Computer Aid Employee Reviews

It's a Job
IT Business Analyst / SQA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2015
Computer Aid is an okay company to work for. I was here as a contractor and therefore had no benefits. My typical day changed when the project manager who hired me left the company. I had been doing some project management, improving requirements, setting up processes, directing testing, and ensuring the overall quality of the processes and documents. The new manager had me doing tasks that did not take advantage of my skills. When my contract was up, it was easy for me to move on.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
Project manager not putting people (not just me) in a position to succeed.
develop and maintain computer systems
programmer analyst (Former Employee) –  variousJuly 17, 2015
review and correct daily problem log,
continue with new computer development.
attend status meetings and action lists
Nice at good place to work
Mainframe Developer / IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 10, 2015
We don't get to go out with the team for lunch. They don't remote work which is not very good especially when you're sick. But the people are all friendly and supportive. Management is not.
good place to grow up
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  harrisburg,PAJune 4, 2015
working culture is very nice and people are very friendly in nature.
overall office environment is good.
working culture is very nice and people are very friendly in nature.
overall office environment is good.
CAI
Employee (Former Employee) –  HarrisburgMay 27, 2015
CAI is a company that is located in the northeast. They work on many different IT projects and continue to grow in the IT work place.
Work Life
Customer service Representative/New Hire Mentor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 22, 2015
On a typical day, I am taking inbound calls from customers regarding the GRE (Graduate Record Examination). Some students need to have their passwords reset, some need general information, some don't agree with the policy and want us to change it or just want to vent. Along with knowing product knowledge and getting evaluated daily, I am also apart of the support staff. I have trained training classes, once the classes were over I have conducted mock calls, as well as side by side to ensure our vendor the new hires were ready to perform to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job for me is when, a student has a death in there family and they are registered for the test and are outside of the four day reschedule window. Unless it is their mother, father, sister, brother or parent in laws we cannot provide them with the exceptions policy and the customer gets stuck paying $195 all over again just to take the exam. I really love and enjoy helping people and making people happy, also learning more and assisting with the growth of the company.
Pros
Helping people and making people happy, growing with the company.
Cons
Very under paid
Stressful/Laid back environment
CSR/Client Support (Current Employee) –  NewarkApril 15, 2015
This position is not for everyone, can be overwhelming and stressful, it takes the right type of human being to handle the phone calls that come through. But once you get the hang of it, you just have to be able to comprehend that different types of callers that you come in contact with and the attitudes that you endure as well. But overall the it's very resourceful and great work experience
Pros
Knowledge Team Leads
Cons
No breaks and the phone system decides how you get paid, which is a rip-off
A great place to work.
Contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 24, 2015
I was provided a team of subject matter experts to help configure a new version of their ERP solution. The work was budgeted for 1 year and ran over about 4 months. Each SME was given specific training and authority making the implementation successful. When the project ended, my contract with them also stopped. I applied for work at the company, however they were facing difficult financial contraints and couldn't keep me on.
Pros
Nice people, intelligent planning group
Cons
Competitive challenges
Great Management
Oracle Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMarch 5, 2015
I enjoyed working my first entry level position here, The management is always helpful and wants to see you succeed and further your career.
Pros
lunch pizza parties to celebrate quotos being met
Cons
i would like to see more dentist coverage and healthcare coverage
Computer Aid
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 25, 2015
CAI is a global IT services firm that is currently managing active engagements with over 100 Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies around the world. Specific CAI offerings include balanced outsourcing solutions, APPLICATION SUPPORT, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT , APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE CAPTURE, and MANAGED STAFFING SERVICES. Our ability to provide on-time and on-budget results has been critical to our success for over 29 years, and our unique methodologies and tools enable us to provide our clients with real techniques for increasing productivity, profitability, and competitiveness.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
lack of presence and opportunities in the greater new york area
Excellent company.
Applications Programmer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Have worked for CAI twice on year-long contracts. Management easy to work with and pay was good. Always worked near my home but they have a lot of opportunities if willing to travel/relocate.
Great place to work with great people
Web Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 8, 2015
The company culture is great and the people are very friendly. There is a good solid management strucutre in place which helps project run smoothly. I learned a lot about different web development frameworks and techniques.
Good place to get your feet wet. Don't expect them to move you up.
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Computer Aid, Inc (CAI) is a good place to get your feet wet straight out of college. They have a structured new-hire process that takes several weeks and gives you a good feel for what you'll end up doing for their clients. While some make it through the new-hire process, they quickly learn that the company has a very flat hierarchy, so don't expect career advancement in a short time period. CAI does have many, many clients, so there is always work available if your contract falls through for whatever reason and once you're hired into the company, they're good with putting you on the "bench" until they can find somewhere to make you billable again. There is a fairly high hire rate lately as well. The company is good at keeping their developers on newer hardware as well. Usually you're laptop (yes, you can take it home and work remotely) is at most 4-5 years old before the company refreshes your rig. One thing that I do find extremely annoying and don't really fully understand why CAI does it beyond the possibility of being greedy and giving the money to upper management or company budgets, is their "profit sharing" structure for their 401k. Every year we hear how great the company did at our annual christmas party, but very rarely do you ever see any portion of that profit actually shared with you (the developer) in your 401k. If you're looking to have someone/your employer help you retire at any specific time, CAI isn't for you. Other than the retirement situation and a "competitive" pay rate (meaning they pay you slightly less than industry average for the area), the company is a pretty nice place to work.
Pros
great work-life balance, good healthcare/dental/vision for single employees, decent work atmosphere
Cons
poor 401k profit sharing structure, salary can tend to be on the lower side of average
Good Atmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2015
CAI was a great company and great group of people to work with.
Great Place to Start, Depending on your Project
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Starting as an intern at Computer Aid was a great. The training course was great, and provided a good insight to the skills for the job. I worked closely with a Senior Developer and was directly working with internal project, as well as clients after showing competency. This was a great learning experience.

The problem is once one gets placed on a project. Projects differ wildly, as does the work, conditions and environment.

After being moved to a new project, the job did very little development, and was all about paper work and procedure. Conditions went down hill. Environment went down hill.

Many co-workers are subcontractors. Most subcontractors are paid more and receive better benefits than actual CAI employees. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with despite not being direct CAI employees. Project Leads and Senior Developers were very good.

Management varied depending on location, but were generally good.

Overall it was a good starting experience, but has little room to advance.

Project specific:
This current project has a very high turn over rate, and management will fire employees for little to no reason. It makes security feel very low.
Good company that had contracts with big corporations
Help Desk and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 29, 2014
Arrive to work and review all emails from contractual corporation. I learned that training what ongoing and was never ending. The importance of good customer service towards the salespeople who called the help desk. Management was supportive and assisted me in every way that was necessary to make me a good help desk analyst. My co-workers were smart and technically savvy people that enjoyed their jobs.The hardest part of the job was to stay abreast of all the newest computer technology.The hardest part was to stay level-headed and realize everyone isn't computer literate. The most enjoyable was solving the salespeople's computer problems.
Pros
good site to work at and good co-workers
Cons
contractual company downsized and i was laid off with others
good starter job willing to work with employees and very flexable with scheudles
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE/ HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Newark DelawareDecember 18, 2014
I like the enviroment the company CAI it self is great. They just dont want to pay more and make the job financially stable for the employess high turn over rate
Pros
great superviosrs and work enviroment
Cons
no benefits, paid sick days, or personal days, benefits are to expensive to carry for a family, not enough financial stability
Nice place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2014
Computer Aid Inc. is a great place to work. All my coworkers are friendly and talented. There is a great sense of team pride within the company.
Financially strong with delighted clients and a great culture
Independence Blue Cross QA Testing Account (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 1, 2014
Good place to work, great team of professionals. Very diversified list of offerings.
Once a great place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst; Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  DelawareJune 17, 2014
Was once a great place to work, but it has had it's challenges with the poor economy.
Pros
flexible
Cons
contracting firm - contracts expire.