Comprehensive Pharmacy Services Employee Reviews

Fun but busy
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSApril 28, 2017
Great compony to work for. The pay is more than fail. The most important thing about this compony is
Trainingthey train their employee very well the compony also match you 491k decenty
Pros
Good pay, Traininng
Cons
Ours per week
Worst place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 28, 2017
Such a stressful place to work at. It was ok in the beginning but it became the worst very fast plus the pay sucks. Especially dealing with certain co workers
Benefits
Cons
Co worker, manager
horrible.
IV Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Managment caused many probplems. job never secure. walking on egg shells everyday.. work load was overly excessive. confrentation was never resolved..
Productive and great place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
When University General Hospital filed Bankruptcy Foundation Surgical Hospital stepped up and paid us our 2 weeks pay even though they did not have to. The year I worked there was amazing.
Room for improvement
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2016
The biggest complaint is that the HR staff is incredibly RUDE. They talk to you with such disrespect almost to the point of contempt. They always sound bothered that you dared to communicate with them.
Horrible company !!!!! very corrupt
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 7, 2016
The worst corporate ,very corrupt ,unethical ,I WILL AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. they don't care for there employees,
Cons
Awesome company to work for with opportunity for advancement
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 21, 2016
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services has been a great company to work for. When hired as a new director of pharmacy, CPS provided 4 weeks of training to ensure I was ready for the job. After working as a DOP for several years I was afforded the opportunity to begin a mentorship program to become a Regional Manager. I had an excellent mentor and after being in the program for about a year I received a promotion to Regional Manager. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services provided all the resources I needed to be a successful DOP and now an RM.
Pros
Support, salary, resources, opportunities for advancement, job security
Horrible company! Very corrupt and don't care for their employees!
DOP (Former Employee) –  DC, DCJuly 20, 2016
The worst corporate management and HR I’ve encounter in my last 17years of clinical pharmacy practice. Very corrupt. The dunging of pharmacy profession! As a DOP, they will have you fix problems straighten up the pharmacy, then cut you loose. I’ve seen DOPs with lots of years of experience that they let go for no reasons, while keeping their corrupt incompetent individuals in the top management positions…. Perhaps that’s how the corrupt survive by using others... Very unethical. I would avoid this company at all costs!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
see below
Pharmacy Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJuly 19, 2016
Job required many hours of work (salaried) >50. Managed by CPS for Centennial Peaks. I asked for help to complete tasks and had hours for help decreased then was terminated because all tasks couldn't be completed in a timely manor.
It is a great career choice
Several (Current Employee) –  NationwideJuly 12, 2016
I have had a good career here, sure there are peaks and valleys but I have moved ahead steadily, and have worked with some incredibly talented and extremely dedicated health professionals. Working to improve pharmacies in hospitals presents challenges, Comprehensive gives you the tools to succeed, and the support to do it. Co workers are a good bunch, managers can vary but mostly are wanting to make things better. I have seen a lot of people start their careers and grow professionally and personally here. If you like making things better, this is the place to be. Downside is it can be hard to balance life and work in a hospital environment, upside is ou get to make healthcare better for patients
Pros
coworkers, opportunities, line managers
Cons
demanding schedule
Great Company, team oriented work environment with talented and valuable resource employees
Corporate Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  variousJune 26, 2016
CPS is a very structured Company who believe in their Core Values.

Each working assignment you are on the move and learning new best practice Pharmacy Innitiatives. There are so many valuable resources that CPS offers to help a professional succeed in their position so you are not alone when challenging issues arise..

The Company has alot of clinical, regulatory and leadership talent.

Am proud to be working for this organization.
Pros
Compensation and benefits are above average
Cons
Company is on the move and growing, but communications could be much better throughout the organization
Run from this company
Janitoral (Former Employee) –  Anywhere, USAJune 10, 2016
Worst group of individuals ever. I would use the term professionals, but that would be an insult to professionals. I look forward to finding out this company is either out of business or being investigated for their corrupt culture.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Horrible company! Simply put, they don't care for their employees!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
Depending on which facility you're working at, it can be a good place. But don't let this fool you and don't get trapped! This company is horrible! The management does not care one bit for its employees. Do you ever hear from them? Do they every see how you're doing or satisfied? Not at all. The HR at this company is by far the worse I have every experienced. Just really pathetic! Benefits get cut every year.
Love my fellow employees
Pharmacy Technician/Narcotics Tech (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2015
Depending on what you are assigned to do, you can be in the IV room, refilling the automatic machines on the units, dispensing narcotics or delivery medications. I have learned how to mix IV's and the different kinds of drugs that hospitals use versus retail pharmacies. . I love working with some of my fellow co-workers and the friendships that I have made.
Continuous learning environment/ facility
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 5, 2015
Flexible work place. Fast paced environment. Critical thinking skills are imperative. Excellent written and verbal communication skill are essential. Friendly fun place to work. We take pride in establishing genuine rapport with other medical staff to meet the needs of our patients.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Little or no chance of progressing and succeeding into a higher paid position
It's all about who you are.
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 5, 2015
This company does not provide a culture that keeps people interested in staying there for the long haul. Too much favoritism. Too many leaders and managers that don't have the necessary skills for their positions.
Poor Management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 30, 2015
New director of pharmacy has brought the company down. Many employees have already left this company when they were there for 5+ years.
Typical Work Day
Pyxis Technician (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 23, 2015
A lot of politics, since we are a vendor for a state agency. I have learned how to work under the umbrella of the state agency while supporting several others. Keeping all the players straight can be challenging. The most enjoyable part of my day is teaching other people, whether it is documenting procedures, training people in a one-on-one or running a training class for nursing or pharmacy personnel. I personally have a lot of responsibility and autonomy to get things done. I interact with management on an operational level, almost daily to discuss projects, schedules and equipment optimization.
Cons
short breaks, benefits aren't great
Fast paced, but great working envornment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2015
Great working environment with amazing and dedicated co-workers always ready to lend a hand. however it is very fast pasted, safety and time management is a big plus here at the hospital.
Terrible. Run away and work at burger king instead!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasMay 13, 2015
The HR department At CPS is rude and absolutely incompetent. It's awful having a company out of state being responsible for your payroll and benefits because you can never get them on the phone. Also, the insurance is expensive. They claim you will enjoy a great benefits package but that is not the case. The director at the hospital I work at is extremely incompetent as well. If there's an issue and you call him, you won't get an answer. Just ridiculous. The pharmacists are lazy, lazy, lazy.... They just sit there and verify orders that the nurses put in and try to boss you around. OH! There's such an ego issue with some of the pharmacists who've been there for a long time that I can't wait to find a different job. DONT work at St. Luke's sugar land...unless you want to want to work in chaos for minimal pay.
Pros
None. Whatsoever.
Cons
Benefits, management, pay, work atmosphere, pharmacists, workload... Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9