Computer Science Corporation

Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate World
Customer Service Consultant/Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCAugust 14, 2015
Come in and start of the day by loggin in to Point software where all calls would be processed through. And generally sit in my cubicle all day and take calls.

Breaks where 45 minutes but as much as I enjoyed my co workers and task the stress came in the constant changes in approaching calls.
Pros
fun times
Cons
short breaks and not enough compensation
Don't expect much
Sr. Assist. Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park,KSAugust 5, 2015
CSC is primarily a government contractor, the corporate offices are in Virginia, just so they can get US government contracts.
The CEO is in England an all the computer backend servers, for the most part are in India. They management doesn't care about the people, they just want the paperwork done (multiple times). The middle management are too scared for their jobs to stick up for the front line people, so you are own your own. I must say that the people, I worked with, are topnotch people and would help any way they could.
Pros
Coworkers great
Cons
management is micromanaging, most are inept, or don't care about the daily grind, they are managing, they are in a hurry to get everything done and you have paperwork, on top of paperwork with the same info, over and over, nothing changes
Things change way too Fast, for the worst.
Operations and Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 11, 2015
At first there was a lot of new things to learn and adapt to but as time went on management was getting complacent and the effects were visible. There was no compensation for hard work, many people were jumping ship but CSC would not hire replacements. Instead they just increased workload without any additional help.
It was a good comany to work for.
CICS SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 2, 2015
We transitioned from Chrysler to CSC when Chrysler outsourced their infrastructure. I was employed by CSC for six years until they eventually lost the contract to IBM. At this time, I transitioned to IBM and worked on the Chrysler account
Pros
Continued doing work I was familiar with
Cons
Few opportunities for learning. Always knew CSC's objective was to offshore our work.
Excellent Benifits
Tier 2 Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasSeptember 8, 2015
CSC has been a great company. It has provided me and family the opportunity to be able to grow our family. It offers excellent benefits and I am saddened to have to leave this company. The only reason for my departure is because our contract was awarded to a different company at this time.
Senior Professional System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 10, 2015
A good place to start off one's career. The environment is laid back and one can learn a lot about themselves as well as the company.
Member, Technical Staff B (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDNovember 13, 2015
Good company
good benefits
fun people to work with
good communications
good human resources.
plenty of places to work with plenty of different types of jobs
Overall a good place to work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 17, 2015
The company is undergoing a major transformation and this effects all layers of the organisation, some in good and some are not in so good way. It would be interesting to see where the company settles and which path it will take.
The Management vary by levels, but most are supportive and highly professional. The team environment also vary from program to program, but the culture is friendly and welcoming for the most past.
The company generally accommodate well the work- life balance and that keeps a lot of folks from leaving.
Pros
Work-Life banalce
Cons
Wish to see benefits improving and not other way around.
Fast pace and productive place to work.
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2015
Worked there for several years a fast pace environment and professional work place. Supportive staff and management. opportunity for growth.
Pros
productive environment.
Cons
Workload can spill over normal work hours
Average working place
System Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTOctober 19, 2015
Too many changes going on with the company and rotation for management and employee are constant. Some would thrive in this environment.
was hired as a mechanic
AIRCRAFT STRUCTURAL REPAIRER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 18, 2015
was hired as a mechanic but the management made clear we as mechanics need to clean bathrooms. they could hire a local company and pay them $10 verse our 27 an hour. Safety is more important cleaning a bathroom.
Pros
quick hiring process
Cons
worked there months then quit cause management, had issue with me using handicap parking which i had placards for.
Interaction with military personnel.
SecTek, Sergeant Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoJune 1, 2015
Working for this company inspired me to join the military because of woking side by side with the Air Force and other branches. I guarded the gates of the Air Force base. Checked identifications of the personnel gaining access to the base. I supervised the night shift, of five guards, and prepped the day shift guards to open all other gates.
Pros
Decent pay, ample overtime, outside working environment.
Cons
Long days, no benefits.
It was a productive job, i would always try to do more than I did the day before
Check-out Clerk (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDJune 17, 2015
This position was very relaxed. I could work at my own pace, I managed no other people. Those in management were very polite and helpful at all times.
Pros
I enjoyed the catered lunch everyday.
Cons
Constantly moving in the same direction, did cause a little pain in my wrist after working for awhile.
Program/Project Manager
Senior BC/DR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 7, 2015
Managed multiple technical programs and projects throughout my 9+ years. There were many opportunities to be creative and grow the business. Able to go from technical support engineering, helpdesk consultant to upper management position growing the Middleware business. Knowledge gained from the Middleware group prepared me to enter the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Consulting.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to change careers/responsibilities
Cons
Work/Life balance was difficult
CSC Employment
Windows Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  TSA TSOC / Freedom CenterMay 11, 2015
The CSC ITIP contract has a knowledgeable staff in a strong team environment. The contract provides support for the TSA Operations Center as well as other entities of TSA when asked to aid their IT Support staff. The CSC ITIP staff are adaptable to new requirements. Management is employee friendly allowing flexibility to handle family needs.
Pros
Family flexibility with schedule.
Small Company with Big Hearts
Principal Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 27, 2015
Super unmatched company to work for as a small business they are wonderful with commitment to clients and employees. Typical day was fun, fast paced and management was wonderful. Company owners are involved but not over powering... Well balanced company.
Pros
Flexible and Advancements
Cons
Limited Location
Great job with rooms for growth.
Computer Operator IV (Current Employee) –  5623 West Range Road. Fort Hood, Texas 76543April 8, 2015
The job consists of well planned day of activities. Each day is a time to continue to learned. Each task consists of work that encourages personnel to use what skill they have learned. All co-worker believe in teamwork. Management put trust in each employee. The hardest part of the job is wake up at 4 a.m. The most important part of the job is working with personnel who know their jobs and willing to assists those who need more training.
Work until you drop
Lead Information Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 8, 2015
A great place to save your vacation and then lose it due to always having to work,
Work 7am-7PM They call it working half days,
upper Mgt brought in there choice of mgt regardless of work skills,
Co-workers hung in for good managers until the RIF got them.
Pros
Work for different clients
Cons
Co wishing to make outstanding profits for board members, Cut 10k people one year, then 25K the following year, Freeze the pension, and drop matching 401K, Ins costs trippled, Vacation time you could not take you lost if you did not sell it back at 2 for 1
Very stressful inviorment
General Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSApril 5, 2015
I loved doing the re-inspections during and after an Hurricane.
I learned a lot about coverage and the Increased Cost of compliance coverage and the losses that follow the initial flood claim.
My day at work involved mentoring the field adjusters and insureds and agents and community officials who have just experienced the worst time of their lives.
Pros
The opportunity to travel to storm sites
Cons
being just a number in a huge company
I loved to work here
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2015
This job gave me so much experience it was just something i needed and this company CSC provided training and all types of classes to move forward in your career and also they paid very well and i liked the pay a lot as much as getting to know a lot of different things about my job that i didn't know so it was a great job

Cons:
Penny pinch on time cards,
Etest was always going down and not working,
The manger there showed a lot of favoritism to people other than me, Management went out of there way to get other people new jobs but certain people didn't get that opportunity
Pros
lunch time was great, nice people to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.