Compel Fitness Employee Reviews

Enjoyable, fun, team oriented
Training director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2017
Compel is a great company to work for. There’s a great training regimen place they teach you exactly how to do the job and a step by step way to be successful at it. Huge room for growth with the company too. It’s extremely team oriented everyone is always helping and willing to help each other out unlike other similar companies I’ve worked for. After reading some of these reviews it seems like the people writing negative reviews weren’t goal oriented, driven or motivated
Pros
Atmosphere
Sell sell sell
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDAugust 30, 2017
Compel is a cut throat sales company, nothing really matters but making sales. The training is sub par and customer service isn't always the best. Training is affordable though.
Pros
Pay checks can be pretty hefty
Cons
Have to be good at sales to be successful
If you want to be stressed out work for Compel
Training Director (Former Employee) –  Marley stationAugust 1, 2017
I was a training director with Compel for about 6 weeks before being fired. When they say you have 2 payroll periods they mean it. I was penalized for working 3 days and not generating $10000. I thought I was in training and was not allowed on the sales floor at all. I sat and watched training videos and tried to memorize a 3 page script verbatim. Then there was a series of write ups over innocent mistakes. I was written up for being 15 mins late during week number 2 but than I was written up the next week for not memorizing the script in a timely fashion. Keep in mind the manager was on vacation and the person left to train me was only there for 3 months himself but because he was selling I guess they felt this person was qualified to train new staff. In a nut shell they already had a buddy system in place that I was not apart of. They made sure they made their goals buy splitting sales with each other even when the other person was not there. I was not allowed access to new members and was told to only call old members from months prior and walk the floor to get appointments. This would have been fine if I wasn't July and during the day there may have been 15 people in the gym and they all had had orientations before or were not interested. There is no job security and the turn over rate is ridiculously high. They promise you will make a lot of money but they don't explain in detail what that comes with.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
Long hours, not so great management
Great environment, great management; the company has genuine interest in changing lives
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2017
As soon as I began training I instantly experienced the positive and encouraging environment that this company has established. You can tell that both the trainers and training directors have genuine interests in helping individuals develop a healthier and happier lifestyle.

As a trainer, you and only you are responsible for a client's exercise plan, which gives you full freedom to train each client however you choose. Because of this I am constantly learning different workout styles and both sharing and gaining knowledge with the other trainers. You are also able to create your own schedule, so you have complete flexibility of when you want to work.

The only negative is that you don't receive benefits such as healthcare, retirement, etc, however many or most training jobs do not offer these either.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, management, positive and encouraging environment
Cons
Doesnt have full benefits
Worst place I've ever worked
Fitness Director (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDMay 2, 2017
Work here if you don't plan on having a life outside of work...
I absolutely hated working here and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
I was extremely stressed out the entire time that worked here.
You have to sell personal training packages and assign the clients to trainers that you don't even know.
Cons
long hours, no benefits
Great enviroment, fun and challenging with plenty of room to grow!
Senior Training Director (Current Employee) –  Manchester, PAApril 4, 2017
The financial reward can be awesome! It's production based so you control your paycheck. The management always provides ample support and training.

It's a great enviroment to learn and grow. The job is rewarding and challenging. It's a fun, helpful, and fast paced enviroment! The bonus and commission structure is very attractive as well
Pros
Potential to earn large commission and bonuses, Ample training and support, Flexiable mangement
Cons
There is a hearty amount of hours required for the position, There is only 1 day off (Sunday) per week
Best Job I Have Ever Had
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work, all my coworkers are very helpful, amazing pay, and just overall a great work environment. I have learned a lot since starting this job. There is also room for growth in the company.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Coworkers
Cons
No Cons For Me
You are able to manage, create, and build a gym community that begins with voicing the knowledge of health and fitness along with providing the servic
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Having a passion for health and fitness is the number one thing you have to have in order to be successful at this job. Being able to approach, assist, and willingly share this love with the memebers is just the beginning. Yes, this job includes selling personal training but if you truly believe in strengthig the body and providing nutrition/life tips that these members can take with them forever, then you will never feel as if you are selling training. Peronsality and a caring attitude is what starts you off and if you are willing to grow and learn about the sales process, you will become successful at this job.
Pros
If learning and growing as a person is something that interests you, then being a part of this team is where you want to be, Between book calls, constant conference calls, role playing and immediate contact of all teammates, you will be 100% growing the entire process, You are able to see members reach goals, we are able to help everyone we get to sit with, and spread the love we all have for fitness and health
Cons
Some days can be long if you have a full schedule and more, but if you enjoy helping people, teaching people how to take care of their body, and have an over all love for health and fitness, you will never feel like you work a day in your life
An intense but encouraging place to grow your career
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 17, 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and is a fast pace work environment. Your knowledge base of the job changes and grows every day. The management that leads and grows this company is fantastic. They are all very willing to help you grow into the job and encourage you as a person. I feel valued as an employee and that I can go to my supervisors with anything at any time. For me, the hardest part of the job is trying to continue to learn as much as possible while also getting the "nitty-gritty" of the job down solid. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is sitting with facility patrons and getting to talk health and fitness with them and learn more about them.
Pros
Lots of job training, willingness of supervisors to help, positive work environment
Cons
Long days (at times), job takes time to learn and get down solid
unpleasant
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2016
time consuming, only paid per session and only if client shows up, you will end up doing a lot of work for the company for no compensation.
Pros
no difficulty getting to the gym
Cons
no benefits, little to no pay
Amazing Company with Strong Core Values and Growth Potential
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 7, 2016
This company goes above and beyond to make you feel like part of the team as soon as you are hired. I went from a part time trainer position to a District Manager in a short period of time so needless to say if you are a hard worker there is amazing growth potential. It is great to wrk for a company that truly appreciates the hard work that the employees put in. be prepard to work hard, have a great time, and change lives!
Extraordinary Leadership
Training Director (Current Employee) –  HarrisburgDecember 6, 2016
Very easy going day. Interaction with members helping them see the importance of having a professional helping them reach their fitness goals.

Management and owners are amazing. They really pore into you as employees, putting us through amazing training. Making sure we have all the tools to be successful at what we are hired to do.

The Co-workers are great, they are more like a family rather than a co-workers.
Pros
Split Shift which allows me time to go home and see my family during the day.
Amazing place to work at!!
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 1, 2016
I'm a Training Director currently and I love it. It's an extremely positive environment, filled with amazing co-workers. You get to meet a ton of people and help them reach their goals.
Pros
Free gym membership and stress free environment.
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Training DirectorOctober 7, 2016
Good job especially if you have a passion for fitness and more importantly helping others reach their goals. Hours are flexible and leave you with plenty of time for day-to-day duties
Training Director
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2016
This position really teaches you how to really take on a role of leadership. The work environment is always friendly , and the team of trainers here are awesome at keeping our clients motivated to come back for future sessions.
Pros
comission, hours, enviornement, company calls, constant guidence on improvemnt and work ethic
Cons
class times can slow down traffic for classes being filled.
Personal trianing
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAOctober 7, 2016
If you like getting people off there butts and on there feet then this is the job for you. Being a personal trainer is rewarding within it self, but doing it for compel fitness is a bonus. With a great atmosphere, and nice and pleasant attitudes you cant go wrong. The management here is outstanding as well, we are a family and openly discuss issue to come to quick solutions. The hardest part of the job are those tough goals that people set, but with your help and patience it all comes together. There is nothing better than seeing that client happy with his or her results after all the hard work is said and done. Come join our team!
Pros
Great atmosphere, create your own schedule, wonderful people
Cons
constactly moving, on your feet long periods
Wonderful platform to make a difference in peoples lives and yours as well
Senior Training Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2016
I have been with Compel for over 2 years now. In my time here I have been able to help countless people of all ages to improve their lifestyle through health and Fitness. To be able to work in a fun, fast paced, environment along with an unbelievable staff who share the same common goal is phenomenal!

To anyone reading this who wants to improve the quality of life for everyone including themselves, then Compel Fitness is definitely worth the effort!
Great place too work
Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDOctober 7, 2016
I have been with this company for over two year now and had never has a problem that was not solved my the end of that day so u do the math.....................................................................
Pros
All a and b from me
Cons
N/a
Head Coach
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAOctober 7, 2016
Work begins at 9am-12 noon then 4pm-8pm, the day is broken down into one hour sections with clients with a 4 hour break in the middle of the day for free time. The management is ever changing because of the growth that is trying to happen. Co-workers are encouraging and want the best of you. The hardest part of the job is hours and days. It does not leave much time for social life. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are changing someone's life every day.
Pros
Good work envirnment
Cons
Weird break in the middle of the day
Growth and development
Personal Training Director (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 7, 2016
Compel offers a great opportunity for growth as well as the ability to earn money as there is no limit to how much money you can make.
Pros
Opportunities for Growth
Cons
No Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compel Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.