Computer Geeks Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
The perfect job if you know what your doing.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 7, 2017
This company, though small, is an incredible experience to work with. The environment is friendly and mistakes are easily forgiven (within reason). They work around whatever schedule you have or need, are open to changing the schedule any time, and pay effectively for what you are worth to the company. This job is excellent for a computer repair tech or a young networking tech who is looking for a great way to get into the field right now! When you work out of town it is awesome! You may have to work some very long hours but you get paid travel, food, and hotel (and some very minor entertainment expense sometimes). These jobs are like mini vacations that you get paid for.
Pros
PTO on holidays if closed, Extremely Flexible work schedule, Amazing work environment, Fun to work on all the things that come through the doors, meet new people and learn new things, management is different from a larger company as to be expected
Cons
Can be difficult, management is different from a larger company as to be expected
2nd most rewarding place to work for in my life.
Service Mgr (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 28, 2017
I had a great number of positive experiences with the owner of this company.
Sad to see him sell it to an ex-partner as it has become a former shell of it's self.
Pros
All round great place to work for at the time.
Cons
No helath benifits at the time.
Great place to work. Very helpful in repairing your electronics...ie phones, computers, tablets, video games, televisions amd much more.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 3, 2017
They can fix any of your broken electronics. Computers cell phones video games televisions tablets memory cell phone screens and a variety of video games and other electronics
I loved working there. Fun but busy
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 11, 2015
I started in customer service. Became a lead person in that department. Took orders, handled unhappy customers. I was then moved to the accounting department where I was the UPS and FedEx liaison regarding damaged items. I enjoyed assisting the customers with their problems.
Fun
Junior Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 20, 2015
Great Program, Fun people, great experiences fknvgfkdfknfvfvffednnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Fast paced environment with break/fix consuming my daily time rather onsite or remote.
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 26, 2015
Wake up at 7:30ish to sms messages and voicemails from current morning issues from businesses opening. Gulp 3 10 oz. cups of Cafe Bustello Expresso coffee while helping anyone I can remotely. Break away from computer, get dressed, pack up and hit the road to resolve client issues that require onsite visit.

When I'm not busy with break/fix, I:
- Maintain clientele on a senior level for hardware assessment, IT logistics and infrastructure.
- Create VPN tunnels for customers who have remote workers.
- Provide support, whether on-site or remotely, assessing the situation while working with customer to provide quality on time solutions for issues.
- Organize cut over processes for small business upgrading their managed IT services.
- Create on going file sharing detailed build tracking documentation on all customers for future upgrades, tracking inventory and to properly capture all information that makes their IT network operate.
Recommended architectural improvements, design solutions and integration solutions.

Return home, unpack, finish work only done at night(server and router upgrades mostly).

We are a small crew of 10 or less with 3 high level techs. We all work a lot of hours and depend on each other for support. I learn something new everyday, best part of the job. Hardest part, seperate work mode from off-work mode.
Pros
IT - Love every part of it, Travel, Challenges
Cons
Get tired every now and then :-)
Fun Work Place
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 27, 2014
Interesting work place to be always on the look out for small items exiting the bldg worth a lot of money Always a fun enjoyable place to work at. The best prices in electronics in my opinion.
Pros
Really good work equipment to make job easier
Cons
N/a
Very Good Company
Physical Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 22, 2014
•a typical day at work
Very Friendly

•what you learned
Physical Security

•management
Good

•your co-workers
Fair

•the hardest part of the job
Changes

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Getting Paid
Computer Geeks
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2013
A great place to work when starting out in the IT world, Staff is great, the service is rewarding and there is a big learning curve.
Pros
What you put into it you will get back
Cons
as listed above
Neighborhood shop.
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMarch 12, 2013
Typical day would include arriving at the shop, preforming the opening duties, checking and filing credit card/check slips from the previous day, unlocking the gates and turning on the signs, booting the point of sale system, checking voicemails and responding to any that are there.

On to the bench were the real work happens, primarly virus cleanups and hardware diagnostics. Replace a laptop screen here, install a new hard drive there, clean a virus and restore windows to a useable state. Go to any onsites that are booked for the day. Answering phones and handling the counter. This process continues for the duration of the day. At close I turn off the sign, get the gates ready to lock, power off the POS, automate any processes on the bench that need it. Power off all the lights and any systems that dont need to be on overnight, activating the alarm and locking the gates and doors.

A plus would be that I can take time off whenever I choose. No paid vacations however.
Pros
good for a person that dosnt mind long streaches of alone time, minimal managment oversight.
Cons
no vision of the future, management has no advertising budget. no real job security.
It was ok
Marketing Distributor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2013
Good for computer minded people . Miss working there with the other people
Company was productive
Customer Service/Order Processing (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CaOctober 30, 2012
Company was productive and had room for advancement. I learned how to work under pressure and how to deal with unhappy customers. I worked around great people and was able to learn alot from them. The only thing that was hardest was lack of communication with other departments in the company. But at the end of the day my customers always had great comments on how i worked that was the best part to know that i was doing my job right.
Pros
great discounts on products
Cons
products were bad
Job for experience
Greenville NC (Former Employee) –  PC TechnicianNovember 6, 2011
Its a small business for people that is fresh out of college and needs experience in IT field.
Cons
no training what so ever unless your a level 3