CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

Fun and challenges
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: Short contract, seasonal position
I supported hardware, software, printers and network. But if something went down, we have to face the challenges, we had to resolve them as quickly as possible
A day in the life
IT consultant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2015
Pros: Work with great and knowledgeable people. Clients were also very easy to communicate with.
Cons: Had to use own vehicle; which could account for more than four hours of just driving, lack of practical trainingkof real time training, as\\
Without having specific point of sale knowledge, I was expected to know how to take them apart, and why it wasn't working. While my managers were great people, I was never truly trained for this position. What I did do, was drive some four hours a day, to not know what to to when I got there. The people and resources were great, just made me curious as if they really wanted me succeed.
Compucom
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Lack of Job Security
Compucom is a great company that allows you to have lots of independence, but there is not much job security. Hours are flexible depending on your manager and sometimes you are demanded to work on a weekend.
Job work / Life Balance
Technical Support Analysts (Current Employee), Bayer / Merck, Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Job and work life balance
Cons: As a contract to hire the cons for me is I was suppose to get hired in October 2014, Merck was bought by Bayer and the 1st day of business for Bayer was October 2, 2015
This company's job and work life balance is at a great level. I have learned a great deal working at Merck and supporting Merck users for Compucom.
Probably My least favorite company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: low pay and extensive expectations
Cheap company and managers expect well more than what they pay for. Typical outsource company that charges enterprises large amounts of money and pay the workers very little.
CompuCom
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2015
I would not recommend working for CompuCom. They will not guarantee any hours which is hard for anyone to budget for.
Good management. Lousy work. Good team environment.
Fun Place, but Low Pay for Contracted people
Patching Team (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
I 100% enjoy working here, but it is hard survive with a family of 4 with the income that they pay you. Other than that its a good place to learn and grow.
Field service
Photosmart technician (Former Employee), All walmarts in IowaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: At least paid for 40 hours each week
Cons: Communication from management not good
A normal day would be to drive to work location fix equipment, then head to the next site, Project was coming to an end and new management was not a good at providing information to transition smoothly
travel to various customer sites to do repairs
Field Technician (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company van
Cons: temp job
Each morning view sites that must be visited and assign by importance. Travel in company van and work alone which was enjoyable. It was hard knowing it was a temp position. Management had their favorites and weren't afraid to let you know it. Didn't matter how bad they did. Co-workers were always helpful if you needed anything. Learned how big stores like Target and Home Depot run on their infrastructure.
great place to learn skillsets
National Trainer (Current Employee), nationalMarch 11, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: compensation
fast paced, highly demanding, lean organization. always feel challenged, but rarely given market value for your work.
Good Company
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 5, 2015
I've always been treated fairly over the 15 years I've been with the company, benefits are good and I would look to grow with them in the future
No job security
Team Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2015
Compucom does not adequately provide for career advancement and does not supply job security. And compensation is well below industry standards.
not my first choice
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 2, 2015
Pros: na
went a month and a half with no pay check always had issues with benefits scheduling time off was always an issue upper managemnt never had there employes in mind with any thing they did also there are signs all over the buliding please dont wipe ur boogers on the wall
Compucom
Field Technical Specialist (Former Employee), South TexasMarch 1, 2015
Work is never stable.
Hours may vary up to 24 hrs.
Excessive travel on personal vehicle.
Low wages.
Enjoy fixing hardware.
never boring
IT Support/Field Service Analyst/Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FL.February 26, 2015
I worked many different clients which helped me grow as a technician. Mileage reimbursements helped offset the costs of my car payment, but there has not been a pay increase in at least 3 years.
Bad experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: vehicle provided, work close to home, tools provided, pro help desk / support
Cons: horrible management, poor communication throughout entire company
I spent one year with Compucom. I acquired all necessary certs. I did everything I was asked, and much more. I rated among the highest in performance among co-workers. I traveled wherever and whenever to respond to high priority calls. Compucom is not a service related company. Over the course of my time with them, I patiently waited for management to get on board. The company is highly mismanaged the whole way to the top. They keep associates and management in the dark about the inner goings on.

They mismanaged the account/contract I was hired on for, (which was stated to be a four year contract). I finally became a full time employee after being with them for 10 months (it was initially said that the contract was temp to hire AFTER 90 DAYS. They then LAID ME OFF THREE WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS with absolutely no warning. They did it in such a manner that I could not collect unemployment initially.

Beware of this company. Remember you are expendable when employed by companies of this ilk.
Help Desk /Trainer (Former Employee), Riverton, UTFebruary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working with the people, laid back environment. great benefits and pay was reasonable. Job was off shored by Intel
Great work place
Onsite Delivery Manager for Puerto Rico Operations (Current Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 23, 2015
Great work place and the management is great.Co workers are very good.Great communication with all. I have learned a lot during my time working with the company
Traveling a lot and overtime work
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: company car, fuel expense, hour lunch break
Cons: communication with all management, must wait 1 hour after driving to designated area for getting paid hourly, hard to get a promotion or raise
During the usual typical days of working for this company. It would be arriving at the company designated location and greeting the Managers or Store Manager of your arrival and beginning on checking the UPS for the store to make sure that they are in balance. After the inspection then I would get on the company laptop and check on PeopleSoft to check any tickets that have been requested by the store. I would then go to the designated location on the ticket system and begin working as soon as I would click the start work process for counting the time on how long it would take to complete the task. I would greet every employee in the designated area that I am working at and complete the issue and test it to make sure that the issue is no longer a problem, or order a replacement part for that department.
After completing the tickets in that store, I would then ask at least one employee from each department if they have any issues with anything and create a ticket if there is time. This position's work hours is a fluctuation of different hours per day. Depending on the location you are going to, it can be a 8-5 on one day, then the next day it could be an 8-5 with driving hours prior and after the work day is completed. This position is now called a "Desktop Specialist Delivery", which changed from Field Service Technician I to that. It is very hard to go for a raise or promotion from this job given the fact that the store Manager or the Assistant Managers are the one to give a positive feedback or a negative feedback.
One of the most difficult parts of this job is dealing with – more... Managers who want to do things their way and do your job their way, this can ruin a productive day for a Field Technician since the parts that I have ordered have been taken and installed at a different location than what was written on the Ticket System. This issue has been discussed with the Corporate Manager and my Manager about the issue and was never resolved. The best part about this job is talking with the employees and getting smiles out them and helping them on their problems. The Companies main office is also located in Texas, which would mean that their way of hiring and firing is completely different from that of California's standards. As a matter of fact, I was let go without any type of notice and been left in the dark for more than three weeks before confirming with a third party. That is quite an issue since I could have used that time to search for a job. That is probably the most negative thing I have about this company. – less
Really enjoyed doing this type of work.
Dedicated Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: freedom to perform duties
Cons: job stability
Enjoyed working for this company and traveling from site to site performing the pertinent duties to accomplish my mission for the day.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Salaries