Competitive Edge Staffing Solutions – Dunwoody, GA (Position in Mableton, GA)
We are currently recruiting for experienced, friendly, and courteous back-office Dental Assistants for offices in the Mableton (south Cobb County) area. This is a PERMANENT position, not temp. MUST have at least 3 years of experience to qualify for these positions. Must possess strong knowledge and skill of clinical needs, and working knowledge of back office dental procedures and dental administrative functions.
- Minimum of 3 years of dental assisting experience required.
- Dental Assistant certification (CDA) required.
- Extensive knowledge of Open Dental, Dentrix, or other dental software required.
- Extensive knowledge of digital radiography required.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have extensive experience using both electronic and paper-based dental records.
- Must have extensive experience taking, developing, and mounting intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays.
- Must have extensive experience performing dental screenings.
- Current CPR / BLS certification required.
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant (EFDA) certification preferred.
- Radiography Certification preferred.
- Experience using other dental software packages, including CEREC, Eaglesoft, DentiMax, Dovetail, Curve Dental, Carestream Dental, Datacon, CAESY, Patterson Imaging, Schick, and Planmeca or other comparable packages preferred.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Recent HIPAA and OSHA training preferred.
- Front office experience, including greeting customers, answering phones, scheduling patients, billing and insurance verification, etc. preferred.
- Welcome and escort patient in reception to and from the treatment areas. Schedule appointments and assist in appointment confirmation calls.
- Prepare patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Assist dentist, set up equipment, prepare patient for treatment, and keep records.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Assist in clinical procedures and treatments.
- Maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Insure review and completion of documentation, including but not limited to: accurate and current medical history, medical alerts, signed Consent forms.
- Effectively present to patient in professional and confidential manner dental treatment plan and proposed plan for continuing treatments.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options to patients in non-clinical terms.
Indeed - 9 months ago