ComPsych Employee Reviews in United States

Work environment is nice, but the pay does not match the stress level
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 26, 2015
Working at Compsych was a great experience. They provide you with Bagel on every other Friday and Fresh fruit on the opposite Friday. My Co-workers were friendly and always willing to help.
Pros
Bonus are easy to obtain
Cons
My team lead does not practice positive reinforcement.
Solid place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
Meaningful work -- counseling services, wellness and leave management, as when a person has to take off for FMLA, etc. The work can be challenging at times, but it helps to know that you can directly or indirectly have a positive impact on someone.

There have definitely been some growing pains in the few years I've been here. A couple of departments in particular have gone through a lot of changes and that has caused turnover. They are working to make things better. And my coworkers are great.
Pros
Bagels and fruit, free snacks, good location, remodeled office space, young culture
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Great environment to work and Great opportunities for advancement
FMLA Specialist Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2015
I absolutely love going to work. I have been here less than a year and have already moved three levels in my position. We are well trained and management gives clear focus on goals and expectations. Yet, they provide positive feedback and fosters a positive work environment.

The pay is alright for entry level work. The job is very detail oriented so the hiring process can be tedious but necessary.

Work life balance is great. If weekends are needed, you can volunteer but not required.

The employees are friendly and helpful when assisting each other.
Pros
Employees, Location, healthy snacks
Cons
health care packages
People are nice. Processes and procedurs are antiquated. They have snacks!
Administration/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2014
The people are nice to work with however management is cheap and have old school ways of thinking.
I make nutrition and health exciting with lunch & learn sessions
Professional Speaker (Current Employee) –  WashingtonSeptember 19, 2014
This is an energizing position. I receive the opportunity to reach large audiences with inspiring, motivational messages on how to make nutrition, fitness and wellness more achievable. I provide a personalized presentation and help audience members find ways to make wellness more easily attainable in daily life.
Pros
i get to reach large audiences
Cons
the work is not consistent
Flexibility and Diversity
Back-Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSAugust 25, 2014
I really enjoyed being part of the company management provided useful guides to give to employees they worked with my schedule
A decent place to start, but not to stay
Leave of Absence Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILAugust 10, 2014
In fairness, ComPsych was willing to hire me during a recession when no one else would. At the same time, upper management seems to have made a conscious decision to pay multiple standard deviations below industry average, which produces exactly the staffing volatility and management challenges you would expect.
Great for Entry-Level but not a good career place
FMLA Representative / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2014
Call center type of environment so there is a lot of micro-managing and unrealistic expectations. During my time here, the management team was not the most approachable or qualifying group of people. The employee's knew more of the department's field than the managers or leads. Very little room for advancement, most of us were entry-level grads and those that did advance were folks that were sheep and not leaders. If you try to challenge policies or make a suggestions you would either be termed or demoted. Despite the lack of good management the co-workers were the best part of the job and why I managed to stick around for so long since they were very friendly and supportive. I must say that starting here after graduating did help boost my experience in the HR field and build a stronger resume. Best part was the location, which was next to Michigan Ave which made it a spot for happy hours, shopping and dinning.
Pros
co-workers, location, good entry level to build experience and move on
Cons
too much micro-management, unqualified managers, no job security or growth opportunities
Productive and great environment to work within
FMLA Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Ft. LauderdaleAugust 19, 2013
Great environment. Love the fact that task are given at the beginning of the am.