Fast paced environment with break/fix consuming my daily time rather onsite or remote.
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) – Greenville, NC – April 26, 2015
Wake up at 7:30ish to sms messages and voicemails from current morning issues from businesses opening. Gulp 3 10 oz. cups of Cafe Bustello Expresso coffee while helping anyone I can remotely. Break away from computer, get dressed, pack up and hit the road to resolve client issues that require onsite visit.
When I'm not busy with break/fix, I:
- Maintain clientele on a senior level for hardware assessment, IT logistics and infrastructure.
- Create VPN tunnels for customers who have remote workers.
- Provide support, whether on-site or remotely, assessing the situation while working with customer to provide quality on time solutions for issues.
- Organize cut over processes for small business upgrading their managed IT services.
- Create on going file sharing detailed build tracking documentation on all customers for future upgrades, tracking inventory and to properly capture all information that makes their IT network operate.
Recommended architectural improvements, design solutions and integration solutions.
Return home, unpack, finish work only done at night(server and router upgrades mostly).
We are a small crew of 10 or less with 3 high level techs. We all work a lot of hours and depend on each other for support. I learn something new everyday, best part of the job. Hardest part, seperate work mode from off-work mode.
IT - Love every part of it, Travel, Challenges
Get tired every now and then :-)