Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

learning experience
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport, DESeptember 22, 2017
Compassionate care was my first working hospice experience and I took many good details when I left. I appreciated the staff and collaboration. the medical director, Dr Dan Depietropaolo is a very nice man who respects nurses.
Love kath smith
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Joliet ilSeptember 20, 2017
They are great, just too far south for me, the staff are friendly and team players, I would stay if it wasent so far away for me I don't like traveling on i55
not a good fit
sales (Former Employee) –  houstonSeptember 19, 2017
the mission is clear and most people want to help. Manager is terrible --- mean, talks harshly , does not like anyone exept her inner circle. HR is no help and is in the inside. Be in field is good, but in office is terribl.
Not just 9-5
Medical social worker (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHSeptember 17, 2017
Rewarding, enjoyable job, however you'll often be up late at night catching up on documentation. If you manage things well you can spend the last hour or two of your day documenting but things come up a lot that keep you out until 5 or 6 (or 7 or 8). There's a big emphasis put on everyone playing a part in marketing, which can be fun but often becomes stressful when the census is low. Not a good role if you have young kids. It's hard to get a day off for sick child or snow storm.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
Stress, you have to have really good time management skills.
lack of marketing in my area, I would have had to transfer positions
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Carbon County, PASeptember 16, 2017
Marketing was competitive in my area which was Carbon County, they wanted me to change positions which would entail hospice nursing in Lehigh Valley. The role I did was fulfilling but the changes projected didn't provide work-life balance.
Pros
flex. schedule, nice patients and families, Built great referral sources.
Cons
travel was tremendous at times
Nice place to work
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 10, 2017
Job was very rewarding. Everyone was very helpful. There was a lot of freedom with this job and making your own schedule. Pay was not very good and benefits were poor.
Pros
Setting your own schedule
Cons
Low pay and mileage reimbursement
Team Oriented
Medical Records Coordinator/ Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 6, 2017
Very Productive and requires hard work. Encouraged to do a great job. Also can move up in the company if you choose to do so. Team oriented. Safe enviorment
Worst job that I have ever worked at!
Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 5, 2017
The clinical director is the most rude and condescending person I have ever met! She likes to belittle her staff (behind closed doors and in staff meetings). I would not recommend anyone for a job there! Especially the Woburn office!
Pros
The staff besides the clinical director and manager were great!
Cons
Clinical director
A great place to work and to help patients with end of life
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 28, 2017
A great dedicated management and direct care staff. The RNs and social workers and chaplain all have a great team spirit and work together to serve those in need.
Excellent hospice company to work for
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 8, 2017
This hospice company really cared about their patients and ensured that all employees had the tools to care for them also. Great work life/family life balance
Great opportunity to learn and meet new people and do something that I really love
Certified Hospice Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 7, 2017
A typical work day could vary you must always be prepared to perform what ever the situation. I learned to be open to other cultures and opinions without judging. Management was o.k. no real issues. Work place culture was business as usual. The hardest part of the job was getting attached to a consumer and family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and listening to them share about lives.
Pros
You can do what you love
Cons
There is only a limited amount of time because of the nature of the business, but it's worth it.
Case managed terminally ill patients
HOSPICE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 6, 2017
The job can be stressful as patients are terminal. Patients and families can be demanding at times which are understandable. The office staff and management try to help nurses and are accommodating.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible health benefit
Dedicated and fun team!
Social Work Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 4, 2017
I absolutely loved my experience interning at Compassionate Care Hospice in Media. My MSW supervisor was fantastic. She kept me busy and was able to teach me in a fun and hands-on way. The team truly made me feel as if I was an asset and the encouragement I received there is still a source of positivity today!
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 1, 2017
I am currently working with CCH as a contract employee, I have had a great time working at CCH and would love to say on as a regular employee. Hope this works out into a regular employment opportunity.
Comfortable
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 26, 2017
Its a nice place to work, co workers are friendly and much of staff has been working here 5 year +.

Supportive management

Great commute, close to everything.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 13, 2017
Nice coworkers, great work environment, good reputation, takes care of their clients demands and requirements. Great medical and office staff. Productive
Unprofessional the doors should be closed down
n/A (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 6, 2017
Co-workers practice out of their scope, lie about their background & credentials. Unprofessional & unknowledgeable. Management does not know what they are doing.
Pros
working with Patients
Cons
all aspects of the job
good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2017
Compassionate Care Hospice is a great place to work. They truly care about their employees and want what's best for them. The management looks out for those under them.
Taylor CCH office is an excellent team !!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Taylor, PAJuly 5, 2017
Great people, solid commitment to patient care ! They don't just talk the talk they walk the walk.
My team works togeather to meet the needs of the patients and the families. They always help each other when a need develops.
The leadership team is supportive and hard working. They understand the demand sof the field staff jobs.
Pros
Benifits are very good
Not a profesional place of employment.
RN Case Manager/ Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, TXJuly 1, 2017
Long hours always expected. Poor management of program. Company started pediatrics program and expected all employees to be comfortable with the care of pediatrics and threaten termination if not willing to work with pediatric patients/
Pros
Cons
please see above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassionate Care Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

Compassionate Care Hospice Reviews by Location