Comprehensive Pharmacy Services

Comprehensive Pharmacy Services Employee Reviews in United States

It is a great career choice
Several (Current Employee) –  NationwideJuly 12, 2016
I have had a good career here, sure there are peaks and valleys but I have moved ahead steadily, and have worked with some incredibly talented and extremely dedicated health professionals. Working to improve pharmacies in hospitals presents challenges, Comprehensive gives you the tools to succeed, and the support to do it. Co workers are a good bunch, managers can vary but mostly are wanting to make things better. I have seen a lot of people start their careers and grow professionally and personally here. If you like making things better, this is the place to be. Downside is it can be hard to balance life and work in a hospital environment, upside is ou get to make healthcare better for patients
Pros
coworkers, opportunities, line managers
Cons
demanding schedule
Awesome company to work for with opportunity for advancement
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 21, 2016
Comprehensive Pharmacy Services has been a great company to work for. When hired as a new director of pharmacy, CPS provided 4 weeks of training to ensure I was ready for the job. After working as a DOP for several years I was afforded the opportunity to begin a mentorship program to become a Regional Manager. I had an excellent mentor and after being in the program for about a year I received a promotion to Regional Manager. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services provided all the resources I needed to be a successful DOP and now an RM.
Pros
Support, salary, resources, opportunities for advancement, job security
Horrible company! Very corrupt and don't care for their employees!
DOP (Former Employee) –  DC, DCJuly 20, 2016
The worst corporate management and HR I’ve encounter in my last 17years of clinical pharmacy practice. Very corrupt. The dunging of pharmacy profession! As a DOP, they will have you fix problems straighten up the pharmacy, then cut you loose. I’ve seen DOPs with lots of years of experience that they let go for no reasons, while keeping their corrupt incompetent individuals in the top management positions…. Perhaps that’s how the corrupt survive by using others... Very unethical. I would avoid this company at all costs!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Horrible company! Simply put, they don't care for their employees!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 24, 2016
Depending on which facility you're working at, it can be a good place. But don't let this fool you and don't get trapped! This company is horrible! The management does not care one bit for its employees. Do you ever hear from them? Do they every see how you're doing or satisfied? Not at all. The HR at this company is by far the worse I have every experienced. Just really pathetic! Benefits get cut every year.
Terrible. Run away and work at burger king instead!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TexasMay 13, 2015
The HR department At CPS is rude and absolutely incompetent. It's awful having a company out of state being responsible for your payroll and benefits because you can never get them on the phone. Also, the insurance is expensive. They claim you will enjoy a great benefits package but that is not the case. The director at the hospital I work at is extremely incompetent as well. If there's an issue and you call him, you won't get an answer. Just ridiculous. The pharmacists are lazy, lazy, lazy.... They just sit there and verify orders that the nurses put in and try to boss you around. OH! There's such an ego issue with some of the pharmacists who've been there for a long time that I can't wait to find a different job. DONT work at St. Luke's sugar land...unless you want to want to work in chaos for minimal pay.
Pros
None. Whatsoever.
Cons
Benefits, management, pay, work atmosphere, pharmacists, workload... Everything.
Run from this company
Janitoral (Former Employee) –  Anywhere, USAJune 10, 2016
Worst group of individuals ever. I would use the term professionals, but that would be an insult to professionals. I look forward to finding out this company is either out of business or being investigated for their corrupt culture.
Pros
Nothing at all
see below
Pharmacy Director (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COJuly 19, 2016
Job required many hours of work (salaried) >50. Managed by CPS for Centennial Peaks. I asked for help to complete tasks and had hours for help decreased then was terminated because all tasks couldn't be completed in a timely manor.
It's all about who you are.
CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAOctober 5, 2015
This company does not provide a culture that keeps people interested in staying there for the long haul. Too much favoritism. Too many leaders and managers that don't have the necessary skills for their positions.
Love my fellow employees
Pharmacy Technician/Narcotics Tech (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 17, 2015
Depending on what you are assigned to do, you can be in the IV room, refilling the automatic machines on the units, dispensing narcotics or delivery medications. I have learned how to mix IV's and the different kinds of drugs that hospitals use versus retail pharmacies. . I love working with some of my fellow co-workers and the friendships that I have made.
Fast paced, but great working envornment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 15, 2015
Great working environment with amazing and dedicated co-workers always ready to lend a hand. however it is very fast pasted, safety and time management is a big plus here at the hospital.
Hightly Analytical, review workfolow processes, write policies and procedures, Insure State and Federal Compliance
Corporate Director of Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2013
A typical week start on a plane and ends coming home on a plane.
Co-workers have to be trained by me.
Upper management at accounts are very supportive.
Hardest part of my job is staff management. Reviewing job descriptions and changing staff duties or accessing their suitability of their jobs. Change is hard for most people.
Enjoyable part of job is meeting new people all over the country.
Pros
interface with many hospital ceo, s
Cons
travel 100%
the summary isnthe truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!!!
guess (Former Employee) –  bostonApril 8, 2014
working for this company is the worst mistake a pharmacist can
make.it is poorly run and the management is awful and do not care about the staff.however if you want to experience hot fires of hell work there. the management will eat you up and the spit you out, and then throw you out into the street,

i am one of the few that left on my own 2 feet
Pros
Cons
pay, working conditions, disrespect and threats of termination daily.
Horrible company, don't waste your time
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 4, 2013
Management is unprofessional and rude. They will tell you what they want to hear to get you hired, then, change everything once hired. They don't have the resources they say they do. Unethical, uneducated and very frustrating to work with. They will have you fix problems and straighten a pharmacy up, then cut you loose. I would avoid this company at all costs!! Good luck in your job search.
Pros
you only have to see your unethical, worthless supervisor/boss every once in a while
Cons
too many to list
productive fast paced work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 1, 2013
The work was fast paced. I learned many necessary skills that I can carry over to other jobs. The Management was great and very staff oriented. All the co-workers were great and always willing to help others. The hardest part of the job was the work load, but it was very rewarding. I enjoyed all the people I met and the skills that I learned to carry over to the workforce.
Pros
great management, and employees, learned alot
Cons
short breaks due to high work load
horrible place
No comment (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azJuly 21, 2014
This place is very horrible I am surprised they passed inspection. There is no management there the nurse manager has the power to fire techs. It's a small dirty room where you are working at. Waist of time no future there. My suggestion is get experience there and leave while this place still has the contract with valley hospital.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no future and boring
Bad management and limited resources
In pharmacy dept (Former Employee) –  ChicagoApril 24, 2014
This company doesn't have all the resources they say they do. The management is poor. They don't really care to give direction . They manage by email so they can stay in their office. You may see them once or twice a year. On the plus side it's a nice work like balance and pay is ok.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
poor management style
Great Company to work for.
Manager of Operations and Logistics (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at our pharmacy distribution center was very fast paced and never the same two days in a row. That is what I enjoyed most about my position that it was continually challenging me and my skills. It required me to be better and grow with the company to manage change while maintaining employee moral.

2.5