Comprehensive Health Services Employee Reviews

TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IndianaMay 1, 2014
This is the most mismanaged company and worst company atmosphere for a "health and wellness" facility. They do NOTHING FOR THE HEATH AND WELL BEING of their employees. For an example, you get a 30 minute lunch that is pre-scheduled for you and if you are salaried….you are treated as though you are hourly with no flexibility. If you leave 1 minute before the end of your scheduled day, management is questioning. The manager shows favoritism to certain employees which has caused a division and morale issue, yet they deny and look the other way when it is addressed.The work atmosphere is like a factory job with management not appreciating or utilizing the talents of their NP's, RDN or RN's. They have had a 40% turnover rate since opening last year. THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES. Several of those that are there are only still there because they have not found another job yet. They fabricate the wonderfulness of the job to get you to sign on and then they change the scope of your practice once on board. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and as for Registered Dietitian….take a look at the spelling of "dietician"…they can't even get that right on the job application site. They have nurses doing nutrition counseling which I am sure Purdue Dietetic Program would not be happy with if they knew. They have just recently begun hiring registered dietitians and will question your ethics every step of the way. HR Benefits is also incompetent. I was denied short term disability because the HR manager did not know how to interpret the guidelines. What is sad is this truly could be  more... a great position with all the changes in health care reform but CHS is so controlling of their people that they are afraid to have employees that "think out of the box" or have a mind of their own. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB…was coaching my wonderful clients. What a blessing they were to me throughout this year. I love coaching and always received several accolades from them. They will be missed dearly.  less
Pros
health coaching
Cons
horrible culture, treated unprofessional, cannot utilize your gifts and talents, micro managed
Awful place to work! They pit you against the client they hired you to work for, then blame YOU when CHS....
Manager (Former Employee) –  MA and CTJune 9, 2013
Awful place to work. They promise you EVERYTHING when they want to hire you, then don't deliver. They do not back up their managers. They tell the client company you will do something, don't tell YOU, then cut you loose when it suits them. No job security. They lie about what the job will be to get you in, then when you do what they ask, blame YOU if the client isn't happy. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR CAREER ON THIS COMPANY!!! It truly is a waste of time.
Companies like this have hurt the field of occupational health nursing. They have taken all the professionalism out of the job and made you a "go for' type person. I was promised career advancement within a year, then was cut lose after 8 months because I did what I WAS ordered TO DO BY CHS MANAGEMENT. I TOLD THEM THE CLIENT WOULD NOT WANT WHAT THEY WANTED ME TO DO, then was "let go" when I was right and the client was not happy with what CHS Management told me to do. Guess it really WAS all my fault.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY if you really care about occupational health nursing or your career.
Pros
not much. can't think of anything that was good working for chs.
Cons
awful place to work. do not work for chs!!!!!!!!
Upper Management Open Your Eyes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLSeptember 25, 2013
Most employees are positive and perform their best to advance the company to be the benchmark in this market. This is not going to be obtainable because a few bad apples are in supervisory positions.
A few supervisors have "snowed" upper management and misleads them. These supervisors create problems so they can correct them to gain more "pull" with the upper management. Unfortunately, upper management trust EVERYTHING these supervisors tell them. Many employees are aware of this manipulation and do whatever these supervisors tell them to do so they will not be fired. The ones who have refused were fired based on a set up of circumstances.
The working environment is stressed and pessimistic.
Company has policies & guidelines but no one follows them or enforces them. Disfunction and mayhem are seen in every department. Also personal relationships and marriages are throughout the company which spawns biased decisions and actions.
Pros
excellent benefit package and compensation
Cons
supervisors directing actions of upper management
Waste of 3 months time.
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 16, 2013
The original site manager was awesome. The only flaw I would have to say is she had no back bone. The client manager was absolutely ridiculous. She was a bully and and had no tact. The only time she wants to have any communication with you is when you are talking about her or her family. There are so many OSHA violations also. The "EMT" knows everything about everything. You have to watch your back because everyone is constantly trying to get each other fired. Worse job ever. There is definitely a reason they are always hiring. Turn over rate is horrible. Please do your research before applying. One good thing here is that corporate is wonderful but unfortunately they aren't actually managing the site. Good luck to all.
Pros
get to walk around to get exercise during lunch
Cons
too many to count
Every company has its ups and downs
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2013
It's what you make it. There is a community feel here at CHS. You become very close to your coworkers. Hard work and good attitudes do not go unnoticed. If you sow negativity you will reap it. Of course there are always problems, no company is perfect. CHS does make an effort to improve, I wish sometimes changes could be implemented faster but its always hard to redirect a freight train. CHS works with the government and things are always more complicated then they seem on the surface. This company will give you great experience and the opportunity to make the most of it. Keep a big picture perspective, work hard, and have patience.
Pros
great experience stateside and internationally
Cons
always room for improvement
Bad from the bottom up and top down
Manager (Former Employee) –  RestonJuly 10, 2012
This company sure puts on a good facade when you look at the number and types of commercial and federal contracts they win. However, the executive management staff are underqualified (worked there for 20 years and worked up the ladder), inconsistent and difficult to work with. There is a passive yawn as qualified staff rotate and exit through the revolving door. I would be very careful about joining this company - ask to speak with whom you would directly report to and speak with some mid-level managers first. HR staff great, executive staff - not so much.
Pros
you gain good experience working on commercial and federal contracts
Cons
you work with poorly trained executive staff
Cyclical work
Client Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VirginiaNovember 13, 2014
I am a CSA. I am never told how well I'm doing. The management is too hands off. See many people watching movies, you tube's or listening to music instead of working. Great place to learn about medical aspects of pre-employment hiring. Nice office with plenty of technology to get the job done. Lots of Per Diem hourly with no benefits people. Work is sometimes too busy but then too slow so inconsistent which is why they hire Per Diem. Great job for people who don't need benefits and need more flexibility with their time
Pros
nice work environment, people are nice, work interesting and helping people
Cons
low pay, work is not consistent, management too hands off, no accountability
Life at CHS
Admin Clerk for TSA (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLMay 17, 2013
A typical day at work included answer incoming calls, data entering charts, filing charts, billing pre employment exams, contacting medical facilities regarding missing documents. I learned how to lead a group of people. The hardest part of the job was when I had to tell a person that they failed the pre employment exam due to whatever the situation was. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I got a chance to travel to different states and do the exam hands on.
Pros
the benefits where excellent, open door policy forced, updated on all changes in the govt
Cons
no job stability, being cursed out by candidates
Worst Experience I have ever had
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 10, 2012
The original site manager had different hopes for the
Smyrna location. However' when I began work on my designated shift, I was informed that I was there to be a paper pusher and nothing more. I have 25 years of experience and applying a band-aid required nurse supervision.
If looking into this position I would look elsewhere. There are a select few and they will do whatever they need to do including lying to get rid of you. They do not want a medical assistant for this position, they want a secretary and then prepare yourself to be berated.
Pros
no pros at all
Cons
the entire experience
Horrible Place / Awful Upper Management
Client Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 16, 2014
When you first come on board it appears to be friendly and welcoming. But once there you can see the revolving door. The training you received was minimal. Horrible upper management. In the drug screening department it was very high school cliquish. If management didn't like you or if you spoke up for anyone you were targeted.

The human resources director even left.

Most people made it a year if they were lucky. Very unprofessional place.
benefits
Cons
management, training, work load
Toxic work environment - do not waste your time or energy
sales executivec (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 5, 2014
This small company has internal issues that are so toxic, it's amazing anything gets accomplished. They will say that they support work life balance, then frown upon any time away even taking lunch - no flexibility - no support from management. The leader/prez of this company has no morals, no values and is generally a very bad person
Pros
free coffee
Cons
toxic work environment - no support from management- unhealthy, angry people work here
non productive, unorganized, unprofessional management, all about money, does not inform staff of any thing, worst working areas ever.
RN (Former Employee) –  SATXApril 6, 2013
Lack of communication and team work. Management does what they want with out considering patient or staff outcomes. Treats staff terrible. If u like working in a place that doesnt care about employees...this is the place for You. Watch out. .. I was embarssed to be a part of this company.
Cons
unethical working condtions..
DONT WORK FOR THIS PLACE!!!
??? (Former Employee) –  san marcos txJuly 11, 2012
. Poor management ceo etc. this place wants nothing more for the patients BUT MONEY!! This place lack LOVE,GOOD PAY,FAIRNESS. TRUST. THIS PLACE BRINGS HEARTACHE IN PAIN ! WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING!! THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES LIKE DIRT!!!! PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY BEFORE APPLYING!! SOOOO MANY COMPLAINTS HAS BEEN FILED ON THIS PLACE.
Pros
they always hiring!! (red flag i wonder why)??
Cons
pretty much everthing

Comment – January 15, 2013

There will always be job openings because this is a contracting company. Contracts end, thus there will always be postings for new contracts and replacement personnel when they finish their commitments. There are always problems especially on new contracts, but remember there is more to the story than what is on the surface. Sometimes people make horrible decisions and are deceptive. With any job, do your homework, ask lots of questions, and get things in writing. Most of the employees at CHS have families, bills to pay, and have gone through really hard times. This does not undermine your personal experience but things change very quickly in the contracting world stateside and internationally, and although situations may not have been handled properly in the moment, CHS tries to improve and grow for the better.

Worked all over the US
Traveling Radiology Technolist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2015
Enjoyed working short weeks in different places of the country,
A typical day was whatever was on the schedule.
Management was very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was learning new routines.
The best part if the job was learning new routines.
Pros
Seeing different parts of the country
Cons
Co workers resented temp techs because we were paid more.
Senior Client Service Agent
Sr. Client Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 10, 2013
Review daily status breakdown reports, learned mutiple medical information from doctors, and nurses. hardest part of the job was accomodate all the needs of the IRS agents and National Park Rangers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the result of being able to help the Agents and Rangers especially at there most difficult time in the process.
this is a job that has no future
P.I.C. (Former Employee) –  central U.S.October 23, 2012
No job stabilty. Revolving door. Poor training. If management does not like you then your gone,
Great HR department but management sucks. Not a good place to futher a career. If you go to work for this company you better have a back up job . company left me high and dry and demoralized.
Cons
never know what may be coming. benifits or poor.
Great Company
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 7, 2012
Typically work with a full load
Learned to work much better under pressure
Great Management Skills
Co-Workers are great to work with
I enjoy working with my co-workers and assisting the client at all times
Pros
the experience of learning as much as possible
Cons
not being recognized for the hard work that is put forth
N/A
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  New Buffalo, MIDecember 8, 2014
I loved working with my co-workers they were awesome and so were my patients . I really liked my patients and my patients really liked me. This was a nice a easy job and really enjoyed it. Overall I liked it but it was time to move on. Our manager was located in Kentucky and we only got to see him once every quarter
a day once new onwers took over
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 15, 2015
we was always short of staff most of the time don't have things we need to take care of our patients at all we co workers would have to go get linen from basement there was times when we had to go to different units barrowing things
Pros
we as the staff work together to help one another out
Excellent nursing support staff and educational opportunites.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2016
I began my career at this hospital. I met so many wonderful people doctors, nurses, case managers, and cna's among them. They are patient, loving and it is a great opportunity for a new nurse (and seasoned nurse) to gain knowledge, confidence, and experience.