CompuCom Employee Reviews

A challenging job
Class Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 20, 2016
The job itself was challenging, However management is by far lacking. Compucom has a very high turn over rate.
This is due to a lead that screams and belittle the employees.
great work enviorment
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 15, 2016
great work vibe friendly place. very motivated clean great coworkers you can trust. the attention your boss gives you is over whelming.
everyone helps each other.
Pros
great work space
Cons
short breaks
Great Team Work on the Network Team - Poor Salaries
Network Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2016
I really enjoy working with the Team members I work with on the Ameriprise Program Support Center Team. Very knowledgeable and quite helpful when it comes to great teamwork. Love my job working with our client's Remote Worker program. The Managers are friendly and cooperative and will go the extra mile to work through any issues we come across during the entire Remote setup process. I have a learned a great deal working on Cisco 800 Series Routers and Cisco 7961 & 7962 IP Phones. I've learned a large amount of Cisco Router configurations and network troubleshooting strategies and methods. It's been an awesome experience working with this team of engineers. The hardest part of this job is probably that there are little to no raises given here. It's very hard to be motivated to give your all to a job or career, that is not willing to compensate you for your efforts. 8 years of service with one raise...and I had to go to HR personally to get that one. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with on a daily basis - both my company and our Clients. Other than the monetary aspect of this job, I really do love it here!
Pros
Great people to work with, great benefits, good work atmosphere
Cons
No raises, doing more than one person's job for very low pay.
Great teamwork and dedicated workers
Portfolio Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2016
The team of people that I worked with were strong in their areas of expertise and were always willing to offer their support.
Pros
Worked remote
Cons
Little job advancement
Resources
Project Team Lead / Project Management (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 13, 2016
I don't want to say anything negative here but the company on this project and previous projects were not laid out in detail. Upper management didn't understand the complexity and possible outcome of the project.
Pros
Long Term
Cons
Temporary
Compucom
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2016
Compucom is an excellent company to work for if you are low tier or mid tier computer tech, they will give the experience you need to progress in your career field and increase your career network. If you are upper tier the raises are few and far between, the promotions are slow in coming.
Used to be a good place to work
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 11, 2016
When I started CompuCom was one of the best places in the area to work. As the company was bought/sold/reorganized over and over the quality of the benefits went down.

When I left I hadn't had a raise in 6yrs and my health care costs had gone up by 25/30%.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no raises
Uninspired Loyalty
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 8, 2016
CompuCom was at one time a great company to work for, however, there have been no raises, merit or annual, since 2010. They do not inspire their associates to work hard and improve on a daily basis. They do not inspire loyalty to remain at the company for more than a few years, if that long. This company is a great stepping stone in one's career, but to remain longer than 5 years is detrimental to your career. There is really no way to advance in a career other than going the management route. Once you have obtained a Sr title, that is as far as you will go.
Summary
Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 7, 2016
Typical day was going out and servicing clients throughout the Kansas and Missouri area doing different things with computers, servers, printers and point of sale equipment
Great place to start!
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
CompuCom has been the launching pad for my IT career. I have experience deployed as a dedicated onsite technician and as a field technician. There aren't a lot of jobs out there that afford you the flexibility of working in the field. I honestly love my job as a field technician. If you're ambitious, and disciplined, it's easy to out work the competition and gain some recognition.

Compensation: I haven't gotten a raise in 3 years though I have been rated as a "consistently exceeds expectations "employee for the last 2. Do what you want with that.

There isn't a lot of interaction with your peers as you are working independently for the most part. I have built one solid relationship with a senior tech that covers the same area as me, I love the guy and appreciate him showing me the ropes. This will be a relationship that lasts a life time. I can't really picture my job without him!
Pros
Company paid phone plan (or stipend), company laptop, paid mileage, flexible work hours
Cons
No clear path for advancement, bottom end to middle of the road compensation (the medical benefits are terrible)
IT Services depends on contracts
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
If you are in HQ you have a better chance on sustaining employment. Outside of HQ it is all about contracts. As in any contractual business, if there are no contracts, there is no need for staffing.

Benefits went down the tubes in the last years. Some say due to the Affordable Healthcare Act which forced companies to change there options. Either way, my deductibles went up and my plan options went down.

Depending on the type of employment, work life balance can be good. If you are low on the totem pole and onsite at a client, that can be a different story.
Pros
Work life balance can be a postive.
Cons
Contractual based, healthcare plans
Excellent staff
Desktop Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 4, 2016
The staff at Compucom are excellent to work with and for, and they go the extra mile to assist an employee in every way possible.
rewards mediocrity
Business Development and Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 3, 2016
CompuCom relies on farmers not hunters for associates. A typical day is taking orders from existing customers and not trying to understand why.
I learned that being aggressive and assertive gets you no where
Co-workers are supportive and cooperative
hardest part of the job is fitting in to the culture
Pros
many products to represent
Cons
absentee support
Worst company to work for
Desktop Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 2, 2016
Bad management and over time isn't allowed and even when you happen to work overtime you don't even get paid for it. Your job is never secured because they are obligated to layoff a certain amount of employees a year.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management
Dont work here unless you are in risk of being homeless.
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 30, 2016
Raises are non-existent
Management Team is sub-par.
No attention to detail
Employee retention is poor
Employee moral is poor
Training is baptism by fire
Workload is enough for 3 people each.

Don't work for this company unless you are in risk of being homeless, it's good for nothing but an add on a resume, there is no future here and it's painful to work everyday while you are here.
Pros
Decent amount of PTO, Semi-Flexible schedule.
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Wouldn't recommend
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 27, 2016
Management will happily overwork and cut staff, and add additional responsibility to the point where one person is doing the work of 3-5 people.
Increases and bonuses are non-existant, and rewards for hard work are more likely to be recognized by the client than by Compucom.
They do not retain talent, and will hire bodies, and the training is non-existent, basically throwing any new people into the fire.
The company is always looking to cut costs, and will release you from a project to rehire at a lower rate for the same or additional work.
Pros
Certifications
Cons
Everything else
call center, sucks
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
like handling remote, complicated IT issues over the phone with only a simple user to explain the issue to you? here you go. enjoy.
Not the best place I've ever worked
Sales (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 24, 2016
Culture is OK but imbedded with deep-rooted practices by 1 or 2 people.

That management is not that concerned with employee morale - more concerned by how much their bonuses are.

3 years never had a raise in pay but two managers said they would get one for me.

Bad communication.
Admin Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLJune 20, 2016
First Citizens Federal Credit Union was the best job I have ever worked at and if it were not for me moving to Florida from Massachusetts, I would probably still be working there.
Desktop Technician/HelpDesk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 20, 2016
Good work environment. Helpful people. Flexible work schedule.
Friendly people with easy commute. Scheduling was timely and organized. Solid working structure.

2.8