Comporium Communications Employee Reviews

Great people great place to work
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 22, 2016
This is a family company that takes care of its employees. They always have the customer in mind. Great place for learning new age tech and well compensated.
Pros
Local, good people working with you, family values
Daily routine
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 19, 2016
A regular day in the office would start off with coming to work a few minutes late to greet everyone in the office. I would get my system set up and ready. I would put all my stuff away & get ready for the work day.
Pros
co-workers, quiet work space
Cons
schedules
Treats employees very well.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 11, 2015
Comporium treats it's employees well and are aware of their needs and wants. Management is fair. Co-workers are good and easy to get along with.
Overall it's a job.
Comporium (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 22, 2015
Easy job with a decent work life balance. The hardest part is dealing with the "good old boys' company culture. Very hard to move up in the company without being a member of the family owned company. For the most part it's not what you know, but who you know.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Job and atmosphere.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 15, 2014
At work I assist customers with technical support for devices and internet connectivity. I have learned a lot about how the communications industry works and what we provide as a service. Our management team is hard working but not always available and seem to be overwhelmed at times. I enjoy every aspect of the job at this time.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
resources
Applicant
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 29, 2014
I had applied there for this position but was turned down. I have over 20 years in IT and they decided to not hire and have a great employee based on credit check. That is the whole idea of having an income. To be able to pay bills and clear up/keep credit line clean. They lost a chance at a great employee.
Fast-Paced Call Center
Call Center Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 30, 2014
I love working in a call center environment. I like being able to assist outside and inside customers by providing friendly, customer service to them.
Job security and good benefits
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 28, 2013
Somewhat hypocritical in their lengthy moral polies. Management inept in their abilities to manage effectively. Otherwise, a secure place to work with good benefits
Pros
competetive salary, good benefits
Comporium Communications
Residential Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 24, 2013
I currently work at a retail store for Comporium Communications. During the day, I will help customer establish new service for home phone, cable tv, internet, and put leads in for home security. I also sell wireless service through one of the top 3 wireless carriers in the U.S. I will also help customers figure out their bills and solve billing issues. Customers will also come in to add and remove features off their accounts. I work with a great group of people. We all work great together and have respect for each other. We do have personal goals to meet, but sometimes we will do an in office goal. Whoever wins the in office goal will receive a Starbucks or a Frozen Yogurt, or a Milkshake. That makes the job a little more fun and creates some different kind of competition. The hardest part of the job is to handle highly upset and irrate customers. They are a challenge, but I always listen first to what is bothering them, then I will find a solution that is best for the company and the customer. If I am unable to find a solution for the customer, then I will go to my senior rep and see if there is anything else we could do to solve the issue. The other hard part of the job is when someone has to come in and cancel service due to a family member passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see customers when they are excited that they have gotten a new house and are so ready to get new services. I also enjoy when customers are smiling and give me compliments on my excellent customer service skills. It feels good when a customer brags on you.
Very productive and professional telecommunication company.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 11, 2012
Sold and marketed telecommunicated services to new and existing accounts. Provide different types of services such as high speed internet, digital cable TV, home security and phone services. Everyone in Comporium Communications were detailed and organized from customer service to the president of the company. The best part of my job was working with my co-workers, my boss and the technitions that provide the product and service.
Pros
had authority to make stratigic decisions.
Cons
worked in extreme adverse weather conditions, outdoors.
Clothing Store
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 15, 2012
Clothing stores can be fun and exciting to work in but I wasn't really sure that was the place for me. It was a job learning experience at the time.
Great people to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 18, 2012
There were wonderful employers and employees to work for and work with.
Pros
great work environment at the office i worked at
Cons
worked under a temp. agency for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comporium Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3