Compel Fitness Employee Reviews

Best Job I Have Ever Had
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work, all my coworkers are very helpful, amazing pay, and just overall a great work environment. I have learned a lot since starting this job. There is also room for growth in the company.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Coworkers
Cons
No Cons For Me
You are able to manage, create, and build a gym community that begins with voicing the knowledge of health and fitness along with providing the servic
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Having a passion for health and fitness is the number one thing you have to have in order to be successful at this job. Being able to approach, assist, and willingly share this love with the memebers is just the beginning. Yes, this job includes selling personal training but if you truly believe in strengthig the body and providing nutrition/life tips that these members can take with them forever, then you will never feel as if you are selling training. Peronsality and a caring attitude is what starts you off and if you are willing to grow and learn about the sales process, you will become successful at this job.
Pros
If learning and growing as a person is something that interests you, then being a part of this team is where you want to be, Between book calls, constant conference calls, role playing and immediate contact of all teammates, you will be 100% growing the entire process, You are able to see members reach goals, we are able to help everyone we get to sit with, and spread the love we all have for fitness and health
Cons
Some days can be long if you have a full schedule and more, but if you enjoy helping people, teaching people how to take care of their body, and have an over all love for health and fitness, you will never feel like you work a day in your life
An intense but encouraging place to grow your career
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and is a fast pace work environment. Your knowledge base of the job changes and grows every day. The management that leads and grows this company is fantastic. They are all very willing to help you grow into the job and encourage you as a person. I feel valued as an employee and that I can go to my supervisors with anything at any time. For me, the hardest part of the job is trying to continue to learn as much as possible while also getting the "nitty-gritty" of the job down solid. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sitting with facility patrons and getting to talk health and fitness with them and learn more about them.
Pros
Lots of job training, willingness of supervisors to help, positive work environment
Cons
Long days (at times), job takes time to learn and get down solid
unpleasant
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2016
time consuming, only paid per session and only if client shows up, you will end up doing a lot of work for the company for no compensation.
Pros
no difficulty getting to the gym
Cons
no benefits, little to no pay
Amazing Company with Strong Core Values and Growth Potential
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 7, 2016
This company goes above and beyond to make you feel like part of the team as soon as you are hired. I went from a part time trainer position to a District Manager in a short period of time so needless to say if you are a hard worker there is amazing growth potential. It is great to wrk for a company that truly appreciates the hard work that the employees put in. be prepard to work hard, have a great time, and change lives!
Extraordinary Leadership
Training Director (Current Employee) –  HarrisburgDecember 6, 2016
Very easy going day. Interaction with members helping them see the importance of having a professional helping them reach their fitness goals.

Management and owners are amazing. They really pore into you as employees, putting us through amazing training. Making sure we have all the tools to be successful at what we are hired to do.

The Co-workers are great, they are more like a family rather than a co-workers.
Pros
Split Shift which allows me time to go home and see my family during the day.
Amazing place to work at!!
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 1, 2016
I'm a Training Director currently and I love it. It's an extremely positive environment, filled with amazing co-workers. You get to meet a ton of people and help them reach their goals.
Pros
Free gym membership and stress free environment.
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Training DirectorOctober 7, 2016
Good job especially if you have a passion for fitness and more importantly helping others reach their goals. Hours are flexible and leave you with plenty of time for day-to-day duties
Training Director
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2016
This position really teaches you how to really take on a role of leadership. The work environment is always friendly , and the team of trainers here are awesome at keeping our clients motivated to come back for future sessions.
Pros
comission, hours, enviornement, company calls, constant guidence on improvemnt and work ethic
Cons
class times can slow down traffic for classes being filled.
Personal trianing
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAOctober 7, 2016
If you like getting people off there butts and on there feet then this is the job for you. Being a personal trainer is rewarding within it self, but doing it for compel fitness is a bonus. With a great atmosphere, and nice and pleasant attitudes you cant go wrong. The management here is outstanding as well, we are a family and openly discuss issue to come to quick solutions. The hardest part of the job are those tough goals that people set, but with your help and patience it all comes together. There is nothing better than seeing that client happy with his or her results after all the hard work is said and done. Come join our team!
Pros
Great atmosphere, create your own schedule, wonderful people
Cons
constactly moving, on your feet long periods
Wonderful platform to make a difference in peoples lives and yours as well
Senior Training Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2016
I have been with Compel for over 2 years now. In my time here I have been able to help countless people of all ages to improve their lifestyle through health and Fitness. To be able to work in a fun, fast paced, environment along with an unbelievable staff who share the same common goal is phenomenal!

To anyone reading this who wants to improve the quality of life for everyone including themselves, then Compel Fitness is definitely worth the effort!
Great place too work
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 7, 2016
I have been with this company for over two year now and had never has a problem that was not solved my the end of that day so u do the math.....................................................................
Pros
All a and b from me
Cons
N/A
Head Coach
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 7, 2016
Work begins at 9am-12 noon then 4pm-8pm, the day is broken down into one hour sections with clients with a 4 hour break in the middle of the day for free time. The management is ever changing because of the growth that is trying to happen. Co-workers are encouraging and want the best of you. The hardest part of the job is hours and days. It does not leave much time for social life. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are changing someone's life every day.
Pros
Good work envirnment
Cons
Weird break in the middle of the day
Growth and development
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 7, 2016
Compel offers a great opportunity for growth as well as the ability to earn money as there is no limit to how much money you can make.
Pros
Opportunities for Growth
Cons
No Healthcare
Review
Training director (Former Employee) –  MidlothjaOctober 7, 2016
Compel fitness is a great place to start, it is an avenue for personal development, and physical development. Great staff and culture and constantly expanding
Pros
Attire, atmosphere, Advancement, commission
Cons
Benefits, hours
Very enjoyable workplace
NCCPT Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 7, 2016
I have had a tremendous experience with Compel Fitness as a Personal Trainer. The only drawback I have with Personal Training is that there is not much room for advancement like there is from the Fitness Director position, but I was aware of this when accepting the job and it has not hindered my experience at all. I work at the Colonial Heights, VA location and I love it. We have great cohesion as a staff. Overall I am very pleased with Compel Fitness.
Pros
The directors get your clients for you as a trainer; fun workplace
Cons
Split shift; mandatory work on weekends; no advancement for personal trainers
Compel Fitness
Personal Trainer/Coach (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 6, 2016
I am excited to work for Compel Fitness. I get to help various clients to enhance function for activities of daily living, loose weight, muscular development, develop good movement patterns, and enhance cardio fitness to increase heart health, The most important component of my job is to create positive experiences and positive behavior patterns.
"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united. " by Wilhelm von Humboldt
fun and enjoyable career opportunity
Trainer/Coach (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2016
If you are the type of person who cares about helping people improve their life then this is a great way to do it. You essentially create your own work schedule so the flexibility is superb but you need to be there at peak hours to make the biggest impact on your wallet. The compensation package for trainers could definitely use some improvement but all in all it's workable if you are willing to put forth the effort and the low stress fun atmosphere makes it worth it. Like anything else in life you'll get out of it what you put into it and this can be a very rewarding career path.
Pros
low stress, personally rewarding, fun atmosphere
Cons
compensation package could use improvement
fun work eniviroment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAOctober 6, 2016
Working for compel fitness is an amazing experience. the best part about the job is helping client achieve their goals and have a healthier lifestyle. The people I work with are like a family. It is a drama free work place as well. the typical work day is clients in the morning, the afternoon off and clients in the evening hours.
Pros
Free gym membership, discount on drinks/clothing and the ablilty to set your own schedule
Compel fitness
0 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2016
A great company to work for, with room to grow and management who show you your true potential. Always room to better yourself and skill set. Also helping people accomplish their goals for a living is a great feeling.
Pros
Work at a gym, friendly staff, easy schedule
Cons
healthcare, customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compel Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2