Computer Aid

Computer Aid Employer Reviews

Excellent benefits, ability to work from home
Web Developer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 16, 2014
A great company for advancement with good benefits and a stable work environment.
OK company
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 12, 2014
Company was OK, but their client was ridiculous and one-sided. Company Management was OK.
Great Opportunity
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2014
Learned a great deal working for this organization. Great opportunity to work with this organization.
Challenging position
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 10, 2014
Managemeny was very helpful at CAI and Co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was managing call handle time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and challenging myself. A typical work day was a learning experence every day.
Secure internship that pays well.
Intern (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility with schedule, job security.
Cons: too much free time and not enough work for me. wasn't challenging.
I got to experience a lot of different positions (marketing, administration, human resources, and recruiting), which opened my eyes to so much. It allowed me to recognize what I like and dislike within a company.
normal
Intern (Current Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 16, 2014
It's a fun place to work, the co-workers are fun. I learned a lot from everyone as an intern I get to work a little bit with everyone. Management is good.
Descent place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Easy going, kind of slow-paced, hardest part of job was pleasing manager.
Good Working environment
QA Lead (Current Employee), Newark, DENovember 28, 2013
Nice environment to work. Good peers. Learned lot in US healthcare by serving client Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, PA for more than 3 years. Got excellent knowledge and experience in Claims & Encounter Processing, Adjudication, Pharmacy claims, very good relationship building with Project Stake holders and Dev team.
Educational and challenging
Project Control Analyst (Former Employee), Rosedale, MDJune 11, 2013
Pros: great management team, challenging work
Cons: long work days, late nights talking to india team
Work with local team to accomplish first phase of project goals which was to capture the current state of programs functionality. Also, identified outsourced resources from India to help program the new software to fit current needs. I managed the cost, time and scope of the project with the local and virtual team. Project had a set budget of 5 million.
Excellent place to learn a skill
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst/QA Lead (Current Employee), Newark DelawareMay 18, 2013
Pros: fine culture, good camaraderie
Cons: pay below market rate for software qa
Computer Aid is a fine company to start a career. It seems that they are content with training other people's talent. If you work there you will learn key skills in project management, software QA and IT skills in general.
Consulting Firm
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 14, 2013
Very nice company to work for. Worked there during Y2K converting programs for an electric company. A lot of companies don't really like consultants too much.
Great starter job in IT
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), New London, CTApril 1, 2013
Pros: friendly peers, ability to jump from one building the to the next, young and energetic
Cons: pay below the competitive environment
I thoroughly enjoyed working as a CAI Associate for Mitchell college. We had the luxury of having 11 people in our IT team, so the escalation hierarchy was definitely present. I definitely enjoyed working with peers my own age (20s-30s).
Consulting Company for local electirc company.
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 17, 2013
Most companies don't like consultants, you feel like an outsider.
Technology Support
Helpdesk Analyst II (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: stable
Cons: habitual
Good variety of software platforms to support. Co-workers pleasant and management effective.
I would work as a doorman before i work at this company again
help desk consultant and Applications Developer (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAOctober 15, 2012
Pros: finding another job, going home at night
Cons: lousy benefits, lousy compensation, good old boy politics
This company tried to break labor laws forcing hourly people to work for free before the customers lawyers stopped them. They worked the butts off of their employees with little or no rewards for their work and their managers with one or two exceptions had no heart. It didn't take much of their mental abuse for anyone of any value to leave. By the way – more... they bully employees as well and will make you sign your life away for no decent compensation. – less
Steady Company
Contractor / Technician (Former Employee), Stuart, FLAugust 24, 2012
Pros: don't work with your boss everyday
Cons: compensation is low
There didn't seem to be any layoffs and everyone was pretty professional.

– May 18, 2013

I have seen layoffs here. My view is layoffs are a result of all the eggs in one basket when the clients come in. Software QA has that issue right now

self motivated and self taught type of job
Field Toll System Support (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 13, 2012
Pros: three weeks vacation
Cons: poor management
i enjoyed the four days on three days off work schedule. the job lacks teamwork and leadership for the company to thrive.
Great atmosphere, professional experience
Inside Sales Team (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 18, 2012
Pros: great people, nice enviroment, many volunteer opportunities.
Cons: below average pay
I enjoy working at CAI. My collegues are some of the nicest people I have ever met. CAI is consistantly trying new ways to reach its target market. You truely feel like you belong as part of the team. Interns receive real responsibilities. Management really has an open door policy.
Great Co-Workers, unfortunate business direction.
Region 3 analyst (Former Employee), variousNovember 30, 2011
Pros: management and staff is nice, will treat others well on a personal level.
Cons: new hires will not stick around enough for growth.
CAI was once a really good place to work. Fair salaries and benefits offered, with average vacations. The people are friendly and for the most part professional.
In recent years, however, we've seen hiring practices go from annual salary to hiring people on hourly contracts with no sick days, vacation, or holidays offered. Basically work or don't get – more... paid. While this in theory is fair, it ended up having miserable and desperate employees coming in while they were sick, spreading germs throughout the office. Add to this the pay freeze that has been in effect for three years, and this is a dead end. – less
2 years is all you get
Help desk analyst (Former Employee), Wyeth PharmaceuticalsNovember 30, 2011
Pros: they provided you with a paycheck
Cons: contract, no chance for permanent position
Computer Aid trained it's people on helpdesk basics and then sent them out into the world. They informed you on day 2 that you would probably not be hired on full time and made good on that promise with every last person that I saw. It didn't seemto matter what the skill set or level of competence the individual displayed, 2 years was when they were – more... let go. – less