Compassionate Care Hospice

Compassionate Care Hospice Employee Reviews

negative work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 18, 2016
Overall job is a great place to work if the review of nurses and aides are not so negative. Management/staffing coordinator were very negative towards aids and gossip negatively among staffs about performances. Aides were not positive among training and working as a team. Because management/staff coordinator and a few on staff nurses views aren't supporting and lack team efforts among employees. The overall view,wouldn't recommend any positive nurses to apply this job. The office staff is very negative. Too many buddy system of friends between upper staff and their choice of employees to respect. Very unprofessional supervisor. Supervisor makes decisions based on negative opinions and gossip instead job performance. Very poor training effort received and lack of positive support for new staff.
Pros
working independently
Cons
Negative supervisors/staff coordinator
Introduction into hospice
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXNovember 14, 2016
Compassionate Care Hospice was my introduction into the world of hospice. During my time with Compassionate Care, I developed such a love of providing hospice care that I was motivated to open and run my own hospice, Autumn Mist Hospice.
Pros
Incredibly strong team members and team spirit
Cons
Corporate owned, limited room for advancement
People's best interest at heart
Intern - Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 9, 2016
CCH is a great company that cares about the families who enroll their loved ones at Hospice. A typical day at work is basically handling patient information. Endless paperwork and answering phone calls. Also, I visit patients around twice a week. Could be tiring when you have to travel by train or bus.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Stressful, no service
A day in the life of Compassionate Care Hospice
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  369 E. 148th street, Bronx, NYNovember 1, 2016
I love going to the office of this company. Everyone is friendly but busy a lot. They always need help and that is good because I get bored if I have nothing to do. Everyone is a team and they take everyone into consideration.

I love my co-workers. As an intern who doesn't get paid, you would think I did the bare minimal but I actually work hard for my hours and credits. I love what I do and I love to learn new things. That is why the staff members love me. I do not complain.
Pros
Everyone cares about each other and looks out for one another
Cons
Short breaks and hiring freeze
Poor management, Poor after hours response time
RN (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 24, 2016
Compassionate Care Hospice allows each office to be run independently by the Program Director, unfortunately the management team is thinly staffed and one person often has a lot of power whether they are good/bad or not. Many perks and benefits have been taken over the course of the past year, the medical insurance is extremely high and unaffordable to cover a family. The on call staff do not respond timely to family distress calls.
Pros
Dedicated full-time field staff
Cons
Insecure management staff
I've only worked their for 2 months
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 7, 2016
As a SQL data Analyst I was sent to work within the company as a Team. My team wasn't properly disclosing adequete information for I may proceed with my job tasks. Management had a hierarchy structure in which team leader was treating me unequally .
Pros
CFO was very Nice.
Cons
My management team was horrible
Management mean and unsupportive.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 21, 2016
I got a job as a RN Patient Care Manager in May 2016. I had a lot of home care experience but they were fully aware I DID NOT have hospice experience! The program director assured me I would have ample orientation before I was assigned a caseload. I had minimal, at best, orientation and was thrown out in the field with NO LAPTOP!!! I immediately was assigned 17 patients. The Nurse Manager was very mean and you only found out you didn't do something or made a mistake via a nasty email from her. It is a shame because the other nurses were great, helpful and supportive. I was more stressed out in this job than any job I ever had.
They were constantly after me for documentation (had to come in the office to do it) and acted like they were doing me a big favor by letting me come in.
I was out a few times as I became sick due to my IBS. I couldn't even sleep at night. I expressed my feelings to the Program Manager but it was put back on me. They had me come in to do all my documentation and then terminated me in August. Luckily, being a nurse I had several job offers and was able to secure one quickly. I worked extremely hard there, usually was up to 12am to do documentation, and also worked on it when I was out sick. Horrible, horrible experience. Beware!!!
Pros
I loved my patients !
Cons
Everything else.
compassionate hospice
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2016
working towards making a difference in changing lives and giving the upmost quality care in patient care I enjoyed meeting new friendly people.
Not a fun place to work.
Hospice Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Not a fun place to work. Consumes your life. Management is insensitive. You constantly bring home work and not appreciated by management. I would not advise working there.
Very stressful environment
Professional And Clinical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHAugust 18, 2016
Management does not know how to manage unless its micromanagement.
Training was a joke...just threw me out there with 3 days of shadowing people who aren't even in the same position..
No compassion from upper management...
Expect 60+ hours on salary and you don't get to use the time you work over 40 hours...you don't even get appreciation
Pros
other staff
Cons
expectations way too high, micromanagement
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 28, 2016
Some days are challenging, but my co-workers make it a more enjoyable environment. My clinical director is very knowledgeable with helping nurses that have difficult clients.
Company has created a stress free enviornment
Account Manager - Hospice Care (Current Employee) –  Lombard, IllJuly 21, 2016
Compassionate Care puts patients first, as it should be! They pay a terrific salary and are employee focused. Could improve on employee benefits. Due to the changes in the hospice care industry stability has become an issue for all free standing providers.
Pros
Terrific salary
Cons
Due to changes in the hospice care industry stability is an issue for all free standing providers
Great workplace
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 18, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about the team at CCH of savannah. Management organized most of the time. Regular emails kept everyone up to date with people in the office and people who were out in the field.
Pros
Great team, everyone is compassionate
Cons
No benefits for per diem ie. Paid holidays
Management not honest with employees
RN (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 15, 2016
Compassus purchased the hospice company I worked for. Initially, they told us how great they were, how nothing but the name was going to change. "No big changes," they said. Welllll, fast forward two months and 35% of the staff was getting laid off. RN caseloads are 16 patients. Services to patients are drastically cut. Clearly this company is ALL about the bottom line. To top it off, the severance package they promised verbally was not what they delivered when the day came. Consequently, people who had accepted voluntary layoff thinking they were getting a decent severance package got a rather puny severance -- complete with requirement to sign an agreement to NEVER badmouth the company to actually get the severance payment.
Pros
Great coworkers, knowledgeable and dedicated
Cons
The bottom line is what is most important
Wonderful Team
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 14, 2016
I have only worked for compassionate care for a short period of time, but I have enjoyed my team. Looking for different opportunity at this time.
RN case manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 12, 2016
Macon/Warner robins office has a horrible management. They lie to staff and the patients. The director tells you one thing and does something different. The pay was really good but over all the job was caotic and demanding. If you were not part of the in group then you got the bad jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management does not treat the staff or patients nicely
Fun workplace
Volunteer/ Internship (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2016
My Internship Coordinator was really helpful. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. However, Organization only accept students as a volunteers. If anyone Interested becoming part of the team, you may not be qualified.
Pros
short break
Cons
lot of paperworks
focus has changed
clinical director (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 1, 2016
As a former manager for this company, my perspective is different. Two years ago the care was centered on the patient. It has now become a culture of fear and lack of support. Very little training for new managers and a feeling of isolation. Directors are not given the support they need and are victims of knee jerk reactions from upper management. The nurses quickly become burned out and frustrated due to the workload they are asked to do. I learned alot and learned from my mistakes. The hardest part was watching the unsuccessful receive more support than the successful.
Pros
quality CNA, RN, and SW staff
Cons
lack of support and training
Hospice Nurse
On call runner (Former Employee) –  Westhampton, NJJune 30, 2016
Admissions, pronouncements, assessments, prioritizing, dealing with emergent situations with grieving family members.
Pros
Enjoy helping the terminally ill and their friends and family through the dying process.
Hospice RN
Registered Nurse-Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMay 23, 2016
Please see previous submission. This came up twice. I enjoy caring for elderly people and assisting them in their time of need.
Pros
caring for the elderly
Cons
watching people die that you cared about

2.9