CompuCom Employee Reviews in United States

Work with a great team and enjoyable work environment
Deskside Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 16, 2016
I have worked at Honda for close to 10 years. I started originally moving boxes in the warehouse and have worked my way up to IT Support Coordinator. Seems I may have reached a point where growth may no longer be available and I am not being challenged enough. This position has given me the opportunity to become a leader for my support team across the US and has also given me the ability to learn how to provide great customer/end user support. I have worked with my team for the majority of my time here at Honda. They are not only co-workers but also good friend. I am very lucky to have such a great team of dedicated people. The part of this job that provides the most satisfaction to me is the ability to provide great service and surpass customer/end user expectations.
Pros
Close to home, Hour lunch, Cafeteria on site
Extremely Poor Company
Lab Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 11, 2016
Having worked for several agencies, this one was by far the worst. In all aspects they showed no respect for the employee and their benefits were of no help to me.

Typical day was trying to circumvent the company's never ending need to fill in forms which would involve interacting with their unbelievably poor web portals (yes plural)

I learned nothing from this contract. Only new ways to get around their needs to micromanage at the cost of productivity.

The hardest part of the job was trying to do my job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.

I would strongly recommend steering clear of this company.
Pros
Cons
Any you could imagine
Worst company to work for
Desktop Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 2, 2016
Bad management and over time isn't allowed and even when you happen to work overtime you don't even get paid for it. Your job is never secured because they are obligated to layoff a certain amount of employees a year.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Was hoping for more
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 18, 2016
I was really excited when I was hired with CompuCom back in October. It was a company I felt I could grow with and learn from but a few short months in it was announced that the help desk would be moved to another state.
Pros
Experience for resume
Cons
Help desk moving out of state
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 2, 2016
It seems like this company is always on a tight budget. I have not seen anyone get a raise the whole time i worked here. In order to get more money, you either have to change jobs or learn a new skill.
Pros
collegues are great to work with
Cons
management dont seem to want to hear employees concerns.
Poor company to work for.
DTU Time and Materials Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 25, 2016
Raises are non-existent
Management Team is sub-par.
No attention to detail
Employee retention is poor
Employee moral is poor
Training is baptism by fire
Don't work for CompuCom if you can help it.
Pros
decent PTO
Cons
everything else
Resources
Project Team Lead / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 13, 2016
I don't want to say anything negative here but the company on this project and previous projects were not laid out in detail. Upper management didn't understand the complexity and possible outcome of the project.
Pros
Long Term
Cons
Temporary
Don't do it!
Level 3 - Lead Area Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 9, 2016
I would not work for this company again at this point in time in my life. The choices that upper management make continue to hurt the company as a whole. They are never about retaining talent and have lost tons of great contract do to lack of deliverance.
Very reliable on call resolving incidents. Recongnised on Ameriprise Chairman award. Performed Decomission with no down time and saved company money.
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2016
Learned new technologies, good management review, good people to work with. Hardest part is communicating with Mexico team in Spanish. Everyday is a different challenge.
Pros
Flexible to work and self motivation.
Cons
On call every day with no break.
Out-Going environment, entertaining atmosphere also not fair at the same time.
SUPPORT1/REFRESH COORDINATOR/SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be to complete all your tasks such as migration scheduling after doing so you ask your manager for more there would be times its an answer right away there would be other times that it would take 2 hours or longer for her to even get back with me so you have to find work on your own. Most of the time i would take training courses over support or train with someone on level 2 and level 3.
Pros
Flexibility, training opportunities, understanding to a degree.
Cons
favoritism, cliques, management needs some work.
Productive and Tech Informed
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2016
Typical day at work troubleshooting/Inspection/Resolving Desktop support issues.

Learned and appreciate enhancing Customer Service skills.

What I enjoyed most is resolving most service issue, and first time fix, helping enduser/customer to stay productive/do their job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Software glitches, Promotion, Relocation
Positive morale with supportive management
Service Desk Technician for NBC Universal (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2016
I make and receive calls with the goal of resolving user technical problems. I have learned how to positively interact with management, co-workers and users so I effectively assist our clients issues. The management is encouraging and want you to succeed. My piers are fun and supportive. The most difficult part of my job is gathering information that is unavailable that will aid you in assisting a user. I really enjoy working on Saturdays when our call volume is low.
Pros
time off (PTO, Floating Holidays, Sick days, etc.), Management, Co-Workers, the fact I work with NBC and Universal employees
Cons
the commute to work
Infrastructure positions are being outsourced to India.
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2016
Company does not have a clear vision on the future or interest in retaining seasoned employee's to maintain existing customer base,
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Compensation and benefits
Excellent for those entering the IT industry.
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2016
The job environment is largely what you would expect in the IT industry, relatively lax, self managed for the most part unless a major project is at hand. They do look after you and should a life event occur such as a birth they are very understanding. The pay is not much of an issue should you have prior experience in the field, however, it did take 6 months after my contractor period expired before advancing into my full time role. With no opportunity to advance.
Pros
Comfortable, Straight forward, and flexible
Cons
Lack of opportunity, work outside scope of role, delayed advancement.
Great company that allows you to use your experience to grow
System Integration Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote, TexasFebruary 1, 2016
Compucom is a great company that allows you to use your experience to grow. Great team work even if you work remotely
I manage multiple technical teams across the country and working remotely allows me to communicate with them all seamlessly
Pros
Ability to work remote.
Cons
Undergoing reorganization
Not a career company
Director, VMO Staffing & Subcontract Labor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2016
A decent job, but poor career opportunity here. Promoted 3 times in first 18 months, restructured out in 24 months. No common sense.
Pros
Nothing stands out
Cons
Average/Poor Pay/Benefits, no bonus paid out, poor leadership
Good place to learn and work
Systems Integration Spec (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 11, 2016
Great learning environment, fast paced and exciting opportunities. New technology and ideas which make work interesting and fast paced environment so work day is always interesting.
Pros
great team, dedicated, talented team
IT Industry ever-changing
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2016
The time I've worked at CompuCom has been an adventure and being in the IT world it constantly changing. The employees in which I've had the pleasure of working where hard working and dedicated.
Productive, team parties, potlucks, gatherings
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2016
Typical day of work, handle HR issues, manage client escalations, manage service desk SLAs and contract obligations. Along with determining and implement moral boosters, holding manager meetings, etc.
great work enviorment
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 15, 2016
great work vibe friendly place. very motivated clean great coworkers you can trust. the attention your boss gives you is over whelming.
everyone helps each other.
Pros
great work space
Cons
short breaks

2.8