CompuCom

CompuCom Employer Reviews

Good IT temp work
Field Technician (Former Employee), roanoke VaApril 24, 2013
Good pay, decent hours. Only downside is you usually are temp to hire so you will not have immediate job security.
Two years broken promises
GE Healthcare Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, Arlington Heights and Barrington IllinoisApril 20, 2013
Cons: no salary increase in two consecutive years.
• Managed the Chicagoland Data Centers; Comprising of Chicago, Arlington Heights and Barrington Illinois.
• Responsible for the coordination of the installation and removal of all hardware equipment at all Data Centers locations.
Worked from home
SME/Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: worked from home
Cons: lack of customer compassion
• Responsible for ensuring the team meets and exceeds expectations in regards to performance, meets defined SLA’s, and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service within the contract.
• Lead Subject Matter expert and Project manager in eastern US on 11,000 PC rollout project.
Managing configuration, and data migration.
 – more... Review tickets to ensure they are complete and in the correct product queue, take corrective actions when needed.
• Contributed to the business unit as an escalation manager for critical issues and customer situations. Work directly with customers and support engineers to resolve any problems and ensure all parties are on track.
• Managed and Scheduled field techs and NOC techs for on-site rollouts and provided 3rd level NOC support remotely via Helpdesk and Service-Now ticketing system.
• Worked directly with former employer, , in supporting the client/customer base.
• Desktop engineered many applications in the field on the fly. – less
no loyalty
Lead Tech (Former Employee), united statesApril 4, 2013
Pros: travel if working projects
Cons: low mileage reimbursment no raises
I was with CompuCom for 4 yrs first as a break fix lead tech then on to projects, after Jan,2013 the projects weren't coming thru so they laid off 30 of us. with in a couple week was seeing jobs posted for them in my are and the areas of other laid off techs NONE of us were brought back I just found out that they hired a contractor to help the Break – more... fix tech here that I trained and when he asked them to get me back they told him I cost too much .....contractor making 15 and hour so if you want to work for a company that doesn't care go for it. get your training out of them and look for something better – less
Great starter job
Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2013
Get in, get your experience and get out.

Poor management, low pay, and ZERO advancement opportunities.
great
L3 Windows Designer (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIMarch 26, 2013
Very busy little downtime, exactly what I was looking for. I learned many new technolgies and refreshed on my previous skills
Good Compay
Field Technician (Former Employee), Eastern WashingtonMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great schedule and support
Cons: contract job
I worked for them in a contract position, it was a fun job with lots of freedom.
always changing
Field Technician / Help Desk (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 11, 2013
ts company was a little confusing to work for but were loyal to thier employees. raises were hard to get.
production line environment replacing out of warranty computers
field technician (Former Employee), orlandoMarch 9, 2013
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: no raises, no lunch, poor processes, do not value employees, managers provide only lip service.
Ever since they purchased Gentronics they have had a huge philosophy shift away from customer service and towards automation.
Work every moment
Network Administrator III (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMarch 3, 2013
I have been able to learn a lot from the Lead Engineer of this project. I find that it truly takes a team to establish a solid network.
Learned everything at compucom
IT CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: exposure to software and hardware scenarios only learned about
Cons: contractor for various companies.
Solving day to day issues, hardware, software, network and pretty much everything that will come under the IT scope. Customer service, understanding how products and tasks are run and supporting them at various level from a IT point of view is what i learned during my 7 years at Compucom.
Working with pc's, what i love to do.
PC Refresh Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: great hours, what i want to do on the job.
Cons: not enough consistency with job hours. only a few days, so far, here and there.
Start out with tearing down and removing all old pc's and boxing up. Then open up all the new boxes of new pc's and equipment. Next hooking up all new equipment and making sure they all work. Finally start em up and change boot sequences as needed and install and operate new software.
Great managers, but a lack of work.
Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: great pay and great managers
Cons: very long hours when there was work, work runs out quickly.
CompuCom is a great company while they have enough contracts to work on.
Short contract
Contractor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 22, 2013
Short contract but a good company to work for. Fast paced but if you can keep up and work hard, you'll do well.
CompuCom was a decent place to work.
Systems Engineer, Network Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: good tech company
Cons: bean counters
CompuCom has a valued place in the market.
They have been streamlined to bare minimum in the Winston Salem market now.
22 years at CompuCom
Buyer (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: insurance; i feel like compucom really tried to get the best coverage
Cons: they are moving over 1/2 of the company to mexico
. CompuCom was a good company to work for.
CompuCom required you to bring 100 percent to work day. Customer needs always came first.
Some of my best friends I met at CompuCom.
Hardest part of the job depended on your manager, I had some great managers and I had some that were not so great.
Enjoyable part was our team building outings to different locations.
Starting – more... over all rating 22 years ago 5 stars. – less
Compucom Summray
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Traveled to several State Farm Office to install servers, power supplies, desktops and laptops.
Well
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2013
This company has excellent benefits and perks. There pay is something you may have to fight for in most cases. But at the end of the day the company is good to work for.
Not a good company to work for
Lead Service Tech (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2013
Cons: all
This was a company that did outsourcing. Initial requirement were that you work a 120 radius from your home location. Within a week that 120 radius turned into over night stays with no compensation for staying overnight.
Managed Services firm
Business Development Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2013
$2B Managed Services firm. Also acquired a small staffing firm in Seattle Washington called Excel Data. Primarily acquired firm due to relationship with Microsoft.

About CompuCom

Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard – Read more

CompuCom Photos