CompHealth

CompHealth Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with a great culture
Licensing Coordinator I (Former Employee), 6440 S Millrock DriveJune 9, 2015
Comphealth was a great place to work. they provided a great culture, and a great work life balance. The management was amazing, and their executive team did all they could to provide their employees with the tools needed to properly do their job.
Great Culture
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: parking
Something that separate CompHealth from many other employer's was the culture, the people were amazing. Having a fun environment that allowed us to be adults without the micro managing really was the key to being successful. All the managers had an open door policy and was always available if needed.
A high paced, highly competitive environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, good benefits, rewards for achievements
Cons: too fast paced for me.
Work assignments come at you from the phone, internal office computer messaging, face to face with other workers, team leads and managers. Yikes! The telephone looked like a control dash board of an airplane. Okay, I exaggerate a little. This was a difficult job for me. Highly stressful.
Team envolvement
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great team building
Cons: lack of challenge in my job
This job was not a well developed position when I started and never became one. I got bored very easily.

I really liked how CHG incentivised their employees. Although the environment was challenging, the atmosphere was fun.
Productive and very demanding work place
Recruiter Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), FT. Lauderdale, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free gas or publix gift cards; extra time off; free lunches sometimes.
Cons: no work balance
Lots of activities to get involved in; fun workplace and lots of great benefits. Typical day at work very busy and sometimes stressful. Co-workers pleasant to work with. Hardest part of the job is time management due to overwhelming work load. Most enjoyable part of the job being rewarded for a job well done.
Good Work place with a Gym
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2014
Pros: gym
Cons: commute
Worked with hospitals, outpatient clinics, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies, private practices, and many other medical facilities throughout the country to help them find talented physical and occupational therapists for full-time, permanent positions

We have a new Manager and I feel she bit off a little more than she could chew, she is very young as well. A lot of Micro Managing, lots of meetings that could be avoided, they take a lot of time for me to make my dials, and follow up to close sales.

The hardest part of the job is convincing Therapist to move to another state to take the job. We could only offer jobs in Rural areas as big metropolitan areas do not need recruiters like us as they are over saturated with Therapist.

It is also a 1hour and 30 minute commute for me each way
Fun Place to Work
Marketing and Sales Intern (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 28, 2014
Learned a lot at Comphealth. Learned how to talk on the phone and interact with people.
Great Place to Work
Client Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2014
I enjoy working at CompHealth. I know that I make a difference in others' lives by providing excellent medical providers to those in need.
Good opportunities after residency
Physician (Former Employee), Washington, DC areaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent administration; responsive to problems
Cons: remember their job placement is more important than your job needs
I finished residency, and wasn't sure what to do next. Did locum assignments for a year.

Pros with locum - traveled to different locations, made wonderful friends, saw how different health facilities worked

Pros with CompHealth - very efficient with paperwork, pay checks deposited regularly, responsive to travel crises (broken down cars, change of airports), happy with accommodations, friendly staff

Cons with locum - some sites are terrible with temporary physicians (I.e., poor orientation, onerous call schedule). Also, work is not steady (May have a month off before getting an assignment.).

Cons with CompHealth - mixed feelings about the physician recruiter. Was aggressive in getting jobs for me, but also was aggressive in pushing jobs that I did not want or that made me uncomfortable. My locum experiences were positive, until against my gut feelings, I accepted one ill-fitting job. However, these tactics must be industry-wide, as recruiters from other companies have treated me the same way. Advice - check worksite out before agreeing to the contract. If your intuition tells you to check out, get out!
ovne of my best assignments
Radiation Therapist (Locum) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: great assignments and opportunities
Cons: no more assignments
I was sent to Arizona for 10 weeks and I lived it. Comphealth had all of the details under control and made the experience a great one. I worked with some very , very nice people, made friends with one patient that I am still friends with and fell in love with the area. Leaving this assignment was the hardest.
Travel Company
Travel Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Various locationsMarch 26, 2014
Various Travel assignments. Always Friendly and helpful. Many positions and the time I worked for them.
Great people and a great environment
Client Developer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2014
Pros: on site gym, clinic, game room, lucrative commission structure, and flexible scheduling.
Cons: high stress, minimal training, excessive meetings.
A typical day involves status and strategy meetings. Managing existing business while marketing for future opportunities. Meet daily sales and call quotas.

There is a strong focus on team culture and personal success strategy.

Management is very involved with daily operations.

The people that work here are the best. They are helpful and friendly and genuinely care about each other.

The most difficult part is time management. There are a lot of meetings and other interruptions that burn through your work time. Balancing these while still meeting expectations is very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people.
Good culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Venice, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: housing
Cons: short contract
They took care of everything I had a place across from the beach, paid travel expense Housing and great medical benefits, The hospital was a great place to work at the people were some of the nicest I've worked withshort
Support staff excellent
Traveling Sleep Technologist (Former Employee), Suffolk, VASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great travel opportunities
Cons: downtime between assignments
Great traveling opportunities. Great chance to meet new people and organizations.
Fair company
IS Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2013
I was responsible for 102 employee computers, phones. 12 network printers, 10 servers. 5 were running Linux.
Great Company
Physician Recruiter, Anesthesiology (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2013
Nice place to work. The company does things above and beyond the normal activities and makes great attempts to keep employees engaged.
National physician and general health care staffing agency
President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 6, 2013
Comphealth is a national leader in the area of healthcare staffing.
The MOST excellent Company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2013
Pros: salary, communication, advocacy, benefits
Realy enjoyed working for Comp Health. Communication was great, employee advocate was excellent! Spoiled me rotten. Sets the stage for what other contract companies should strive to be!!!!!!
Very poor experience with this company
Laboratory Profesional (Former Employee), North West United StatesMarch 12, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: misleading, pay check mistakes, inconsistency, no support, poor pay
I must say that I was placed in an awesome laboratory with great Technologists, but my experience with my employer was horrid. In 8 months they have changed the travelers handbook thrice, have made extensive promises they can not keep and place traveling professionals in substandard places to live. If you get a paycheck that is accurate consider yourself lucky and expect to get nickled and dimed to death.

I have had two different "managers" covering my assignment both of which have no idea what a Medical Technologist does other than we work in a lab. No one at CompHealth has made a visit to this – more... work site or ever performed a face to face with this client but seem to think they know everything about the area, living and social conditions and environment you are being placed. You would think such a successful business would have a QA department or atleast a provider support department instead of giving us a "manager" that has no clue. Traveling to a strange place with no support system other than your "manager" means placing a lot of trust in someone you dont know and this company doesnt understand that concept...they are our life line and at times never even return your phone call.

If you are not a Doctor or working for a contact that is paying CompHealth top dollar beware of the support and service you receive or lack there of. – less
I worked for them for several years.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), numeous locations across the countryMarch 5, 2013
Pros: many
Cons: none really
I worked for CompHealth for several years and chose them initally due to the benefits and time that the recruiter was willing to spend answering my many questions. When working for a traveling healthcare company, you need to know the company is reliable in numerous ways. You need your living arrangements to be safe and comfortable, the job to be acceptable, etc. In my years, I ran into problems with flooded apartments on arrival, supervisors at the job trying to work me 60-70 hrs per week, etc. EVERY time I contacted CompHealth with issues, someone was immediately on top of the problem and helping me deal with it. They have a representative for the therapist and a separate one for the facility who then get together to help resolve any issues. I worked with 3 different schedulers and thought highly of all 3. The pay may not be as high as at some other companies - but the backup and assistance you receive from the company is well worth the difference in pay.
Headquarters