CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Comfortable atmosphere
Fidelity Investments (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHAugust 30, 2013
Pros: team work, no "boss"
Cons: travel and wear and tear to vehicle
Replaced old laptops and programmed new HP laptops with XP or Win 7 operating systems. Co-workers worked as a team to get employees laptops updated. Hardest part was commute to work. Great job over all.
CompuCom
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2013
I spent 7 years working for CompuCom (initially Getronics / KPN). I was promoted several times and eventually found myself on a contract doing what I enjoy most (Desktop Support). My days were spent doing break / fix, checking machines, and ordering parts to repair both laptop and desktop systems. Handling IMAC requests, reimages, data backup / restores, – more... and certain installations (most notably Bitlocker).

I really enjoyed the freedom that it brought as I was able to communicate with the clients directly and schedule all interactions accordingly. This allowed me to be very productive and this position overall the others I had with the company was the most rewarding. – less
Good company
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Norwood, MAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: traveling and repairing and installing computer systems
Cons: short term contract
I only worked for them on a short term contract basis so not really too familiar with the entire operation.
Great place to work, friendly staff, an overall wonderful experience.
Computer Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: friendly, easy to get along with staff, decent pay.
A typical work day for me consisted of, repairing PCs and printers, installing software, monitoring the functionality of the network, and servers, etc. On a different note, my co-workers and management were very easy to deal with, and get along with.
Honestly, there really wasn't any difficult part of the job I was doing. The most enjoyable part of – more... it all was, being able to do what I love to do for a living, and interacting with some wonderful people. – less
Great People to work with
Senior Technical Recruiter/Jr. Project Manager (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 20, 2013
CompuCom is a great place to work. Good work/life balance. Effective management team.
IT Tech (Former Employee), PaulsboroAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great management / co-workers
Cons: working as a temp
Intricate knowledge of various computer hardware and software
Practical application of principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment
Ability to troubleshoot efficiently to detect errors early
Able to Estimate IT repairs and maintenance
Detailed knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecom systems.
Able to – more... Problem Solve typical IT obstacles and put cost effective Solutions into action
Professional Speaking and Presentation Skills – less
Great Companies to work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Tewksbury, MAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great managers and supervisors. good health plans
Cons: a little stress sometimes but not bad
I was able to work independently and ;earned to assist customers with computers or products. We worked as a team and would assist each other when needed. My co-workers were very helpful and we worked well together. The hardest and best part of my job was when it was real busy but the day also went by fast. The most enjoyable is being able to interact – more... with people. – less
fun place to work, great people
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Attend conference call and then get to work. Prioritize the day by cases.
My Experience
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas TexasJuly 19, 2013
Pros: good team leads
Cons: took way to long to convert to a permanent hire
I was a contractor for 1 year and 4 months.
I learned a lot dealing with Software applications and how to troubleshoot
the issues that caused the applications not to work properly
Busy
Accounts Receicable Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 17, 2013
Co-workers were very helpful. This position was a very short contract position.
Challenging
Systems Support Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2013
Handling day to day HR issues.

Managing payroll and budget.

Quarterly reviews, mentoring and coaching.

Discipline and releasing associates is the hardest.

Recognition of accomplishments and paying bonuses is enjoyable.
Event Analysts
Event Analyst (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: contract was bought out
Working for Compucom has been a great experience. I have gained so much knowledge within these past 2 years. I have grown as an individual.
Pretty Good Company
L2 Compute Run Operations Leader (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJune 26, 2013
Pros: managers were great
Cons: compensation
The only issue I have is the lag on giving increases in compensation for promotions.
Small group, sublet several cubicles with other Compucom projects
Data Analyst/ PC Refresh Coordinator (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 19, 2013
Pros: it's a job
Cons: long commute, disorganized environment without any written procedures, processes that change constantly
Arrive to work, set up PC and get logged in to all necessary apps.
-check cc email where we manage internal email within the team
-check the Disney email for Cast Member communication about their Refresh appointment, or problems..etc.
-run a daily work flow report to help track and monitor the Refresh completions or re-schedules
-monitor an Incident – more... Queue and do what it takes to resolve any that are assigned to me
-Go through a Refresh Management Line Item(RMLI) Report checking for recent changes which would allow us to schedule a refresh
-Re-schedule Refreshes which intails finding the original invitation which could have be done manually or through the Refresh Scheduling Tool. The manual invite you need to check the calendar and find a date that will allow the additional of another Refresh, the one done through the Scheduling tool will give you available options for selected time frames. -- after selecting a new date and sending the new invite, I need to go into 2 different databases and update the schedule date and populate information on why it needed to be rescheduled. One is the Compucom QuickBase DB the other is in HP Service Manager which is how we communicate Refresh changes with our Xerox partners.
-Communicate with Disney Cast Members via email and telephone
-Participate in a daily 9:30 AM conference call. (Coordinators are in Atlanta and Orlando, and the technicians and Manager are in Orlando) – less
Good starting job but does not allow for career advancement
Level 2 Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhJune 12, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
I have been able to build my skills when working with large numbers of end users on a day to day basis. After six months of working in the environment my technical knowledge came to a stand still and i have not advanced my knowledge in IT. I chose to stay for an extended period of time in order to continue gaining experience in the field, but I am no – more... longer able to gain anymore knowledge while working for this company. – less
Good working place
PRINTER SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 10, 2013
The company core valves are compatible with mine, flexable working
hours
Great Place
GE Energy Contractor (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 9, 2013
Fun and very enjoyable, miss this place quite a lot, would go back in a heartbeat
Profitable company seeking to maximize profits by outsourcing jobs
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2013
CompuCom has been a profitable company every year of it's existence. Now a private corporation, they have chosen to maximize those profits by outsourcing jobs to India and Mexico. They have increased the number of vice-presidents, and have eliminated departments by sending jobs to other countries.
Consultant Job to convert desktop systems
Desktop Conversion Consultant (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJMay 30, 2013
Pros: very easy to work for this company
Cons: temp position
the salary for this particular job was very good

was reimbursed for travel expenses
Good place to start in your career, but no advancement
RELEASE MANAGER (Current Employee), USAMay 20, 2013
It is a good place to start in your career, but eventually there will be a stop in advancement, be it in regard to compensation or education for further job growth. Most of the workers are good people to work with, but management do not know/care on the challenges of their employees and not address them.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos