CompuCom Employee Reviews in United States

Dead end job
Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJMarch 1, 2016
The issue with Compucom is that it is a dead job. There is very little room for advancement in regards to position/job title. Raises are very few and far between. Employees have gone several years without a raise. Some good technical repair knowledge is obtainable due to the large amount of varied work available. Most of the leadership is very poor at actually leading (no forethought, non-motivational, non-articulate). Co-workers and the physical work are fine, it's lack of any advancement and seemingly "don't care" attitude of the management that makes it frustrating and agonizing to work every day.
Pros
Generally awesome co-workers
Cons
no raises, no advancement, poor leadership
Extremely Poor Company
Lab Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 11, 2016
Having worked for several agencies, this one was by far the worst. In all aspects they showed no respect for the employee and their benefits were of no help to me.

Typical day was trying to circumvent the company's never ending need to fill in forms which would involve interacting with their unbelievably poor web portals (yes plural)

I learned nothing from this contract. Only new ways to get around their needs to micromanage at the cost of productivity.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.

I would strongly recommend steering clear of this company.
Pros
Cons
Any you could imagine
not that great
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2015
this company does not give raises. the help desk is pretty much a life sentence. they're consistently guilty of Office favoritism. there are little to no chances for Promotion, as somebody either has to leave the company, or die in order for you to advance. there are no annual reviews, and your manager can decide whether or not your are capable of switching teams, if your not satisfied with your current contract here; he/she can stop you from switching. If you try to apply for a different position in the company, or an escalated position in the company, Your manager can (And will) stop you from gaining it, if they so choose. There are people here who have been here for two years, good technicians who aren't on a Pip, or on any form of disciplinary action, and they're stuck at Help desk level 1.
Pros
A paycheck, and great people
Cons
No raises, management is loose, office favortism, no promotions, manager can hault you from ever advancing if they cant afford to lose people on the contract, or they dont feel obligated to advance you.
Enjoyed 13.5 years at CompuCom.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 9, 2016
CompuCom allowed me to flourish in the direction I wanted to take my career. I moved up in the company quickly and enjoyed the people and atmosphere.
Pros
Worked remote from home.
Cons
Health benefits could have been better.
a decent company to work for
Windows Server Admin (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 28, 2016
So far they have been good to work for. Raises are slow, but they tend to be good about letting you take time if you need it. Local management is good, but there is much to be desired after that. They are good to get your foot in the door, but I wouldn't stay long.
A mess of a Company
Program Mngmt Team Lead & Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 29, 2016
Pay and benefits were good. Got to work from home when I needed to. Management is clueless. There's no formal training. Just a figure it out attitude.
I could do better, so I did...
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Writing this review years later so maybe things have changed but I have no clue.

Started off good but ended when I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't really know the details but our help desk went from IT support to full on Customer Service. Massive amount of added work but no additional compensation. At the time they would find any reason possible not to give you a pay increase. I'll leave it at that because I was grateful for the opportunity when I was hired.

Last I heard the office where I worked was closed.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Below average salary
Great company
SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Great company to work for if you're looking to move forward with your experience in IT.
Great work setting, everyone is friendly to each other
Management is easy to talk to
Pros
PTO, Pay, Hours, Benefits
Cons
Repetetive
Clueless management
Desktop support analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 23, 2015
On site at the client site and senior leadership has no clue about the account on a day to day basis. Raises are non existant for 5 years now and team leads and managers are usually external hires. The salary is way below industry standards for techs with certs. Client complains about high turnover yet with the low pay and any good tech ends up leaving. No one should be shocked by this yet senior management is. There is a lot of local management turnover for absurd reasons. We had a manager removed off the account because the client saw too many empty boxes in the pic receiving room. We get over 100 boxes per day and short staffed it's impossible to kee up. Local management brought this up often and instead of getting help they were shown the door by Compucom. Most likely to save face and try to keep a severely difficult client. No senior management backup at all. You tend to feel like you are on an island.
Pros
Training and certs, decent local management
Cons
No raises, No advancement, very weak senior management
Bid too low and then slam the workers
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 23, 2015
Never have money for staff to handle big projects, but always promising the world to clients.

No loyalty to employees, you are on your own and have to fight for every scrap you get.

Important technical and security information reported by staff is ignored by management to save time and money.

There are a lot of great people working in a terrible company, it is too bad.
Pros
It's a living, and a mildly intelligent person will seem as a god in that company
Cons
No raises in 5 years while upper management wins Ipads for his good work, announced to all of the staff over email!
Compuclown
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
Absolutely terrible. Lack of communication between managers and project managers. Oversell the services of their technicians, unrealistic deadlines, field technicians are blamed for the mistakes and faults of management. Local Onsite Delivery Manager in Virginia has no clue how to structure things. Tickets are juggled from one technician to another, and technicians wind up inheriting half completed assignments (and other technicians mistakes).

Cant wait to find something else. Terrible company.
Pros
Ability to obtain technical certifications
Cons
Low pay, no raises, unrealistic deadlines. Pathetic management, too many other cons to list
CompuCom
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2015
No more Job Security Guaranty There have been no pay raises or cost of living increases for the workers in many, many years" (in 19 reviews)

"No raises in over 5 years treated as a non employee but expected to act like an employee
Upper management has no regard for people who staff the phones
Lack of communication from executive mgmt
Pros
Cons
no raise and loosing funds
Ok if you want to gain experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 26, 2015
When I started working for CompuCom all was well. Had a company van, gas card, and credit card for emergency use. I got to know much of the new state I had recently moved to due to the traveling. The pay was not that good considering other companies paid more for the same type of work. All was well until there were some changes made. Van and credit cards were taken away and I had to use my personal vehicle and pay for gas. Management kept changing every 6 months and everything else went downhill from there. I was promised a raise and even signed a form to get it. Fought with HR and never got my raise. Eventually I was laid off after a year of good well done hard work from me. Company was only good to gain experience but does not look stable. Would not recommend anyone with experience to apply there.
Pros
experience, travel
Cons
low pay, unstable management, constant changes
Intelligent work environment with a diverse culture
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 25, 2016
A great place to start a career and build experience in the filed. Management is friendly and promotes very good teamwork. GE is place of innovation and culture. New ideas are being created with a diverse group of people. It was a good mixture of fun and business. The customers I helped were very polite for the most part and seemed to always appreciate the help they were receiving.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Ability to advance
Too much to do, not enough to do it with
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Handle a variety of clients to work on different types of equipment for registers to printer, pc's to laptops and servers to routers. All the techs work from home as we don't have a local office so we also are able to cover a wide area. we have a lot of different tools we can use for support our clients and we have a lot of chances for training for certifications which is a requirement so we are pushed to do better. the best part of the job is always learning something new.
Pros
Benifits are pretty good
Cons
No advancement, no raises, work expectation unreasonable
Vision Service Plan
Service Delivery Program Executive (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 18, 2015
Service Transition, Service Now Implementation, Continual Improvement, P& L management, Global Support, Great environment.
Pros
Proximity
Benefits
CompuCom Review
SERVICE DESK MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2015
Job culture is great at my location
Co-workers are fun and good at their jobs
Upper management are terrible and not grounded in reality
Large Corporation that does not care about their employees in any way (low salaries, high turnover, bad benifits)
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
pay, management style, corporate management
It's a Warehouse Job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMarch 30, 2016
They get you hooked in with flashy lines like "IT Solutions Provider," and "we work with computers." But you are a warehouse worker, and nothing more than a manual laborer that can be replaced at any time. Good for the company, not so good for the worker. Limited opportunities for advancements paired with an even limited amount of management skills from the management staff.The pay is uneven, even among the lowest levels. The seasoned workers make less than the new hires. At the end of the day, you get a paycheck.
Pros
Cons
Minimal breaks, the healthcare, Management
poorly managed company with no loyalty to the employees
Field Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 27, 2015
I originally started employment with this company on a contract to hire position, 90 days to full time employment. I have been employed now as a temporary contractor for over a year, and am only told all hiring for the field has been placed on indefinite hold. This company has given employees with 29 years service only two days notice of termination due to reduction in force policies, only to hire twice as many as were laid off two months prior. The executive management is out of touch with the workings of the ground level of the company. It was bought by a group of investors a couple years back and is now run like a spreadsheet and little to no regard is provided to the customer's actual needs or the field techs that interface with the clients on a daily basis. Instead, they are incessantly look for new ways to deduct costs from the bottom line by chipping away at the way we submit our hours and reimbursement for compensation. They are unethical and full of empty promises which are never fulfilled due to constantly shifting priorities and lack of vision.
Would not recommend
Project Support (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 9, 2015
They pay you, that is about the only good thing i can say, i got my paycheck every two weeks. The management structure is atrocious, i have literally never witnessed a less caring management team. I was almost surprised that they knew my name. the benefits were the absolute worse. they literally took 2 dollars an hour from my pay and 45 dollar from my paycheck everytime. Absolutely ridiculous
Pros
paychecks
Cons
no benefits, unless they want to take half your paycheck everytime