Position Code: 12-CM-067
Reports To: Vice President, Professional Services & Support
Department: Professional Services
Complete Genomics is growing its team of scientists and bioinformaticians focused on supporting our rapidly growing customer base. These individuals will be responsible helping our customers working with Complete Genomics sequencing data.
This position is based in our Mountain View, CA headquarters.
- Answer regarding CGI-provided data for customer, primarily by phone and email. Address questions related to data as they apply to the customer’s specific scientific goals.
- Post-sales customer training via web conferencing.
- Interact with and support CGI partners, such as those developing software for use with Complete Genomics data.
- Advise customers and strategic partners on the use tools, workflows, and QC criteria for utilizing Complete Genomics data for various scientific purposes.
- Assist in authoring documentation, training and support materials.
- Populate knowledgebase with technical knowledge and solutions as they are acquired.
- Provide scientific and technical input into product specifications, design, and testing of tools and features.
- Keep abreast of community technical and scientific knowledge related to human genome sequence data.
- Document detailed customer feedback for incorporation into product plans.
- M.S or Ph.D. (or clearly demonstrated equivalent work experience) in Bioinformatics, Genomics or Genetics required with 3+ years of experience in large-scale sequencing strongly preferred.
- Hands-on skills with Linux/Unix, scripting languages and experience with handling very large data sets is a plus, including a solid understanding of statistical methods as they apply to genomic and genome-wide genetic data. Strong familiarity with public sequence databases and with standard sequence analysis tools and methods is required.
- A strong working knowledge of current results and trends in genomics and human genome sequencing is preferred. Should be current and well-informed on the relevant scientific literature.
- Ideally, should have a good understanding of current methods and results for analyzing sequence and structural variation in both human genetics and in cancer genome biology.
- Ideally, should have a good general knowledge of available next-gen sequencing technologies.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary environments and in particular with inside and outside groups on challenging scientific projects is preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Excellent customer communication and interaction skills including the ability to empathize, to communicate clearly and to respond to queries in a timely fashion.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively, as well as able to manage time and prioritize to execute well on multiple ongoing projects.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department directly.
Complete Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...