COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Job security is good
Curriculum Specialist (Current Employee), Compton, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: Lack of progress
Typical work day involves assisting and training teachers on more effective teaching pedagogy. It also involves designing professional development for teahcers
Excellent
Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Open to change
Cons: pay was not competitive
Excellent enviroment for implementing change and new programs. Promoted from teacher to reading specialist after one year of teaching here. Excellent opportunity to grow and learn.
ASES Program Leader
ASES (Current Employee), Compton, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: kids are always a joy
Cons: management is horrible
Alot of work and poor support. They expect you to volunteer to fix your classroom according to your theme, but only pay you 3.5 hours aday
Productive day at work
High School AVID Tutor (Current Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 3, 2015
A typical day as a tutor in the AVID Program is daily being in contact with children of high school age (9-12 grade). Our main focus is to help the children excel and make it to college having great skills and knowledge to help them succeed as a college student on their own. Usually both you and your co-workers are operating in the same capacity four to seven co-workers in one setting never more. The hardest part of the job is seeing the children leave, but in the same sense it is the best part of the job because they are leaving on to a great future and you had something to do with it.
No stability regarding rules and regulations and not very fair to employees and their needs. Educating the children was not top priority to managemen
Payroll Clerk 3 (Former Employee), Compton, CADecember 4, 2014
A typical day at work was mundane, answering phones, assisting employees and non employees with various issues, not very challenging at all. I learned the ins and outs of the district as a whole and how the children are really suffering due to lack of funds or funds actually being used for the children's education.
Management was awful, solely looking out for themselves and not taking under consideration the classified employees needs and well being.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance along with not being allowed the opportunity to attend various work shops which i felt the district was not interested in the success of the office staff
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that i did meet and the relationships i built because my being an employee.
It is an exciting and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Compton, CAOctober 3, 2014
Working with this company there was never a dull moment. I enjoyed helping others.
This is wher it all started 25 years ago and I would not change a thing.
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: workshops and conferences for self-improvement
Cons: cenrters closed
Twenty-five years ago this is where I realized that teaching was for me.I started out as a aide and from there one the sky was the limit. I was a new mom at the time and this also helped me to develop not only as a teacher but a mom.

I learned never to settle but to always look for self growth and advancement.

Co-workers nice and friendly.
Hardest was leaving
Enjoyable part was getting the best experience a new teacher and experiences that will last forever.
Great ATMOSPHERE
Program Leader (Current Employee), Compton, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: training is fun
Cons: bad management
Love the after school program-ASES. But unfortunately don't have any good things to say about management!
They place you at other school sites without notice when youve built relationships with the children at another site.Your request for supplies may be denied!!
Over ALL loved working with the children
but if youre looking for supportive management-----Keep job searching
Loved My Site Coordinator
I' m rating this company overall with 5 Stars- each aspect is "great"
SecondaryTeacher of English (Current Employee), Compton, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch, this supplemental educational services.
Cons: student health plan, environmental problems
It' s turning itself from " Good " to " Great" .

More teachers, staff, and administrators are working harder.

Students are getting more motivated.

That truly we can improve the district, and schools if "united we stand". To Sync with every segment of the school is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is reaping the " Harvest" -Student Success
Its a fun place to work.
Special ed instructional assistant (Current Employee), Compton, CAJune 30, 2014
I love working in a diverse setting. Every single day is an adventure and always something very different.
I enjoy serving the students lunch and making sure that they have a healthy meal.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Compton, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch for all the students
Cons: classified employees get only 4 to 6 hours a day.
A typical day at work is going into the cafeteria, reading the production sheet or menu for the day. And my co-workers and I would begin to prepare the meal for that day. The manager is aware of what is going on in her cafeteria and is always professional with the staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
ASES Program Leader
A.S.E.S Program Leader (Current Employee), Compton, CAMarch 24, 2014
A part time job working with middle school children after school. the program leaders assist with academic tutoring and provide effective enrichment and safety for the children.
Productive Job Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Compton CaMarch 10, 2014
Working in the Risk Management and Payroll Department showed all sort of new and easier ways of organizing and handling paperwork.
Great teaching experience
Program Leader (Former Employee), Compton, CAMarch 7, 2014
• Worked as an Afterschool Program Coordinator and taught third grade kids.
• Taught general subjects including reading, writing, math, arts, and language enrichment.
fun work place with nice break room
Special Education and Traditional Student Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: benefits companionship with co-workers
Cons: to much playing in classroom, not enough teaching
A typical day at work consisted of assisting the teacher I was assigned to help through the day by any means necessary.For example putting work assingments on board,playing with kids taking them to bathroom and lunch.We, were also were responsible for our individual kids with motor difficulties.The hardest part of job was getting all the kids to stay on the same page for the whole school day.The most enjoyable part of the job was helping achild with their reading,math English or history and them thanking you.
I love working with children
Health Assistant (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: working with the children and gaining customer service skills.
Cons: low pay and part time position.
I loved working for Compton Unifeid School District. I wish I could have stayed ther forever. the pay was not enough to sustain me.
Great time management experience
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee), Compton, CADecember 3, 2013
Pros: oracle owb and the etl experience
Spent 90% of the day monitoring and fixing existing problems.
Worked close with clients to create a better database.

I also spent a lot of time auditing tables.

The most enjoyable part of the contract was my experience with new oracle tools. I'm always excited about learning.
ok place to work
Plant Worker (Former Employee), Compton, CANovember 29, 2013
pick up on the campus remove writing on the walls of school clean rest rooms paint rest room clean class rooms mop floors waxs and strip floors set up for events etc
A big yard for the kids to play.
Special Education and Traditional Student Teacher (Former Employee), Compton, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: microwave and break room for staff.
Cons: shortbreaks, paychecks once a month.
A typical day at work was myself helping the teacher maintain their classroom for seven hours a day.What I learned from my co-workers is that most of them was just their for a pay check and not to help the children.I think the hardest part of the job was being in sync with the teacher daily.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a student achieve a goal others doubted them on.
Educational and Busy
College Intern/Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Compton, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, being able to have early days.
Cons: downtime.
A typical day would be assisting the educators with the school year's curriculum for teachers. My co-workers were very nice and pleasant people to be around.

COMPTON UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Salaries