Compassionate Home Care Employee Reviews

relaxed
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 12, 2017
I love working for this company! The management is great and easy to get along with. I love that I don't have to work on weekends.
poor place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 16, 2017
Very unorganized, would double staff clients and residents, would not answer their phones when you had a problem, very little pay and very little hours
they work around your needs
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 12, 2017
this company is good to work for if our young and have extra income. pay isn't so great. but employees are nice.. not really any room for advancements
Pros
you pretty much chose your schdule
Cons
dont always get your hours and pay isnt that great
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 28, 2017
I like them, they were very helpful with the clients as well with the employees. Always understood when someone had an emergency, regular meeting always tried to protect our rights as employees
Pros
On call number was always available
People are great to work with, they are very professional.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  CTMay 11, 2017
Great people to work with, they are very professional. They will train you if you are not familiar with the skills, they are very much in dept of the service they render to all of their clients. Managers , nurses and Home health aides are very professionals, they know their jobs very well. They are reliable too.
A bit challenging
Housekeeping/Nanny (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 6, 2017
I have being working here for 3 plus years and it was a very great experience. My major challenges was being up every time a patients calls me or begin coughing. But other from that it's a great agency to work with. I will recommend they raise there pay rates.
relaxing yet stressfull
Quality Assurance Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
8hrs job, 1hr lunch. flexible schedule. workplace is fun. co-workers are fun to work with. needs more work with communications. too much work on the table for one person.
Pros
1 hr lunch, flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, low compensation.
Nice work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2016
when i come into the client home i give them a bath i cooked them something to eat. I then clean the house or any other things i have to do.
Cna
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCOctober 30, 2016
The patients I had here were so awesome. They were the sweetest patients you could ever work with. Co- workers were always nice and helpful when you needed it.
Decent place
CNA (Former Employee) –  winchester, vaOctober 7, 2015
The work is very easy. Typical day consists of 2 clients, this is an in home care company. Clients vary to what type of help they need. The clients are amazingly sweet, however the management is very strict and doesn't seem willing to help with problems.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benegits

Want to know more about Compassionate Home Care?

Ask a question
Productive place to work
Health Care Coordinator/ Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
I would recommend this place to work in the future to others. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day. Always , a different clients in the field
Many windows of opportunity to grow
Data Entry/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 24, 2015
Co-workers are very helpful and easy to get along.
Management is very understanding and gives you flexibility accordinging to your personal schedule.
Positive workplace , having sympathy for my sick aids patient.
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 10, 2015
I love the healthcare field, it could be challenging at some points. But I truly have a compassion for helping, and caring for the sickly people. I am here to change people lives, and to show them there are no differently from others
Exellent
HHA (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 8, 2015
It is a good job, is my very first job as HHA, the company give me my very first training and job opportunity, THEY ARE AWESOME* Management is good and the few co-workers that I have met are now my friends. The harder part of this job is that it is 7 days a week. The most enjoyable is that you can make your own schedule base on the client's necessities.
Pros
Good pay*
Cons
No vacation*
Provided great learning opportunities and on the job training
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MiJanuary 7, 2015
It was a pleasure to be involved in my patient's care beginning with initial visit to discharge. Providing patient education to the entire family provided me with a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction for the entire process.
Pros
Patient population
good productive job
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Personal Companion (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia P.AAugust 20, 2014
a day at work is good and I can work co-operate with co-workers. I have learned that working as a team can accomplish lots of stuff in a job facility and to me there is no hard part of work u just have to put in effort
I love coming to work with this client
CNA (Current Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZMay 3, 2014
sponge baths, get meds for him, grocery shop when needed, help him shave, change clothes, change depends when needed,order his food from the cafeteria where he lives and help him feed himself and turn him q 2 hours and keep him company.
It is a Home Care Agency. They send you on cases, be it, private or nursing homes, hospitals or assisted livings. Aiding them with care.
Nursing Assistant/Med-Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day at work would incorporate, my greetings to client or clients. The washing of my hands and preparing and charting of medications. Then, i would pass out meds, go and prepare breakfast. Once that was done, I would go and ensure clients are good in regards toileting and freshening up. I would then serve breakfast then, provide bed baths or showers. Dressing & grooming was then assisted with and transfers, when needed. Activities would be provided to client/clients. (cards, reading of books, music, throwing or kicking of the ball or movies). Then, lunch was prepared & served, companionship then naps if requested. last but not least, dinner & snacks were served and clients were freshened up and prepared for bed.
Pros
I had an opportunity to meet new people as well as, gain additional experience.
Cons
My checks after working long hours, would bounce occasionally. That was not good. So, I had to quit.
Always rewarded for working hard.
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Arden NCJanuary 20, 2014
I learned to take care of special needs children while working here. The best part about in home care is the one on one you get with the patient. It was a very rewarding job.
The office staff were great
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Kingston, PAJuly 15, 2013
I found this to be a good company to work for however there was no communication or direction from corporate . They had no idea about home care and therefor were forced to close the local office. However they did keep the license and use the Hospice office to function behind the scene as home care
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No communication with corporate office