Complete Building Services Employee Reviews

A very good company.
OPERATING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 17, 2017
A very good company, who should focus more on education in the future , they have some solid managers and a very good support group and also working in dc was one of the best experiences I've had in a very long time.
Pros
your co workers
Cons
Shift change
fun workplace where you can turn your job into a career
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 15, 2017
I love working for CBS. Even though they are a mid-size company they make everyone feel like a part of the family. You can learn a lot working here for whatever your field is. I came from working a law firm and still was able to fit right in.
This company is great
Helpdesk Analyst / Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2017
This is a great company to work for. I currently work part time and was told that there was an option to go full time later, possibly at a different location, but that doesn't seem to be going as planned. But the company has great benefits from discounts at hotels, to health medical and 401K insurance! I would love to work for them again in a full time position.
Pros
great time work, great parent company
Cons
n/a
Good Company Overall
Apprentice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2015
Pretty relaxed most of the time, decent pay and benefits, no union though.
Was transferred without notice, nobody seems to know anything about this other than the person deciding who I've never met.
Pros
Benefits, overtime
Cons
Pay not great, always transferring people
The company was going bankrupt
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 7, 2015
The company was going bankrupt and we did not get paid on time. Four times in 1 year we did not get aid until a week after pay day, and Management didn't understand people have bills to pay.
Official response from Complete Building Services
July 5, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. Complete Building Services (a division of The Donohoe Companies) has never been remotely close to bankruptcy in its 50+ year history. Not sure what caused the problems you describe, but we do our best to ensure every employee is paid on time every pay period. If anyone ever does experience something like this, senior management would like to know right away so we can correct it.

Work here if you want to get in shape for the olympics!!
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2014
Repairing and Installing walls doors lights, ceiling tile, all plumbing and electrical, drywall, tile, in all commercial buildings.
I learned how to do alot of plumbing and elctrical.
My co-workers were great to work with and very helpfull
The hardest part was carring 100 sheets of 12x4 drywall up 32 flighrts of stairs.
Dont ask why but I loved installing lights fixtures and VAV's.
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
insurance
was fun palce to work
Maintenance engineer / plumber (Former Employee) –  National academy of sciencesJanuary 7, 2014
more maintenance knowledge on VAV,get more involve with DDC sytems.commercial plumbing work
HVAC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2013
Well Complete Building Services is a good company for any one who want to start doing building engineering work, it also a very good company to start learning about plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and maintenance work in small and big building.

Complete building services have deferent department each department work hand in hand to accomplish the task required for a project. workers are schedule to work mostly 40hrs a week or more if overtime is needed base on the term of the contract.

I learn a lot of stuff in this company about plumbing work, Electrical work, mechanical work, carpenter work, HVAC work, Building maintenance work, painting work, drywall work, engineering work. and so on.

Complete building services is part of Donohoe company in Washington DC and the management are working together to run this company project. although there is a govern body like the president and vice president mostly they always come from the family of the owner Donohoe and then each department will have their management.

co-workers somewhat friendly and helpful to each other however they talk about not been paid enough.

complete building services move workers around and at times you will have to do shift morning or afternoon or night some people says that is the hardest part of the job you are not stable in a job site.

If you are post to work for complete building services in hotel you will eat free if you like the food they serve.
Pros
sometime you may have free lunch
Cons
you can enroll for healthcare provider
Family Oriented, Great Place to Work
Work Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2013
Been with CBS for 4 years its a great place to work and grow. The management team is a blast to work with. Each day I learn more and network with the DMV vendors.
CBS company
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 2, 2012
Very nice place to work. The manage team for cbs work with their employee to the up most. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
cbs have schooling for their employee and many other rewards
Cons
their just hard working people
Everyday is a learning experience
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2012
On a typical day work we do our pm's on the building equipment, run service calls for any problems in the building. You learn something new everyday. The management is great and helpful. Co-workers are always willing to lend a helping hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Complete Building Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Complete Building Services Reviews by Location