COMPLEX Employee Reviews

Great place to work, learn and grow
Sports Writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
The Complex brand is well-known in many circles, and my time there gave me a crucial first look at digital media and publishing.

The culture is as key as the content, and I'd highly recommend the brand to anyone lucky enough to work there.
good enviroments and experiences
Personal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
friendly people and well organized...multi-cultural...good energy vibes and smiling faces...some people are not so friendly but management had a good way of dealing with that...this is something I do in my spare time and since im just an advisor a simple phone call is required
Pros
flexible work scheduel
Cons
not much money cause company is still growning
Employee's are great, management is horrible.
Designer/Animator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
The people I worked with were amazing. Very fast pace work environment. A lot of creative freedom, but it didn't last long.
Unfortunately management is really bad, almost 2 faced. They portray themselves as nice and humble in the initial interactions, but the longer you stay the worst it gets. HR is awful, not helpful in the least. And the hire ups leading the company, don't take responsibility for their actions. My manager wouldn't even talk to me, and would blow up on different teammates through out the day.
Pros
young and cool people.
Cons
no job security.
Lacks structure and direction from supervisors
Video Dept (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
Worked 20+ hours/day with no support or direction on projects.
No one is given raises or bonuses in the video dept. Revolving door for jobs, no reason to stay as the longer you stay the worse you are treated.
Pros
creative young people
Cons
no raises or bonuses, poor and abusive management
Great Place to learn
Social Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 1, 2017
I loved coming into this place. It was nice to see many people in their element & still assisting their coworkers. It was good seeing people constantly polishing their craft.
Fosters real work relationships, while still requiring quality work
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2015
Complex will force you to step up your quality of work. At Complex, you will foster close relationships with your immediate editors who push you further with each post. The editors are extremely open minded and allow each writer to maintain their voice.
Very Educational and great start for me.
Intern/ Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2014
At Complex there were three different businesses in one, there was a fitness center a production company for entertainment and a hair salon. I worked for the fitness center doing all of the administrative work. Being that "Energy fitness" was very new on the market, I was allowed the opportunity as an intern marketing student I had the chance to utilize my skills as a marketing student. I worked on the promotions for the company, created the look and feel of the diet plans and performed a competitive analysis. The greatest part about working for Energy fitness/ Complex was the cool environment, the celebrities that I met and ones I knew who I could have met. The staff was very down to earth and they made me feel at home. The cons were of course no pay just the experience and that I would say was very much so an experience.
Pros
High energy environment, cool staff and clients
Cons
No compensation, temporary work
quiet place to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYOctober 11, 2013
answered calls from clients requesting technical help with computer software/hardware. learned company systems. management and co-workers was like family. hard to get to work via metro transit. enjoyed low-key/quiet environment.
Is a good place to work
Keystone Management Appt (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro,NCNovember 28, 2012
A typical day is repairs and carpentry to the appartments that were moved out of.
Pros
on call to make extra hours
Cons
didn't know where you were going to have a job one day or not
Good place to work and a lot to learn
Project Manager and Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 4, 2012
Company located outside of the United States at this moment. For this reason the salaries are not competitive with US standards.
Family Owned
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GeorgiaJuly 9, 2012
Family owned company that does its best to satisfy customers.Work is completed when the customers ask and about thw quailty expected