Compassion International Employee Reviews

A typical day?!?
IT Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2017
Each day at Compassion was different. My work would fluctuate depending on the needs of my team. Some days I would concentrate on processing expense reports while others days I would be processing purchase requests. If there was a need to arrange for an off-site training, then I would be making attendee's travel/hotel accommodations and getting them registered for a class. Or I could be working on reconciling the expenses against the department's budget.

Management could improve on their communication processes.

The hardest part of this job was managing the priorities; but if you set a reasonable expectation on delivery, most people were satisfied.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference for my teams.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited Advancement Opportunities
Worked with incredible people.
Video Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2017
Working for an organization that has a mission you can believe in was a blessing. Then working alongside an amazing group of talented and devoted individuals was the icing on the cake.
I worked here as a contractor
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2017
CI wasn't interested in what I knew or how my experience might influence development strategy; it was simply a matter of writing the code to satisfy requirements.
award winning Minisrty
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 4, 2016
Might just be the best ministry to work at in Colorado Springs but certainly not immune to growing pains as they transition into the next level of growth.
Pros
The mission of helping children is intensely gratifying, the organization has always been super focused on best use of donor money, a genuinely caring environment of mentoring peer to peers.
Cons
In some divisions it can be difficult for women to advance into leadership and management roles.
Wonderful mission and people
Workforce Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 14, 2016
I would highly recommend Compassion to anyone the environment and work was exceptional. The office is very nice and the work hours ideal for any working individual.
Pros
great cause and people
Cons
lots of politics
Understanding and hospitable to volunteers.
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2016
My one night volunteer shift at Compassion International was pleasant and I would volunteer for them again. They thoroughly walked volunteers through their duties in detail, and overall treated us with respect.
friendly work environment
ALUMNI FELLOW-CALL Center (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsAugust 22, 2016
Well organized and friendly culture.You have the opportunity to work with other Christians in a positive, Christ-centered environment.You have the freedom to live out your faith at work.
Worst experience of my entire career
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 7, 2016
The mission of this organization is very important in the lives of the children they support around the world. Unfortunately, the management I interacted with did not live up to the values espoused by the founder.
Pros
My co-workers were great
Cons
Exceedingly poor management
Great mission but management is challenged
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2016
Compassion has a great mission to help kids in poverty. They hire professionally competent people that are exceptional, but these people work under a stagnate, inexperienced leadership team that does not encourage development, progressive action, or productivity. I'd consider your options before spending your time and effort working there until the organization turns over better values and promotes better leadership.
I enjoy having with them
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Monkayo, Compostela ValleyJuly 8, 2015
This company serves as my comfort zone. They serve as a big role in developing my confidence. I like the way they treat each worker, they are very realistic and outgoing.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Healthcare
Great mission, dedicated workforce, poor management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2015
Sadly, many in senior management do not demonstrate the Christian values and leadership principles it promotes. Yet the dedicated workforce and its sponsors keep the mission moving forward. Little upward movement and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Anniversary trips to the field countries at 5 year milestones.
Cons
Core Values not lived out by self-promoting management.
great
Fulfillment Associate - temporary (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2015
Loved working there. Great place to be. Loved the mission and the atmosphere. You feel valued and know you are making a difference in the world.
Pros
good coworkers, great building, friendly atmosphere, decent breaks
Cons
long hours depending on your job
A place to make a difference
Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2015
This has been a great place to work. I have had the opportunity to work and cross train in many different areas. From running machines in the distribution center to learning how to be an effective communicator through e-mails to other countries. Another big part of my position is quality assurance and taking the time to be sure that our information is accurate before being sent out the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my 5 year anniversary trip in which I was able to see what the company does for poverty stricken children in other parts of the world. This was an eye opening experience for me and made me proud to know that what I am doing is not only enjoyable, but makes a life long impact in the lives of the less fortunate.
Pros
Anniversary trips and great benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
A good company with great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
Fast-paced office. Lots of work. The cause is wonderful, to help children all over the world! Makes it all worth it. The people are down to earth and the environment is casual and comfortable.
Pros
Benefits are SUPER!
Cons
Far from where I live.
Great organization to learn about the complex global world and how to help solve poverty, a good place to grow.
International Tours and Visits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the mission of the work and the ability to understand the perspective about poverty from different countries. The learning about people, teams, culture and different management styles is great. Very hardworking people, who try their best to know how to do their job on a daily basis and serve the needs of the developing world.
Great Place to work
SPONSOR DONOR PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 25, 2014
Surrounded by wonderful people. Great Job, especially if you have a family.
Positive & encouraging atmosphere
Corporate Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 24, 2014
Served as the main contact person for communication flow from projects regarding inventory re-orders, shipping, and other related questions
Answered questions and worked with Managers to find solutions
Administrative tasks including: financial reports, booking travel, payment reimbursements, as well as other tasks as needed
Enriching, fulfilling organization. Employees are treated well with opportunities to grow spiritually.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2014
Tested/scored applicants for various positions.
Submited requests for background checks.
Gave weekly orientations to new employees.
Used Word to type weekly job updates, terminations, openings.
Used Excel spreadsheets to keept track of in-house training of each department staff.
Using PowerPoint, Publisher assisted Director of Training with preparing materials for workshops.
Filed confidential documents in Human Resources Personnel Files
Kept files in order and purged as needed.
Served as backup for Receptionist.

Learned how child sponsorship makes a difference in a child's life and how each job contributes to this. Realized how blessed we are in the USA.

Management turned to prayer and God's leadership on every issue. They set the example for the rest of staff.

Weekly departmental meetings and teams within the departments had weekly meetings in which co-workers were encouraged to use our individual gifts and abilities.

Don't recall the "hardest part" of my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the nuturing environment with chapel, training, always an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Christian culture w/weekly staff meetings, prayer groups, chapel. Positive clean environment w/seasonal celebrations.
Cons
Travel - ten miles one way from my home.
Good experience first two years
Sponsor Donor Relations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  coloradoSeptember 7, 2014
At first employees were treated as adults, trusted to do their jobs, it was a comfortable workplace. Management listened, encouraged you and you felt like you were a part of things.

Since then micro management, clicks, not a safe place to give opinions even if asked, turning a blind eye to bad behavior in the work place for some.

most co workers are great. Management is not.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management. no accountability for some
Respectful and Encouraging
Technical Writer, Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2014
I have never worked for a company as professionally managed as Compassion International. Every customer interface I've had as a contractor has been positive, motivating, and encouraging, and above all they treat employees (and contractors) with respect. I thoroughly enjoy the office environment, interacting with the staff, and contributing to the success of the company's mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassion International. Our community is ready to answer.

Compassion International Reviews by Location