Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

PAE is a good company
Information Technology Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSDecember 20, 2016
I have been with PAE for about 3 years, since they bought the division of CSC that I was with. The contract I am on is pretty hands off from the executive level management. Most of the executive level came in and visited shortly after they acquired us, and they mostly seemed like good, down to earth types.
Team work and positive team members.
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 20, 2016
The office environment is very positive with coworkers who are always willing to assist and help out with the new learning experiences. We are a team that supports each other and cares about our personal lives as well. When information is not explained or transferred to us properly, we have a way of researching all of our resources to get the job done correctly. Prior to working in the living benefits department at CSC. I had no knowledge of insurance claim work or the systems used to evaluate and review the claims. But, I have gained an enormous amount of confidence and experience in this short time to work with clients and customers very effectively.
Pros
The ability to work from home at least one day a week, is a definite bonus.
Cons
The uncertainty of the job's future and advancement.
Great Company
Front Desk Receptionist / Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 13, 2016
I was a sub contractor, but I enjoyed working with CSC. The employees are professional and nice. The hardest part of the job was when employees got fired and had to be escorted out of the building.
Pros
Great Company, Great Benefits
worked with familiar faces
Technical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 8, 2016
Better environment to work with than L-3 Communications. worked with familiar faces from the military and great others from different military units
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 7, 2016
Great company. Staff is awesome! Incentives were great! Training was clear and cross the board. Higher management always were involved and productive benefits were great.
Great Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 7, 2016
Handled all admin assistant duties for directors and personnel. No hardest part of the job. I enjoyed all co-workers, management. Very good working environment.
Pros
Location of office, busy.
Cons
Defense related, so always possibility of closing programs
Productive Friendly Enviornment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCDecember 6, 2016
I would like to say that I enjoyed my earlier years with the company. nice and friendly people there,things started to change when a lot of layoffs and budget cut, organizational changes. Then it didnt to be as good of in environment to me
Use to be an amazing place 10 years ago
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILDecember 3, 2016
Work at home is the only benefit. No raises, no advancements. increasing insurance premiums, increasing work and standards without overtime, pay increases or bonuses
Coworkers made job pleasurable
Operations Specialist, Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 2, 2016
Typical work day include constant coordination and preparing training packets for Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard units. Management kept us informed on the way ahead with company and the status of the contract. The hardest part of the job was the constant traveling. The most important part of the job was the satisfaction a unit had after they were trained by our teams.
Pros
Team Work, Coworkers, Pay
Cons
Traveling
Project Management Experience a blast
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 28, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at CSC and was sorry to see it come to an end. I was privileged to work for and with some very amazing professionals during my short time there. I would go back to work for them in a moment if the opportunity arose.
CSC - Local Contract
Project Management Senior Professional (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 21, 2016
My experience with CSC was great while I was in entry level positions and pay; however, as I gained experience and my degree and attempted to collaborate with the Program Office to advance, they became very hostile and unsupportive.
Pros
Willing to provide entry level opportunities
Cons
benefits, salary, culture, ethics
Think Twice
Professional (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2016
Severe lack of incentives, acknowledgement and no raises for employees. Low morale and strong feeling of employees not being valued. Will allow you to work remotely.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and remote work
Cons
No raises, poor management, difficult processes that hinder work productivity
Employee appreciation was great.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 18, 2016
I liked the individual cubes to work in and a chance to work from home. Some of the co-workers were friendly. Because my supervisor was a smoker, we had shorter breaks, but more of them.
CSC had a real nice set up for employees as far as the cafeteria.

I learned a lot about insurance billing for individuals and companies. I was taught how to do a multi draft letters and manual list bills for companies.
Pros
Overtime was good, supplies were available
Cons
stressful, management unorganized
Good work experience
Technical Accounting-Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 15, 2016
-A lot of responsibility
-A good work experience and exposure
-Great Co -Worker
-Company looking for stability
-Constant flow of work keeping one challenged and exposed to work experience
Decent company to work for
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 11, 2016
Hard work makes the day go by faster.
Management was mostly retired Army.
Not really much chance to advance once you make Senior Tech.
Benefits where average.
Work without Recognition
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 9, 2016
No matter how hard we work, there wont be significant recognition. No increments, no promotions. Technically a well organized environment for learning
Pros
Organized Technical Environment, Learning Opportunities
Cons
No Recognition
Very Nice Workplace
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCNovember 8, 2016
In terms of work computer sciences is very nice, I learned many things here like client exposure, productive development etc.
IT service industry in the middle of catching up with competition.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 2, 2016
Lots of training available.
Lots of meetings.
Mostly outsourced support.
Managers overworked.
60 hours work weeks often.
Many great co-workers.
High productivity required to remain employed.
Pros
unlimited vacation time if approved
Cons
very lean staffed
The people are great
Accounting Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 2, 2016
I enjoy working with the people, we're like a family. I know my work inside and out, I am the "go-to" person for many issues and I love it but the entire department is being laid off before 12/31. It is bittersweet, I do not want to look for a job but I know there are many opportunities awaiting me.
Pros
Liking the people I work with
Cons
Laying all of us off so we have to split up
I liked CSC
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2016
Good Company to work for, I enjoyed what I did. I worked on installing Comm equipment in vehicles. I also got to work on generators. Hardly any direct supervision.
Pros
Growing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Computer Science Corporation Reviews by Location