CompuCom Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good company to work for depending on the assignment
Deskside Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 16, 2017
Like many contracting firms, it's where you are placed more than whom you contract through that makes a job enjoyable. My main placement was an enjoyable place to work with a team spirit that extended to the contract portion of the work force.
Work both corporate and refinery locations for Chevron
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 15, 2017
Advanced within Compucom from handling Break Fix to Inventory Management. Repaired company hardware, replaced parts, processed part inventory. On site support for current and closed associated facilities. Managed technology and refinery assets for over 3k+ employees and thousands of contractors. Assisted with special projects throughout California and Hawaii.
Pros
8to5 or flex
Cons
No Pay raises
Uncertain and frustrating
L2 Deskside support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
The work environment isn't bad. Pay is low for industry. Management is non-responsive to requests for resources and issue resolution. Good clients but the company is not structured for developing employees or employ growth of any kind.
Pros
Paid days off for major holidays
Cons
No communication in the ranks, weak management little direction, no pay increases
A decent company to work for.
INVENTORY CONTROL ASSOCIATE AT GE DIGITAL (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 14, 2017
I just wrapped up 5 years of CompuCom. My typical day of work consisted of asset/inventory management--making sure we had enough stock---computers and peripherals to maintain a high level of client (GE Digital) customer service. I would image and deploy computers as well as handle computers that were returned at lease end. Also, I was part of a team that procured and distributed software for GE Digital Employees worldwide. In the 5 years I was there, the greatest thing I learned was the ability to adapt quickly to job responsibilities, self management, and policy changes. The workplace culture was pretty cool. It was great to be part of a large team to assist GE Employees and contractors with their hardware/software needs. It was also nice to be recognized by high-level GE management when their requests were promptly executed. Both the CompuCom and GE managers were very supportive.
Pros
Working with great people. Plenty of free coffee/fruit.
Cons
CompuCom's medical plan is expensive/skimpy.
CompuComm
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2017
My time there was short but enjoyed the time I was there. I know people that have gone on to join the company and be very successful. This is a good company to work for.
Run Away
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2017
If you want a work-life balance, do not work for CompuCom. I am a single father with a lot outside interests. CompuCom's culture does not appreciate that. They want people who live and breathe work. Not only has my health suffered, but so has personal and family life.
Pros
Cons
Listed above
Fun Place to Work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJuly 13, 2017
Very fun place to work. You can manage your own time as long as your work gets done.

Very well organized and they give you the tools you need in order to succeed.
Pros
Organized, Fun, Appreciative
Love working here!
WFM Team Memeber (Current Employee) –  LouisivilleJuly 12, 2017
It's very nice work environment. I love working with my team. The agents are super nice, and the managers are my favorite people to work with. This is an IT company that gives tech support.
working
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJuly 12, 2017
support users, repair software, repair hardware, install printers on machines, setup computers and printers. Taking tickets and resolving issues user may have.
Pros
free lunches, holidays, Pto
Cons
raises, slowness, lack of communication pertaining to the site
Ok
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 11, 2017
Enjoyed working with the people but never got a pay increase in 4 years.

Company did not give out raises due to issues with company finances.

Great starter/entry level job
Self decision for work
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 11, 2017
All co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is OK. Workplace culture are good. Learned to interact with the clients and customers with their feedback.
Good place to work.
IT support (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 10, 2017
Taking care of my users making sure they stay happy. Helping them with computer problems. Making sure their computers are running at normal speed. Everybody there are very nice people to e around .
Pros
Job security.
Cons
Working without supervision.
I was based on site at the Company that i was assigned too.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2017
No daily contact with Compucom, except conference calls and tech chat platforms all my contact was with the client the service was provided for. I was the sole support person on site so i cannot comment on their work place culture.
Unorganized company
Data Quality Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2017
First, I worked internal support - not directly doing customer-facing work, so this isn't a "helpdesk jobs suck" review. My position was as a database and business intelligence developer. Manager had never managed any development teams. Destined to fail. Position was on wrong team. High level leadership is currently looking to save 20% on every team - easiest place to do that (especially in a service industry) is headcount, and that's what they did. Moved most resources to Mexico or India.
Cons
Poor benefits - got progressively worse, totally unorganized "structure"
see resume
Service Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 9, 2017
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Daily at Compucom
Field Service Technician (Lowes Hardware stores) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2017
Visit 2 stores each day, completing specific work orders as provided by my manager.

Walk each store checking each terminal & point of sale computers to be sure they are on-line and there are no issues with its peripherals
Working at the store you get to know and develop a report with the associates and managers.
Pros
vehicle provided
Cons
all stores must be visited each week
Company cares more about numbers
Contractor - GE Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 6, 2017
Worked for CompuCom for more than 5 years. Every year our positions were at risk. This place did not appreciate the workers they had employed. The company would send out communications at how well they were operating yet, would not invest in the people.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Never having job security
Communicating Group
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJuly 6, 2017
the group at CompuCom communicate very well with each other to complete task at hand. all upper management provide good working environment and training. respect and opportunities to learn was well provided.
Pros
respect and well advised
Cons
salary and healthcare
they hire too many employes and lay off so quicky
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAJuly 5, 2017
would not suggest this company as its through a head hunter and they hire and fire within the same time it seems. not much can say about ceo as i never got to meet the guy or girl.
it's a good place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2017
It's agood place to work if your not looking for to much advancements and raises!

Work days can be slow depeding on your account .
management is really nice

the hardest part is being bored

the most enjoyable is the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
laid back place to work
Cons
no advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8