Computer Science Corporation

Computer Science Corporation Employer Reviews

What fascinated me towards ERP ?
Team Member (Current Employee), Hyderabad,IndiaApril 14, 2014
I joined CSC India PVT ltd as a fresher as soon as I completed my under graduation. Though I’m from Electronics background, I was selected into CSC in a campus recruitment program. I believe that apart from my knowledge, my passion towards computers made me get through the interview process. The revolutionary application of computers in any field these – more... days fascinated me towards software field. After joining CSC, I was trained and have started learning Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and was assigned as an “Oracle Apps Consultant” to a Scandinavian Airline Services (SAS) project. My role in that project is a developer, and a support person to finance department of SAS Airlines. I was exposed to various functions of an ERP system, ranging from Order management, Procure to pay, General Ledger, Account Payables and Receivables and learned how critical each of these functions are to the success of an organization. This is what fascinated me towards ERP application. – less
Air Force Cyber a continuation of my commitment to keeping America safe 24/7 365 days a year through Network Security.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasApril 5, 2014
Excellent common core of experience with so many of the contractors being prior military and continuing to carry the torch of defending this great nation of ours.
Busy 24/7/365 96 hour weeks very common
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: lots of travel and job satisfaction very high
Cons: not much family time.
Responsible for Raytheon mainframe customers located in Boston, Ma., St Petersburg, Fl., Fort Wayne, IN., 3 Texas locations. Client hands on management for customer centric business. Traveled 43 of 52 week per year. CSC meetings once a month in various locations including other countries. Best job I have had. Fun and challenging.
Productive and enovated company to work for
Computer Operator (Former Employee), AfghanistanMarch 27, 2014
Pros: this company is honest and true to everything they say.
Cons: none really.
The typical day at work consisted of trouble shooting equipment and providing the customer the product. The hardest part of the job was working in hostile environment. Most enjoyable part of the position was working with the globally arranged individuals.
Nice company
Message Center (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDMarch 25, 2014
Company allowed all the over time you wanted at that time.
Nice learning experience working as a contractor the first time.
Do Not Recommend
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Crane Naval BaseMarch 22, 2014
Pros: nice base; cafeteria
Cons: worked in cubicles
I don't know if this is typical for CSC or if it was because I was located at a Naval Base and working for the government. For the first six weeks of employment I was told to read manuals. Then once I did get an assignment, it was not what I was promised I would be doing. This was the one position I regretted taking.
Cutting edge company
Systems Engineer/Project Lead (Former Employee), Maryland, DC, NSA, PentagoneMarch 19, 2014
Pros: interacting with several types of people a day
Cons: long hours
Contracted to the NSA as lead engineer to perform selected re-design of computer systems including system design, development, operations, and engineering support. Chairperson for the acquisition of an air defense system for military operations.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers, managment, enviroment
Cons: repetive with no room to improvise.
Trainers was amazing, kept you on tract made sure you knew what you was doing before you went out on the floor, kept in a bay instead of a cubical, Co-workers and management was always friendly and on task.
Not bad, not good either
Senior Assistant Claims Examiner /New Hire Trainer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: paid parking
Cons: short lunches, advancement
The company went threw 3 mergers.
No advancement but good people.
The pay could of been a lot better, good location and paid parking.
An overall fun place to work with emphesis on self improvements and acheivments .
Document Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2014
The day started pretty smoothly and puncuality was highly stressed. There was a lot of positive team work, and regular management meetings to voice opinions and suggestions. Cross training was mandatory between the Document Analysts and Scanners but everyone basically willingly volunteered. I enjoyed it all and was quite saddened when my position ended.
Challenge
System Integration Technician II (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDFebruary 22, 2014
I have to say being a contractor and filling in for different job duties and responsibilities can be challenging. A day does not go by that I am working on different systems that I may not have a complete understanding or experience. A great opportunity to grow and learn!
Overall summary
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Working in CSC I learn a lot, but the advancement in the carrier was very, very limited almost non-existent.
Advised federal regulations. Different type of job for me.
CLIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: nature of the job
Cons: somewhat seasonal
My day included receiving calls from firearms dealers who needed to check the background of the buyer. It was mostly busy, and most of these clients were fine to deal with.

The management was mainly good, and I had no problem/got along with coworkers.

Hardest part of the job was the boredom when few calls came in.

Enjoyable part was learning about – more... federal firearm control and learning FBI tactics and maneuvers in response to bomb and sabotage incidents. – less
Contractor support to the Air Force Cyber and 24th Air Foce.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasFebruary 16, 2014
As a Senior Analyst supporting the Network Vulnerability and Compliance for all Air Force Network assets, it was my responsibility to act as the situational awareness for any assets not in compliance with DOD Standards. I constantly on a daily basis monitored the VMS vulnerability management system. If systems and assets were found to be non-compliant – more... it was my job to bring that to the attention of the PMO project management Officer to let them know that should their assests not become compliant then they would have to provide a POAM which is a Plan Of Action and milestone with a definitive time to become compliant or be taken of the network. – less
A good place to work
Test Lead Coordinator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
A good place to work and to lean new things. got a chance to with new Tool, new technology. very flexible environment to work.
I enjoy my jobs in CSC
Subcontracts Administrator / Assistant (Former Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: the people do not stay long always new management
Cons: the company went down hill
I worked hard learned a lot great co-workers. All managers were great who I work with . CSC was a good company to work for then they started the laid off and cut back on healthcare.
CSC
Systems/ Network Administrator (Former Employee), Columbia, MDFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: experience, projects, education opportunities, benefits, salary
I loved working for the Computer Science Corporation. I actually trained CSC employees prior to working for them. I had a wonderful team and team leader. Working here was a great experience. I worked on the Projects,SDC, Unix and Remote installs team.
teamwork
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Loved the the way everyone came together as a team on all tasks
Dept. Assistant 3 - Customer Support (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: online computer training courses
Cons: medical benefits, 401k and retirement plans offered
Computer Sciences offers a wide variety of IT careers in state and overseas. This company would be a good choice for college graduate.
Great place with outstanding talents
SAP SD Functional Consultant (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 21, 2014