Computer Merchant, Ltd., The Employee Reviews

fun place
Computer Repair (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2017
i love working here. it was hard and it wasn't easy but i t went by real quick and i was happy for those 4 month i worked there. it was very diverse and a lot of people i know went there to get their computer fixed
Pros
lunched
Cons
healthcare
Good
Security (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2017
This is a temporary employment agency. my contract was 1 year long, can't really speak much about them. They got me a great place where I was hired in directly.
Typical Body Shop
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAMarch 28, 2017
Churn and burn experience with no commitment to long term engagement or "try and buy" contracts. Minimal to non-existent relationship management. Unable to tap into growing skills.
Continued to find work with Nissan
Stephanie Sands (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 24, 2017
The company is based out of New Jersey and found me work with Nissan 3 different times for major PC Migrations and upgrades as well as Data Migrations and Applications upgrades. Was called back and was team lead on last two migrations and enjoyed the work. Not the companies fault jobs did not have other opportunities. They treated me right and had a lot of respect. They also took the time to check in and see how things were going.
Pros
Found work and continued to call back for other projects.
Cons
Did not have full time perm positions
They are a staffing agency
Desktop Support Technician III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
The hiring process was very straight forward and all business was handled with the most professional way I can imagine. I would work for them again or even recommend them to a friend.
Good company to work with
Contracted Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 2, 2017
My brief employment was a very pleasant and learning experience. The assignment I had allowed me to explore areas of my home state I had never been to. The support was excellent and I had all the information I needed when I arrived at the particular site or sites I was scheduled for. Would work again gladly.
Short Term
Entry-level Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 1, 2017
Company was good but hard to get to its associated if you need help with your paychecks or need to approve times. But other than that helps you get any new contract.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Do not give you notice before firing
No weekly communication
Execucare PC Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 8, 2017
No communication from them only if I have a problem. no concern about their employee. Never heard from my recruiter until after my contract ended.
Contract work for this company is great
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard CAOctober 6, 2015
Did contract work for this company. Worked different places everyweek. This company helped to get me the job I have now.
Pros
Good company
Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  I worked from homeAugust 12, 2015
This was a contract position. I worked hard at completing the assignments that were given to me. I was introduced to new tasks and the instructions that I was given were very good, complete information. The person who was training was very experienced
Good
System Security Analyst II (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJune 12, 2015
security analyst for data sever, I improve my knowledge on data security. I have to work with a team of 4 associates and train two of them on the job. there was not hard par, I enjoyed working with my team.
Pros
great work inviroment
Cons
it was a contract
contract employer - spent 3 months at computer services corp.
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJune 5, 2015
7 am to 3pm shift. hand first level computer network questions for electric boat corp.
Hardest part of the job was answering questions as quickly as management required.
Not an enjoyable job.
Enjoyed working here, summer barbecues, family oriented owners
SR Network Administrator and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAJune 2, 2015
Supportive, successful, family owned corporation, that cared about their employees. Good benefits, bonus programs, and company sponsored activities. Familial environment, made it enjoyable to work there
I would love to work on another project with the Computer Merchant, Ltd. again!
IT Project Coordinator/Head Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 4, 2015
The recruiters and other staff work closely with their employees in every aspect of assigned roles. They truly care about their employees advancement and career goals.
Great Place to Work
Technical Recruiter/Account Executive New Business (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 7, 2015
I have the opportunity to got after new accounts and candidates in New EnglandIt was a great place to work.

For the past 8 years, I have been working in the recruiting industry as recruiter and as an account executive. Prior to that, I have over 8 years experience working as health insurance broker/benefits in both the fully insured and self funded marketplace. Both industry have been challenging and rewarding, I have had a great deal of success in them. I am looking for new challenges professionally.
Cool Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving TXApril 6, 2015
Nice place to work place with well known company for a temp to hire opportunity. Able to address any questions or concerns I may have in a timely manner. Decent pay and benefits. Would recommend people to apply here.
Great Staffing Agency
Data Processor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TexasFebruary 9, 2015
Always great support with any questions or concerns. Quality assignments that can be ultimately become permanent. I think it's a great employment agency and benefits are available.
Great Company
Business Analyst Professional (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MANovember 10, 2014
My recruiter worked fast and helped place me with the right company.
Pros
Very resourceful company
The Computer Merchant is an excellent company to work for
Level 1 Build Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwell MAJuly 28, 2014
The Computer Merchant is a fantastic company to work for, the assignments they place you at are excellent in the field of your particular skills, the compensation is good and the employees treat you very well. I can't say enough good things about The Computer Merchant
Pros
professional, kind fair, good compensation, great projects
Fun, Learning curve
Computer Refresh Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2014
On any given day, I am given an old and a new computer. I am to transfer all the data from the old computer to the new computer. Then give it to the customer. I sit down with them and teach them how to use their new computer. After that, the customer takes the computer with all smiles.
Pros
Treated with respect
Cons
Overwhelmed with work, temperary job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Merchant, Ltd., The. Our community is ready to answer.

Computer Merchant, Ltd., The Reviews by Location