Computer Aid

Computer Aid Employer Reviews

Great Management
Oracle Help Desk (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: lunch pizza parties to celebrate quotos being met
Cons: i would like to see more dentist coverage and healthcare coverage
I enjoyed working my first entry level position here, The management is always helpful and wants to see you succeed and further your career.
Computer Aid
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Trumbull, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: lack of presence and opportunities in the greater new york area
CAI is a global IT services firm that is currently managing active engagements with over 100 Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies around the world. Specific CAI offerings include balanced outsourcing solutions, APPLICATION SUPPORT, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT , APPLICATION KNOWLEDGE CAPTURE, and MANAGED STAFFING SERVICES. Our ability to provide on-time and on-budget results has been critical to our success for over 29 years, and our unique methodologies and tools enable us to provide our clients with real techniques for increasing productivity, profitability, and competitiveness.
Excellent company.
Applications Programmer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 16, 2015
Have worked for CAI twice on year-long contracts. Management easy to work with and pay was good. Always worked near my home but they have a lot of opportunities if willing to travel/relocate.
Great place to work with great people
Web Developer Intern (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 8, 2015
The company culture is great and the people are very friendly. There is a good solid management strucutre in place which helps project run smoothly. I learned a lot about different web development frameworks and techniques.
Good place to get your feet wet. Don't expect them to move you up.
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great work-life balance, good healthcare/dental/vision for single employees, decent work atmosphere
Cons: poor 401k profit sharing structure, salary can tend to be on the lower side of average
Computer Aid, Inc (CAI) is a good place to get your feet wet straight out of college. They have a structured new-hire process that takes several weeks and gives you a good feel for what you'll end up doing for their clients. While some make it through the new-hire process, they quickly learn that the company has a very flat hierarchy, so don't expect career advancement in a short time period. CAI does have many, many clients, so there is always work available if your contract falls through for whatever reason and once you're hired into the company, they're good with putting you on the "bench" until they can find somewhere to make you billable again. There is a fairly high hire rate lately as well. The company is good at keeping their developers on newer hardware as well. Usually you're laptop (yes, you can take it home and work remotely) is at most 4-5 years old before the company refreshes your rig. One thing that I do find extremely annoying and don't really fully understand why CAI does it beyond the possibility of being greedy and giving the money to upper management or company budgets, is their "profit sharing" structure for their 401k. Every year we hear how great the company did at our annual christmas party, but very rarely do you ever see any portion of that profit actually shared with you (the developer) in your 401k. If you're looking to have someone/your employer help you retire at any specific time, CAI isn't for you. Other than the retirement situation and a "competitive" pay rate (meaning they pay you slightly less than industry average for the area), the company is a pretty nice place to work.
Good Atmosphere
Account Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 26, 2015
CAI was a great company and great group of people to work with.
Great Place to Start, Depending on your Project
Software Developer (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Starting as an intern at Computer Aid was a great. The training course was great, and provided a good insight to the skills for the job. I worked closely with a Senior Developer and was directly working with internal project, as well as clients after showing competency. This was a great learning experience.

The problem is once one gets placed on a project. Projects differ wildly, as does the work, conditions and environment.

After being moved to a new project, the job did very little development, and was all about paper work and procedure. Conditions went down hill. Environment went down hill.

Many co-workers are subcontractors. Most subcontractors are paid more and receive better benefits than actual CAI employees. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with despite not being direct CAI employees. Project Leads and Senior Developers were very good.

Management varied depending on location, but were generally good.

Overall it was a good starting experience, but has little room to advance.

Project specific:
This current project has a very high turn over rate, and management will fire employees for little to no reason. It makes security feel very low.
Good company that had contracts with big corporations
Help Desk and Data Analyst (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good site to work at and good co-workers
Cons: contractual company downsized and i was laid off with others
Arrive to work and review all emails from contractual corporation. I learned that training what ongoing and was never ending. The importance of good customer service towards the salespeople who called the help desk. Management was supportive and assisted me in every way that was necessary to make me a good help desk analyst. My co-workers were smart and technically savvy people that enjoyed their jobs.The hardest part of the job was to stay abreast of all the newest computer technology.The hardest part was to stay level-headed and realize everyone isn't computer literate. The most enjoyable was solving the salespeople's computer problems.
good starter job willing to work with employees and very flexable with scheudles
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE/ HELP DESK (Former Employee), Newark DelawareDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great superviosrs and work enviroment
Cons: no benefits, paid sick days, or personal days, benefits are to expensive to carry for a family, not enough financial stability
I like the enviroment the company CAI it self is great. They just dont want to pay more and make the job financially stable for the employess high turn over rate
Nice place to work
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Allentown, PANovember 20, 2014
Computer Aid Inc. is a great place to work. All my coworkers are friendly and talented. There is a great sense of team pride within the company.
Financially strong with delighted clients and a great culture
Independence Blue Cross QA Testing Account (Former Employee), Newark, DEOctober 1, 2014
Good place to work, great team of professionals. Very diversified list of offerings.
Once a great place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst; Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), DelawareJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: contracting firm - contracts expire.
Was once a great place to work, but it has had it's challenges with the poor economy.
Excellent benefits, ability to work from home
Web Developer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 16, 2014
A great company for advancement with good benefits and a stable work environment.
OK company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 12, 2014
Company was OK, but their client was ridiculous and one-sided. Company Management was OK.
Great Opportunity
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2014
Learned a great deal working for this organization. Great opportunity to work with this organization.
Challenging position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 10, 2014
Managemeny was very helpful at CAI and Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was managing call handle time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and challenging myself. A typical work day was a learning experence every day.
Secure internship that pays well.
Intern (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule, job security.
Cons: too much free time and not enough work for me. wasn't challenging.
I got to experience a lot of different positions (marketing, administration, human resources, and recruiting), which opened my eyes to so much. It allowed me to recognize what I like and dislike within a company.
normal
Intern (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 16, 2014
It's a fun place to work, the co-workers are fun. I learned a lot from everyone as an intern I get to work a little bit with everyone. Management is good.
Descent place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Easy going, kind of slow-paced, hardest part of job was pleasing manager.
Good Working environment
QA Lead (Current Employee), Newark, DENovember 28, 2013
Nice environment to work. Good peers. Learned lot in US healthcare by serving client Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, PA for more than 3 years. Got excellent knowledge and experience in Claims & Encounter Processing, Adjudication, Pharmacy claims, very good relationship building with Project Stake holders and Dev team.

Computer Aid Salaries