Component Repair Technologies Employee Reviews

Not what it appears to be
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mentor OhioMay 13, 2017
I worked at Component Repair Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

I left a company I worked at for 20 years for a chance to advance. As they said in all there advertisement. When I started the on boarding process. and they told me Congratulations and welcome Aboard, I had the Impression that I was Hired this was when I left my old job. ( NOPE!) 90 Probation period I found this out after leaving my other Job. There is far to much Micromanagement in that place. Training may not go well for a number of reasons. But Rest assured It will all be your fault in the end. They canned me before 90 days were up. I cannot go back to my former job and I have no means of support now. They give you reviews and tell you the ball is in your court. But it never is. It is a High stress place I have seen people quit on there own in the less than 90 days I have been there. Some in charge are really good at reverse engineering fault when they tell you to get out, enough said on that issue.
This job is 5% machining and 95% procedural paper work that you will never have seen before even if you have 30 years experience. If you cannot get it all and take notes the way they want you to,NOT THE WAY YOU NEED THEM! and understand what should take a year to understand in 90 days. you will not have a job. They ruined what life I had.
Pros
The money is good If you get past the 90 days ((((IF!))))
Cons
they go through people like Water and they do not care about you.
Great experience and advancement, understaffed
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 16, 2017
A great place to work. Lots of job experience and advancement. Great benefits. Most of the employees have worked there awhile and have worked in multiple functions. It has been a long time since I have worked somewhere I felt that they did good work. A little stressful, fast paced, and under staffed at the moment. Product Leads are overworked.
Pros
Learning oppurtunities, advancement, great benefits
Cons
short staffed, too much rework
Ready for a change
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 10, 2017
After the the owner retired the company has been in a steady decline in a sense. We have been continuously breaking previous sales records, but as a whole the things are failing at the core and eventually going to catch up with them.
Family Environment Good place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 7, 2017
CRT is a good place to work. The owners are fair and down to earth. The promote from within which allows in house employees the opportunity to move up in the company.
Productive and educational experience at CRT.
Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 10, 2016
I have enjoyed developing an engineering career at Component Repair Technologies Inc
Most recently, I have:
• Contributed to the research and development of multiple turbine engine components.
• Worked to minimize production down time by resolving technical issues efficiently.
• Led a multi-disciplinary team to develop new work instructions for underdeveloped turbine engine components.
• Improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with constant interruptions from the shop floor and managing numerous projects and standard upkeep tasks. This job requires very highly developed organizational skills, and time management.

Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a plan and design come together.
Pros
Great benefits, challenging work, very educational.
Cons
Very stressful work environment, work/life balance is tilted too far toward work.
Management could care less, use to be great until they brought in a new supervisor
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 11, 2016
This company WAS (huge emphasis on the term was) a great place to work for, paid well, insurance, etc. HOWEVER, they brought in a new military guy who heads the company and he will fire/dismiss people if he doesn't like them/for no reason. But he will makeup a reason, he will act like he informed you about it, when he didn't. They don't follow the procedures in their own employee handbook. They don't value how long you've been with company or the fact that you have a family depending on you. Just beware, don't come into this place expecting to be cared about.
Pros
Provided lunch some nights
Cons
Management, does not care about employees, doesn't hesitate to fire
unorganized, but good pay and benefits
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 21, 2016
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FAMILY THIS JOB IS FOR YOU! Yes this company looks flashy and nice on the outside, but once brought in you will soon learn differently. Yes they do offer great pay and good benefits, but tons of pressure HIGH TURNOVER rates in probabtionary periods. I tried so hard to maintain positive attitude but slowly wore down. Everyone kept telling me " you will soon learn what this place is about" and i did. Nothing about their motto "trust and fairness" is actually true at all. Tried to maintain a postive attitude, but slowly broken down by other co-workers negativity. Management was completely unorganized, a TON of rework caused by lengthy days and 6 days a week, a lot of pressure. The biggest thing that i can't stress enough is the lack of employees. They expect a single person to do 3 peoples amount of work in a timely fashion. But like i said if you have no life, no kids, spouse, or pets to take care of this place is for you! Not trying to slander the company at all! But based on first hand experience this leads me to writing this review.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, tons of overtime
Cons
high turnover rate in probationary period, unorganized, 6 days a week, very high pressure, lacking good management
Many changes took place here
Level II PT/MT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 30, 2015
At first, working there was a good experience. As time went on and the company grew larger, it seemed to me the premise of the company shifted from putting out a quality of product to pure volume. This in my opinion was the main reason for the rework rate company-wide to sky rocket, and turn around time was not close to the target date most of the time.

During the last year management has changed, therefore the culture changed. As far as I was concerned the culture change did not suit the needs for the company in my eyes. It turned from a nice place to work to something close to feeling lucky I still have a job there.
Pros
End of year bonus through profit sharing
Cons
High turnover rate at probationary periods
Unorganized, unprofessional, waste of time.
Grounds maintenance (Former Employee) –  MentorJune 26, 2015
Unless you intend to become a machinist never take a job here. They don't know what they want from a grounds maintenance person. I was treated badly and given a vague job description on top of mediocre equipment. Don't work here. They don't care about you. Utterly disgusting how they deal with people.
Cons
Terrible company. No values.
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 19, 2014
Good place to work, benefits are excellent if one has a family.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Constant Pressure
Productive and funny work place
Intern as Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 13, 2013
•Managed all CFM56 Low Pressure Turbine Engine Shafts and CF6 Fan mid Shafts for evaluation and repair of overhaul
•Developed a work scope and time gates based on department loading and lead times and communicate with all departments in order to meet customer requirements and promised shipping date
•Managed exceptions, including perform reworks and determine the resources to resolve exception
•Foretasted and inventoried in conjunction with the marketing and purchasing department
•Made necessary decisions as introduced by production or scheduling that are within the manual limits
Productive work environment.
Aircraft Welder (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 15, 2013
The shop is always busy, and in the welding department especially. I have learned to weld many different materials as well as some exotics. There are seven other welders who are all very knowledgeable and have taught me many new things. The hardest part of my job here is welding castings and having to pass x-ray as castings tend to crack with heat after being stressed in the oven. I love to come to work everyday and weld because its what I love to do.
Solid company
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 22, 2013
Good company with good benefits, will to pay overtime for hard workers with good performance.
Pros
great cafeteria, free turkey for Thanksgiving, Ham for Christmas.
Cons
Not keen on new ideas or innovation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Component Repair Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6