CompuCom Employee Reviews

Fun work
Help desk analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
This was a great place to work at. We supported Deutsche Bank bank with applications. It was busy due to calls from around the world with trading applications. Most calls range from basic password reset to more complex application were remote access is done and one goes to the client's computer either to install or uninstall applications and troubleshoot to find quick solutions. In some cases some issues are not able to be resolved using remote access, technicians are sent to the locations when it is a hardware problem. It was fun and i loved the job.
stressful environment
Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2017
CompuCom can be a great place to work; however, the other workers were immature and always out to ruin the chances of other employees staying hired on.
Pros
will work with your schedule
Cons
immature environment
Mediocre for the Short Term
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 18, 2017
I tried my best to come up with positives about this company, but I just could not do it.

They stretch their management, which trickles down, leading to high workloads, and no compensation.... which is creating an everlasting high turnover rate.

People are being asking to work outside of their role (doing the work of multiple employees) for extended periods of time, with no end in sight, and without compensation.

There are no bonuses. There is no path to career advancement. The company is slowly losing the wind in it's sails.

The healthcare got better from what I've heard, but it's nothing fantastic... just on-par.

I give CompuCom a 2/5 overall because they've allowed me to work remotely, somehow.
Great Management Team
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLMay 17, 2017
My typical day to day activities involves working 3rd Party vendors to clean up existing open cases and work with logistics to complete open part requests.
Pros
Great Managment, easy work environment
Cons
No growth, national pay scale is at the lowest.
Average
Project Manager, Sr Business & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
CompuCom is in the process of reinventing itself. The new corporate headquarters moved from Texas to North Carolina and so did may of its positions...
Great company reduced to just good.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2017
Compucom was an excellent company to work for until they decided to go public. In the ensuing years they have continued to chase the almighty dollar and not support the customer or technician so much as the shareholder. Overall a decent company to work for but not one someone is going to become loyal to.
A disconnect between employees and management
Level 2 Technician / Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 17, 2017
I've worked for Compucom for about 1 year. My colleagues are pleasant to work with and are very understanding. Although job culture is satisfactory, our communication with upper management was lacking. Also, for a job in IT or logistics, we always make exceptions and go the extra mile to get the job done. This is fine, however it seems to have made our work deadline close to only manageable, given how many orders are placed throughout a weekly basis. We have policies, but decide to not follow them anyway, which I do not agree with. Our resource manager is basically nonexistent and not at all helpful to employees seeking administrative assistance. I do not recommend working for Compucom.
Pros
Colleagues, environment
bring your work everwhere
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 16, 2017
You wake up, look at your phone, got cases? go do them, you don't? good luck trying to prove to management you are worth keeping around.

It's great when you are busy, but the downtime can get dull.
compucom
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMay 16, 2017
I never met anybody from management. Everything is done online, no teaching you how to do anything. This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. They would send me out to repair computers that I had never seen before. Most times I didn't even know what I was going to the stores to repair.
Cons
no breaks, you drive every day, Some times up to 6 hours away from home then you fixed the machines then drive back home.
Management is very poor with communication, HR department is not really reliable
Analyst IT (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 16, 2017
Employees are not getting paid well enough for the amount of time and work they are giving to CompuCom. Management is very poor, when expressed that moral needs a boost, they did not try to work on that for the team. They keep their favorite employees who can cause a large impact of drama and because of that, it creates stress in the work environment. There is no room for growth, if you have worked for this company for 1+ years, they do not give you a raise or bonus whatsoever. Health benefits do not even benefit at all. With the amount they are deducting from your paycheck, it's not worth working for Compucom.
Pros
flexible, customer interaction
Cons
management, communication, health benefits, favoritism

Want to know more about CompuCom?

Ask a question
fun
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJMay 16, 2017
we had ping-pong and Foosball tables in the break room, we also had to install hardware and software in fifteen computers a day, but the people there made it so fun to go to work.
IT Outsourcing Company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2017
Since I was placed on client's site I do not have much to say about Compucom. I never had a chance to visit the main office in Dallas.
My job was eliminated due to client's internal restructure.
Pros
Working independently
Temp hire experience
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 11, 2017
Hired as a temp. typical day meet up talk about open work orders split up, then called last minute to cover projects in other areas. Learn about Line of Business, printer repair, On Job Training is lacking.
Pros
free lunches, the leads care about the people
Cons
mismanaged & micromanaged. Not enough equipment for employees.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 10, 2017
A relaxed atmosphere and coworkers eager to make an impact. I learned more about the IT Data Center through research and meeting with engineers. I really enjoyed producing documentation.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Reorgs
Fun Place to Work
Level III Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 10, 2017
I Like working here It is at Intel, Love my Job. I work in Information Technology Services. I help users out to solve their computer issues in a timely manner
No Raise ever
Help Desk Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 9, 2017
Compucom has problem, they do not give any raises.
I worked there for 4 years, and I got not even a penny during those years. Mot enough training for employees moving to a new account.
You are on your own!
Not the worst job, but plenty of room for improvement.
Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 4, 2017
CompuCom needs to expand its vision in order to bring a more competitive portfolio of services to market in order to remain relevant in a dynamic workspace.
Pros
Good compensation and bonus package.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, lack of vision.
a non-local employer
contract IT technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 2, 2017
CompuCom's staff was hard-working. They placed me at a good company. I waited too long to start to work, however, and the experience was impersonal since there was no face-to-face communication with their team.
Reputable
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 2, 2017
Compucom is a reputable company to work for. My supervisor is great and works with his employees if there are issues they need to take care of in their personal lives. I do feel that having been doing this job and how reputable compucom is that Service Desk Analyst should be paid more for what they have to endure from clients and the rules and guidelines that must be followed. We have an SLA that must be meet which that I understand however because of our guidelines that we now have to follow when doing backlog it up 10 minutes on each ticket. The guidelines are redundant which should not be. But over all the people I work with are GREAT.
I said hey what's going on
IT Contractor (Current Employee) –  CompuComApril 30, 2017
Welcome to the new normal. What kind of country can we have when everyone is a contractor? #Trump2016 is the cry of the dispossessed. Ask for the W2 when the recruiter calls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8