Compel Fitness Employee Reviews

Great company, embodies teamwork and a passion for fitness.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 14, 2016
A great company to work at, even better if you have a passion for fitness. Company with good pay along with performance based incentives. You really get out of it what you put in, and to make it even better you get to help change lives while doing it. The company does a great job of training to ensure quality throughout. This company is a good step in the right direction for the fitness industry whether you are a trainer, coach, salesman or all the above!
Pros
Performance Incentives, Work in Gym
Cons
No Benefits
By far the best company, and fitness company I have worked for.
Sr. Training Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 13, 2016
From day one the opportunity for advancement was made very clear to me, and was advertised as being around the corner. The faster I could prove myself, and then replicate myself, the faster upward mobility was possible. I can say for the first time I have a job, and a career, where I enjoy the people I work with as much as what I do. It's most definitely a grind, working split shifts, but that will happen in any workplace in the fitness industry. We need to be at work when other people aren't. The culture here is that of success and self-responsibility. With that being said you are never left on your own, with help and advice coming from colleagues, your direct supervisor, the VP, and even the owner helps build your success. It is a first name company where everyone is respected and you most definitely get what you give.

I gave work/life balance a 4 star but again that is a part of self responsibility that we live by here, meaning that you need to work as hard as you can and as you should while here, so when you leave you can check out and enjoy your personal life.

Again, working here is fun and Compel is a supportive company, but you get what you give. You will have conference calls, work late nights, and occasionally need to work on a day you would otherwise have off. But that is part of success and making the money you want to make.

From day one this has been a phenomenal company to work for, and I am eager to continue my career and growth with Compel Fitness.
Pros
Work in a gym so I never miss a workout.
Cons
no benefits
Great environment to work!! Especially if your passion is Fitness:
Senior Training Director (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 13, 2016
If your passionate about fitness and a hard worker you will do well. This is a performance based job. Senior management provides you with the tools needed to succeed and make the money you want to make. Your earning potential is exceptional! Also the flexibility of the schedule is great.
Pros
Great Incentives & Flexible Hours
Cons
Gym should be open 24 Hours
ok place to start
Director of Sales/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 11, 2015
Don't expect to much out of the company. If your looking for a place to get your feet wet you could start here. I will not talk bad about a company. I really don't have much to say if you catch my drift.
Pros
Training is a lot of fun
Cons
Wait and see
Just a terrible place to work for Personal Training
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 2, 2015
The pay is cheap, you'll get sold on a full book of clients that will never arrive, they expect a lot for not enough in return.
Training director is difficult to reach via contact.

Don't work with this company at all for any reason!!!!
Pros
No Work Schedule
Cons
Lack of Pay, Not enough clients, Poor Overall
Love the clientele
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIMarch 7, 2015
I couldn't ask for a better group of people to train. Everyone has different goals to keep me busy. I have to work a split schedule which is not ideal for me. The gym itself is an ideal place to get your needs but there is not much equipment for personal training. I have to bring my own equipment if I want to keep a variety in my training.
Pros
make my own schedule, only female trainer
Cons
split schedule, low pay
Did not like this company
Freelance Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham WAFebruary 10, 2015
I did not appreciate this company, they were not helpful to the clients as well as their employees. The way was not that great
joke.
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  PANovember 19, 2014
to the next sorry sucker who works here...you will know what i'm talking about.
horrible company do not work here, rips off trainers paying them less than 20 percent commission, micromanages, extremely unorganized, too many trainers not enough clients, wasn't allowed out on the floor talking to members, treated like dirt, did not care about employees well being, turnover rate was high
Cons
above
Compel Fitness
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2014
New Company but needs to look out for the employee rather than making a profit. High turnover rate in all positions. Trainers last roughly 5 months, Training directors last about 6-7 months. No room for advancement.
Pros
no sales required by trainers, make own schedule
Cons
pay scale, if fitness directors don't sell training then trainers dont get new clients
a
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 11, 2014
Gave me my first position out of college, thankful for the opportunity.
Top company for personal tarining and fitness employees.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2013
This company allows all employees to polish their skills. Everything from sales, to fitness program, and customer service is top notch. The development every employee gets from day one is clear and extremely valuable as their career moves on with the company. Growth opportunity is available for anyone who shows excitement and will to push their own limits, The involvement of senior management and even the owner of the company is incredible. Everyone shows a united front and because of this Compel Fitness is one of the top Personal Training companies in the country.
UNLIMITED INCOME! AWESOME ATMOSPHERE! GREAT COMPANY!
Senior Training Director (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VirginiaJune 4, 2013
I have been in the fitness industry since I was 19 years old and I have made more money at Compel in the last 3 months then I made in 8 mo's at other companies working just as hard and staying just as consistent. It's the real deal, meaning that you work but you also get PAID for your efforts. If you are a go-getter and love fitness and have a competitive spirit you will have a blast at work everyday and make money, no question! Keep in mind that most of the negative reviews are from lazy people who don't want to put in any effort and expect to be paid to stand around and be what they're good at-- LAZY! Also, we get paid bonus at this company and they actually give it to you!!!!!

I do need insurance but the positives out weight the negatives by a long shot! Insurance is coming and Compel is growing rapidly, get in before it's too late!!
Pros
fun environment, great people, you can work out on your break, very flexible and you get to help people everyday!
Cons
no insurance..... yet - i have faith!
Long hours but limitless income potential
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 15, 2013
Great group of people to work with...motivated and very honest. If you're willing to work 50+ hours per week, and buy in to the company culture, the sky is the limit. I've been with the company 5 years and have made significantly more each year than the previous year. Compel also provides as much training and support as any company I've ever worked with.
Pros
limitless earning potential
Cons
50 hour workweeks (not too bad when you enjoy what you do though)
Fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 1, 2012
Everyone that I work with is compassionate about health and fitness, and as an Exercise Science professional, I value that in my co-workers and company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits (health, dental, etc)
Fun place to work inside Golds Gym
Training Director (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 2, 2012
It was nice working with freindly people. Learned alot about the psychology of sales here. The hardest part was trying to sell packages of training to people with no credit as we don't sell month to month.
Pros
could use the gym daily
Cons
no benefits, commision based. required to work long hours for low base.