CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Hires anyone
Project Lead (Former Employee), Philadephia, PAJanuary 15, 2014
great company to work for. Can be a little stressful due to no job security or advancement.
Team oriented, challenging and fulfilling
Lan Administrator (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day at work would be resolving customer issues with networking, active directory, application support, and win 7 migration upgrades.

Over the past 18 years, I've learned the value of teamwork, time management, follow up, and extensive troubleshooting background.

My co-workers are such an integral part of the team, each one adding there years – more... of invaluable experience.

The hardest part of the job is trying to reach remote users.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the scoring of my services. – less
great
IT Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 12, 2014
I love working here. Everyone is very respectful. Everyday I wake up with a smile on my face, and go to sleep with it as well.
the people are great, but not the company
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 12, 2014
the local Management and people are great to work with, but the corporate level only cares about money.
I install and repair Apple and dell computers
CompuCom (formerly Getronics) was a great company to work for
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great local management. ability to work from home.
Cons: elimination of jobs to send overseas.
Local management appreciated their employees and their performance. This was a dream job. Unfortunately, jobs are being sent overseas of which caused a lot of lay-offs and eventually the closing of the Houston offices.
Great Company.
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: tech experience, ability to travel, good pay
Cons: n/a
What I most liked about CompuCom was the movement I had from project to project. One day I would be in the heart of Washington, D.C. and the next day I would be in Alexandria, VA. I never got too comfortable on one project (which is exactly what I wanted). I got to work with a variety of big company clients to help solve their technical needs. Whether – more... it was replacing computer hardware or help solving mind-numbing problems. It's something I was very proud of doing and I would recommend anyone to strive to work for a great company such as CompuCom. Management was always helpful, other fellow technicians were very friendly, and all of that just created a healthy work environment. – less
Fun and learning experience
Level 1 Computer Technician (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 8, 2014
every day there is always something to do great work enviroment.
Will Never Refer Someone To Work At CompuCom
CAS Temp (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: everything
Management is bad they lie to you and you dont get paid enough for what you deal with.
Good company that gave me my first opportunity
Deskside Support Technician (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INJanuary 7, 2014
This company has been a very good company to work for and has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge base by allowing me to operate at two different sites.
Tough place to work especially on second shift hours
PC-Configuration Technician, Contractor (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJDecember 30, 2013
Cons: only two fifteen minutes breaks, standing for 8 hours on hard floors
Co workers seem to be the only best part of the job, not learning much. Management not great. Hard part of the job is the standing for eights hours on hard floors with little breaks in the configuration department and its a warehouse envirement not a traditional technical job.

18ga810qg5ncg9q1 – February 8, 2014

Yes I agree I worked for this location too in Paulsboro, I quit because it was a horrible experience, management was horrible, working conditions were horrible. They bury work on you and management doesn't care about you just about themselves and they tend to verbally strong arm you and lie to you to work overtime and you only get two breaks isn't this against labor laws?. Chance for advancement is slim at best, there is a very high turnover rate of exployees. 7 left prior to me leaving during my 7 months there.

Great customer service builder
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: long hours
This job shows you a better way of customer service. You have to deal with a diverse culture.
Very Respected Company
Desktop Infrastructure Support (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: very well respected company, good compensation, longer term employment, competent personnel, notable clients
Cons: compucom often hard to reach, hires through staffing agencies, company doesn't respond to most applicants
CompuCom generally hires through staffing agencies like Sullivan & Cogliano. I have benefitted with good opportunities having worked with CompuCom in the past. The company seems well respected in the IT industry and employers often select former CompuCom applicants over others. Most IT professions report difficulty in getting hired by CompuCom as they – more... seldom ever receive a response upon application for posted open positions. (I consider myself a per diem employee) – less
Daily work
Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 4, 2013
Pros: take lunch and breaks when you need too.
Cons: not many
As a CompuCom field Tech you are on the road all the time which is great because riding a desk can get boring. I was given many projects and different types of jobs. You are exposed to many company's really great experience.
Nice place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 18, 2013
CompuCom was a good place to work but as an contractor it was hard to wait for the next project to come along, At times not having work for up to 5 weeks was hard to be able to provide for my family.
Nice Comapany to work with
Hardware Administrator (Former Employee), New London, CTNovember 7, 2013
Good company to work for
treated you with respect and dinnity
Out standing work and family ballance
Field POS service technician (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: too many on call rotations
Daily deities change day by day. One day I can do nothing but server and Cisco work, and other days I can do POS register repairs and Xerox break fix.
Mangers on my team are very fair and helpful. They pitch in when they are needed.
The work load and family balance has changed over the last year with growing demands in our service and obtaining newer – more... contracts. But the balance is still pretty good. – less
Very nice people and great atmosphere - Inisght Global
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and friendly people
Cons: no no bad relations all positive
Everyone is very personable and very helpful. I would recommend this company to any of my friends.
This company is an excellent company to work for.
Senior PC Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 28, 2013
Pros: benefits and staff are elite.
Cons: no knocks on this company.
The Resource Managers at the Company were absolutely marvelous. Also, the pay rate was excellent!
Help desk
Help desk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2013
Working for Compucom was pleasant nice clean environment. Co workers were easy to work with.
a fun place to work for, great people that help and support each other
IT Internship (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: break room with free snacks
you learn a lot being with these guys as an intern, you go through their daily routines at work with them, and they tell you a lot of information regarding their field.
the job is very enjoyable, you get new problems to fix everyday, and gives you a challenge.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos