Compassus Employee Reviews

Coordination of volunteers for hospice patients and community events
Coordinator of Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 31, 2017
Having the privilege of working with people who have a sense of compassion for the terminally ill and treating them and their families with the respect that they deserve. Management was always accommodating. At the end of the day no matter how stressful it may have been, knowing that making a difference in someone's life is worthwhile.
Pros
Ability to educate those in our community about Hospice
Hospice Compassus. Yeah, right ! Sure !...compassion ?... NOT
Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2017
LOUSY Corporate "management". NO loyalty to hard-working employees. Clinical Director was a great but worked to death. Exec. Director worked.diligently for 3 years and was fired without warning. Secretary and Social worker "plotted" against Chaplain. SAD case of Prejudice/ Discrimination. TOXIC workplace. TOXIC Company. No REAL caring @ patients OR employees. Almighty $ the Bottom Line.
DON'T ACCEPT THEIR COLOSSAL BS ! Apply ANYWHERE else.
Pros
Hard working employees providing best care under toxic conditions.
Cons
Everything else.
Great team, lack of job security
Hospice Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZAugust 26, 2017
A great team to work with. The job is fast paced, requires great flexibility, and ability to manage patient load. The most difficult part of the job is that my hours were cut from full-time to part-time because of insufficient patient census.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of job security
Good Work Environment
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAAugust 18, 2017
I went into the job knowing nothing about it, and came out with more skills to use in future jobs. Management needs adjustment though. Otherwise, it was a pretty good work environment, even with all the company changes going on.
Largely enjoyable, but ineffectively and inefficiently managed
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with my colleagues at Compassus during my time of employment there. The work was also quite enjoyable until it was determined that growth required additional support personnel and, instead of hiring additional people, many of the responsibilities of the support group were outsourced.
Cons
Out of state management team
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 6, 2017
Management has no understanding of local culture. Management has little interest, if any at all, of the concerns of the employee. Management has little interest in their employees.
Pros
Cons
to many ot list
Productive and entertaining
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 5, 2017
As an intern, I love everyone I meet. Everyday is different, because I don't do the same thing over and over again. Luckily, with this internship I have been given the opportunity to see all aspects of this company. I really enjoy spending time with the patients, during my visits.
I love helping others
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 9, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting someone with the understanding needed to get them or their loved one through a difficult day. Its hard to watch a loved one slip away before your eyes but when you show them the love and understanding needed at that moment it gives them a sense of comfort to let them know everything will be ok.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
low census
Too focused on quantity and not quality
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 2, 2017
As a "leader" I had no decision making power. Regional supervisors know nothing about the states they oversee! They grew too big too fast and have lost the entire mission of the company. I am very disappointed in what the company is now compared to what it once was.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Benefits, regional/corporate leaders
Overworked, overwhelmed and undermanaged.
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNJune 29, 2017
Patients don't get seen, supplies needs aren't met. Management is extremely poor. Lazy workers get away with fudging hours and lazy while others pick up slack working endless hours with no breaks or lunches.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Nice on the surface...
Hospice Clinician (Current Employee) –  New EnglandJune 27, 2017
Nice use of marketing and catch phrases. Corporate style promotes lack of communication and vague follow-through when it comes to employee related matters. Meaningful continuing education and employee development is virtually unheard of. Monthly inservices are designed to fulfill regulation requirements with minimal effort. Compassus is for profit. Business comes before patient needs.
Pros
Great coworkers, wonderful patients and families
Cons
Poor communication from Management, focus on reimbursement over patients and staff development
It's a job
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2017
It's a job, would not work there again. Poor work life balance, overworked nurses, management not supportive. Frequent on call and call offs. Poor workplace morale.
Pros
Cons
numerous
Likely the worst company I have ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New HampshireMay 16, 2017
I have not had to many jobs but hands down this was the worst company I have ever worked for. There is little oversight from corporate on work culture in local offices. The transfer of stress from management to workers is terrible. Everyone blames other people for their problems without any effort of building a team. Poor hospice care due to poor colleague care.
Productive and fun work environment
IT Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 16, 2017
Productive and fun work environment. There is much room for growth in every avenue and department. Great leadership and support. Very fast paced work culture.
Patients get great care, but nurses get burned out
RN (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 11, 2017
Good company overall, however nurses work a lot of overtime. Most staff feel overworked. Don't feel like upper management hear your concerns. Poor communication overall. In general, a good work environment due to great coworkers and direct supervisors.
Pros
Great support from coworkers, great patient care
Cons
Horrible insurance, staff are overworked, dont feel like upper management hear your concerns
love this job''
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAMay 9, 2017
this company is a awesome company to work for they care for the patients and families..we go over and beyond to care for our patients..when you work for this company you meet a lot of wonderful people.
Pros
awesome company
Cons
so far so good
goood
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAApril 20, 2017
Be more equal and stop hiring friend, its great place to work, nurses are nice and friendly, good with the patients, the pay is not good, they do pay for miles
Its all about money
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 18, 2017
when it comes to patient care there are great nurses and cna's however corporate is all about the money. get in and get out don't spend too much time. I'm sorry if your loved one is dying I am going to take all the time you need to explain, help or just listen after all this is your loved one.
Great Place
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 4, 2017
Care about Team and ask about your well-being. They are business focused and driven by the numbers. Daily expectations for sales team is clearly communicated and at times feel pressured to deliver on the numbers. The company is honest, complaint and sincere about what they do. Leaders are often times direct.
Pros
Salary
Cons
very driven
Growing company
Applications Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 27, 2017
The role that I was hired for turned out to not be the one that I did on a daily basis. Having said that, I do think it is a great company to work for, and has a great culture.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Growing fast with growing pains