Computer Science Corporation

Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

I tried to work for quality and accuracy for the company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
I worked for CSC for 6 years. My co-workers I worked well with in our job duties. I learned a lot while working there. This was my first job experience with insurance. I was trained for my job duties which also taught me to be flexible. The work atmosphere was professional but it was okay to get to know the people you worked with. Management was willingly to work and help you when it was needed.
Pros
My Co-Workers
Cons
No Job Security
Sample review:
Sr. QA Functional Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 2, 2015
Sample review:

Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Overall a good place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 17, 2015
The company is undergoing a major transformation and this effects all layers of the organisation, some in good and some are not in so good way. It would be interesting to see where the company settles and which path it will take.
The Management vary by levels, but most are supportive and highly professional. The team environment also vary from program to program, but the culture is friendly and welcoming for the most past.
The company generally accommodate well the work- life balance and that keeps a lot of folks from leaving.
Pros
Work-Life banalce
Cons
Wish to see benefits improving and not other way around.
Safe, Flexible, Challenging and Awesome work environment
Electronic OEM Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 10, 2016
To me CSC was a great place to work, where training, trust and employees empowerment played a big role in the company growth.
Pros
Talented Manager, supervisors and employees
Cons
healthcare and compensation package price need cost reduced for employees to afford
Working there is like being in jail.
Lead Customer Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCApril 12, 2016
I've worked there twice before and the first time starting back in 2009 was agreeable. I was moved up to another position that I was not trained properly for and I found employment elsewhere. So many companies have left the building that they have shut down the cafeteria, closed parts of the building, there are leaks coming in everywhere from the glass roof and all security personnel were laid off except one. The campus is huge, almost like a small college, and used to be maintained. It was beautiful with swans, geese and ducks in the ponds, even fish, now only the ducks remain and the maintenance staff doesn't even clean the poo off of the walkways. It's a sad place to be and to work.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible and mean, building is bad, hours are bad, 30 min lunches
Excellent Company to work with
Senior Professional Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 11, 2016
Work culture is good. There is lot to learn. Colleagues help each other a lot.

Hardest part of the job is when you have given the research for which you do not gave any prior knowledge. Then, it becomes difficult to learn the new concept, and apply the same.

Most Enjoyable part of the job is when Colleagues gather around to celebrate a successful part of some Employee, and when secret comes out of each Employee. It is fun to watch.
Pros
Good work Culture. Helping Employees
Cons
Need to Improve the Compensation part
CSC is a very hard place to work
NETWORK / SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 27, 2016
The biggest Pros with CSC were I always had very challenging roles and assignments. Initial compensation can be very good if negotiated properly, but future compensation was stagnate. I enjoyed working with the people I was surrounded by, but the management stream wasn't the easiest to interface with.
Pros
International exposure; challenging roles
Cons
Compensation
Great enjoyable learning environment
IT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 27, 2016
ServiceNow ticketing system where user submit IT related tickets.

I learned the importance of researching and continue learning in and outside the work place.

I have a great and positive work relations with management and co-workers.

Most enjoyable part of my job is exceeding customer satisfaction.
Pros
Positive learning environment
Cons
Waiting longer than expected on orders to arrive.
Program/Project Manager
Senior BC/DR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 7, 2015
Managed multiple technical programs and projects throughout my 9+ years. There were many opportunities to be creative and grow the business. Able to go from technical support engineering, helpdesk consultant to upper management position growing the Middleware business. Knowledge gained from the Middleware group prepared me to enter the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Consulting.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to change careers/responsibilities
Cons
Work/Life balance was difficult
Productive and fun place to work
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 1, 2015
The face to face contact with the project managers and customers helped make the work day go and the work load go smooth, Also the billing team that I worked with was a very good team of people.
Pros
It was a very diverse culture company.
Cons
The department I worked in moves out of state.
limited opportunity to advance
Production Control & Scheduling Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2016
Acquired New business for offshore support and not US. Limited opportunities for advancement. Overtime restrictions, no increases in pay
Benefits
Cons
Leveraging within department with limited personnel and overworked with restriction of overtime.
Things change way too Fast, for the worst.
Operations and Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 11, 2015
At first there was a lot of new things to learn and adapt to but as time went on management was getting complacent and the effects were visible. There was no compensation for hard work, many people were jumping ship but CSC would not hire replacements. Instead they just increased workload without any additional help.
Work hours were flexible
Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2016
Really enjoyed the people I was working in the company. Was able to travel to places I wouldn't have normally gotten to see. Great opportunity to advance. Good job training. Good customer service and account management.
Pros
Great benefits and flexible hours
Cons
Long hours and work weeks
Keep learning and keep moving
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2015
A good to be place for learning new things. Requires lot of patience and stability before you can start mining. A responsible place to take ownership of tasks but pays less attention in honing the skills of resources.
Work life balance can be managed sometimes but the company Hr works great in creating a healthy environment by organizing events.
Pros
Big brand name, easy to speak and get in touch with HR
Cons
Policies are not very good, work life balance is difficult
Unprofessional - poor management
PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 18, 2015
Beware of this company. There's a reason why they are positioned on the TOP WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR list for 2015. Terrible micromanagers, horrid working conditions, no training, poor benefits, no stability, rude employees, the list goes on. They tend to hire older more destitute workers because they are more likely to succumb to their tactics. They prefer unprofessional to professional because the professional people LEAVE. THINK TWICE ABOUT ANY OFFER MADE HERE. NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
NONE
Cons
UNPROFESSIONAL
Don't expect much
Sr. Assist. Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park,KSAugust 5, 2015
CSC is primarily a government contractor, the corporate offices are in Virginia, just so they can get US government contracts.
The CEO is in England an all the computer backend servers, for the most part are in India. They management doesn't care about the people, they just want the paperwork done (multiple times). The middle management are too scared for their jobs to stick up for the front line people, so you are own your own. I must say that the people, I worked with, are topnotch people and would help any way they could.
Pros
Coworkers great
Cons
management is micromanaging, most are inept, or don't care about the daily grind, they are managing, they are in a hurry to get everything done and you have paperwork, on top of paperwork with the same info, over and over, nothing changes
like starting all over
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Riley North, KSJuly 6, 2016
Same as working for DynCorp previously, but many changes. leave it at that. Co-workers was great people to be around, e all helped each other out.
Pros
good pay
fun hard work
Manages QA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
This company was very enjoyable to work for. They were always upfront about everything and hr would help to make sure that you made the very best choices
Pros
work
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work. Flexable hours.
Records Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 1, 2015
Very busy operation but a good company to work for. Good management and co workers. Great team experience. Everyone was treated with respect.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long commute
Okay company
Account Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Company faced challenges every year and was always making changes and reductions every year. Compensation often time did not match the job role.