CompuCom Employee Reviews

Work- Life Balance
Analyst (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 29, 2017
Do your job and be happy to have one seems to be the culture.
A lot of festivities throughout the year if you were located at corporate in Dallas. Overall a good crowd of colleagues to work together with. My manager was very compassionate on personal tragedies involving his team, but appraisals were always prefabricad and never fully indicative of efforts and challenges in the field.

Overall, More chiefs than Indians I think, plus Healthcare and other benefits here is best in name only.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Cons
Little chance of advancement opportunities, sharky and ripoff healthcare provision
Best building ever
Storage Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2017
Best place to work in the world. Nicest group of people on the planet. Machines that dispense food! Machines to heat that food up! Free ice and water! Lovely area for working with lots of walking space.
Pros
Lots of fun!
Cons
Terrible traffic
Things could be better.
PC Desktop Retail Refresh (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2017
As it is with most employers in the United States of America at the present time or era, employers could pay better salaries for skilled employees. Employers could be more understanding of employee's life to work balance. Women could be paid more equally to men especially when performing the exact same job roles at the exact same performance levels.
Pros
It's a decent paying job, in a decent technically skilled field.
Cons
Too much of American IT Support is currently outsourced abroad.
Great working partners
Unix Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2017
Compucom seemed to hire good people with necessary credentials.
The work environment was nice but I personally did work from home.
I liked the management very well.
The reason I left was CompuCom's loss of a major support contract.
CompuCom was not able to find work for a huge number of people displaced by this loss of a contract. CompuCom loss the Contract to an Indian firm. This was a low-ball bid by the Indian company and a lot of this happens nowadays.

I have no disrespect for ComppuCom in this situation.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
job security
was a good place to work
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
was a good place to work, realistic expectations.
high end customers who expected high end service.
benefits were great as was the work life balance.
Good people and valuable experience
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2017
Worked in professional services with some of the best colleagues anywhere ever. Gained tremendously valuable and relevant experience. Earned multiple certifications to advance my career.

Pay and benefits are okay, not great.

Some managers are outstanding, others are good. All work as hard as those on their teams if not harder.
Pros
PTO increased with tenure. Teamwork and support among associates is incredible.
Cons
Some work is under-resourced; we worked harder to do good work.
Tech unfriendly
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 18, 2017
large company dependent on technicians, yet is a culture of management. If you like pre Madonna management, where favorites are played, then CompuCom is for you
Pros
some freedom
Cons
low pay, bad management
IT job that is very flexible
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at CompuCom. We worked as a team and got the job done. There were many times that you could set your own schedule and actually have a life outside of work. The managers that I had there were exceptional.
Thsi company is a good stepping stone
System Analyst/Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
They were not the best to work for. They don't care if you work more then 40 hours and you are salary, so that means no OT. They don't, have a good handle on their management.
Amazing Job
IT Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Awesome place to work, very laid back, competitive compensation, professional atmosphere, room for advancement. Pat Bruno is the best boss I've ever had.
Good work environment, pay could be better
IT Service Desk Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed the work environment. The team worked well together. The pay was not very good. There was a pay freeze when I left. The insurance didn't cover all my son's medications.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
pay and health insurance
Competitive Workplace, work from home opportunity
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 13, 2017
My current position at CompuCom has been a fantastic learning experience. Every day is a new challenge and a new learning experience. I feel that my experience at CompuCom has really helped me work toward my goal of being a successful Project Manager.
Pros
Flexibility, working from home
Cons
More than 40 hours per week consistently
Nothing to say
traveling technician dedicated (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
The Morley Twin Mix is designed to route two input signals to two output sources. Each input has its own level control to balance different input levels. Each input also has a mute switch. LED Indication shows which input signal is engaged or muted. When using only Output A, both inputs are combined
Not a good place to work
Technical Operations, Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
I recommend that you avoid working here if possible. It is a very poorly managed company with no common sense to what they do. It is very "clic-ish" and advancement is based on who you know and not on your performance. Compensation is minimal for the workload expected of you.
I was a contractor
Desktop Tech - Windows 7 Migration (Former Employee) –  Montour Falls, NYSeptember 11, 2017
This was a temporary assignment to migrate PCs and laptops from Windows XP to Windows 7. I supported anxious end-users with both hardware and software issues.
Pros
Good project manager and co-workers.
Cons
Can't think of any
Good People, gain lots of experience
Project Migration Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
a typical day at work is pretty normal, do you job, normal the job is repetitive with IT support. same issues, different day. I have learn about information technologies, dealing with customer and how to solve problems. the management is not on site, and rarely visits the the employees. Boredom and difficult clients can make the day painful. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning new information and creating new ideas.
Pros
Pay, health care, insurance
Cons
lack of growth
excellent Company to work with
Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTSeptember 7, 2017
excellent company to work for
great management
Love working for Gerard Cacace and Greeg Giowna
every day is a leaning experience there at Pfizer working through Compucom.

Great team , great staff, great oportunity
Great environment
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 7, 2017
Management at Minneapolis location was great; they advocated for their employees and went to great lengths to show their appreciation for hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team-oriented culture, the hardest part of the job was getting the salary you deserve as there were multiple levels of approval before a raise or title change could be discussed. A lot of my project management skills came from this job and that is the biggest takeaway I have.
Open atmosphere
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 6, 2017
The management team seemed uninterested when issues are brought to their attention. I felt that the management team lacked professionalism. Co-workers bickered.
Pros
Company party
Cons
did not use medical insurance. I remained on spouces plan because of the rates.
it was a good run
Program Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 6, 2017
Was treated very well, enjoyed working from home, I was a part of a great team, made a lot of great connections, management was good, I have no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8