Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

CSC provides Global IT and Network support for many companies across the world.
Major Incident Manager (MIM) team (Former Employee) –  Remote user. Worked from home. Mountain Home, ARJuly 2, 2016
My latest adventure with CSC was scheduler and Major Incident Manager (MIM) Lead. I managed the work schedule for 30 plus employees which covered a 24x7 shifts with all variations of days and hours. I also approved all vacation request for our team and made sure we had adequate coverage. As MIM lead I not only worked along side other MIMs but also manage them and was their go to person for any issues. I worked remotely. As MIMs, we were responsible for managing any IT related Severity 1 or 2 incidents that came in. We would engage Techs, Managers, log events that took place to remedy the issue as well as send out status notifications to the clients and management. This is a very high stressful job at times. Co-workers were great to work with. We all were there to assist and aide one another when we had questions.
Pros
my schedule 06:00 - 14:00 M-F
Cons
breaks only when off of calls and not next in line for next call. Oncall all the time.
Manager supportive of team work
Associate Operations Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2016
Management keeping staff abreast to changes. Made sure we were a team of agility, productive and adequate. Supportive of making sure any HR or company changes we applicable for our team. Inform us of open opportunities for advancement or improving skills. Engaged us in all departmental requirements and updates.
Ever changing IT consulting company
Sr. Manager - Integrated Logistics Support (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJDecember 21, 2016
As with all consulting organizations, CSC must ebb and flow with the contracts and technology which is available. Being part of the government defense organization, I had the opportunity to travel throughout the US.
CSC- Honestly I would not recommend this place of employment
Senior Assistance Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 1, 2016
This was a good company to work for. My only complaint is that I was hired through a temp agency and informed that there would be a 90 day trial period and after the 90 days I would be hired or not. After my 90 days were up I ask the supervisor that the place of employment along with the temp agency if there were any plans on hiring me permanently. Both the supervisor and the temp agency me that the paperwork had been started for me to be hired. I ask them several times the weeks after that but they kept telling me the same information and that the contracts take a while to be processed. Months passed with nothing but they are still working on it. Finally 2 years later, I received a call from the temp agency at 11:00pm stating that "my contract was up and they never had any intentions of hiring you.
limited opportunity to advance
Production Control & Scheduling Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2016
Acquired New business for offshore support and not US. Limited opportunities for advancement. Overtime restrictions, no increases in pay
Benefits
Cons
Leveraging within department with limited personnel and overworked with restriction of overtime.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 23, 2016
Worked remotely in my personal office
Learned to be work independently and on a team
Management typical of huge corporation
Good/knowledgeable coworkers
Working remotely sometimes felt 'disconnected'
Meeting deadlines on challenging projects
Pros
Typical/Huge Corporation
Cons
Typical/Huge Corporation
Nice place to work, but very heavy workload.
iCare Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2016
Management not very helpful. Was outsourced to CSC when larger corporation bought out company. Really enjoyed working there before the transition.
Pros
Self Managed.
Cons
Only Technician supporting a 450+ User Base.
good company
Automation Testing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2017
CSRA's 18,000+ smart, talented individuals are making a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Together, we are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking made real today.
Unstable work environment
Assoc Partner (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 29, 2016
Some great people, however, company has had difficulty in closing business recently resulting in staff consulting staff layoffs. Impending merger with HPES will influence culture and work environment.
Pros
Colleagues very professional and capable
Cons
Company unable to sell consulting services
Great professional atmosphere
Network Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Great atmosphere that enables you to grow professionally and advance within the company. This job challenges you mentally and physically to always improve on the improvement.
Pros
Training that last a lifetime
Cons
Physically demanding
nice place to work at
Processor II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I've enjoy working with my co-workers for 19 years. They are very nice people. I 've learned so much about life insurance, mail, scanning, imaging and indexing files and correspondence. The relocation of CSC to Plano, TX is not convenient for me because is too far away from home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Company is moving to Plano, Texas
Great company if you like a sales culture
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2016
ABC...you'll win. The company has definitely been in flux over the past 10 years. With the recent HP Services acquisition many opportunities may exist if you can withstand the ambiguity.
Pros
Sales Culture
Cons
Sales Culture
We had a barbeque hosted by our supervisors once a yaer.towards the end of the contract with Medicare they just stopped caring.
Quality Assurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I started as a CSR for an in bound call . worked with the Medicare part D. I worked on special projects. I walked the floor and assisted new CSR"s with difficult calls. I trained CSR.s and piggybacked. Then I was promoted to Quality Assurance department. I audited calls, Wrote reviews and coached the CSR's.
Pros
We had a barbeque hosted by our supervisors once a yaer.
Cons
towards the end of the contract with Medicare they just stopped caring.
Good salary not a secure company
DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  LOS ANGELESSeptember 1, 2016
Lead in selecting, developing and implementing digital asset management (DAM) systems throughout Disney-ABC Television. DAM system platforms strategic to division goals of electronic media standardization (tape-less processing).
The people are great
Accounting Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 2, 2016
I enjoy working with the people, we're like a family. I know my work inside and out, I am the "go-to" person for many issues and I love it but the entire department is being laid off before 12/31. It is bittersweet, I do not want to look for a job but I know there are many opportunities awaiting me.
Pros
Liking the people I work with
Cons
Laying all of us off so we have to split up
Fun place to work for and great people to work with.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2017
The atmosphere was wonderful and my co-workers were great to work with. We were like a family still to this day. My manager was great and extremely helpful and gave me opportunity for growth within our department.
Comfort Zone
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 18, 2016
Great job, its a good place to work and the hours are great. Management is easy to work for and are flexible with time off. Family comes first here. The pay is very low compared to other Companies.
Loved the people
Change Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Loved my management team and the associates. Expanded my cloud, java and C# skills along with business development skills.
Interesting company
Project Manager/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
I liked my time there and learned a lot while doing my job. Good people and interesting projects. I got the chance to really work outside my comfort zone and take on new challenges.
Finance Transformation
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 17, 2017
Lots of changes, different company from when first hired. I was able to work remotely 100%, the only benefit. Turn over was high, extremely challenging to find knowledgeable resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

66%