes. Sometimes we would have to stay most of the night if we found mail bag on the ramp at the general mail facility. That made for some fun times.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Trying to figure out how fast to grow.
A typical day?!?
IT Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2017
Each day at Compassion was different. My work would fluctuate depending on the needs of my team. Some days I would concentrate on processing expense reports while others days I would be processing purchase requests. If there was a need to arrange for an off-site training, then I would be making attendee's travel/hotel accommodations and getting them registered for a class. Or I could be working on reconciling the expenses against the department's budget.

Management could improve on their communication processes.

The hardest part of this job was managing the priorities; but if you set a reasonable expectation on delivery, most people were satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference for my teams.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Worked with incredible people.
Video Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
Working for an organization that has a mission you can believe in was a blessing. Then working alongside an amazing group of talented and devoted individuals was the icing on the cake.
I worked here as a contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2017
CI wasn't interested in what I knew or how my experience might influence development strategy; it was simply a matter of writing the code to satisfy requirements.
award winning Minisrty
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2016
Might just be the best ministry to work at in Colorado Springs but certainly not immune to growing pains as they transition into the next level of growth.
Pros
The mission of helping children is intensely gratifying, the organization has always been super focused on best use of donor money, a genuinely caring environment of mentoring peer to peers.
Cons
In some divisions it can be difficult for women to advance into leadership and management roles.
Wonderful mission and people
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2016
I would highly recommend Compassion to anyone the environment and work was exceptional. The office is very nice and the work hours ideal for any working individual.
Pros
great cause and people
Cons
lots of politics
Understanding and hospitable to volunteers.
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2016
My one night volunteer shift at Compassion International was pleasant and I would volunteer for them again. They thoroughly walked volunteers through their duties in detail, and overall treated us with respect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassion International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3