CompuCom

CompuCom Employee Reviews

Its a job
Systems integration specialist (Current Employee) –  MassJuly 14, 2015
I am a tech working at a customer site. CompuCom does not treat you like an employee when you have an issue. you are treated like a customer. Tough finding the information you need. HR is partly outsourced. Benefits suck.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Its just a job
Great knowledge and Experience Gained
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 9, 2015
 Hands-on experience in assembling PCs and peripherals.
 Understand all aspects of installing Windows operating systems
 Extensive knowledge of Android and iOS operating systems
 Ability to troubleshoot many issues such as hardware failure, network issues, and malware removal.
 Experienced with Point of Sale equipment troubleshooting
 Desk side IT Support
Fulfilling work environment
Priority Field Service Computer Science Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2015
Compucom is a great place to work. interactivity and a steady amount of travel made work quite enjoyable. access to training materials and certifications is worthwhile. i believe the hardest part of this job is the stress of job security as the company actively downsizes.
Pros
access to cerifications and trainings
Cons
Communication and Job security
Remote Tech Support
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 8, 2015
After being chosen/trained as A Team Lead they offered me a new position as a Remote Tech Support on the Wal-Mart/Sam's Account, typical day would receive 30-40 calls with techs onsite and support installing Mac addresses to everything from printers, thin clients, scales, teller mates, any device in the store environment and help tech trouble shoot and get the case closed out. I have learned how to use putty, power shell to run scripts, and do basic Cisco commands to find name, Mac, and IP. Such as Arp, nbtstat, and basic route -a, and sh ip under Cisco tool in netmgmt. The hardest part of job you never what level tech you would get onsite and how prepared or unprepared they were so I had to quickly access and get the right material out to resolve the problem with case. The most enjoyable part of the job was just that ever called was different and I learned a lot about the retail world in IT.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
short breaks, very busy.
Good company to work for.
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Compucom was a good company to work for. However, they were primarily a hardware based company that tried to get into the service business. They were not as successful as expected and reverted back their primary business function which was hardware.
Pros
Fun energetic company to work for
Cons
Offering Professional Services was short lived
Lots of hours and driving.
Field service tech (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 1, 2015
There is a lot of work, and a large area of coverage. It is the perfect job for the detail oriented. You office out of your house usually and work with little to no supervision.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Lots of hours.
Fantastic opportunity
Lead Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah,GAJune 22, 2015
Great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge within the information technology field. Gained experience in a variety of areas, application and hardware support, technical documentation, and excelling and exceeding SLAs based on predefined time frames and processes.
Pros
Education and Experience
Cons
No job security, inconsistent pay.
Productive, loyal with stong interpersonal skills
System Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJune 15, 2015
I enjoy interacting with clients and coworkers to accomplish a common goal. I have strong management skills and I enjoy watching my team members grow and learn new technology and skills which allow them to advance in their career.
Pros
Being in a positive work environment.
Cons
Not completing a task or project on time.
It gave me A chance to do what I loved
Sr. Field Engineer & Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 12, 2015
CompuCom gave me an opportunity to do what I loved, I was able to work for multiple clients. I also was able to learn great customer service skills and how to work in different company formats. I really learned a lot.
Pros
Started as a fortune 500 company
Cons
Decreased salaries
Foot in the door
Sytems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 8, 2015
Compucom can provide individuals with little experience and opportunity to gain that experience.

Compucom will not back the employee when push comes to shove and the customer is clearly in the wrong for fear of losing the account.

Compucom pays below RADFORD mid-level pay scale additionally they DO NOT give merit increases citing that the contract with the customer is never renegotiated just extended yet the workload and responsibilities continued to increase.

Compucom does however give $500 per employee towards qualified educational costs.

My peers however were bright, intelligent individuals who took pride in their work regardless of the lack of acknowledgement from the management.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
subpar pay, management backing is non-existant, minimal advancement opportunities
Enjoyed my time
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 6, 2015
This is a good company to work, enjoyed my time with them.Work closely with many knowledgeable people that were friendly and showed me the ropes.
Was good job at one point
Field Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington WVJune 3, 2015
CompuCom was a good company until about 6 months ago when HP dropped the Photosmart program , I had one manger in 4 1/2 years than 4 managers in four months. When Walmart dropped them back in march I knew they was in trouble, well in the last 2 weeks they have laid off 6 field technicians including me. I'm not bitter just disappointed that it was such a good company at one point and than within 6 months they lose 2 major contracts because they was unable to obtain the SLA that was set, truthfully I don't believe any company could obtain those tight SLA's unless that had tech with 10 miles of each site.
Pros
Time Off, Flexability
Cons
Micromanagment
Great Continuing Education and team environment Management helpful
IT Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2015
Review case logs
research cases
Establish Time of Arrival with the end-user
Introduce myself to point of contact
use diagnostics, troubleshooting materials and IT support channels to resolve customer's issue
log notes as I worked
Close case once user verify system is working

I learned how to use different diagnostic tools and IT support to achieve system fixes in a corporate environment

Management was helpful in getting setup on continuing education and getting you in touch with any help you need.

Coworkers were friendly and would sometimes call you about a job site to give helpful information and would give support to processes on different corporate sites

Hardest part of the job was sometime you would have to find were information was at and sometimes the accounts from another technician was not completely noted.

The most enjoyable part of the job was fixing an issue on site with out using a part. Kind of felt like a hero of the day.
Pros
Helpful co-workers and managment; Continiuing Education
Cons
Slow work days, Late workday sometimes 14 hours in a day
good place to get experience
IT Support & Solutions (Current Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJune 1, 2015
the company gave me a chance to build my skills. you have to really try to get fired a very forgiving co work on many types of eq and devices every call is a customer facing call
Ok
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 1, 2015
It was an "ok" place to work. They are in the middle of a re-org and several people have been laid off. I enjoyed my co-workers, however, they are worried they will be let go to.
Fun and Interesting place to work
CERTIFIED COMPUTER FIELD SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2015
My experience working for CompuCom Systems Inc. was a great opportunity to learn more about computers and how they function and serve purpose in the lives of companies on a daily basis.
Pretty Good Company
Field Service Tech (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 25, 2015
I love the work and the pay was fair for my area, but contracts coming and going for work made financial stability a little washy. Some months getting 60 hours a week and some were 15.
Field Services (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 23, 2015
Most of the people are really good to work with, and management except for occasions seems really level headed. Business had slowed down. At first, told no changes in employment. But with the slow down management is now saying there will be cuts. Get the story straight the first time.
Pros
benefits seem decent so far.
Cons
Expect long work hours when busy, but when slows down hours are over controlled. short weeks.
Great work environment...very hard to get things done within the company
SENIOR ENTERPRISE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 16, 2015
Large company with a lot of moving pieces that don't know what the other pieces are doing. Getting the different legs of the company to cooperate is a huge issue.
Good company
Server Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  AnalystMay 13, 2015
I love the job and managers i work for. Great people and excellent managers. Hopefully they'll expand their scope in the future.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
stability