Computer Repair Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Computer Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great enviornment
Cons: Lots of people
I was taking calls and providing customer service. We would try to resolve the customers problems over the phone to make sending out a tech a last resort to not charge the customer. We could take payments and place orders for special movies or channels.
Iam Excelent in what I do
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Richfield, MNJune 15, 2015
Pros: I get all my jobs done
Cons: Trying to come to a common groud with people
I am Educational and articular computer Repair and programming and I know the latest software Problem solving uploading programs and installing phone lines .
Great work place
Owner (Current Employee), Albany, KYJune 8, 2015
It's a great at home job that I can easily run on my own while homeschooling my two kids. I have learned many things about computers and have gotten much experience with repairs and installations.
Ran the Business single handed
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee), LaPlace, LaMay 29, 2015
Pros: Always get to meet new people
Cons: No room for advancement
• Perform all duties relevant to managing the company.
• Trouble-shoot and repair computers that have been highly infected
• Data Recovery
• Re-imaging computers with software issues
• Manage multiple small businesses’ networking and computer needs.
• Place orders and RMA goods for the company.
• Perform company’s payroll and accounts payable.
Side Job for family and friends
Technician (Current Employee), Burrillville, RIApril 22, 2015
Pros: bigger knowledge base
Cons: I do it for free
I knew that I had to enhance my craft, so I started fixing family and friend's computers for free. I started with simple things such as, "My computer is slow" and moved on to virus removal and difficult – more... tasks such as, "my computers beeping and windows wont even start." I have been keeping up with this side business fully well knowing the problems that occur now will define my knowledge base for jobs later . – less
Smaller Computer Engineer Company
Senior Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee), Plainview, NYMarch 7, 2015
This was a short term placement to try and build a larger company. Unfortunately the management went bankrupt and closed its doors to many unfinished projects.
Oustanding learning experience
PC Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Difficult at first but progressively easier later when learned the ropes
Management was always changing and was comunicatively inefficient.
Customer Service
Technician (Former Employee), Ringgold, VAJanuary 24, 2015
• Check in inventory
• Fill up coolers
• Put up grocery
• Provide customer service
Owner Operator (Current Employee), HomeDecember 21, 2014
Pros: make my own hours
Cons: work is slow
A typical call in this position usually includes relocating someone’s current computer or entertainment system, doing a complete re-install of a system, and or doing a system clean up. I also do equipment – more... installs as well as system builds and upgrades.

I have learned many things in this job including how to explain things in such a manner that the client has a higher chance of understanding what I am saying.

As I am the owner and manager, I do not have any employees or co-workers.

The hardest part about this job is the fact that I make enough money to add to my household income, but not enough business to warrant starting it as a full time Job .

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to come home and see my family, because I make my own schedule. – less
Always laughter in the workplace
Computer repair technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: lunch was provided
Cons: no healthcare benefits
A typical day at computer repair was completing computer repairs for customers on short notice, learned the skill of removing viruses from computer on the DOS platform. Manager was very upbeat, gave praise – more... when deserved, honest, helpful, and informative. The hardest part of the job was the day the owner decided to shut down the repair facility, but the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on customers face when they had lost all hope that their computer would not be repaired only to find that the repair depot was able to be successful repairing their pc. – less
Good
Computer Repair (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great parts for cheap prices
Cons: short breaks
I do a great job at repair/computer builds. I also do a good job at removing viruses and reformatting computer OS "Operating Systems" with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1
The custom builds are how ever the person wants the computer, weather it be a powerful computer for gaming or just a computer for browsing the web or even checking E-Mails.
19 yrs PC repair, 13 yrs customer service
Owner (Former Employee), Pulaski, VASeptember 12, 2014
Experienced in advanced word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and interactive documents. Knowledge in using a computer for all aspects of office work.
Experienced in setting up and supporting – more... PC’s, installing and configuring net cards, DUN, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, VPN, WINS, DNS, video cards, hard drives, CD-ROM’s, DVD, hard drivers, mother boards memory upgrades, BIOS configuration IRQ etc.
Extensive knowledge of Win XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
19 years’ Experience in computer repair, Blue screens, virus removal, malware removal, ransom ware removal, junk ware removal, connection problems, driver problems, OS reinstalls, System restore, data and password recovery, browser resetting, overheating problems, No post problems, Laptop power plug repair, Laptop Screen repair, Laptop keyboard replacements, Laptop hinge repair, Wireless connections, Network Security, router configurations, File sharing, Facebook security, Email configurations. – less
IT Technition (Former Employee), Onatario CAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and helping them find a solution was always rewarding
Cons: finding new clients was always a challenge.
This was my own start up business. I did very well helping people with their computers at a fair price. While repairing the computer I would help the client learn how their computer had broken, and how to avoid that kind of issue again. I would also teach clients how to maintain their computer, so that they would not have to pay someone else to fix it next time.
My own business
Owner (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOJuly 26, 2014
loved working for myself and helping friends and family with electronic repairs.
Entertaining place to work if you have a boring job.
Rapid Tech Support (Current Employee), Delray Beach FloridaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: short shifts and sometimes free food
Cons: na
Clock in get into the 5 applications to get connected to clients computers as well as phone system. I was self taught about computers till I worked hands on with certified technicians which showed me how to repair computers. Not saying I fix computers! Owner's are really laid back, which is really rare! Over all the place is cool place to work just not a personal career choice.
Hobby turned side business
Technician (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJune 25, 2014
Pros: i get to work at home
Cons: pay isn't great.
I have been taking things apart and figuring out how they work my entire life. I enjoy working on computers , troubleshooting them and making them ready to use for customers. I repair laptops , desktops, and perform hardware replacement, virus/ malware removal, and OS installs/ fixes.
Professional, friendly, Caring
Damage Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Valley, WAApril 21, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: no chance for permanent position.
Rewarding work, love the elderly. So sorry this company is no longer in business.
Repair Technician (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJApril 1, 2014
Good job to get a technical relationship with customers. Needs to be a more legit company and used software that is paid for and not illegally installed like unlicensed versions of windows.
Strong problem solving position
Owner (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 23, 2014
Pros: make my own schedule. flexibility
Cons: changing times and the area make finding clients difficult
A typical day includes seeking out clients if one does not contact me.

I have learned that the job field is collapsing in this local market.

The management is myself so I am responsible for any success – more... or short comings I face in the field.

The absolute hardest part of the job is the sheer lack of clientele considering most modern computers have the basic error checking and correction running automatically, making a large part of my day to day operations obsolete.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the problem solving aspect of diagnosing a clients ills and working towards a swift amicable and fair solution. – less
Lazy Management unsafe work place.
Computer Sales/Repair (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCMarch 2, 2014
Pros: it paid the bills.
Cons: work hours, locations, management, sloppy work from co-workers.
The business was located within a flea-market. And the store was in a bad part of town. The management were very unprofessional and would do anything to make a dollar. When it was a simple hard drive replacement issue, they would tell the customer they would need a new motherboard.