CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Good work environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 26, 2015
This company has opportunity for self-guided work and also opportunities for site technicians. Good company to work for as an entry level technician. Interesting management styles to work with and run into. Requires great customer service skills.
Decent Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: it's a job
What do you expect from a company in today's world. CompuCom has a lot of glaring faults, but for the most part they are as good as any other company. Their pay isn't exceptional and their managment isn't anything that stands out. They base their company on all the typical metric that cause employees to hate their job. If companies just realized that they'd get more out of their employees if they gave them reasons to want to give more they'd be more profitable over all.
Productive and Fun work Place
3rd party Vendor Support
Configuration changes
extreem work load!
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: i get to work in chevron
management is bad and there is no such thing as moving up in the company
Good Company
Regional Field Installer (Current Employee), MOJanuary 21, 2015
Having worked for many IT service and support companies, this is one of the premier companies I've known.
It's a job but...
Service Desk Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: no raises
It's a job, but I don't recommend it on the long term. The company does not give raises. It's a decent place to find a temporary job until you find something better.
They decided to change how we were paid our overnight differential without notice. They changed our work schedules with very little notice. They also decided to remove our desk and not tell us till the last minute.
Great Company!
Sales Director Energy-ITO/Services (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 16, 2015
Outstanding company with top notch MGMT team. Great team of seasoned professionals and consultants.
Great Idea
Field Dispatch Tech (90 day Contract) (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: tools
Cons: no foresight or planing with bad communication.
I enjoyed working for this company but the management and planning was helter-skelter at best. Too many time were we left to our own devices with constant issues from the company's we services (WalMart, Target and other retail stores). Unable to get parts to repair equipment due to lack of any foresight on project. Continued to feed us post contract info and relaying that everyone would have a position at projects end then released everyone with no explanation.
Good place to learn
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TxJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: no support materially or personally. you are pretty much on your own.
I was able to work from home 100%, which is good for me as I have a very structured work ethic but bad in that I enjoy more interaction with people other than vocal. CompuCom purchased Getronics NA who purchased Wang Global. All of which I had worked for through the continuous employment. The culture recently changed to that of large cold corporate. In this I mean that there is now little room for advancement as opposed to the rich learning atmosphere I was used to. Compensation is on the low side and there have been no raises in 4 years. A lot of very talented people have left to pursue advancement. It's not a bad company but not one that is conducive to growth. Upper management ideas, as good as they may be, do not trickle to implementation. This causes stagnation and frustration in the ranks. The higher ratings that I gave were more for the previous experience that I had.
No opportunity to grow and no way to leverage my experience
OpenVMS Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinDecember 19, 2014
Pros: i work with the most secure operating system on the planet. i enjoy being able to work remotely
Cons: outages that could have been avoided if a little sweat equity was employed.
My typical day begins with a review of project assignments and prioritization of those projects balanced with the operational issues in production. Operations staff was cut so I am now doing that work as well as project management.

I have learned how important it is to balance my workload.
I can thrive in a very large global computing environment.

All of my coworkers are top notch experienced IT workers that suffer from the same workload balancing act.

I have been working in IT since 1982 after 6 years in the US Navy.
My career spans all aspects of the IT infrastructure and telecommunications. The hardest part of my job is watching folks make the same mistakes repeatedly, and as a consultant, try to change the culture from reactive crisis management to that of proactive , high quality service and technical support.

To CompuCom, I am a warm 98.6 filling a 2 year contract position.
Not a valuable employee that has a family and himself to take care of. No connection to the contributions made to the companies success. None whatsoever. The client I work for is the client. I'm the consultant. If I succeed. They succeed and vice versa. It would be fine if that success was recognized or acknowledged in some way.
Everyone else is told what a great job they did on a project. I never got thanked by anyone. I was up at 2AM as well.

Information technology is the most fun job. You always have something new to learn. There is never a shortage on new problems to solve.
Good work, wide variety of equipment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 16, 2014
Hard work goes very much unappreciated with this company. Worked hard to promote the company to clients and to make the company look good with my work performance, only to get no support when a problem arose.
A very pleseant experience
Shipping Manager / IT Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: a very professional environment.
Cons: not providing opportunity for a potential next assignment
A very unique experience, professional team and environment, willing to share and contribute with knowledge. Management always shown an excellent attitude towards the project and team members.
Good company- contracts expire without adequate notice
Desktop Support Analyst (L2 Support) (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 14, 2014
My position is being eliminated 12/31/2014. Available to relocate immediatly.
COMPANY IS NOT WATCHING YOU CLOSELY
Lead Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Billerica, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: no raises
Co-works are fun to be around -
management will get together one a week with employees.
Hours are great.
The biggest mistake one could make in life
J&J IT Level 2 Deskside Support (Current Employee), Skillman, NJDecember 10, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: will make see the finer side of actually considering to become a garbage man
Started working for them through a staffing firm with an expiring 6 month contract and at the end of contract, was offered to join compucom for "a couple of bucks extra per hour"and continue working my job. Took the offer and have been beating my head in everyday since from regret. Was told if I could prove myself and bring something to the table to the existing team of techs(all full time compucom employees) then we could talk about getting me on board as a full-time compucom employee like the rest. The guy hired before me only waited 6 months to get full compucom status with benefits. I've been there over 3 years and still labeled a "temp" contractor with no paid time off, no paid holidays, no paid sickdays, no paid vacation. The compucom person assigned to me that Ican reach out to with questions told me "the type of assignment you are on does not provide any paid time off for vacations, sick days, and holidays. When told that to the supervisor that gave me this offer, he was oddly surprised like he didn't know this already. Years later since then, despite multiple talks, he seems very well informed of exactly everything that I'm not allowed to receive as a benefit and pretty knowledgeable about precisely what I do not get as a temp contractor. I held up my end of the deal and delivered bringing quiet a lot to the table. So much so that even Elizabeth Candelario-Carrera, the Senior Program Executive for CompuCom reached out to email me personally to thank me for all my hard work and dedication I've made to compucom after someone I helped support had sent out an email to all – more... my highest level managers with extreme gratitude and detailed levels of explanation of her entire experience of being provided IT support by me like she's never experienced before in any country she's been in. I also have similar letters from a few other high level people I supported and rescued from catastrophic PC failures . My supervisor even began to remind me how good of a job I'm doing and how much he appreciates how much effort I'm putting in to do my job. After a year passed by, I asked if he can get me onboard as a full-time employee after all this hardwork I put in to prove myself. He replied by debating how there's really not much more benefits or anything far more beneficial between being a full-time employee as opposed to where I already was. Tried to downplay the idea of becoming full-time like it's almost pointless and nothing much more comes out of it than just being a temp contractor with a laugh undertone almost sso Iget the idea from my mind and forget. Then a few months later, it was because of some restrictions that were being set by upper management, he couldn't bring anybody onboard as full-time employee. He offered to pay me for 1 week vacation. Since I don't get paid for holidays, I used those vacation days to cover 5 holidays instead. I came in during severe snow days, even during the floods when cars were floating on Route 1 and it took me over 4 hours driving home. When the regular compucom employees are out on vacation or taking day off, their work got dumped on me. I always get volunteered to do anything that comes up that requires dropping everything I'm doing just to stand somewhere for atleast an hour everyday. Constant emails about status updates, ticket updates, getting training done, performing some task that got dumped on me, making sure i attached a document to some task and it never ends. Still get nothing but stories and the old run around of just never ending nonsense. Everything has been a lie and the workload keeps growing consistently. It's been over 3 years, I'm doing so much work everyday that I forget to even use the bathroom throughout the day. Not even once have I taken a 30 minute lunch break where I went to the cafeteria to just eat instead of trying to find time to eat while working at some point in the day if I'm lucky. I had a few years experience prior to this job and this was going to add to my experience as well as help me progress my career. But turned out to be the worst mistake I ever made. The workload is astronomical with deadlines tighter than shrunk spandex. I love the job and helping people solve problems.The team of techs I work with are solid techs, well experienced and function great as a team. Don't make the same mistake to fall into limbo to have to deal with the same, save yourself the headache and continue looking past this company's job listings, nothing will get sorted out within this company that will make them treat their techs with respect. – less
A great company with lots of training offered
Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2014
Pros: own boss
Cons: travel
The company managers work with you continuously to improve your performance in the field. There's one downside to the company, and that is the travel.
long term employees will get you fired
Computer Hardware & Networking Engineer (Former Employee), Milford, MIDecember 6, 2014
Pros: quick hire
Cons: they are a cancer to anyone not in the cirlcle
they will keep long term employees close and use new ones to fill gaps. they rip the company they work for specially General motors they don't share information to keep companies from canceling contracts they are a cancer to any organisation and the work force of america.
Miserable work environment with no chance of promotion...
Certified Computer Technician (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJDecember 2, 2014
Pros: certifications
Cons: no lunch breaks, warehouse atmosphere with micro-managers
Nothing exciting. I was working on desktops and laptops then was moved to Scan Coin where I was doing total mechanical work on the machines instead of computer troubleshooting. Management never mentioned cleaning coin machines in the interview. Management doesn't care for employees who have any type of opinion but yet they pride themselves on having an open-door policy and an ear for new ideas. Management will trick you into wanting to work for them and make you feel that you can really climb the corporate latter.
It's a good place to work. Salary could be better.
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2014
It's a good place to work, if you are permanent. Salary could be better.Out sourcing most jobs.
Low head count work harder faster.
Not loyal to people/ bottom line all that matters.
Co-workers great
Hardest part getting all done because of low head count
Nothing enjoyable in quite a few years.
More like a Ping Pong
Field Service Tech (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free courses and certifications
Cons: no job security
A typical day is a day started with a conference call to know the pros and cons of the last day, future projects and resolve any issue. I learned a lot with this job. how to work and update SLA and ETA, fix any issue with a time manner. Investigate and diagnostic the problem, understand and identify the problem, Request for specific parts if that was the case. Keep good communication with other management and tech, to help other tech with issues that I have been familiar with.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Salaries