CompHealth Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work with
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 15, 2016
My recruiter has stayed in touch with me regularly, checking to see if there have been any issues arise, and intervening as needed, if anything had come up. They are a great company. The work load in my assignments, thus far, has been good, not too busy, but also not boring. The company managers intervene as needed with contracted companies.

The hardest part of being a locum tenens provider is getting accustomed to new places without the physical presence of at least one person you already know, but this is part of what makes it great, also. You get to interact with new people routinely, and hone your skills at making new friends and acquaintances.
The worst
Travel Pathologist's Assistant (Former Employee) –  odd siteAugust 16, 2016
They did not go above and beyond for their employees. They did not help out any way they can. This is one of my most hated companies to work for.
Good job
Locum Tenens Physician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2016
seeing lots of patients in a busy primary care setting, most patients are underserved and work in rural areas, it is a good place to work
Outstanding Culture that drives people to succeed
Medical Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2012
Overall an outstanding place to work. The health insurance is more expensive than I have paid while working for other companies of similar size. They truly want everyone to succeed since everyone is bonuses are based on the performance of their individual teams. Because of the this the management staff is invested in each persons success.
Pros
leadership values the contributions of each person, there is a great deal of praise for a job well done.
Cons
health insurance is a little expensive
Productive and fun workplace with a great culture
Licensing Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  6440 S Millrock DriveJune 9, 2015
Comphealth was a great place to work. they provided a great culture, and a great work life balance. The management was amazing, and their executive team did all they could to provide their employees with the tools needed to properly do their job.
Growing company that is always hiring
Senior Search Specialist - Subspecialties (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2015
Good training program. Opportunity for advancement and good work/life balance. Opportunity to tele-commute is available. Need a better compensation plan
Great people and a great environment
Client Developer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2014
A typical day involves status and strategy meetings. Managing existing business while marketing for future opportunities. Meet daily sales and call quotas.

There is a strong focus on team culture and personal success strategy.

Management is very involved with daily operations.

The people that work here are the best. They are helpful and friendly and genuinely care about each other.

The most difficult part is time management. There are a lot of meetings and other interruptions that burn through your work time. Balancing these while still meeting expectations is very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Pros
On site gym, clinic, game room, lucrative commission structure, and flexible scheduling.
Cons
High stress, minimal training, excessive meetings.
Productive and very demanding work place
Recruiter Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  FT. Lauderdale, FLOctober 29, 2014
Lots of activities to get involved in; fun workplace and lots of great benefits. Typical day at work very busy and sometimes stressful. Co-workers pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job is time management due to overwhelming work load. Most enjoyable part of the job being rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
free gas or publix gift cards; extra time off; free lunches sometimes.
Cons
No work balance
Good travel company
OTR/L, CHT,CLT (Former Employee) –  Whidbey Island, WAJanuary 6, 2016
My recruiter worked hard finding me new jobs all over the country. Weekly contact to see how I was doing and to ascertain if there were any needs that I had. The most difficult part of being a traveling therapist can be the actual move. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is really glad to see you, in that the position has been filled.
I worked for them for several years.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  numeous locations across the countryMarch 5, 2013
I worked for CompHealth for several years and chose them initally due to the benefits and time that the recruiter was willing to spend answering my many questions. When working for a traveling healthcare company, you need to know the company is reliable in numerous ways. You need your living arrangements to be safe and comfortable, the job to be acceptable, etc. In my years, I ran into problems with flooded apartments on arrival, supervisors at the job trying to work me 60-70 hrs per week, etc. EVERY time I contacted CompHealth with issues, someone was immediately on top of the problem and helping me deal with it. They have a representative for the therapist and a separate one for the facility who then get together to help resolve any issues. I worked with 3 different schedulers and thought highly of all 3. The pay may not be as high as at some other companies - but the backup and assistance you receive from the company is well worth the difference in pay.
Pros
many
Cons
none really
A high paced, highly competitive environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2014
Work assignments come at you from the phone, internal office computer messaging, face to face with other workers, team leads and managers. Yikes! The telephone looked like a control dash board of an airplane. Okay, I exaggerate a little. This was a difficult job for me. Highly stressful.
Pros
Good work schedule, good benefits, rewards for achievements
Cons
Too fast paced for me.
Great Culture
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2014
Something that separate CompHealth from many other employer's was the culture, the people were amazing. Having a fun environment that allowed us to be adults without the micro managing really was the key to being successful. All the managers had an open door policy and was always available if needed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
parking
Good Work place with a Gym
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2014
Worked with hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, private practices, and many other medical facilities throughout the country to help them find talented physical and occupational therapists for full-time, permanent positions

We have a new Manager and I feel she bit off a little more than she could chew, she is very young as well. A lot of Micro Managing, lots of meetings that could be avoided, they take a lot of time for me to make my dials, and follow up to close sales.

The hardest part of the job is convincing Therapist to move to another state to take the job. We could only offer jobs in Rural areas as big metropolitan areas do not need recruiters like us as they are over saturated with Therapist.

It is also a 1hour and 30 minute commute for me each way
Pros
Gym
Cons
Commute
Sales organization
Provider Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2015
This is a great company to work from if you land on a good team, The job may pay well if you have teammates that are committed to the process.
The MOST excellent Company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2013
Realy enjoyed working for Comp Health. Communication was great, employee advocate was excellent! Spoiled me rotten. Sets the stage for what other contract companies should strive to be!!!!!!
Pros
salary, communication, advocacy, benefits
Good culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 2, 2013
They took care of everything I had a place across from the beach, paid travel expense Housing and great medical benefits, The hospital was a great place to work at the people were some of the nicest I've worked withshort
Pros
Housing
Cons
short contract
Nice place to work.
Travel speech therapist (Former Employee) –  EvansvilleSeptember 8, 2012
Management was very on top of things and remained in contact with me thoughout my travel placement.Very professional.
ovne of my best assignments
Radiation Therapist (Locum) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
I was sent to Arizona for 10 weeks and I lived it. Comphealth had all of the details under control and made the experience a great one. I worked with some very , very nice people, made friends with one patient that I am still friends with and fell in love with the area. Leaving this assignment was the hardest.
Pros
great assignments and opportunities
Cons
No more assignments
Good opportunities after residency
Physician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC areaJuly 22, 2014
I finished residency, and wasn't sure what to do next. Did locum assignments for a year.

Pros with locum - traveled to different locations, made wonderful friends, saw how different health facilities worked

Pros with CompHealth - very efficient with paperwork, pay checks deposited regularly, responsive to travel crises (broken down cars, change of airports), happy with accommodations, friendly staff

Cons with locum - some sites are terrible with temporary physicians (I.e., poor orientation, onerous call schedule). Also, work is not steady (May have a month off before getting an assignment.).

Cons with CompHealth - mixed feelings about the physician recruiter. Was aggressive in getting jobs for me, but also was aggressive in pushing jobs that I did not want or that made me uncomfortable. My locum experiences were positive, until against my gut feelings, I accepted one ill-fitting job. However, these tactics must be industry-wide, as recruiters from other companies have treated me the same way. Advice - check worksite out before agreeing to the contract. If your intuition tells you to check out, get out!
Pros
Excellent administration; responsive to problems
Cons
Remember their job placement is more important than your job needs
Team envolvement
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2014
This job was not a well developed position when I started and never became one. I got bored very easily.

I really liked how CHG incentivised their employees. Although the environment was challenging, the atmosphere was fun.
Pros
Great Team Building
Cons
lack of challenge in my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompHealth. Our community is ready to answer.