Compassus Employee Reviews

Hospice Care
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LA 70471February 4, 2017
Recertification of hospice patients to continue Hospice care.Collaborate with social workers, chaplain, and family to provide comfort care and support.
Worse place I ever worked.
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIFebruary 1, 2017
You can have no home life with this job. Poor management, no direction or education. Company is all about the bottom line. They do not care about the employees, they will run you into the ground and burn you out. Amount of call time is ridiculous. Management will not pitch in to help with anything, you are completely on your own. No support.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many to list
Newer/growing in-home hospice business
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 18, 2017
I spent my weeks caring for approximately 15-18 hospice patients. Depending on their acuity, I would visit each patient anywhere from once a week to every day. I learned extensively about end of life care and how crucial it is to make people comfortable during that time, physically, spiritually and emotionally. The best part of the job was seeing the peace and warmth that patients and their families experienced due to hospice care. The most difficult part of the job was having to visit patients in unsafe areas.
excellent office and company
RN (Current Employee) –  Orange, CTJanuary 13, 2017
The office is wonderful. Leadership is supportive and very hands on. One of the best Hospice companies there is. Very compliance focused. Staff is cohesive and work very well as a team. Most staff is tenured except new staff that is needed for growth
Pros
leadership and staff. very team oriented
Cons
insurance could be better other than that no cons at all
Excessive amounts of paperwork; poor management; money is the bottom line; unrealistic expextations
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LADecember 31, 2016
Although the pay and benefits are good with this company and the staff are sincere and professional, the expectations of nurse to patient daily visit ratios and paperwork is unrealistic. The only way to truly complete all that is required is to work off the clock or possibly drive-by 15 minute patient visits.
Patient care is not the primary focus, the "bottom line" is. Understaffing as well as poor, disorganized, and chaotic management has led to high nurse turnover rate and poor patient care. The pharmacy vendor they contract with is unprofessional, unreliable, and lacking, at best. Not only would I not recommended this job for any nurse that truly has a heart for hospice, I would not recommend patients/families to this organization for end of life care.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Unrealistic expectations; "bottom line" is focus; drive-by hospice care
Professional company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IADecember 28, 2016
Hardest part of job is winter driving! Most enjoyable part of job is providing the hospice nursing I love! Co-workers are respectful, compassionate, and flexible.
Pros
no time clocks-individual scheduling
Cons
a lot of driving at times
Fun and fast paced environment.
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  MSDecember 20, 2016
Fun and fast paced environment. I learned new and unique management skills. Good support from upper management team. overall a very good company and work environment.
Long drive long hours
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  MissouriDecember 20, 2016
One week you can have 19 clients then the next 8. Long drives and they do not pay for maintenance on your vehicles. You have no margin for any errors. You work solo. You go in peoples homes and facilities. Need help don't ask you not get it from your fellow staff.
Terrible place to work.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVDecember 13, 2016
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians! Upper management lacks compassion. Poor leadership. They make promises then can't come through. The team is not cohesive. Call schedule is not divided equally.
Pros
The patients and families are wonderful.
Cons
Long days. Lots of call. No time off.
Fun place to work. Everyone has a great attitude.
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Branch MichiganDecember 7, 2016
Start out at the office. Hand in time sheet. Pick up supplies if needed. My co-workers and management team are a great group of people. Everyone is willing to help each other out.
Pros
Being able to manage own time.
Cons
Sometimes you don't get lunches. I always brown bag it.
The worst hospice in Albuquerque
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2016
The organization is solely focused on admitting patients but not providing the clinical staff with the resources to help patients. While the pay is good, the long hours and no support from leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Benefits, hours, leadership
Great place to work and great people to work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 16, 2016
Compasses is a great company I really enjoyed my time there wish I was still in town because I really never worked anywhere that could be greater I even enjoyed the company of the seniors being around then reminded me of my mom and dad really gonna miss them
Pros
Great people
Cons
N/A
Former Employee
Just another employee (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 15, 2016
Horrible place to work. Co-workers lie to your face. Timesheets are joke. Upper management is blind to long term nurses whose only benefit is the length of time that they remained at the company. If you want to see a dog and pony show this is the place to be. BEWARE!!!
Pros
My last day of work
Cons
STAFF!!
Run and Run Fast
LNA (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHOctober 8, 2016
This place is a disgrace. Management is terrible. They often threaten their employees. Dont care at all for their patients or their families. Its all about the numbers. Cant tell you how bad management is. They promise the world and dont come thru. I worked in Bedford, NH office and the staff changed often and so did the company. Three times in one year. They dont deserve any stars. Please stay away. Much better care out there.
Pros
The Patientd
tullahoma management leaves alot to be desired
rncm (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 6, 2016
Only lasted 3 months before the DCS had me running for the door. I think this is a company that wants to be the best, but tullahoma has a problem with keeping people because of
management. Every employee of this office suffers from the current DCS, but will not say anything because they don't want to loose their job. I personally, won't be abused, so off I went. I actually loved the job, but mgmt. made it impossible.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
overworked, continual staff turnover
Mid to upper management was poor.
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 3, 2016
We had great team and work environment was great, but we didn't make enough money for the corporate and our office was closed. No compassion and only looks at pt census and pushes for more pts when no other nurses are available. Administration and payroll are a joke and no communication between employees and administration. No appreciation for employees from corporate.
Not a good company
Exective Director (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 29, 2016
I applied for a job with this company. Was called by a recruiter about the position who left me a messesge to call her back. I called the next day got no answer an left a messesge. No call back called 2 more times got no answer. A week later I recieved a email which stated thanks for interviewing for the position but we have chosen another for the position. Well I never got a interview. Companies that use recruiters to fill important jobs need to be careful most or unqualified to recruit for upper management needless to say I won't apply with this company again. Not a good experience.
Pros
Cons
Unperfessional recruiters
Great Company to work for with excellent benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 20, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Comapssus. Our Director is an excellent leader. A hospice company that excels in caring for our patients! Our nurses and aides are phenomenal!
friendly helpful coworkers
Hospice Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNSeptember 6, 2016
great co-workers,losing patients was of coarse hardest part of job family and patient support best part of job. management to caught up with their lives and how good they looked to provide good management and always late for work hard to get in touch with.
Pros
family and patient support very rewarding
Cons
poor management
Look elsewhere to work or volunteer within hospice
Staff (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTAugust 6, 2016
Compassus Orange is one of the most unorganized and horrible offices to work for. People are fired everyday for no particular reason other than the ED has a huge ego. They are under state investigation AGAIN, we were told to lie and cover up and forge signatures and dates to make them look good so that they didn't close up down. The 3 top people there are very rude and mean to people and make it difficult to work. Doors are slammed, people are talked about and laughing behind closed doors in the ED's office goes on all day with .
Compassus Orange can't keep patients because they are short staffed, disorganized, and the families move onto better agencies.
Pros
There are none

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compassus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9