CompHealth

CompHealth Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Client Representative (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 10, 2014
I enjoy working at CompHealth. I know that I make a difference in others' lives by providing excellent medical providers to those in need.
Good opportunities after residency
Physician (Former Employee), Washington, DC areaJuly 22, 2014
Pros: excellent administration; responsive to problems
Cons: remember their job placement is more important than your job needs
I finished residency, and wasn't sure what to do next. Did locum assignments for a year.

Pros with locum - traveled to different locations, made wonderful friends, saw how different health facilities worked

Pros with CompHealth - very efficient with paperwork, pay checks deposited regularly, responsive to travel crises (broken down cars, change of – more... airports), happy with accommodations, friendly staff

Cons with locum - some sites are terrible with temporary physicians (I.e., poor orientation, onerous call schedule). Also, work is not steady (May have a month off before getting an assignment.).

Cons with CompHealth - mixed feelings about the physician recruiter. Was aggressive in getting jobs for me, but also was aggressive in pushing jobs that I did not want or that made me uncomfortable. My locum experiences were positive, until against my gut feelings, I accepted one ill-fitting job. However, these tactics must be industry-wide, as recruiters from other companies have treated me the same way. Advice - check worksite out before agreeing to the contract. If your intuition tells you to check out, get out! – less
ovne of my best assignments
Radiation Therapist (Locum) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2014
Pros: great assignments and opportunities
Cons: no more assignments
I was sent to Arizona for 10 weeks and I lived it. Comphealth had all of the details under control and made the experience a great one. I worked with some very , very nice people, made friends with one patient that I am still friends with and fell in love with the area. Leaving this assignment was the hardest.
Travel Company
Travel Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Various locationsMarch 26, 2014
Various Travel assignments. Always Friendly and helpful. Many positions and the time I worked for them.
Great people and a great environment
Client Developer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2014
Pros: on site gym, clinic, game room, lucrative commission structure, and flexible scheduling.
Cons: high stress, minimal training, excessive meetings.
A typical day involves status and strategy meetings. Managing existing business while marketing for future opportunities. Meet daily sales and call quotas.

There is a strong focus on team culture and personal success strategy.

Management is very involved with daily operations.

The people that work here are the best. They are helpful and friendly – more... and genuinely care about each other.

The most difficult part is time management. There are a lot of meetings and other interruptions that burn through your work time. Balancing these while still meeting expectations is very challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people. – less
Good culture
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Venice, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: housing
Cons: short contract
They took care of everything I had a place across from the beach, paid travel expense Housing and great medical benefits, The hospital was a great place to work at the people were some of the nicest I've worked withshort
Support staff excellent
Traveling Sleep Technologist (Former Employee), Suffolk, VASeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great travel opportunities
Cons: downtime between assignments
Great traveling opportunities. Great chance to meet new people and organizations.
Fair company
IS Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2013
I was responsible for 102 employee computers, phones. 12 network printers, 10 servers. 5 were running Linux.
Great Company
Physician Recruiter, Anesthesiology (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2013
Nice place to work. The company does things above and beyond the normal activities and makes great attempts to keep employees engaged.
National physician and general health care staffing agency
President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTMay 6, 2013
Comphealth is a national leader in the area of healthcare staffing.
The MOST excellent Company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 13, 2013
Pros: salary, communication, advocacy, benefits
Realy enjoyed working for Comp Health. Communication was great, employee advocate was excellent! Spoiled me rotten. Sets the stage for what other contract companies should strive to be!!!!!!
Very poor experience with this company
Laboratory Profesional (Former Employee), North West United StatesMarch 12, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: misleading, pay check mistakes, inconsistency, no support, poor pay
I must say that I was placed in an awesome laboratory with great Technologists, but my experience with my employer was horrid. In 8 months they have changed the travelers handbook thrice, have made extensive promises they can not keep and place traveling professionals in substandard places to live. If you get a paycheck that is accurate consider yourself – more... lucky and expect to get nickled and dimed to death.

I have had two different "managers" covering my assignment both of which have no idea what a Medical Technologist does other than we work in a lab. No one at CompHealth has made a visit to this work site or ever performed a face to face with this client but seem to think they know everything about the area, living and social conditions and environment you are being placed. You would think such a successful business would have a QA department or atleast a provider support department instead of giving us a "manager" that has no clue. Traveling to a strange place with no support system other than your "manager" means placing a lot of trust in someone you dont know and this company doesnt understand that concept...they are our life line and at times never even return your phone call.

If you are not a Doctor or working for a contact that is paying CompHealth top dollar beware of the support and service you receive or lack there of. – less
I worked for them for several years.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), numeous locations across the countryMarch 5, 2013
Pros: many
Cons: none really
I worked for CompHealth for several years and chose them initally due to the benefits and time that the recruiter was willing to spend answering my many questions. When working for a traveling healthcare company, you need to know the company is reliable in numerous ways. You need your living arrangements to be safe and comfortable, the job to be acceptable, – more... etc. In my years, I ran into problems with flooded apartments on arrival, supervisors at the job trying to work me 60-70 hrs per week, etc. EVERY time I contacted CompHealth with issues, someone was immediately on top of the problem and helping me deal with it. They have a representative for the therapist and a separate one for the facility who then get together to help resolve any issues. I worked with 3 different schedulers and thought highly of all 3. The pay may not be as high as at some other companies - but the backup and assistance you receive from the company is well worth the difference in pay. – less
Outstanding Culture that drives people to succeed
Medical Staffing Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 27, 2012
Pros: leadership values the contributions of each person, there is a great deal of praise for a job well done.
Cons: health insurance is a little expensive
Overall an outstanding place to work. The health insurance is more expensive than I have paid while working for other companies of similar size. They truly want everyone to succeed since everyone is bonuses are based on the performance of their individual teams. Because of the this the management staff is invested in each persons success.
Great company, great management!
Recruiter (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 4, 2012
I love working for CompHealth and would encourage anyone to apply here, trust me you'll love it!!!
Over all one of the best!
Medical Technologist/Supervisor/Generalist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City UTMarch 17, 2012
Pros: excellent assistance on an assignment.
Cons: asssignments end .
In 2007 I broke my leg on an assignment and they did not just abondon me as another agency would have.

August 8, 2012

sounds like a great company, how did you break your ankle