CompuCom Employee Reviews

Flexible Schedule
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Kissimmee, Fla.May 4, 2015
Pros: Miles are Paid
Cons: Poor Management.
Nice Flexible Schedule. Good company to work for and Learn new things. The good thing is that you do something different in IT and you learn Multiple things.
Server atapirs Administrator (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 4, 2015
This is a good place to work if you require flexibility, multiple shifts and various days. I have enjoed working for CompuCom.
Ticketing management (Current Employee), Warner Bros studios BurbankMay 1, 2015
A great company to which I was able to excel in both my technical skills and personal skills. And further my base knowledge on how the technical field works in any work force. And how important it is in all aspects of job fields.
Decent Company
Computer Technician (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 30, 2015
The Work was pretty easy to handle, unpackage and set up pcs and card readers. although the company never called me back for more work, i still think theyre pretty decent
Right Opportunity, Wrong Timing
Team Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee), Beaverton, OregonApril 29, 2015
Started down the management track by taking a supervisory role onsite at a "sports apparel" company in Beaverton, but was subbed under the company which had the IT contract.. and lost it after the RFP came back.. so we were out. The job itself was fine as was my boss.
Mediocre contract company
Network Support Specialist Level 1 (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great people.
Cons: Poor management.
The people I work with here on the desk are simply amazing, and the general atmosphere is supportive. I love it here from that perspective.

The management is unorganized, has no vision, and seems to only really connect with the team when there's something wrong. There is no forward looking direction for the team.

The pay is sub-par. The job is intensive, demanding, and stressful. The only thing that makes it bearable are the other L1 techs.
Constantly changing and demanding world of IT
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 27, 2015
Enjoyed working with the people on my team, the job functions I perform are challenging and entertaining at times. I have grown and learned a lot from this company and will continue to pursue a career in the IT field due to my experience with the company
Decent co-workers, no real advancement
L2 support (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 25, 2015
You will learn an ok amount and you can move around a little bit but this is really a stepping stone unless you plan to be with them for 8 years or more.
Meeting people at the various stores was very exciting
Field Technician (Former Employee), Central New YorkApril 24, 2015
Pros: The free training to get computer certifications
Cons: The pay was a little lower than I expected with the skills that I have.
I maintained computers,registers, printers and networks at ten store locations. Also, learned how to troubleshoot network connectivity on fiber network using laser lighting and other various tools. I worked alone and my manager was out of state so I did not converse with him regularly.
Hardest part of the job was that you didn't no what to expect when you arrived at the store. You might be swamped with work or not busy at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are meeting with nice people for the most part.
Good starting point
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2015
Good place to gain experience, great work/life balance, mileage reimbursement is always a plus, you also can train quite a bit

Cons would be there is no sense of job security at all. For field service 40 hours is not guaranteed
Execellent enviroment
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, environment, management
I worked in this Compucom for over a year, they bought Getronics in America which is where I spent most of my working years.
Depending of contract, hours are flexible, excellent benefits and most of managers are really nice and professional. Strict but nice. They encourage to keep up to date on your technical skills. They keep up to date on reviews, not always a raise but they pay is not that bad and they try to balance the work load for employees.
Work Efficient....
Service Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VirigniaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for.....
Cons: Demand too much training in a short time
Boss are understanding, acknowledge when you do a good job with compensation and email annoucements. Helpful to any diffcult clients and support their employees in all demands. You must be A+ certfied and networking ability.
Great company to work for
Field Technician (Current Employee), MississpiApril 15, 2015
I enjoy the people and work. I have had a chance to work with a wide variety of equipment gaining valuable experience and developing great relationships
Fun and challenges
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: Short contract, seasonal position
I supported hardware, software, printers and network. But if something went down, we have to face the challenges, we had to resolve them as quickly as possible
A day in the life
IT consultant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2015
Pros: Work with great and knowledgeable people. Clients were also very easy to communicate with.
Cons: Had to use own vehicle; which could account for more than four hours of just driving, lack of practical trainingkof real time training, as\\
Without having specific point of sale knowledge, I was expected to know how to take them apart, and why it wasn't working. While my managers were great people, I was never truly trained for this position. What I did do, was drive some four hours a day, to not know what to to when I got there. The people and resources were great, just made me curious as if they really wanted me succeed.
Compucom
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Lack of Job Security
Compucom is a great company that allows you to have lots of independence, but there is not much job security. Hours are flexible depending on your manager and sometimes you are demanded to work on a weekend.
Job work / Life Balance
Technical Support Analysts (Current Employee), Bayer / Merck, Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Job and work life balance
Cons: As a contract to hire the cons for me is I was suppose to get hired in October 2014, Merck was bought by Bayer and the 1st day of business for Bayer was October 2, 2015
This company's job and work life balance is at a great level. I have learned a great deal working at Merck and supporting Merck users for Compucom.
Probably My least favorite company
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Andover, MAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: low pay and extensive expectations
Cheap company and managers expect well more than what they pay for. Typical outsource company that charges enterprises large amounts of money and pay the workers very little.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 29, 2015
I would not recommend working for CompuCom. They will not guarantee any hours which is hard for anyone to budget for.
Good management. Lousy work. Good team environment.
Fun Place, but Low Pay for Contracted people
Patching Team (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 24, 2015
I 100% enjoy working here, but it is hard survive with a family of 4 with the income that they pay you. Other than that its a good place to learn and grow.
Headquarters