Complete Genomics Employee Reviews in United States

Great startup company to work for
Senior Document Specialist/Audit Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 24, 2015
Management of the company is excellent. CEO meets with the company nearly every week at all-hands meetings; he is personable, approachable, and cares about all his employees. My direct manager encourages his employees in professional development and places strong emphasis on cross-training in all functions so that anyone in our department can temporarily step up if someone is out. Input is welcomed and we are encouraged to develop and implement our own ideas.

Kitchen is stocked weekly with fresh food, and drink service comes in twice a week.

Hiring was on a boom the last few years, so cubicle space in the building was hard to come by (I had to move four times in five years).
Pros
Stocked kitchen, flexible time, excellent management
Cons
Hours can sometimes be unpredictable. Space shortage in building.
This was a company filled with highly intelligent and motivated individuals.
Vice President of IT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 9, 2012
The most rewarding part of this job was that the problem we were trying to solve was a very difficult one. Yet, once it is solved, the benefits to the health and longevity of the human race are huge!
Pros
working with very intelligent people
Cons
the 70 mile round trip commute each day.
Fake people
QA Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 9, 2013
Laid-off at 6pm on a Tuesday night after I left office at 3:30pm. Unprofessional
Pros
free breakfasts & lunches
Cons
poor management, pretensive, dishonest, indirect comunication management, poor training program
High energy, collaborative work environment
PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST, SYSTEM INTEGRATION TEAM (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 26, 2012
Complete Genomics has developed a unique solution to human genome sequencing technology. This fee for service provider produces data with unprecedented accuracy and throughput. It is a stimulating place to work with very collaborative and bright colleagues.
low ball poor pay
IT admin (Former Employee) –  Mountain ViewOctober 14, 2014
Company has been trying to fill a IT position for months, reason why? Too cheap and asking for the senior experience.

Avoid this company.
Cons
overseas owned, cheap company

2.8