CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

Foot in the door
Sytems Administrator (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Job experience
Cons: subpar pay, management backing is non-existant, minimal advancement opportunities
Compucom can provide individuals with little experience and opportunity to gain that experience.

Compucom will not back the employee when push comes to shove and the customer is clearly in the wrong for fear of losing the account.

Compucom pays below RADFORD mid-level pay scale additionally they DO NOT give merit increases citing that the contract with the customer is never renegotiated just extended yet the workload and responsibilities continued to increase.

Compucom does however give $500 per employee towards qualified educational costs.

My peers however were bright, intelligent individuals who took pride in their work regardless of the lack of acknowledgement from the management.
Enjoyed my time
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 6, 2015
This is a good company to work, enjoyed my time with them.Work closely with many knowledgeable people that were friendly and showed me the ropes.
Was good job at one point
Field Service (Former Employee), Huntington WVJune 3, 2015
Pros: Time Off, Flexability
Cons: Micromanagment
CompuCom was a good company until about 6 months ago when HP dropped the Photosmart program , I had one manger in 4 1/2 years than 4 managers in four months. When Walmart dropped them back in march I knew they was in trouble, well in the last 2 weeks they have laid off 6 field technicians including me. I'm not bitter just disappointed that it was such a good company at one point and than within 6 months they lose 2 major contracts because they was unable to obtain the SLA that was set, truthfully I don't believe any company could obtain those tight SLA's unless that had tech with 10 miles of each site.
Great Continuing Education and team environment Management helpful
IT Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Helpful co-workers and managment; Continiuing Education
Cons: Slow work days, Late workday sometimes 14 hours in a day
Review case logs
research cases
Establish Time of Arrival with the end-user
Introduce myself to point of contact
use diagnostics, troubleshooting materials and IT support channels to resolve customer's issue
log notes as I worked
Close case once user verify system is working

I learned how to use different diagnostic tools and IT support to achieve system fixes in a corporate environment

Management was helpful in getting setup on continuing education and getting you in touch with any help you need.

Coworkers were friendly and would sometimes call you about a job site to give helpful information and would give support to processes on different corporate sites

Hardest part of the job was sometime you would have to find were information was at and sometimes the accounts from another technician was not completely noted.

The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing an issue on site with out using a part. Kind of felt like a hero of the day.
good place to get experience
IT Support & Solutions (Current Employee), Foxborough, MAJune 1, 2015
the company gave me a chance to build my skills. you have to really try to get fired a very forgiving co work on many types of eq and devices every call is a customer facing call
Ok
Resource Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 1, 2015
It was an "ok" place to work. They are in the middle of a re-org and several people have been laid off. I enjoyed my co-workers, however, they are worried they will be let go to.
Fun and Interesting place to work
CERTIFIED COMPUTER FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
My experience working for CompuCom Systems Inc. was a great opportunity to learn more about computers and how they function and serve purpose in the lives of companies on a daily basis.
Pretty Good Company
Field Service Tech (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 25, 2015
I love the work and the pay was fair for my area, but contracts coming and going for work made financial stability a little washy. Some months getting 60 hours a week and some were 15.
Field Services (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: benefits seem decent so far.
Cons: Expect long work hours when busy, but when slows down hours are over controlled. short weeks.
Most of the people are really good to work with, and management except for occasions seems really level headed. Business had slowed down. At first, told no changes in employment. But with the slow down management is now saying there will be cuts. Get the story straight the first time.
Great work environment...very hard to get things done within the company
SENIOR ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 16, 2015
Large company with a lot of moving pieces that don't know what the other pieces are doing. Getting the different legs of the company to cooperate is a huge issue.
Good company
Server Support Analyst (Current Employee), AnalystMay 13, 2015
Pros: excellent training
Cons: stability
I love the job and managers i work for. Great people and excellent managers. Hopefully they'll expand their scope in the future.
*shruggz*
Service Desk Tech (Current Employee), DallasMay 12, 2015
Pros: looks good a you're resume
Cons: management is not professional, micro manage, no advancement, benefits are no longer good, pay is very low for a Help desk position
a great place to have on you're resume, nothing more, management knows very little and offer no help, very little to no advancement

i recommend to get in, learn as much as you can and find somthing with better pay
About my Work life
SR. ETL Developer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
I like to learn new things everyday and Don't matter if some days are easy. I love working in a team where people are supportive. I am always a good team member and always make good relation with everyone that i have worked with.
Regarding work, i like to take new challenges and will work hard to achieve them.
Great entry level company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great communication between management and field techs
Cons: low pay
Good starting platform company for anyone breaking into the IT field. This job requires a lot of self-discipline as it is by nature a remote position so professionalism must be carried with high standards.
Decent
Systems Suppose Tech (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 11, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: contract
overall work was nice. but the chance of losing your contract is always a risk. great work environment and my team was great. hardest part of the job was adapting to changes and knowing that your contact could end. enjoyable was all the stuff that i learned.
No solid benefits for working here.
Field Technician (Current Employee), NHMay 10, 2015
A lot of travel on your personal vehicle, low compensation for travel, feel like you are always being watched as you have to account for every second of your down time.
Great entry-level opportunity, poor management oversight
Systems Engineer (Entry-Level) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: Training and benefits
Cons: Absent Management, unsupervised newly hired.
The company provided a great entry-level job opportunity with extensive job-related and value-added training. Management supervision over new resources was minimal and disconnected. Very poor guidance provided on actual projects execution and direction.
Flexible Schedule
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Kissimmee, Fla.May 4, 2015
Pros: Miles are Paid
Cons: Poor Management.
Nice Flexible Schedule. Good company to work for and Learn new things. The good thing is that you do something different in IT and you learn Multiple things.
CompuCom
Server atapirs Administrator (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 4, 2015
This is a good place to work if you require flexibility, multiple shifts and various days. I have enjoed working for CompuCom.
Ticketing management (Current Employee), Warner Bros studios BurbankMay 1, 2015
A great company to which I was able to excel in both my technical skills and personal skills. And further my base knowledge on how the technical field works in any work force. And how important it is in all aspects of job fields.
Headquarters