Compassion International Employee Reviews in United States

Great mission but management is challenged
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2016
Compassion has a great mission to help kids in poverty. They hire professionally competent people that are exceptional, but these people work under a stagnate, inexperienced leadership team that does not encourage development, progressive action, or productivity. I'd consider your options before spending your time and effort working there until the organization turns over better values and promotes better leadership.
Great mission, dedicated workforce, poor management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2015
Sadly, many in senior management do not demonstrate the Christian values and leadership principles it promotes. Yet the dedicated workforce and its sponsors keep the mission moving forward. Little upward movement and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Anniversary trips to the field countries at 5 year milestones.
Cons
Core Values not lived out by self-promoting management.
great
Fulfillment Associate - temporary (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2015
Loved working there. Great place to be. Loved the mission and the atmosphere. You feel valued and know you are making a difference in the world.
Pros
good coworkers, great building, friendly atmosphere, decent breaks
Cons
long hours depending on your job
A place to make a difference
Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 29, 2015
This has been a great place to work. I have had the opportunity to work and cross train in many different areas. From running machines in the distribution center to learning how to be an effective communicator through e-mails to other countries. Another big part of my position is quality assurance and taking the time to be sure that our information is accurate before being sent out the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job has been my 5 year anniversary trip in which I was able to see what the company does for poverty stricken children in other parts of the world. This was an eye opening experience for me and made me proud to know that what I am doing is not only enjoyable, but makes a life long impact in the lives of the less fortunate.
Pros
Anniversary trips and great benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
A good company with great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 10, 2015
Fast-paced office. Lots of work. The cause is wonderful, to help children all over the world! Makes it all worth it. The people are down to earth and the environment is casual and comfortable.
Pros
benefits are super!
Cons
far from where i live.
Great organization to learn about the complex global world and how to help solve poverty, a good place to grow.
International Tours and Visits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the mission of the work and the ability to understand the perspective about poverty from different countries. The learning about people, teams, culture and different management styles is great. Very hardworking people, who try their best to know how to do their job on a daily basis and serve the needs of the developing world.
Great Place to work
SPONSOR DONOR PROGRAM (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 25, 2014
Surrounded by wonderful people. Great Job, especially if you have a family.
Positive & encouraging atmosphere
Corporate Business Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 24, 2014
Served as the main contact person for communication flow from projects regarding inventory re-orders, shipping, and other related questions
Answered questions and worked with Managers to find solutions
Administrative tasks including: financial reports, booking travel, payment reimbursements, as well as other tasks as needed
Enriching, fulfilling organization. Employees are treated well with opportunities to grow spiritually.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2014
Tested/scored applicants for various positions.
Submited requests for background checks.
Gave weekly orientations to new employees.
Used Word to type weekly job updates, terminations, openings.
Used Excel spreadsheets to keept track of in-house training of each department staff.
Using PowerPoint, Publisher assisted Director of Training with preparing materials for workshops.
Filed confidential documents in Human Resources Personnel Files
Kept files in order and purged as needed.
Served as backup for Receptionist.

Learned how child sponsorship makes a difference in a child's life and how each job contributes to this. Realized how blessed we are in the USA.

Management turned to prayer and God's leadership on every issue. They set the example for the rest of staff.

Weekly departmental meetings and teams within the departments had weekly meetings in which co-workers were encouraged to use our individual gifts and abilities.

Don't recall the "hardest part" of my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the nuturing environment with chapel, training, always an opportunity to grow.
Pros
christian culture w/weekly staff meetings, prayer groups, chapel. positive clean environment w/seasonal celebrations.
Cons
travel - ten miles one way from my home.
Good experience first two years
Sponsor Donor Relations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  coloradoSeptember 7, 2014
At first employees were treated as adults, trusted to do their jobs, it was a comfortable workplace. Management listened, encouraged you and you felt like you were a part of things.

Since then micro management, clicks, not a safe place to give opinions even if asked, turning a blind eye to bad behavior in the work place for some.

most co workers are great. Management is not.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
management. no accountability for some
Respectful and Encouraging
Technical Writer, Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2014
I have never worked for a company as professionally managed as Compassion International. Every customer interface I've had as a contractor has been positive, motivating, and encouraging, and above all they treat employees (and contractors) with respect. I thoroughly enjoy the office environment, interacting with the staff, and contributing to the success of the company's mission.
Great place knowing you are helping poor children in countries.
Agency Assistant, In-House Agency (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 23, 2014
Great group of people to work with on the team, Creative Blue Agency, within Compassion International. A typical day would be processing invoices on a timely basis, working on vendor contracts by keeping them up to date, setting up new contracts and Statement of Works, arrange meetings for the department and arrange room reservations, work on various projects for the Copy Team, electronic and manual filing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of work and having an opportunity to transcribe for the Video Production team.
Pros
knowing you are involved helping needy children.
Cons
absolutely no room to grow.
Mission focused
Sr. Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2014
Compassion provides a challenging environment where you are encouraged to grow and develop your skills. The culture is very mission and value focused which leads to common organizational goals throughout.
One of my fulfilling jobs.
Leadership Development Program (LDP) Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 20, 2013
I was able to stay in my job because I love the children and the vision of the organization. However, working with the management was the hardest part.
Pros
great vision and mission
Cons
training for advancement was given to only selected staff.
Great place to work. They really valued their employees
Sponsor Correspondence Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoJanuary 8, 2013
I worked on a great team who supported each other. It was very encouraging, and I was constantly learning new things. I learned a lot about data entry, sponsor contact, and how to navigate through the companies database. I had a great supervisor who gave feedback to help me grow, and who also went out of their way to make sure I had every I needed to succeed.
A good place to work
Compassion ministry a child development program (Former Employee) –  West, HTJune 10, 2012
Productive, interpersonal relatonships, work load, spirit of team and sacrifice but also a fun work place with a prayer room for devotion every morning.
Pros
low price lunch, good cafeteria...
Cons
two short breaks during the day: one 15mns and another one: 30 mns for lunch
Exceptional mission to kids around the world.
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2012
You won't find a more impactful work to change the lives of children around the world.
Incredible people, incredible cause!
Colorado Springs, Colorado (Former Employee) –  Account Executive, Creative ServicesNovember 6, 2011
By far one of the best run organizations I have ever worked for. Incredible people, incredible cause! Motivated to go to work each day!
Pros
faith and family come first