COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employer Reviews

I enjoy serving the students lunch and making sure that they have a healthy meal.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Compton, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch for all the students
Cons: classified employees get only 4 to 6 hours a day.
A typical day at work is going into the cafeteria, reading the production sheet or menu for the day. And my co-workers and I would begin to prepare the meal for that day. The manager is aware of what is going on in her cafeteria and is always professional with the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to organize and prioritize – more... multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. – less
ASES Program Leader
A.S.E.S Program Leader (Current Employee), Compton, CAMarch 24, 2014
A part time job working with middle school children after school. the program leaders assist with academic tutoring and provide effective enrichment and safety for the children.
Productive Job Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Compton CaMarch 10, 2014
Working in the Risk Management and Payroll Department showed all sort of new and easier ways of organizing and handling paperwork.
Great teaching experience
Program Leader (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 7, 2014
• Worked as an Afterschool Program Coordinator and taught third grade kids.
• Taught general subjects including reading, writing, math, arts, and language enrichment.
fun work place with nice break room
Special Education and Traditional Student Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits companionship with co-workers
Cons: to much playing in classroom, not enough teaching
A typical day at work consisted of assisting the teacher I was assigned to help through the day by any means necessary.For example putting work assingments on board,playing with kids taking them to bathroom and lunch.We, were also were responsible for our individual kids with motor difficulties.The hardest part of job was getting all the kids to stay – more... on the same page for the whole school day.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping achild with their reading,math English or history and them thanking you. – less
I love working with children
Health Assistant (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: working with the children and gaining customer service skills.
Cons: low pay and part time position.
I loved working for Compton Unifeid School District. I wish I could have stayed ther forever. the pay was not enough to sustain me.
Great time management experience
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Compton, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: oracle owb and the etl experience
Spent 90% of the day monitoring and fixing existing problems.
Worked close with clients to create a better database.

I also spent a lot of time auditing tables.

The most enjoyable part of the contract was my experience with new oracle tools. I'm always excited about learning.
ok place to work
Plant Worker (Former Employee), Compton, CANovember 29, 2013
pick up on the campus remove writing on the walls of school clean rest rooms paint rest room clean class rooms mop floors waxs and strip floors set up for events etc
A big yard for the kids to play.
Special Education and Traditional Student Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: microwave and break room for staff.
Cons: shortbreaks, paychecks once a month.
A typical day at work was myself helping the teacher maintain their classroom for seven hours a day.What I learned from my co-workers is that most of them was just their for a pay check and not to help the children.I think the hardest part of the job was being in sync with the teacher daily.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a student achieve – more... a goal others doubted them on. – less
Educational and Busy
College Intern/Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Compton, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, being able to have early days.
Cons: downtime.
A typical day would be assisting the educators with the school year's curriculum for teachers. My co-workers were very nice and pleasant people to be around.
Cafeteria Worker (Sub) (Current Employee), Compton, CAJuly 18, 2013
A typical day at work is very productive. You get a chance to work with kids of different ethnicities. My co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is making sure that every child has everything there is on the menu to eat. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is satisfied and happy.
we had a good team of workers
custodian 1 (Former Employee), Compton, CAJune 26, 2013
Pros: i love bringing my own launch
Cons: would have been better working nights
had fun working at the school,loved the kids and some staff, I liked the fact it didn't have that much graffiti in the rest rooms
The area was bad & the management was biased.
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: the pay was good.
Cons: management was bad. the area was bad. the parents of students were hard to communicate with.
Compton Unified is not a good place to work. The students were very difficult. The principal was biased. The district was unfair.
Excellent personnel to work with.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee), Compton, CAMay 7, 2013
Pros: short hours, great students
Cons: lack of benefits
Productive fun enviorment to work. Students were excellent.
Great Students and Athletes
Teacher/Head Coach (Former Employee), Compton, CaliforniaMay 1, 2013
At times adminitrations, seemed to hinder the educational process. I am sure the demands of the State had much to do with it but the inconsistant behavior was difficult at times.
I enjoy working with my staff
Food Services Supervisor II (Current Employee), Compton CA.April 29, 2013
Pros: being around people
Cons: no room for growth
The benefit package is decent, the culture is challenging, I don't know about job security.

My day starts at 6:00a.m., I open a school cafateria and begin to set up the computer for breakfast. Make sure the production sheets are correct for the week.

I learned how the school system works.

the hardest part of my job is coming to work and knowing I – more... can't advance anywere with three degrees!

I enjoy being around people! – less
very rewarding position.
NOON DUTY AIDE (Former Employee), Compton, CAApril 24, 2013
Love working with team players and loved the look on peoples faces when you help them, very rewarding.
Fustrating and Stressful environment
Clerk Typist III & Records Clerk (Former Employee), Compton, CAApril 11, 2013
Pros: good pay if hired permanently
You will only get a permanent job if you are a family member or if you know someone.
Productive company
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 27, 2013
Daily I repair plumbing for residential and commercial companies.
Productive and people are open to new ideas
Program leader (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 8, 2013
All staff members who directly supervise pupils must meet the minimum qualifications, hiring requirements, and procedures for an instructional aide in the school district. School site principals approve site supervisors for the after school program and ensure that the program maintains a pupil-to-staff member ratio of no more than 20 to 1.