CompUSA Employee Reviews in United States

No Longer in business.
Business Relations Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 11, 2016
Good solid company, however no longer in business. Excellent mangers and a employee orientated CEO. This was a great job with fantastic people and products.
Pros
No Longer in business.
Cons
No Longer in business.
Professionalism
Senior Engagement Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 19, 2016
I believe that regardless of what job you are doing, regardless of how little pay you make, you should always be cordial AND professional.
You need to be able to make your clients at ease with you and at the same time maintain your professionalism, including the language you use.
It doesn't stop there though. You may think that clients don't know what really goes on behind the scenes, & they don't, but they usually can sense it.
You should keep your work place professional in conduct code at all times, during breaks, during meetings, with clients, opening & closing.
However, I will say the set up was nice. Of course I would have changed a few things about it, but it wasn't too bad.
Pros
I felt good about what I was doing to contribute to the company
Cons
Professionalism & company was going out of business
Fun While it Lasted
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2016
Retail sales in computer, software, training, and service. In the prime of the company's existence, it was an amazing company. However, when the closed down most of the retail locations, it left many people unemployed.
Fun place to work.
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Company is no longer in business.

While in business is was a great place to work.

Great management. Caliber of people was great.

Great training programs.
Working in a computer store u was able to learn new things from my fellow employees
Hardware Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2015
i worked for two different CompUSA's the first store was more like a family and we all worked well together and when i moved to Las Vegas the second store seemed less engaging. However i continued to what comes naturally. I interacted with customers to find the best computer to fit their needs and made them feel confident about their purchase.
Pros
Met wonderful people
Cons
All the store eventually closed.
Great work life balance and wonderful culture
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 8, 2015
If CompUSA was still here in California I would still be working here. I was great at creating a culture and environment that nurtured its employees and offered many growth opportunities. It fully trained its associates and offered many classes to assist in advancement. Human resources was just that, It offered true assistance and help to its employees.I loved this job and everyone I worked with
Pros
employee puchase plan was at cost company did not try to make money off of its employees
Cons
no longer here
Very Fun Workplace with Plenty of tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Compusa/Tigerdirect. I learned all I need to know about electronics and technology. The Management was sloppy but professional, the coworkers were very motivated and motivating, the hardest part of the day was loading a 65 inch DLP T.V. onto a customers car, the enjoyable part was collecting that commission check.
Pros
getting to demonstrate and play with Electronics all day
Cons
the back pains after work
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 1, 2015
I learned a great deal from CompUSA. I started off as a cashier and worked my way over to customer service. I later worked my way out to the sales floor. I got to work with many great people whom I call friends
Pros
fun environment
Cons
commission based pay and Out of Business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CANovember 24, 2015
Handled all cashiers also made sure that the customer service department was taken care of as well. Assist with any invoices that where needed in the customer service department. Made sure my draw was cashed out and correct with front end manager.
Pros
Great for learning and advancement
Cons
Closed Business
Company Closed
Front End Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2015
Computer company was a great company to work for but the Memphis location Closed. The part I miss for working for this company is the awesome discounts and incentives.
A good place to have worked for
Retail Sales Manager/Acting GM (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MANovember 8, 2015
My first retain experience. Managed a stales staff of 15 sales associates. enjoyable workplace with caring co-workers.
Retail Sales Manager
Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
I was in charge with over 42 sales associates, coaching and training was a daily practice along with keeping track of profit margin and increasing sales. scheduling and inventory control was also one of my duties performed on a daily basis.
Pros
A complete computer store
Cons
work / life balance was not very good
Went bankrupt
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAOctober 10, 2015
Was a great place to work during the growth period of the personal computer. Shame the company went bankrupt. Nothing in existence like it today.
Pros
nice envrinment
Cons
I would probably still be working there if the store hadn't closed
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSSeptember 30, 2015
CompUSA was a decent company to work for and treated it's employees fairly. There was always something to learn and they recognized the employees who "went the extra mile". Overall it was a good company to work for.
comp usa /tigerdirect
Warehouse manger (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 7, 2015
Comp usa/ tiger direct was a company who really did not care about there staff at all a typical day would be opening the store with one manger being me loading and unloading trucks inventory cycle counts being short staffed all day long and still providing quality customer service running a tech shop and sales floor as well as merchandising
Pros
tech work / knowledge
Cons
don't not care for there emplyees /mangers
Fast pace working enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2015
Make sure cross selling products to walk in customers, try to understand their needs of the item and finding the best to have them happy to return in future purchases. Make sure the customer is buying the right product of there needs. High pressure from management of sale, if not in constant time period you could lose you job instantly. Friendly and ambitious but some time it could become hectic due to mistake from co worker of switching his sale and steal the bonus from customer by selling a different products.
Pros
Normal hours to begin the shift.
Cons
Work of commission, Excessive hours if sales arent met during the normal work hours.
productive and fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2015
Managers were good and i learned more....colleagues were good...my first job in the usa...good place to work...chances to be promoted
Pros
discount on most of the store products
Cons
had to stand all the time
Learning Experience
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAAugust 27, 2015
Typical day accommodating customers
learned cash register
supervise cashiers is the management aspect
closing store was the hardest
the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers and making the happy
Pros
Learning about computer technology
Cons
Not enough money
fun workplace
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
While working for the company it was challenging and fun. I loved assisting customers with their problems and getting them solved. Knowing that I have helped someone made me feel good at the end of the day.
Productive with a workout room and electronic store
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Naoerville ,illinoisAugust 19, 2015
Typically a day would be filled with mechanical and electrical jobs.
Learning something technical about the sortation systems would not be unusual.Co workers are helpful and trustworthy.The hardest part of finishing technical work is getting the bugs out of it.
The most enjoyable is completing the task.
Pros
discounts, raffles, safety rewards
Cons
no overtime