Component Repair Technologies

Component Repair Technologies Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Management could care less, use to be great until they brought in a new supervisor
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 11, 2016
This company WAS (huge emphasis on the term was) a great place to work for, paid well, insurance, etc. HOWEVER, they brought in a new military guy who heads the company and he will fire/dismiss people if he doesn't like them/for no reason. But he will makeup a reason, he will act like he informed you about it, when he didn't. They don't follow the procedures in their own employee handbook. They don't value how long you've been with company or the fact that you have a family depending on you. Just beware, don't come into this place expecting to be cared about.
Pros
Provided lunch some nights
Cons
Management, does not care about employees, doesn't hesitate to fire
unorganized, but good pay and benefits
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 21, 2016
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY THIS JOB IS FOR YOU! Yes this company looks flashy and nice on the outside, but once brought in you will soon learn differently. Yes they do offer great pay and good benefits, but tons of pressure HIGH TURNOVER rates in probabtionary periods. I tried so hard to maintain positive attitude but slowly wore down. Everyone kept telling me " you will soon learn what this place is about" and i did. Nothing about their motto "trust and fairness" is actually true at all. Tried to maintain a postive attitude, but slowly broken down by other co-workers negativity. Management was completely unorganized, a TON of rework caused by lengthy days and 6 days a week, a lot of pressure. The biggest thing that i can't stress enough is the lack of employees. They expect a single person to do 3 peoples amount of work in a timely fashion. But like i said if you have no life, no kids, spouse, or pets to take care of this place is for you! Not trying to slander the company at all! But based on first hand experience this leads me to writing this review.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, tons of overtime
Cons
high turnover rate in probationary period, unorganized, 6 days a week, very high pressure, lacking good management
Many changes took place here
Level II PT/MT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 30, 2015
At first, working there was a good experience. As time went on and the company grew larger, it seemed to me the premise of the company shifted from putting out a quality of product to pure volume. This in my opinion was the main reason for the rework rate company-wide to sky rocket, and turn around time was not close to the target date most of the time.

During the last year management has changed, therefore the culture changed. As far as I was concerned the culture change did not suit the needs for the company in my eyes. It turned from a nice place to work to something close to feeling lucky I still have a job there.
Pros
End of year bonus through profit sharing
Cons
High turnover rate at probationary periods
Unorganized, unprofessional, waste of time.
Grounds maintenance (Former Employee) –  MentorJune 26, 2015
Unless you intend to become a machinist never take a job here. They don't know what they want from a grounds maintenance person. I was treated badly and given a vague job description on top of mediocre equipment. Don't work here. They don't care about you. Utterly disgusting how they deal with people.
Cons
Terrible company. No values.
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 19, 2014
Good place to work, benefits are excellent if one has a family.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
constant pressure
Productive and funny work place
Intern as Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 13, 2013
•Managed all CFM56 Low Pressure Turbine Engine Shafts and CF6 Fan mid Shafts for evaluation and repair of overhaul
•Developed a work scope and time gates based on department loading and lead times and communicate with all departments in order to meet customer requirements and promised shipping date
•Managed exceptions, including perform reworks and determine the resources to resolve exception
•Foretasted and inventoried in conjunction with the marketing and purchasing department
•Made necessary decisions as introduced by production or scheduling that are within the manual limits
Productive work environment.
Aircraft Welder (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 15, 2013
The shop is always busy, and in the welding department especially. I have learned to weld many different materials as well as some exotics. There are seven other welders who are all very knowledgeable and have taught me many new things. The hardest part of my job here is welding castings and having to pass x-ray as castings tend to crack with heat after being stressed in the oven. I love to come to work everyday and weld because its what I love to do.
Solid company
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 22, 2013
Good company with good benefits, will to pay overtime for hard workers with good performance.
Pros
great cafeteria, free turkey for Thanksgiving, Ham for Christmas.
Cons
Not keen on new ideas or innovation.

2.8