Compassion International

Compassion International Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
SPONSOR DONOR PROGRAM (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 25, 2014
Surrounded by wonderful people. Great Job, especially if you have a family.
Positive & encouraging atmosphere
Corporate Business Support Specialist (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 24, 2014
Served as the main contact person for communication flow from projects regarding inventory re-orders, shipping, and other related questions
Answered questions and worked with Managers to find solutions
Administrative tasks including: financial reports, booking travel, payment reimbursements, as well as other tasks as needed
Enriching, fulfilling organization. Employees are treated well with opportunities to grow spiritually.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2014
Pros: christian culture w/weekly staff meetings, prayer groups, chapel. positive clean environment w/seasonal celebrations.
Cons: travel - ten miles one way from my home.
Tested/scored applicants for various positions.
Submited requests for background checks.
Gave weekly orientations to new employees.
Used Word to type weekly job updates, terminations, openings.
Used Excel spreadsheets to keept track of in-house training of each department staff.
Using PowerPoint, Publisher assisted Director of Training with preparing materials for workshops.
Filed confidential documents in Human Resources Personnel Files
Kept files in order and purged as needed.
Served as backup for Receptionist.

Learned how child sponsorship makes a difference in a child's life and how each job contributes to this. Realized how blessed we are in the USA.

Management turned to prayer and God's leadership on every issue. They set the example for the rest of staff.

Weekly departmental meetings and teams within the departments had weekly meetings in which co-workers were encouraged to use our individual gifts and abilities.

Don't recall the "hardest part" of my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the nuturing environment with chapel, training, always an opportunity to grow.
Good experience first two years
Sponsor Donor Relations Specialist II (Former Employee), coloradoSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management. no accountability for some
At first employees were treated as adults, trusted to do their jobs, it was a comfortable workplace. Management listened, encouraged you and you felt like you were a part of things.

Since then micro management, clicks, not a safe place to give opinions even if asked, turning a blind eye to bad behavior in the work place for some.

most co workers are great. Management is not.
Respectful and Encouraging
Technical Writer, Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2014
I have never worked for a company as professionally managed as Compassion International. Every customer interface I've had as a contractor has been positive, motivating, and encouraging, and above all they treat employees (and contractors) with respect. I thoroughly enjoy the office environment, interacting with the staff, and contributing to the success of the company's mission.
Great place knowing you are helping poor children in countries.
Agency Assistant, In-House Agency (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 23, 2014
Pros: knowing you are involved helping needy children.
Cons: absolutely no room to grow.
Great group of people to work with on the team, Creative Blue Agency, within Compassion International. A typical day would be processing invoices on a timely basis, working on vendor contracts by keeping them up to date, setting up new contracts and Statement of Works, arrange meetings for the department and arrange room reservations, work on various projects for the Copy Team, electronic and manual filing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of work and having an opportunity to transcribe for the Video Production team.
Mission focused
Sr. Process Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2014
Compassion provides a challenging environment where you are encouraged to grow and develop your skills. The culture is very mission and value focused which leads to common organizational goals throughout.
One of my fulfilling jobs.
Leadership Development Program (LDP) Specialist (Former Employee), PhilippinesMay 20, 2013
Pros: great vision and mission
Cons: training for advancement was given to only selected staff.
I was able to stay in my job because I love the children and the vision of the organization. However, working with the management was the hardest part.
Great place to work. They really valued their employees
Sponsor Correspondence Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 8, 2013
I worked on a great team who supported each other. It was very encouraging, and I was constantly learning new things. I learned a lot about data entry, sponsor contact, and how to navigate through the companies database. I had a great supervisor who gave feedback to help me grow, and who also went out of their way to make sure I had every I needed to succeed.
A good place to work
Compassion ministry a child development program (Former Employee), West, HTJune 10, 2012
Pros: low price lunch, good cafeteria...
Cons: two short breaks during the day: one 15mns and another one: 30 mns for lunch
Productive, interpersonal relatonships, work load, spirit of team and sacrifice but also a fun work place with a prayer room for devotion every morning.
Exceptional mission to kids around the world.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2012
You won't find a more impactful work to change the lives of children around the world.
Incredible people, incredible cause!
Colorado Springs, Colorado (Former Employee), Account Executive, Creative ServicesNovember 6, 2011
Pros: faith and family come first
By far one of the best run organizations I have ever worked for. Incredible people, incredible cause! Motivated to go to work each day!

About Compassion International

Compassion International is the world's largest Christian child development organization that permanently releases children from – Read more

Compassion International Photos