CompUSA Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Montclair, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Learning about computer technology
Cons: Not enough money
Typical day accommodating customers
learned cash register
supervise cashiers is the management aspect
closing store was the hardest
the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and making the happy
fun workplace
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
While working for the company it was challenging and fun. I loved assisting customers with their problems and getting them solved. Knowing that I have helped someone made me feel good at the end of the day.
Productive with a workout room and electronic store
Mechanic (Former Employee), Naoerville ,illinoisAugust 19, 2015
Pros: discounts, raffles, safety rewards
Cons: no overtime
Typically a day would be filled with mechanical and electrical jobs.
Learning something technical about the sortation systems would not be unusual.Co workers are helpful and trustworthy.The hardest part of finishing technical work is getting the bugs out of it.
The most enjoyable is completing the task.
Retail therapy for the geek
Interim management of warehouse (Former Employee), Boulder, COAugust 7, 2015
Pros: There were none
Cons: Too many to list
Too often the tech shop was overwhelmed with customers ready to yell or cry in frustration from their technical issues. Patience, never ending patience with the clients is what I learned. Management sometimes – more... had to step in with unruly people who wanted to cause problems or pick fights. Co-workers came and went as it was retail. The hardest part of the job was getting the customer to tell the truth about their computer issues and for them to have patience as well.
However the most enjoyable part was mentoring the staff or clients on applications, pcs, laptops, or operating systems. – less
Fun, Productive, Fast paced, Enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2015
This was the best job ever. I worked here during high school up until I moved to Peoria, Il. I don't think the store is no longer open. It was a very fun place to be employed at. Everyone got along very well at work and outside of work.
speak to customers
Printer Technician (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: healt care benefits
worked at CompUSA was fun, because some of the customers need help on some of the printers. I was so happy to answer and explain to them the different between the ink and toner power.
Fun Times
Technical Manager, Front End Operations, ICC (Former Employee), Knoxville, TN, Birmingham, RaleighMay 29, 2015
Pros: I love computer retail
Cons: Treatment of Employees
Early Comp days were amazing. Vendors would come, you could spend time reading up on the latest technology so you knew what solutions to offer your customers. Then they wanted to sell off and started expecting more from their staff than they could give at the cost of the customer focus.
Miss CompUSA
Sales Representative / Sales Lead / Tech Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 27, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
I worked for CompUSA for a long time, they were a great company to work for. I did everything from management to regular sales and was always encouraged to move up and advance my career.
Fun place to work
ASSISTANT FRONT END MANAGER (Former Employee), West Nyack, NYMay 17, 2015
Pros: commission on certain categories
Cons: had to work weekends and holidays
Excellent company that values it employees and revenue generators, flexible scheduling, great management, great co-workers, many company sponsored functions.
Part Time Job
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAApril 29, 2015
I was hired under contract and wish that it would have lasted longer because this company was great to work for. I learned how to ideally work with customers because of this job.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McAllen, TXApril 14, 2015
Sold a variety types of electronics and parts. I learned how to be a sales person at this job and how to provide excellent customer service. Loved all the people I worked with, very enjoyable working environment
fun place
Software Floor Manager (Former Employee), Springdale, OhioMarch 17, 2015
company had alot of changes and where hard to deal with. short days really nothing there to do cause it was slow working there
It was my first company I work with after High School.
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good entry level job to have.
Cons: none.
I would say it was a good job to get in the entry level getting your feet wet and get know about inside and out of computers. I would say if this company still exist and if someone would like get to know the inside and out and get experience it would the company I would say apply.
Fast Pace company
Electronics technician (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 3, 2015
It was some of the best times of my life because they gave me such a high pace of work I was forced to adapt and it made me better... its a shame they went out of business... would have spent more time with them...
Computer
Technology Support Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Working at this company was a great way to learn more about computers and networking. I still have friends that I made at this company..
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
The company was good until it went out of business.
manager was good
the hardest was when it went out of business and I didn't have a job
Good company
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
very good company to work with.. the infrastructure was very good.. that's good place to lift our career growth up.
Good Company
Operations manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
I learned a lot at this company. I started out in customer service and moved up to operations manager. My co workers were great. The enjoyable part was meeting new people/customers. I learned a lot about receiving and shipping of our products
It is a great company to work
PC / Wireless Technician (Former Employee), Totowa, NJDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great people and perks. workplace was a perfect location.
Cons: i always had the hectic schedule.
First thing to check is the daily work schedule and plan the route efficiently.
Lack of success proof of company values
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 23, 2014
No longer a US wide company, the executive division teams were more the downfall than the local store management