Computer Aid Employee Reviews

Computer Aid
Business/Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEDecember 27, 2016
It was a great business culture company to work for. Very friendly environment with lots of respect to employees. I would recommend to work there.
Pros
Great management, very high business culture
Cons
benefits can be better
The worst co that I ever work for
Image Verifyer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 9, 2016
This company never kept there promise on anything. No raise and high turnover.Upper management rather high turnover than give raise.Pathological Liar
Pros
Cons
Lousy Management, Pathological Liars, No raise
great managers, great team
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 22, 2016
Enjoyed working for CAI. Business team worked hard to find contracts for work. The team members are very friendly and helpful. Very supportive.
Pros
competitive salary, great employers
Cons
Short contracts
The opportunity is great, but guidelines hurt productivity
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 4, 2016
Computer Aid Technology deserves an award for opening the door to enabling people of all walks of life with an interest in Computer Science and IT to experience what working in an IT environment is like and have all the assistance they need. They also work very hard to ensure that the work experience is also a learning experience, so that the technologies learned enable the employees to have a large pallet of skills and opportunities beyond the scopes experienced in the projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is that I am able to learn so many new technologies and skills and in many cases, directly apply them to applications that I never may have been able to work on before. The way the skills are taught make it very easy to pick them up and apply them at a very steady pace.

I also love interacting with the new teams at the client site, as it gives me the opportunity to learn about what the work culture is like in a major facility. This enables us to develop connections with many people on top of our skills, so that we may build ourselves not just technologically, but socially as well.

Unfortunately, being a contracting company, many of the guidelines established can become restrictive when it comes to engaging with the clients. The nature of the work environment makes our physical appearance and the way we speak reported as more important than being with the customer to interact with our team and the client. In a few cases, we were actively pulled away from the client despite being requested to remain and unless we had a chaperone, we were not able to be at
  more... the client site. That severely hurts our ability to serve the customer.

We do not receive any benefits, vacation hours, or overtime even though we are semi-required to work a strict hourly schedule (without compensation if we are forced to work extra due to external issues such as transportation or weather conditions). This means we are required to work without a break. This has an impact on our mental fatigue that can't be addressed due to the nature of the company.
Pros
Enables great learning environment for complex applications, accessable via metro, technologies learned open lots of doors, personal interactions with clients, good location
Cons
strict dress code despite remote location, limited interaction with client, all workers compensation taken out of our own salary, limited flexible hours despite lack of client interaction, forced to drive to work in bad road conditions despite remote location
N/a
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 22, 2016
Good company to work for. Great work/life balance and flexibility in hours. You are not micro managed and management is respectful.
hard to move
Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2016
pay was mediocre, they offer training and promise advancement but rarely saw the follow through, enjoyed working from home, afforded more time with family
Entrepreneurial
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 5, 2016
Entrepreneurial organization. In a transition phase of transforming the sales and operations focus of the business. CEO is inspirational and does wonderful philanthropy work giving back to the less privileged.
Just OK
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Only worked for them for 15 months, all placed at one of their customer sites. Interfaced with my manager on very rare occasions, as they were happy to place me, and just collect their take.
Pros
None really
Cons
Not great pay
It's a Job
IT Business Analyst / SQA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2015
Computer Aid is an okay company to work for. I was here as a contractor and therefore had no benefits. My typical day changed when the project manager who hired me left the company. I had been doing some project management, improving requirements, setting up processes, directing testing, and ensuring the overall quality of the processes and documents. The new manager had me doing tasks that did not take advantage of my skills. When my contract was up, it was easy for me to move on.
Pros
Work/Life
Cons
Project manager not putting people (not just me) in a position to succeed.
Decent place to work
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 15, 2016
Work was boring but it exposed me to various dealings in first level IT. I left because there wasn't a chance for promotion and decided I would be better off looking for work elsewhere.
Supplier of IT Resources for PA State Government
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 26, 2016
Computer Aid Incorporated (CAI) provides IT resources to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Resources ranged from testing and software development personnel to project and program managers.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 26, 2016
Found this to be a great opportunity. Company really seems to care about associates.
New structure changes may change some of the organization, but should still remain a good place to work.
Pros
HR does a lot of little things to take care of associates
Cons
pay could be better
Computer Aid, Fantastic!
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Great company to work for, fantastic people, resources and an organization that cares about what matters most, people!
Great Co-Workers, unfortunate business direction.
Region 3 analyst (Former Employee) –  variousNovember 30, 2011
CAI was once a really good place to work. Fair salaries and benefits offered, with average vacations. The people are friendly and for the most part professional.
In recent years, however, we've seen hiring practices go from annual salary to hiring people on hourly contracts with no sick days, vacation, or holidays offered. Basically work or don't get paid. While this in theory is fair, it ended up having miserable and desperate employees coming in while they were sick, spreading germs throughout the office. Add to this the pay freeze that has been in effect for three years, and this is a dead end.
Pros
management and staff is nice, will treat others well on a personal level.
Cons
new hires will not stick around enough for growth.
Love my job
Computer Aide (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NM 87401August 22, 2016
My job is a joy everyday. Working with children, running the computer lab, and teaching them how to types is the most pleasant job I've ever held. I never knew my passion for working with children until I entered this field, and now I wouldn't change it for anything.
Pros
Great co-workers and boss
I would work as a doorman before i work at this company again
help desk consultant and Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 15, 2012
This company tried to break labor laws forcing hourly people to work for free before the customers lawyers stopped them. They worked the butts off of their employees with little or no rewards for their work and their managers with one or two exceptions had no heart. It didn't take much of their mental abuse for anyone of any value to leave. By the way they bully employees as well and will make you sign your life away for no decent compensation.
Pros
finding another job, going home at night
Cons
lousy benefits, lousy compensation, good old boy politics
Review
Senior Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Senior Technical RecruiterJune 29, 2016
Empowered, solid leadership, and career progression. Best part of my job is what I learned from my Co-Workers. My direct manager is so dedicated to her team and our development.
Great Place to Start, Depending on your Project
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Starting as an intern at Computer Aid was a great. The training course was great, and provided a good insight to the skills for the job. I worked closely with a Senior Developer and was directly working with internal project, as well as clients after showing competency. This was a great learning experience.

The problem is once one gets placed on a project. Projects differ wildly, as does the work, conditions and environment.

After being moved to a new project, the job did very little development, and was all about paper work and procedure. Conditions went down hill. Environment went down hill.

Many co-workers are subcontractors. Most subcontractors are paid more and receive better benefits than actual CAI employees. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with despite not being direct CAI employees. Project Leads and Senior Developers were very good.

Management varied depending on location, but were generally good.

Overall it was a good starting experience, but has little room to advance.

Project specific:
This current project has a very high turn over rate, and management will fire employees for little to no reason. It makes security feel very low.
Good place to work for
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 9, 2015
Place to grow and develop both personally and professionally. Management very supportive for change. Hardest part of the job is salary freezing
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salary Freeze
good starter job willing to work with employees and very flexable with scheudles
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE/ HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Newark DelawareDecember 18, 2014
I like the enviroment the company CAI it self is great. They just dont want to pay more and make the job financially stable for the employess high turn over rate
Pros
great superviosrs and work enviroment
Cons
no benefits, paid sick days, or personal days, benefits are to expensive to carry for a family, not enough financial stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Aid. Our community is ready to answer.