Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

DXC formerly Computer Science Corporation (CSC)
Email Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 15, 2017
Overall, DXC is a good company to work. I would love to retire from DXC, but in today's employment climate, sometimes that's not possible in this economy. The benefits have gotten better after the merge with HP.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Supportng multiple accounts .. not able to specialize.
The work environment was good and interesting
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2017
We depended on contracts, government contract as well and lately not very reliable.
The company is very good and excellent place to work and be creative.
I would like to see more private industry involved. Because of the 80% government work, we lost our jobs. Too many good people were late off.
Pros
Good admosfire, great people, professional environment.
Cons
Depended too much on government contracts
It's a good for now place to be
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 5, 2017
The company has no organization and structure. Management is allowed to treat employees however they want. Benefits are really good but pay sucks. Also there has been a freeze on raises for over 4 years. Management seems to be the only ones getting annual raises.
Pros
Benefits and vacation time
Cons
Management and Salary
It was a stressful time
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VADecember 3, 2017
I was there through 9-11 and it was just crazy and with being 7 months pregnant it was almost to much for what we were doing for NGIC. I did enjoy what we did except we had no windows to look out.
serious and faced paced
Accountant Professional (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 30, 2017
the work at computer science was very detailed and very fast paced. The compensation and benefits were pretty good the job security was also fine. The management not so good.
Ok to start your career with, but poor pay/advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Municipio de Isabela, PRNovember 26, 2017
Good place to start a call center career, especially for agents. You can get some good experience and knowledge. However, annual reviews never come with pay increases for well performing employees.
Horrible- Wouldn't recommend to an enemy
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 21, 2017
- Terrible management - Untrained and inexperienced
- Company only cares about acquiring new government contracts
- Employees are out of sync with management directives due to poor communications and
- Cheap, employees underpaid (some hadn't received raises in 5 years)
No opinion
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 15, 2017
At this time I have no statement to make for this position as it was so long ago and would not be applicable for any ones review or time to read. If you read this I apologize, it was required.
No job security
Senior Principal - Salesforce.com Practice (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
Good comp
No clear direction from management
Good benefits
Work from home
Good 401k match
Good training
Large company
Layoff very common
No job security
Great Company
Business Process Reengineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 14, 2017
This was a great company. CSC gave me my first job after being in the Air Force for over 25 years. My manager was the best and the work was rewarding.
cut throat, immature, not professional
Operations - Server Incident Management (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 4, 2017
worked 2 roles over 4-5 years. Had a friend in management and survived but afterwards, environment was terrible, many people ;left and worked elsewhere. Their pay was not competitive. turnover was high. shift management was very immature
Pros
can make money if you work many hours and deal with environment
Cons
see above
co workers were great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYNovember 2, 2017
Fast paced enviorment, always something new to learn. Lots of changes constantly from week to week. Coworkers were great. You do always have to be there, so if you like to take a lot of days off this is not the place for you. Although they are very good with letting you take off for Dr appt's if you have them. There are no snow days here. There is always plenty of full time work avalible. Very hard to get part time here. There is a big turn around in coworkers and its hard to advance here if your college days are over.
Pros
Theres always someone celebrating something lots of pot lucks
Cons
communication with team leads
Loved working at CSC for many years.
Manger- Special Projects/Training/ Accounting (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2017
Great place to work. I was treated fairly throughout my career. My only complaint would be work/life balance. However, that was in 2011 :) I am sure it has changed by now.
Fun
Background Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2017
great place and people. you learned a lot of policy. There was always work to be done 24 hours a day. You met all kind of people there. supervisor was awesome.
Pros
great
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCOctober 25, 2017
Friendly culture in work environment .Good benefits are provided to employees. I had learned new technologies and worked on many tools. Good experience working with this company.
Great
Warranty Claims Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
Good steady work with friendly co workers. They also had great programs.
It's the best company I have ever worked for. The work conditions was the best.
Pros
Everything was great
good first time job
Programmer/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 13, 2017
the job required design, code and use of a network data base on an Univac-1100 for a manufacturing management information system, a material ordering and tracking system and a manpower management system
Ok
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly VAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was generally interesting which varied from travelling to various offices in my position as a Quality Assurance Engineer.

Some auditing and supervising skills.

The management at CSC - I am still trying to grasp who was the boss and what were their qualifications to fit into their jobs. Not enough insight. No direction or ability to evaluate.

Work culture: OK

Hardest part of the job: Trying to navigate the company to figure out where COBOL Programming jobs were located and how to get an assignment there.

Most entertaining part of the job: Flex hours, freedom to choose my work hours.
Good
Cons
No management structure
Assists the Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEOctober 12, 2017
Productive. Enjoyed conducting the job but the management was less than desirable. Had a few issues with the top management and decided to move on...
Great company to work with
Project Lead - QA (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 12, 2017
Great company to work with.Learned a lot during my tenure here. Currently leading automation team with like minded people. Management is supportive and work life balance is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.