ComPsych

ComPsych Employer Reviews

I make nutrition and health exciting with lunch & learn sessions
Professional Speaker (Current Employee), WashingtonSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: i get to reach large audiences
Cons: the work is not consistent
This is an energizing position. I receive the opportunity to reach large audiences with inspiring, motivational messages on how to make nutrition, fitness and wellness more achievable. I provide a personalized presentation and help audience members find ways to make wellness more easily attainable in daily life.
Flexibility and Diversity
Back-Up Specialist (Former Employee), Horn Lake, MSAugust 25, 2014
I really enjoyed being part of the company management provided useful guides to give to employees they worked with my schedule
A decent place to start, but not to stay
Leave of Absence Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago ILAugust 10, 2014
In fairness, ComPsych was willing to hire me during a recession when no one else would. At the same time, upper management seems to have made a conscious decision to pay multiple standard deviations below industry average, which produces exactly the staffing volatility and management challenges you would expect.
Great for Entry-Level but not a good career place
FMLA Representative / Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, location, good entry level to build experience and move on
Cons: too much micro-management, unqualified managers, no job security or growth opportunities
Call center type of environment so there is a lot of micro-managing and unrealistic expectations. During my time here, the management team was not the most approachable or qualifying group of people. The employee's knew more of the department's field than the managers or leads. Very little room for advancement, most of us were entry-level grads and those that did advance were folks that were sheep and not leaders. If you try to challenge policies or make a suggestions you would either be termed or demoted. Despite the lack of good management the co-workers were the best part of the job and why I managed to stick around for so long since they were very friendly and supportive. I must say that starting here after graduating did help boost my experience in the HR field and build a stronger resume. Best part was the location, which was next to Michigan Ave which made it a spot for happy hours, shopping and dinning.
Productive and great environment to work within
FMLA Claims Processor (Current Employee), Ft. LauderdaleAugust 19, 2013
Great environment. Love the fact that task are given at the beginning of the am.