CompuCom Employee Reviews

So far its ok
Systems Integrations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 30, 2016
I have only been with the company for 6 months and I am actually at a client location so I really cannot comment on a some of the things as far as my typical day at work because my typical day is spent onsite with the client not actually with my CompuCom team. We do have weekly team meetings so I get to meet with my team members in that way (via phone and webex). Thus, I have only met my manager and one other team member in person. So far, I like the team members; all have been great and helpful.
Cons
Healthcare
No raises and lack of support for IT. Not a great place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  AnywhereJanuary 17, 2017
Management really doesn't care about anyone but themselves. They take the workers for granite and expect people to be simple drones and follow all orders without questioning it even if it does not make sense.
Pros
Good employees that try hard.
Cons
Management doesn't care about the working people.
Working in this field is enjoyable and have flixability to work with many forms of Cisco equipment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Going over daily work order (ticketing system)
Troubleshooting, MAC (move, add, changes) by due date
Preventive maintenance (log into network switches, identifying anomalies)
Learned fundamentals in networking, Cisco Call Management and Unified Messaging Systems
Installing and decommissioning routers and switches
Management lacks initiative to support workforce
Pros
On line web based training
Cons
Not a cost of living company. No increase in pay in the last 6 years
Good company to work with. I would stay with them if I could get a position where i want to live.
Field Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 8, 2016
As a dedicated tech I service a permanent set of locations for one client once a week on a set schedule for a set time period. When there is nothing needing service I am doing cable management to reduce likely hood of future problems and to make it easier to troubleshoot.
Pros
Good company to work with
Cons
Client dictated pay rate.
Low morale in office
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 28, 2017
The Executive I worked for was not very communicative. The employees that reported to him didn't seem happy. He traveled 90% of the time and left everything to me - his Assistant.

His personality was a Driver/Driver. Didn't have people skills.
Pros
None really
Cons
Lots
Contractor work
Printer, Blue, Red, Decommission Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 11, 2016
The job was great, I learned a lot from the professionals in the different industries. A lot of what I learned was due to being given the reigns to make informed decisions, trusting your co-workers and growing a corporation as a whole.
Pros
The different people that made going to work a joy
Cons
Horrible management, horrible unfair treatment from management
Temporary Job
Technical Support to Field Team (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARFebruary 20, 2017
I did well at Compucom and got a promotion within the first month. Unfortunately the trainer was very difficult to work with. Everybody else in the company was very pleasant.
Pros
Good tech experience
Cons
Poor hours
This is a 3rd party outsourcing company
Information Security Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2017
The company as a whole is not terrible. They have multiple customers for the Network and Security teams. The management changed frequently and was hard to keep up with.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
A little to much work for the pay
Unemployed after 5 months
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2017
I liked working at CompuCom. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the pay was decent. However, I was terminated without notice, and not for anything I did wrong. The company decided to "restructure" and "Eliminate my position". I am now unemployed after being told I was being hired for a full time, long term position.
Pros
Occasional free food
Cons
Lack of training
Won't work here again
Project Management Analyst at Target (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2017
you would get email requests from customer explaining the work needing to be done,

you then reach out to the location to verify the work and a time frame so that you could arrange subcontractors and lifts.

follow up that the work was completed and then processed the invoices
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
Upper managers promising unrealistic time frames to customer
great experience working with peers and management.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Team members always willing to jump in and help solve problems.
Customer first mentality. Total quality management looking to eliminate waste in the work environment.
Great Place to Work
Tier 2 Configuration Tech (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MAJanuary 24, 2017
CompuCom was a great place to learn the ins and the outs of how to work on workstations hands on. I learned a great deal on how to replace mother boards and other components. I also gained experiencing shipping and receiving, and ordering parts to complete certain jobs. this is a great place to gain basic IT desktop support skills.
Pros
Great employees, Good experience
Cons
Pay is very low
I was paid travel pay of $25 per store, that helped
Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 13, 2017
not a bad job and was fairly easy for someone like myself. mostly it was replacing broken computers and printers. also we had 3 day weekends, not a bad touch.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no long term employment, but thats contracting.
CompuCom
Technical Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Working at CompuCom was a very rewarding experience, it gave me the opportunity to gain a lot of technical knowledge as we had to managed multiple clients on some contracts and job was never boring. Management was great always gave me the opportunity to try new things like QA, reporting and some Tier 2 duties. Had the pleasure to work with very experience people that made it fun to be a team and expand my technical knowledge..
Challenging Environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WINovember 17, 2016
I experienced many management changes which changed the direction of many assignments however I liked learning. Really appreciated working with other departments. They were really nice and effective.
Pros
Loved some of the assignments
Cons
Felt like management was misleading and dishonest
not that great
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 13, 2015
this company does not give raises. the help desk is pretty much a life sentence. they're consistently guilty of Office favoritism. there are little to no chances for Promotion, as somebody either has to leave the company, or die in order for you to advance. there are no annual reviews, and your manager can decide whether or not your are capable of switching teams, if your not satisfied with your current contract here; he/she can stop you from switching. If you try to apply for a different position in the company, or an escalated position in the company, Your manager can (And will) stop you from gaining it, if they so choose. There are people here who have been here for two years, good technicians who aren't on a Pip, or on any form of disciplinary action, and they're stuck at Help desk level 1.
Pros
A paycheck, and great people
Cons
No raises, management is loose, office favortism, no promotions, manager can hault you from ever advancing if they cant afford to lose people on the contract, or they dont feel obligated to advance you.
Good company, bad management
DBA / Web Admin (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2017
They decided to maximize profits and move most business functions off shore (india). And laid off hundreds of dedicated employees.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad Management at executive level
Leader in End User Managed Services
DIRECTOR, PROPOSAL AND BID MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 5, 2017
CompuCom has a "Customer First" focus on solutioning and delivering services to Fortune 1000 clients. Services are customized to meet the unique needs of each client. All associates are dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a result, we rate as a Leader in the Gartner MQ for End User Outsourcing Services.
A mess of a Company
Program Mngmt Team Lead & Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCMarch 29, 2016
Pay and benefits were good. Got to work from home when I needed to. Management is clueless. There's no formal training. Just a figure it out attitude.
Enjoyed 13.5 years at CompuCom.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 9, 2016
CompuCom allowed me to flourish in the direction I wanted to take my career. I moved up in the company quickly and enjoyed the people and atmosphere.
Pros
Worked remote from home.
Cons
Health benefits could have been better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CompuCom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8