CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Easy Work but Low Pay
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 2, 2014
Pros: easy work, freedom to create your own schedule, company phone and laptop
Cons: low pay, long drives, i'm still upset about not getting any workloads when i put in my notice that i was quitting
I took this job as a "jobby job" when I left the military until I found a place that I could start a career. I needed money and they were FAST to hire (within a few hours). The job was very easy. I would drive out to my site (which could be 50mi away sometimes), find my parts and make the repair.

I learned a lot about laser printers, point of sales – more... terminals, and other retail based information technology.

Compucom provided me with all the tools that I needed for my jobs as well as a company smartphone (Galaxy S-4) and a laptop (IBM thinkpad).

I was quite upset when I did not receive any more workloads once I put in my notice that I was quitting. I wish I would have told them on my last day that I was quitting. So when you quit this place I recommend giving them notice the same day you quit!

In a nutshell, the field service job is low stress and easy. However, the pay isn't very good and you can find yourself driving quite a bit. – less
Great immediate management structure and operations
Field Technician (Current Employee), Remote Services in Southwest MisouriMay 28, 2014
Pros: personal freedom and schedule.
Cons: personal freedom and schedule, if you are not vigilant you will get lazy and get yourself in trouble
Good communications with immediate team leads and fellow remote technicians. Work load is balanced and time off is usually attainable compared to most on-call remote operations. Overtime is willingly paid without issue when necessary to achieve goals.

Current company structure is in a constant state of flux over the last few years, pay rates have been – more... cut and benefits reduced. However, company does provide a path toward advancement from within environment if that is what you are seeking, and does it's best to keep people if possible I will grant them that.

The job is not for everyone. If you are able to self-manage your time, and keep yourself motivated, then it cannot be beat. Team leads are helpful, but would rather you do your job. The better you are at keeping your notes updated and making your ETAs onsite, getting the job done, and moving on... the better for everyone.
The relationships you form with your fellow technicians and your customers will grant you a freedom unlike any other job. Start your day when you want, get your Dr appointments and errands done that you need, and get your job done in an efficient and productive manner all at the same time. – less
Terrible Temp to Perm Scam
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Foxboro Ma.May 24, 2014
Cons: use and abuse company avoid at all costs!
I started with Insite Global Temp to Perm Company that is a total scam! I Learned that they had no intention to make me a Permanent employee! They just strung me along for as long as they could. Management would just keep making excuses about why he could not make me perm. They would use intimidation,coercion,abuse, to the point of bulling to make you – more... do what they want. – less
decent
Site IT Technician (Former Employee), Mays Landing, NJMay 23, 2014
decent. routed their printer to the computer at the desk. was a pretty simple task for the job. other than that, I remained on site in case of a technical issue, which never happened.
CompuCom- Promises Made that never happen.
Field Service Technician - Bayfront Medical Center (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 14, 2014
Pros: i did get experience in a health care environment
Cons: did not live up to expectations
CompuCom Management told me with a good work record that my contract work go permanent with in 3 months with CompuCom. Never happened. Was not given any alternatives if current contract with customer was to end.
Fast paced
Systems Intergration Engineer III (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2014
Great location full of young people with great ideas. Good technology, full of potential
Fun, productive, professional and Enjoyable
HyperCare & Windows 7 Tech (Former Employee), New brunswick, New JerseyMay 8, 2014
8:30am - 5:30pm

I learned a lot about working with bigger teams and in a more professional environment. The management was very laid back but professional. They let us focus on our work and asked us to come up with plans and ideas to better the system we worked with.
Hardest part of my job was to effectively keep the clients happy and to be accurate – more... with our decision making and fixing problems.

Most enjoyable part was the challenges that came with the job. – less
Productive and very relaxing enviroment
Service Desk Technician/ Mainframe admin/ AD (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunched, 1hr lunch, 4 day weeks
Cons: mid day hours
Working in Mainframe, Active directory, editing Knowledge articles, and helping agents with service calls. Management is really relaxing never putting to much pressure on employees.Coworkers really respectful. There is nothing hard about this job.
Daily service calls pr replacement shipping inventory
Field Service Technician/Three month contractor (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 30, 2014
Pros: working from home co. car
Cons: always on call
Daily service calls parts replacement shipping inventory.Use of company car - alway on call
Not a good working emvironment
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2014
Run calls 5 to 100 miles away...
Learned how little management cares for employee well being...
Bad management...
Co workers do their best
No recognition
Quitting
Great place with great flexibility.
Field Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FlApril 24, 2014
Pros: schedule, freedom, trainining for certs, company laptop and cellphone.
Cons: pay rate could be hire.
If you like working independent with little supervision, this is a great job, very hands on with all kinds of job environments to work in.
Good company
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Paulsboro, NJApril 21, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the work I was doing.
Better Compensation
Webex Admin / iProcurement Admin (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 17, 2014
I've worked for this company years and has only received one pay increase. STS and Compucom GTRC US workers are overworked , under paid , and consistently on edge with most of our job being sent to India.
Decent company to get your foot in the door
Network Analyst III (Former Employee), MidlandApril 16, 2014
Pros: great customer
Cons: pay, benefits, management
I never expected to stay in the position I was in long term. I heard nothing but disgruntled rumblings from my coworkers and tried to stay out of it. But it was obvious during the conference meetings that not many were happy with the compensation and benefits. They basically trained and gave me the experience to go on to bigger and better things. I – more... dont know what their plan is for retention of qualified tech, but I know the current standard isnt working. – less
Compucom
Field Tech II (Current Employee), OKCApril 6, 2014
For the most part I enjoy my job, but they keep wanting you to do more and compensate for it. Also lately I can't even get 40 hours and no one seems to care. As of now I would not recommend this as a place of work, unless just starting in the IT field to get experience.
Great Stepping Stone
Desktop Support Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 23, 2014
It all depends on the company you are contracting to and your manager. My current experience wasn't great.
Learned most of my job skills on the job.
Communication Installation (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: working in an unsafe environment such as the refinery.
My work day started at 7am. We had a morning team meeting to discuss any projects someone had coming up. How to distribute the man power. I loved being in charge of projects such as a big move. I loved putting the spreadsheets together and gathering up all the information and making it easy for my co-workers to follow. The hardest part of the job to – more... me was having to go behind some and read their notes. We were all trained the was horrible. Sometimes it made you have to go back and re-do the same work over again.
All the information I have learned about wiring came from someone who took the time to teach me. I have no proof that I actually have the knowledge to do all these things unless someone gives me a chance. – less
A good place to work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CaliforniaMarch 21, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: salary
Everyday IT company, much more relaxed atmosphere than most companies. co-workers are fun and human, Plenty of opportunity to achieve Certifications and learn new technologies.
Great Entry Level Company
Team Lead / Level 2 Support Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
Great place to get your foot in the door, but expect to move after a year.

Very little transparency with a low ceiling.

Focused on quantity over quality.

Competitive pay and benefits.
Low Compensation
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos