As a Java Engineer you will work on small teams together with other Engineers, QA testers, Product Management, Legal, and subject matter experts. Every person is responsible for making a tangible positive impact on the business every day. We’re an Agile/Scrum shop and we do production releases every month or two, so you’ll collaborate with team members to deliver two-week-sized slices of shippable code.
We provide a SaaS (“cloud”) compliance and risk-management platform of on-demand products used by banks and lenders to continuously identify and correct regulatory violations and loan quality issues. More than 400 companies nationwide, including 4 of the top 5 mortgage lenders in the country, rely on our technology every day. We also provide technology-enhanced regulatory enforcement capabilities to government agencies. Our systems must manage large amounts of data, be easy to use and play well with many different kinds of systems.
We continue to experience tremendous growth, following the “Great Recession” of 2009 and the subsequent increases in regulatory oversight and demand for transparency and risk-management. While we’ve had great success in the mortgage vertical, we are also hard at work applying our technology and our expertise to other financial and lending verticals.
- Experience developing applications throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Experience developing applications using JEE/J2EE and MVC frameworks (such as Struts or Spring MVC).
- Worked with XML and XML Schema. Familiarity with JAXP, JAXB and XSLT
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented analysis and design using Java
- Knowledge of SQL statement development to query a relational database
- Proven system integration and data conversion experience with web-based applications through XML data transfer
- Excellent understanding of the best practices in software design, development and testing
- Strong familiarity with source control, automated builds, unit testing and build deployment
- Experience with Oracle, JBoss or Drools is a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience in developing and implementing Java Enterprise web-based applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
Please note that experience is an approximation of years only and does not rule out individuals with more or less experience/knowledge. Above responsibilities are not all-inclusive and may include other assignments as requested by management.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Casual dress code
- On-site gym facilities & café
- Convenient north peninsula location
- Flexible hours & Telecommute options (depending on position)
Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity to use a telephone, and computer keyboard
- Facility to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and to hear and understand speech on the telephone
- Facility to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal conversations and over the telephone
LogicEase Solutions Inc. dba ComplianceEase is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Indeed - 20 months ago