CompuCom Employee Reviews

My CompuCom Experience
Technical Support Analyst for Nbc (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2016
I put everything I had in working for CompuCom for about three years. It was only a job, as there wasn't very much opportunity to really move up. I was always one of the top two agents every month, and even promoted once to a 1.5. I worked as hard as I could from the first minute I started, until I clocked out. They repaid me by firing me out of nowhere when I got back from my Grandfather's Funeral. They told me I wasn't taking enough calls, but that really wasn't the reason. It was a huge popularity contest, and I wasn't buying into that. They even took away the performance lunches for the top members on the team. My previous Manager did a great job, but when the new ones took over they didn't know much of anything. Good luck to everyone else.
Poor company to work for.
DTU Time and Materials Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHMay 25, 2016
Raises are non-existent
Management Team is sub-par.
No attention to detail
Employee retention is poor
Employee moral is poor
Training is baptism by fire
Don't work for CompuCom if you can help it.
Pros
decent PTO
Cons
everything else
Centralizing Finance and Accounting
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
The company is in the process of centralizing functions such as finance and accounting to Charlotte NC and Plano TX. I enjoyed collaborating and supporting program management in many remote locations. The direct management team was excellent. Work hours were long often long during accounting close.
Contractor work
Printer, Blue, Red, Decommission Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 11, 2016
The job was great, I learned a lot from the professionals in the different industries. A lot of what I learned was due to being given the reigns to make informed decisions, trusting your co-workers and growing a corporation as a whole.
Pros
The different people that made going to work a joy
Cons
Horrible management, horrible unfair treatment from management
No raises and lack of support for IT. Not a great place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 17, 2017
Management really doesn't care about anyone but themselves. They take the workers for granite and expect people to be simple drones and follow all orders without questioning it even if it does not make sense.
Pros
Good employees that try hard.
Cons
Management doesn't care about the working people.
CompuCom
Technical Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Working at CompuCom was a very rewarding experience, it gave me the opportunity to gain a lot of technical knowledge as we had to managed multiple clients on some contracts and job was never boring. Management was great always gave me the opportunity to try new things like QA, reporting and some Tier 2 duties. Had the pleasure to work with very experience people that made it fun to be a team and expand my technical knowledge..
Intelligent work environment with a diverse culture
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 25, 2016
A great place to start a career and build experience in the filed. Management is friendly and promotes very good teamwork. GE is place of innovation and culture. New ideas are being created with a diverse group of people. It was a good mixture of fun and business. The customers I helped were very polite for the most part and seemed to always appreciate the help they were receiving.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Ability to advance
horrible
IT Technician/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groton, CTFebruary 11, 2017
By far the worst company to work for, bad pay no benefits no paid holidays no training involved. contract to never hire should be the motto of this company, total lack of professionalism and care for workers. No involvement in employee interactions while with the company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Compucom
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2016
Compucom is an excellent company to work for if you are low tier or mid tier computer tech, they will give the experience you need to progress in your career field and increase your career network. If you are upper tier the raises are few and far between, the promotions are slow in coming.
Used to be a good place to work
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 11, 2016
When I started CompuCom was one of the best places in the area to work. As the company was bought/sold/reorganized over and over the quality of the benefits went down.

When I left I hadn't had a raise in 6yrs and my health care costs had gone up by 25/30%.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no raises
Mellow Relaxed People
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Very Peaceful Fun People.
Great Very Environment.
Great Library Catalogues For Advance Studies.
Wonderful Party Events "Holidays"
Amazing Perks and Benefits
Pros
Environment
Cons
Company move, No chance for the NOC
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 2, 2016
It seems like this company is always on a tight budget. I have not seen anyone get a raise the whole time i worked here. In order to get more money, you either have to change jobs or learn a new skill.
Pros
collegues are great to work with
Cons
management dont seem to want to hear employees concerns.
productive work place
Senior Field Engineer Computer support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX main officeFebruary 17, 2017
Compucom services a variety of equipment, technicians are well trained have a good support team to back up technicians. good benifits. you work without supervision. goals are reachable.
Pros
training, support
Cons
pay reductions
Good job while your young
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
The mailhandler career was a mentally & physically demanding job. I've seen heartless act by management in which many of my co-workers after retirement passed on as a result of the stress of working there. My recommendation for anyone is to either do something else within the or going to school & getting skills to do something else.
This is a 3rd party outsourcing company
Information Security Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2017
The company as a whole is not terrible. They have multiple customers for the Network and Security teams. The management changed frequently and was hard to keep up with.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
A little to much work for the pay
Challenging Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 17, 2016
I experienced many management changes which changed the direction of many assignments however I liked learning. Really appreciated working with other departments. They were really nice and effective.
Pros
Loved some of the assignments
Cons
Felt like management was misleading and dishonest
Poor place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 20, 2017
Problems within the process have existed within position for months and or/years. No employee or customer feedback taken or implemented seriously to improve the process. As a result flaws exist which create poor efficiency and creates poor customer expectations resulting in poor customer interactions due to the actual time the customer will be without a system (compared to the impossibly short perception presented beforehand.) Cumulative workload increase due to additions in job but no adjustment to reflected time required to perform the duties. As a result the quality of work is diminished due to trying to keep up with all required duties. Turnover rate has reached a point in which the supplier of systems is unable to keep up negatively affecting classroom in which systems are needed to upgrade customers. Lack of accountability within this regard has lead to the situation not being rectified and the same issues persist months later.
Pros
Stability of full time working hours
Cons
No constructive feedback, lack of job improvement
great experience working with peers and management.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Team members always willing to jump in and help solve problems.
Customer first mentality. Total quality management looking to eliminate waste in the work environment.
Good company, bad management
DBA / Web Admin (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
They decided to maximize profits and move most business functions off shore (india). And laid off hundreds of dedicated employees.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad Management at executive level
So far its ok
Systems Integrations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2016
I have only been with the company for 6 months and I am actually at a client location so I really cannot comment on a some of the things as far as my typical day at work because my typical day is spent onsite with the client not actually with my CompuCom team. We do have weekly team meetings so I get to meet with my team members in that way (via phone and webex). Thus, I have only met my manager and one other team member in person. So far, I like the team members; all have been great and helpful.
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8