Was a great place to work before Benefitmall merged
Supervisor (Current Employee) – Saint Petersburg, FL – January 4, 2016
Before one of our branches was closed, it was a terrific place to work.
After the branch was closed and the clients were transferred to our branch, the work day has become extremely stressful to the point that you come in early, do not have time to take lunch, constantly deal with disgruntled clients, work late and on weekends.
The people are super nice, but that is not enough to continue working there.
you get to wear jeans often
barely any breaks and the workload for each person is extremely unbalanced
PC Support Specialist/Account Executive (Former Employee) – Saint Petersburg, FL – October 29, 2014
Busy pretty much all the time. I learned the payroll industry and how to process payrolls, garnishments, deductions reimbursements, accrual. Had some great co-workers then some that were just there for a paycheck. Hardest part of the job was year end processing having to work crazy amounts of overtime. Some of the people that I got to know over the years were some of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) – Miramar, FL – May 8, 2014
This is not a good company to work for. The management from the top is horrendous. They have no sense of how everyone below them work or struggle in their departments. Decisions are made for the bottom dollar and the turn over shows that. I would never encourage someone to work at this company.
healthcare sucks, management is horrible, no advancement
Do not waste your time on this company. As a previous employee of this company I can tell you first hand that this is a company you will want to stay clear of. Here are some of the things you will experience:
* Any sort of training is non-existent (You are set up to fail) Been in the payroll industry for 20 years and have NEVER seen this
* Management is a joke - They are untrained and non-experienced, therefore they do not know how to Lead, Manage, or Supervise
* Life and Work balance is not there - As an Operations Supervisor they expect you to work 60 hour weeks
* You are not allowed to reprimand an employee, otherwise you get your hand slapped for doing so. So the employees run a muck there.
* The Employee Referral Program is a joke - They lie to you to get you to refer someone and then fail to pay you a referral Bonus stating that you are not eligible for one reason or another.
* The raises there are % 2.00 and that is if you even get one.
You are best to look elsewhere as you will only be disappointed in the choice you would make by accepting a position at any part of CompuPay.
You obviously have left a comment for the wrong company as CompuPay is NONE of the things from which you have listed above.
Job Work/Life Balance
Not enough time to do all the work
Payroll specialist (Former Employee) – Phoenix, AZ – August 24, 2012
Too little time to give good customer service. Supervisors need more training and need to stop bringing personal life to work. Teamwork involved doing a lot of social events at work. This is a good place to work if you like to socialize with your co-workers. Office manager is wonderful.
fridays are usually light days and you can catch up on all the back up.
A typical day at work is very easy and not challenging at all. I've learned to take the initiative to learn new things on my own. In management, there is a lack of professionalism. My co-workers are okay. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of emails which can overwhelm you.