Front Desk/Billing Associate (Wallingford/Meriden)
Front Desk Billing Associate
Seasoned Front Desk Professional with superior computer and billing skills for busy orthopaedic office and physical therapy. Primary responsibilities at this desk are patient collections, reception, insurance verification, pre-certification for PT and billing. You will be cross trained in other departments, such as appointment scheduling and you will have billing responsibilities and collect patient's outstanding balances.
You will have billing office assignments when your front desk has down time. Having a strong billing background will be essential for successful collections at the front desk. Knowledge of EMR (Centricity a plus), and strong computer acuity required. You must have the kind of personality that engenders trust, and credibility. You will depend on your superb organizational and computational, and computer skills daily, and attention to detail. Above average computer skills will ensure success on this team.
This position works closely with the medical team, which consists of MA's, scribes, RT's. They depend on this team member's contribution for their efficiency, and success in caring for our patients. Clinical background very helpful and previous experience in rehab, Orthopaedics, or physical therapy will be essential. Solid EMR/PM experience required.
Our Practice seeks an experienced, energetic multi-tasker who enjoys meeting and greeting patients, and has the experience and professional background to produce perfect registrations, medical histories, and can easily review an outstanding balance and collect it. Reception Team services Orthopaedic and physical therapy teams.
Requirements: ability to work 8 hours, occasionally more. At times, you may be asked to work later and/or in another branch such as Meriden, Southington or Cheshire. An outgoing personality, math acuity, and excellent academics are a must. Spanish speaking with superb English language skills preferred. You should have had excellent grades in English and Math as well as familiarity with EMR and PM systems. Recent checkable work and character references. Background and drug testing required as well as skill set testing upon interview. Credit check also required. This is a non-smoking Campus.
1) Letter of Introduction or Cover Letter
2) Recent Updated Resume
3) Salary requirements and Salary History
**If all three are not included, your application will not be considered**
- Two successful years in a similar position or billing and collections
- Two successful years in customer or patient service
- Two years in a physician's office, preferably a surgical specialty.
- Can complete Disability and FMLA forms
- Some college or post high school matriculation - if none, Dean's list in High School considered
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Knowledge of Spanish a big plus for occasional patient translation
- Front desk and registration experience
- Knowledge of EMR and Computer based Registration
- Great personality, and enthusiasm for your work
- Car to travel to other site locations