CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Tough place to work especially on second shift hours
PC-Configuration Technician, Contractor (Current Employee), Paulsboro, NJDecember 30, 2013
Cons: only two fifteen minutes breaks, standing for 8 hours on hard floors
Co workers seem to be the only best part of the job, not learning much. Management not great. Hard part of the job is the standing for eights hours on hard floors with little breaks in the configuration department and its a warehouse envirement not a traditional technical job.

18ga810qg5ncg9q1 – February 8, 2014

Yes I agree I worked for this location too in Paulsboro, I quit because it was a horrible experience, management was horrible, working conditions were horrible. They bury work on you and management doesn't care about you just about themselves and they tend to verbally strong arm you and lie to you to work overtime and you only get two breaks isn't this against labor laws?. Chance for advancement is slim at best, there is a very high turnover rate of exployees. 7 left prior to me leaving during my 7 months there.

Great customer service builder
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: long hours
This job shows you a better way of customer service. You have to deal with a diverse culture.
Very Respected Company
Desktop Infrastructure Support (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: very well respected company, good compensation, longer term employment, competent personnel, notable clients
Cons: compucom often hard to reach, hires through staffing agencies, company doesn't respond to most applicants
CompuCom generally hires through staffing agencies like Sullivan & Cogliano. I have benefitted with good opportunities having worked with CompuCom in the past. The company seems well respected in the IT industry and employers often select former CompuCom applicants over others. Most IT professions report difficulty in getting hired by CompuCom as they – more... seldom ever receive a response upon application for posted open positions. (I consider myself a per diem employee) – less
Daily work
Field Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 4, 2013
Pros: take lunch and breaks when you need too.
Cons: not many
As a CompuCom field Tech you are on the road all the time which is great because riding a desk can get boring. I was given many projects and different types of jobs. You are exposed to many company's really great experience.
Nice place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 18, 2013
CompuCom was a good place to work but as an contractor it was hard to wait for the next project to come along, At times not having work for up to 5 weeks was hard to be able to provide for my family.
Nice Comapany to work with
Hardware Administrator (Former Employee), New London, CTNovember 7, 2013
Good company to work for
treated you with respect and dinnity
Out standing work and family ballance
Field POS service technician (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: too many on call rotations
Daily deities change day by day. One day I can do nothing but server and Cisco work, and other days I can do POS register repairs and Xerox break fix.
Mangers on my team are very fair and helpful. They pitch in when they are needed.
The work load and family balance has changed over the last year with growing demands in our service and obtaining newer – more... contracts. But the balance is still pretty good. – less
Very nice people and great atmosphere - Inisght Global
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and friendly people
Cons: no no bad relations all positive
Everyone is very personable and very helpful. I would recommend this company to any of my friends.
This company is an excellent company to work for.
Senior PC Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TxOctober 28, 2013
Pros: benefits and staff are elite.
Cons: no knocks on this company.
The Resource Managers at the Company were absolutely marvelous. Also, the pay rate was excellent!
Help desk
Help desk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 23, 2013
Working for Compucom was pleasant nice clean environment. Co workers were easy to work with.
a fun place to work for, great people that help and support each other
IT Internship (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: break room with free snacks
you learn a lot being with these guys as an intern, you go through their daily routines at work with them, and they tell you a lot of information regarding their field.
the job is very enjoyable, you get new problems to fix everyday, and gives you a challenge.
Very nice people. Takes a while to go full time...
Clarify PC Part Technician (Current Employee), PaulsboroSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: nice people and management.
Cons: low pay. work can be repetitive.
Very nice management and overall a very pleasant place to work. Seems like everybody starts out as a contracted worker and it takes about a year or two to become full time. Pay is kind of low but overall an OK job.
Working with US Based Clients
Technical System Administrator (Current Employee), Pune IndiaSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: breakfast coupons for night shift employees
Cons: two breaks
Working with Complete Graveyard shift
Learned US accent and more about hardware and software issues related to computers,laptops, printers
Hardest part of the job is when a client is irritated and to tackle him calmly and make him comfortable and happy with the service
talking to US clients without knowing each other talking about wheather and weekend – more... plans and many more – less
productive workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2013
Worked with a small team on modifying mobile optical devices for a client. Objectives were clearly defined, co-workers and supervisors were friendly.
IT Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2013
Poor management. They don't support their employees very well. You have to learn it all on your own, then they blame you if it's not done correctly. Found it hard to not to work extra hours and I never got paid for the hrs I did overtime. I found the area of coverage to work overwhelming. They don't have enough techs to cover all the work they have – more... to do efficiently. – less
Great place to work very relaxed and fun. They were very team oriented.
Home Depot/Walgreens/Walmart Assistant (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great co-workers and management
Cons: there was no chance for advancement at this job.
My day would include taking calls from techs and logging their times. Sending hotel requests and receiving confirmation and reporting back to the tech in need. Making outbound calls to stores to inform them of a scheduled upgrade. Keeping track of packages containing hardware for upgrades. Confirming with stores out of compliance that they needed to – more... see if they could resolve the issue themselves if not I could contact a tech and send them out. I learned a great deal about computers and Microsoft office programs. Management was very friendly and did a lot of fun things for us in order to team build. My co-workers were very nice and laid back. They were fun to be around and we often lunched together in groups. The hardest part of this job was learning how to use Microsoft Excel. The most enjoyable part of this job was all the fun team building treats that the management did for us. – less
Compucom is a great place to work to gain experience.
Senior Technical Support Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasSeptember 23, 2013
Compucom is a great place to work only because of my direct manager. We were given the freedom to manage our accounts. We were always involved in critical decision making discussions.
Great minor traveling position, repairing printers
Field Technician (Former Employee), Fargo, NDSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: gas reimbursement, good wages, start shift from home
Cons: sometimes difficult to communicate with management
Good company to work for whether you have a 90 day contract or full time. There was a lack of communication at the end of my 90 day contract however as to whether I was to continue on for Compucom or if my employment would end with my contract when I was being told I would continue on with the company.

Aside from that, great pay, freedom, lots of work – more... to do, chances for overtime pay. Up until the end, I loved the way the company worked and I would have enjoyed a career through Compucom. – less
Best Company to work for.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: subject to economy
At Compucom I sold over 15 million dollars per month in Computer hardware and software products. It was a very healthy environment to learn and hone your skills as a account manager.
Professional and pleasant work environment cares for the welfare of each employee
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free coffee, water, lunches, 401k, health benifits and certification reimbursement. online training too.
Typically high volume call center with critical production relative critical calls could stress most people out but Compucom structured approach and professional staff meets and exceeds BMWs high production standards and ensures 99.4% system availability and functionality. Happy customers equal Happy employees and exceptional production.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos