CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

Field service
Photosmart technician (Former Employee), All walmarts in IowaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: At least paid for 40 hours each week
Cons: Communication from management not good
A normal day would be to drive to work location fix equipment, then head to the next site, Project was coming to an end and new management was not a good at providing information to transition smoothly
travel to various customer sites to do repairs
Field Technician (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: company van
Cons: temp job
Each morning view sites that must be visited and assign by importance. Travel in company van and work alone which was enjoyable. It was hard knowing it was a temp position. Management had their favorites and weren't afraid to let you know it. Didn't matter how bad they did. Co-workers were always helpful if you needed anything. Learned how big stores like Target and Home Depot run on their infrastructure.
great place to learn skillsets
National Trainer (Current Employee), nationalMarch 11, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: compensation
fast paced, highly demanding, lean organization. always feel challenged, but rarely given market value for your work.
Good Company
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 5, 2015
I've always been treated fairly over the 15 years I've been with the company, benefits are good and I would look to grow with them in the future
No job security
Team Lead (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2015
Compucom does not adequately provide for career advancement and does not supply job security. And compensation is well below industry standards.
not my first choice
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 2, 2015
Pros: na
went a month and a half with no pay check always had issues with benefits scheduling time off was always an issue upper managemnt never had there employes in mind with any thing they did also there are signs all over the buliding please dont wipe ur boogers on the wall
Compucom
Field Technical Specialist (Former Employee), South TexasMarch 1, 2015
Work is never stable.
Hours may vary up to 24 hrs.
Excessive travel on personal vehicle.
Low wages.
Enjoy fixing hardware.
never boring
IT Support/Field Service Analyst/Technician (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FL.February 26, 2015
I worked many different clients which helped me grow as a technician. Mileage reimbursements helped offset the costs of my car payment, but there has not been a pay increase in at least 3 years.
Bad experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: vehicle provided, work close to home, tools provided, pro help desk / support
Cons: horrible management, poor communication throughout entire company
I spent one year with Compucom. I acquired all necessary certs. I did everything I was asked, and much more. I rated among the highest in performance among co-workers. I traveled wherever and whenever to respond to high priority calls. Compucom is not a service related company. Over the course of my time with them, I patiently waited for management to get on board. The company is highly mismanaged the whole way to the top. They keep associates and management in the dark about the inner goings on.

They mismanaged the account/contract I was hired on for, (which was stated to be a four year contract). I finally became a full time employee after being with them for 10 months (it was initially said that the contract was temp to hire AFTER 90 DAYS. They then LAID ME OFF THREE WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS with absolutely no warning. They did it in such a manner that I could not collect unemployment initially.

Beware of this company. Remember you are expendable when employed by companies of this ilk.
Help Desk /Trainer (Former Employee), Riverton, UTFebruary 25, 2015
Enjoyed working with the people, laid back environment. great benefits and pay was reasonable. Job was off shored by Intel
Great work place
Onsite Delivery Manager for Puerto Rico Operations (Current Employee), Puerto RicoFebruary 23, 2015
Great work place and the management is great.Co workers are very good.Great communication with all. I have learned a lot during my time working with the company
Traveling a lot and overtime work
Field Service Technician I (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: company car, fuel expense, hour lunch break
Cons: communication with all management, must wait 1 hour after driving to designated area for getting paid hourly, hard to get a promotion or raise
During the usual typical days of working for this company. It would be arriving at the company designated location and greeting the Managers or Store Manager of your arrival and beginning on checking the UPS for the store to make sure that they are in balance. After the inspection then I would get on the company laptop and check on PeopleSoft to check any tickets that have been requested by the store. I would then go to the designated location on the ticket system and begin working as soon as I would click the start work process for counting the time on how long it would take to complete the task. I would greet every employee in the designated area that I am working at and complete the issue and test it to make sure that the issue is no longer a problem, or order a replacement part for that department.
After completing the tickets in that store, I would then ask at least one employee from each department if they have any issues with anything and create a ticket if there is time. This position's work hours is a fluctuation of different hours per day. Depending on the location you are going to, it can be a 8-5 on one day, then the next day it could be an 8-5 with driving hours prior and after the work day is completed. This position is now called a "Desktop Specialist Delivery", which changed from Field Service Technician I to that. It is very hard to go for a raise or promotion from this job given the fact that the store Manager or the Assistant Managers are the one to give a positive feedback or a negative feedback.
One of the most difficult parts of this job is dealing with – more... Managers who want to do things their way and do your job their way, this can ruin a productive day for a Field Technician since the parts that I have ordered have been taken and installed at a different location than what was written on the Ticket System. This issue has been discussed with the Corporate Manager and my Manager about the issue and was never resolved. The best part about this job is talking with the employees and getting smiles out them and helping them on their problems. The Companies main office is also located in Texas, which would mean that their way of hiring and firing is completely different from that of California's standards. As a matter of fact, I was let go without any type of notice and been left in the dark for more than three weeks before confirming with a third party. That is quite an issue since I could have used that time to search for a job. That is probably the most negative thing I have about this company. – less
Really enjoyed doing this type of work.
Dedicated Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: freedom to perform duties
Cons: job stability
Enjoyed working for this company and traveling from site to site performing the pertinent duties to accomplish my mission for the day.
Interesting place to work
Service Desk Tech (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay is too low and no raises in sight
Strange but enjoyable culture encouraged by management. Customer focus always on top. Never know what interesting things you will walk into each day.
Great team members
Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARFebruary 2, 2015
I worked with great team members and did enjoyed fun days at work and most Managers were friendly. This place offer PTO and insurance to full time employees.
It was great with the oppurtunity to work from home.
PC Support Technician - Work at home Agent - WAHA (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2015
This job was great. I was able to work from home and supported end users from my home. It was unfortunate that they eliminated my position.
Good time
Contractor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: very laid back, lunch break, great employees
Cons: lack of schedule
a typical day would involve us uninstalling desktops, replacing them with the new ones then configuring them with the network
(Multiple Client’s) Advanced Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer/Analyst
Advanced Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer/Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
(Multiple Client’s) Advanced Tier 3 Tech Support Engineer/Analyst
Good work environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 26, 2015
This company has opportunity for self-guided work and also opportunities for site technicians. Good company to work for as an entry level technician. Interesting management styles to work with and run into. Requires great customer service skills.
Decent Company
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: it's a job
Cons: it's a job
What do you expect from a company in today's world. CompuCom has a lot of glaring faults, but for the most part they are as good as any other company. Their pay isn't exceptional and their managment isn't anything that stands out. They base their company on all the typical metric that cause employees to hate their job. If companies just realized that they'd get more out of their employees if they gave them reasons to want to give more they'd be more profitable over all.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Salaries