Compassionate Care Hospice

Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

Horrible Management!
Registered Nurse Case Manager - Hospice (Current Employee), Lombard, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent money
Cons: Give up your life - - days, nights and weekends!!!
What started off as a great opportunity to manage your own schedule with lots of flexibility became a job that basically takes over your life day and night. Charting was done on my own time in the evenings or late into the night and weekends. Driving was close to 1000 miles every two weeks because they base the driving from the office, not from where you live. Worse part is that they couldn't understand why you had a problem driving so far. I was micromanaged all day, every day. No flexibility at all. Text messages at midnight and 6:30 am by management and if you thought you were seeing patients early so you get done early, you had another surprise coming -- drop everything and go do what they tell you to do. If you weren't among the management's favorite staff, you'd be picking up the slack. Management not respected in many of the facilities because of constant mistakes they personally did. Difficult to be associated with the company.

Great patients and families and rewarding and self-fulfilling but the management has no respect or compassion for them.
A Great place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 9, 2015
I like working with the team of people at compassionate care hospice. this is a great place to build you work experience. You will learn how to multitask
Compassionate
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: high health insurance
A loving and caring environment for patients and staff. The dedication that the staff have for the patients is amazing. I would refer any family that need Hospice care to definitely choose Compassionate Care Hospice for their family needs.
poor
Clinical Director (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: cardiac program
Cons: poor customer service from administrator
I worked day and night to provide excellent customer service and to let my team know that i was available for them at all times.
Worked with diverse populations of people and lots of driving
Community Educator/Social Worker (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Typical day included field work within the healthcare arena educating families and healthcare professions about hospice related topics.
Pleasant and dedicated staff
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), College Station, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: dedicated staff
Cons: can be emotionally stressful
A fulfilling staff position with emphasis on Patient awareness and acceptance of Terminal Diagnosis. Allowing for large scope of teaching and of learning, both for Nurse and Individual Pt.
great co-workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Westampton NJDecember 30, 2014
A fantastic place to work. Love my co-workers and the families I get to meet. Its a hard job, but very fulfilling.
starting my day 15 minutes early
Office/ Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2014
Pros: creating a positive impact
1- check my e-mail, to see if anyone has called out sick, if anyone has expired I work for hospice, inform the home health aide for any changes. coordinate if it's needed. durable medical equipment if it" needed to be pick-up or delivered. I also will approve billing for home health aides services, audit RN for proper documentation in order to be in compliance......
Wonderful experience to be able to help the families with the passing of their loved ones as well as be able to provide comfort to the resident.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Hospice (Former Employee), traveling/visiting nurseOctober 9, 2014
Pros: working with multitude of different diagnosis and people
Cons: unable to leave for lunch break
One on one with patient and family, able to give 100% of my attention and care. I provided emotional support to patient and families. Traveling to different patients as needed I was able to continue to enhance my nursing skills as each individual patient is and was different.
Adventurous workplace
Hospice Aide/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Pooler, GASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: excellent staff, breaks during the day, and benefits for my family
Cons: not enough time spent with my patients
A typical day at work I was always out visiting with patients at their homes or facilities bathing, grooming, and feeding them. I learned about my patient's history on where they came from and their lives and how they felt on a daily basis. Management was incredible anything I reported got handled in a timely manner. The hardest part of my job was seeing or hearing a patient has passed away from their terminal illness. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my patients smile and get excited when I show up at the homes or facilities for our routine visits.
Internship
Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: customer service to the maximum
Cons: my time there was to short and it was only a internship
Working at compassionate Care Hospice I learned to love people and respect people for who they are. I learned to have compassion for the client and people in general. Its hard as a elderly person when they get older to have someone on their side as they reach this hard time in their life and sometimes their is no support shown for these type of people. So as a intern I learned to cope and deal with these type of situations.
Nice company.
Clinical Director (Current Employee), Natchez, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good reputation
Cons: too many jobs per person. don't want full time employees.
The company is outstanding at the corporate level. Not a feeling of job security, and love to give several jobs to one person, and complain because they take too long to finish or any mistakes are analyzed and criticized over and over. Great pay.
I really liked doing hospice contiuous care.
LVN (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 23, 2014
Pros: able to use many of my skills that i larned as a nurse
Cons: layoff due to mismanagement.
Very good Salary and Benefits I was very disappointed when laid off due to company mismanagement.
good people
Chaplain (Former Employee), Toms River, NJAugust 23, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: travel
it was a pleasure to work with the nursing staff. good values, fun to go to work every day.
My first job after nursing school, good place to work, management tried their best to accomodate your requests.
LPN (Current Employee), Clifton, NJAugust 9, 2014
Work load was high at this nursing home, but it was a good place to learn if you are a new nurse since you have a mix of subacute, long term care and psych.
Learning Experience.
ADMINISTARTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Southwest HoustonJuly 25, 2014
A great place to learn about hospice services, and how all people need a helping hand in a very important and delicate time in life. I enjoyed everyday there and my co workers.
Empathetic
LVN (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: making a difference
Cons: death
The importance of life at the person end stage of life and dealing with families during the death process.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: schedule
It is a family environment, learning is excellent and location easy to get at with ample parking.
Team Players, Very Caring Enviroment
CCH Scheduler Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJune 26, 2014
Pros: bonus, free lunches
Cons: long hours of work
Never a dull moment. Always busy with phone calls, customer service, staff meetings, recruiting new hirers, performing on the job training, and handling discipline matters. Learning the different concepts of nursing homes, private duty homes and rehab. facilities. Being able to function one on one with both staff and clients. The hardest is being a salary employee and learning to accept the fact that my job is more than a 40 hour work week. The most enjoyable is to see the accomplishments that We as a team has done.
Stressful, documentation system not good.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Clifton, NJJune 25, 2014
I learned a lot about case management and fiscal responsibility here. There were changes in management and employee turnover and a very stressful environment. The computer was a real problem and the documentation program caused me to work at home very late to complete documentation. That was a real problem.

1 2 3 4 5