CompuNet Clinical Laboratories Employee Reviews

Buyer beware
N/A (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJuly 21, 2017
Will reel you in, keep and use you, then spit you out just as quick. Financially unsound. Employees are great. Upper Management is ridiculous and closed minded.
great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 21, 2017
Compunet is a great company to work for with many laboratory careers available to suit anyone's needs. There are ways to advance your career and the staff there is awesome!
Mismanagement is slightly balanced by friendly coworkers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2017
Phlebotomy isn't a difficult job, and what makes it a pleasant one is the relationship between coworkers, management, and patients. The patients are great, the coworkers are alright, but the management is lacking.
It's not uncommon to be told to take longer lunches, because you had to stay late to help last-minute patients (meaning you're pressured to forfeit your overtime), or to have your hours shorted, because the manager can't balance the schedule.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 6, 2017
It's been a while since I worked there, but they were always flexible with my schedule. The staff was nice. The pay was okay, but this was just an intermediate job until I finished college.
over worked
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 18, 2017
Under staffed and under payed! Company doesn't care if you get a break or lunch. Could increase pay wages to other companies. Cannot keep employees. Insurance is not very good.
Pros
vacation
Cons
under staffed
not a fun place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work was very busy. Having to use the restroom, you had to literally run and get back to your desk and get busy, no talking allowed. I felt like I worked in a prison most days. Management sucked. Pay increases stuck. Breaks were short. Most enjoyable part was the end of the day, when I headed home.
Pros
Cons
management, pay increases, breaks
Over Worked and Under Paid
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 2, 2017
I loved working my job at Miami Valley Hospital, however I would personally never work for Compunet ever again! They do not treat their employees very well. They really needed to staff the hospital better. There were days we worked with only 7 Phlebotomists in the whole hospital. We never got a brake and were always yelled at and never praised... Loved my job, loved the hospital, did not like the company!
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
over worked hardley any brakes always on ur feet understaffed
Fantastic Company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHDecember 8, 2016
This company appreciates their employees and tries to show it. The benefits are affordable and the vacation and sick time accrue depending on how many hours you work. They give raises based on performance, not on length of employment. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Just having to work for a living
Good job but people will help
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 7, 2016
When you first start the job can be very overwhelming but people are always there to help. This job is a attention to detail kind of job, take your time and don't rush no matter what.
The management team is a joke and really do not care for you as much as expected! HR is not as expected.
Other then that hours are great, plenty of overtime.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management and a dusty place
Starts off ok
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2016
When you get hired on the job itself isn't bad. There is a lot to take in if you never worked in the medical field. The issue I had was the very messy work environment. The management is passive and will do anything to cover their tails even screwing over employees. If you are friends with management no matter what you do you can do whatever you want without getting in trouble.
Pros
a lot to learn, good hours
Cons
lack of management.
Just dont do it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2016
I worked at the Miami Valley location for a year. It was a great experience to all types of patients and kept my skill up. You will earn alot of skills and experience there. But the managers and team leaders do not know how to do their jobs. They are completely understaffed with employees dropping like flies because of the work conditions. You will have to learn how to stick some days without all of your equipment because of poor restocking. It does not pay well and after your 90 day 50 cent 'raise' it's almost impossible to get another one nor advance. The hand held computers are always broken and so are the carts. Time off is hard to get and doesnt accrue very fast.Also if you work there get a hardcopy letter of recommendation/reference. Cause apparently it's against Compunet policy to give you one if your new job calls them for one. At least this location is a long way from being a well-oiled machine.
Pros
Alot of experience, the people you work with are amazing
Cons
Understaffed, poor management, undersupplied, over worked employees, horrible benefits
Worst management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield OhioSeptember 25, 2015
I love what I do! Drawing blood and interacting with patients is very rewarding to me but that's where the positives stop. Our pod leader makes this job unbearable! She is awful and the reason we can't keep people around very long. She can't schedule, return phone calls or complete tasks efficiently. She is spiteful and rude. I feel like a rag doll the way she sends me all over the place on a moments notice. Frequent text messages at 6am asking you to go somewhere other than where you were scheduled with no incentive or so much as an "I appreciate you". Half of the employees in my pod are not fully trained on things that should be priority such as the DAT payment system to take payment from patients or the drug screen program that we use. She loses things you fax her constantly such as time cards and request off forms. She is unprofessional and cannot handle the requirements of her job title. We are under paid and we do receive 2 raises per year, if you count .11 as a raise. We hear constantly how well the company is doing but our paychecks don't reflect that. We expose ourselves to blood born pathogens and bodily fluids everyday putting us at risk of infection for $10-$11 an hour and they start you at $9. The health benefits are awful and extremely expensive. I guess our health and wellbeing don't matter much. From my experience this company is more worried about the account and how much money it brings in as opposed to the fair treatment and work environment of the employees. I've been mistreated by doctors, nurses and patients and nobody bats an eye. The only response I get  more... is "that account is too big to be making them mad". This company does not value their employees and the management is the worst I've seen and I'd never suggest anyone work at Compunet.  less
Pros
Having a job at all
Cons
Pay, benefits, management, advancement, hours
Good work environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 17, 2015
My overall experience in working for Compunet was excellent, I loved the action in the ER and my co workers were like my extended family
Pros
wonderful place to work
Poorly managed, but interesting environment
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  MVH, Dayton, OHAugust 24, 2014
The job itself was very interesting and fast-paced. Any problems stemmed from the management and overseers of the job site. There were multiple times where an action performed by a person in a management position went against the regulations set thereby. When brought to the attention of other higher-ups, they reassured us with poorly veiled insincerity.
Best place I've ever worked.
Chemistry Bench Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 5, 2014
I would still be with them if they had a lab in Texas. CCL seems to have the ability to find the right people for the job. Then they can put those people together into departments. Even though I worked in a department full of women, there was no drama or back stabbing. We were all helpful and supportive of each other. I don't think our department was any different from any other in the company.
Gossiping and unfair treatment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  DAYTONMay 23, 2014
Short experience revealed typical lab company culture. Too many people complaining about their jobs and even more people calling off. The GOSSIPING is ridiculous!!! Compliance is unrealistic and ridiculous as well. Made me realize I love working as an independent phleb a lot more than joining another lab company!!!!
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
Gossiping and negative work environment
Productive job with a since of accomplishment
Specimen processor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, Ohio via Miami Valley HospitalApril 25, 2014
I loved feeling like I had helped someone everyday. We were just so understaffed that I felt ashamed to work for them any longer because I felt that we were not giving the patients the level care that is deserved at a trauma hospital.
Pros
I loved my coworkers
Cons
Short staff and I rarely felt appreciated by management.
CompuNet is a great place to maintain a challenging and rewarding career.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Reference Chemistry LabFebruary 2, 2014
CompuNet Clinical Laboratories is an excellent employer with excellent work ethics and attitude of outstanding, responsible service to the area. They maintain state of the art equipment and top notch management and quality staff. Workload is both challenging and rewarding. I have a sense of pride and worthiness having been employed with them.
My career with CompuNet has given me an extended family and multiple reference resources. After 26+ years of service there have been many lifetime friendships formed.
The most challenging part of the job has been the introduction of non-medical designed equipment and methodologies into the medical lab environment. Manufacturer's desire our market field but are not equipped to provide the excellent service necessary to maintain their transformed "medical equipment" when needed. They fail to grasp an understanding of the immediate service necessity for quality patient care. We are spoiled by companies such as Coulter and Roche who do.
Most enjoyable responsibility has been in maintaining a tight QC program for Chemistry and the teamwork of a well managed lab.
My regret is that CompuNet found it necessary to cut many perks and traditions this year and needed to reduce staff because the medical profession is suffering in today's world. I pray that their decisions make it possible for them to prosper in the future.
Mediator
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJanuary 2, 2014
Within the #9 Years that I was employed by CompuNet, I developed a Confident Routine while being a Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant, I became an asset within the Company. My Professional & Motivating Skills has prepared me to move on. My Total Phlebotomy Years of Experience consists of #13 yrs. During Shift Change, daily communication was a must before & after the shift would start. I completed assigned tasks during my shift and would stay over if needed. In addition too, covering shortage of staff on different shifts routinely. The most enjoyable part of my job was my Positive Responses within work that needed to be done on a timely and continuous basis. I work great with my Co-Workers.... The hardest part of my job was having to manipulate information. Being a Specimen Processor became very difficult since training was not offered originally. Troubleshooting became a daily Activity. As well as having to balance out all communication skills at hand....
Pros
Holiday Meals
Cons
no breaks/lunch
Prductive
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 8, 2013
Long 10 hour days but my co-workers are awesome to work with which makes the day go by fast sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when the patients express how much they dislike you but you learn to get over it because at the end of the day its your job to make sure the patient comes first.