Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHAugust 15, 2014
Did spend much time at this employer, I was laid off. Wish I had more time to learn more about the company.
Good company to work for
Senior UNIX Admin (Current Employee), Chalfont PAAugust 14, 2014
If you live near Pittsburgh PA or Coppell TX, this is a good company to work for
Good working environment
System Analyst (Professional-III) (Former Employee), DetroitJuly 25, 2014
Nice to work in healthy environment , good knowledge development
Workforce reduction and policy changes impacted work and life balance.
Senior Assistant: Claims Examiner (Former Employee), 2610 Wycliff Road Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers have been the best part of the company.
Cons: no management interaction.
Needs management interaction and proper training. Company has lost focus on employee development. The hardest part is being micromanaged.
No comment
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Hanover MdJuly 15, 2014
Typical day at work consists of helping customer solve computer and password problems.

I have learned how to work on several computer systems to ehance my
ability to advance in the computer world.

Co-workers were good to work with.

There was nothing hard about my job because I have been doing this
type of work for many years.

The most enjoyable is meeting different people in the work force and
talking with people on the phone
Stable job with good people.
Incident Coordinator, Regional Lead (Current Employee), Newburgh, INJuly 7, 2014
I have had a series of great managers at CSC that really tried to look out for the hardest workers to make sure they were rewarded. Unfortunately the CSC office near me has closed.
Traditional and Solid
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Norco, CAJuly 5, 2014
CSC is a wonderful and solid company to work for. A typical day of work consists of a 8 hour schedule in which you are allowed much independence in what you are doing. Management is wonderful and understanding, and the people there are helpful and friendly. I most enjoy working with my colleagues; however the pace of the work can be a bit slow.
Fast paced front line IT support at Raytheon in Huntsville, Alabama
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2014
Pros: continuous learning. great atmosphere.
Cons: the only cons would be not being in direct contact with my senior management.
I am the Site Manager for CSC supporting Raytheon. We provide the IT support for Desktop, Telephony, Video Conferencing and Network. I manage 3 Raytheon Facilities in Huntsville. I am continually learning and stongly believe in cross training. My management is located in Indiana. Most of my co-workers are remote at other sites across the Country. I enjoy being in the customer support field.
Call center with great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee), Barbourville, KYJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts, nice break room, good co-workers
Cons: crowded work area
I was given the opportunity to work night shift while finishing my degree. I worked three 12-hour shifts during the week W-F nights. This let me have time for my family and to still be in school full time as well. The call volume here is pretty high so you stay busy almost constantly. This at least does help the day go by quicker. I was also trained to do emails which helped pass the time in the event that the call volume died down. I sat in a "bay" with multiple other people which sometimes made it hard to hear your caller and not to be distracted by others also answering calls. Overall the job is straight forward and as long as you've owned a computer, you can do it.
Structured environment
NICS Operator (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVJune 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: rigid managment
Cubicle farm with no chance of advancement. Typical call center environment.
Its an okay job but its starting to lack work and the hours are only first shift
Processor 1 (Current Employee), East Hartford, CT 06108June 20, 2014
Pros: good people, comfortable work atmosphere
Cons: no raises, 1st shift only, i need a third shift
A typical day at CSC is to be here at 7am - 4pm with two 15 minute breaks, and an hour lunch break "unpaid". I will come in and sort the life insurance correspondence into bins and piles to go upstairs to the company teams for them to work on. We have had many lay-offs leaving us with no on-site manager, and no on-site Human Resource Representative. My co-workers are okay, but because of the lack of work lately, we are all just turning into mindless zombies. We all preferred to be busy no sleepy. There is really nothing hard about the job except for figuring out vacation days between our very few co-workers.
Very productive work environment
Work Experience (Former Employee), Worth, ILJune 19, 2014
Pros: i learned how to improved my over-all customer service skills, and abilities
Cons: not enough room for growth
Mondays were our busy days and we would work and have potlucks birrthdays, holidays and on special occassions.
Fast paced
Sr Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAJune 15, 2014
Pros: very good compansation
Cons: work is contract dependant
Put in a lot of air miles to customer work sites, travel can be from 50 to 75 % of your time.
Professional organization with dynamic management.
Regional Manager-Pacific and Far East (Former Employee), Lacey, WAJune 11, 2014
Pros: great work invironment
Cons: no job security due to contracting work.
Very good corporation, however, contracting positions are only as secure as the contract itself. Corporate downsizing is always a threat.
productive and learning environment
Project Controller/Scheduler (Former Employee), falls church, vaJune 9, 2014
Pros: training, travel
Cons: no breaks
A typical work day is very busy and most people do a lot of travelling and meetings so they are have short time to communicate.
Management was very organized when it comes to working or meeting together. My co-workers are friendly and because we come from a multicultural backgrounds we had a lot to talk about during our free times. The hardest part of the job is when no one has time to answer questions or no one responding to emails on time. Working with knowledgeable people from different background.
OK
Technical Integrator for Two-Factor (Former Employee), Sierra VistaJune 4, 2014
CSC is out the game now, but they too are cheap in pay.... highered by a sub contractor but once went to prime, the pay was shorted.
None at this time
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSMay 25, 2014
Worked at this company too long ago and for too short of a time to remember much. It was a contract job for 90 days at a military installation near where I lived.
overalll good company to work for
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), springfieldMay 18, 2014
Pros: cool environment
Cons: compensation
Work environment is plesent and not much work pressure.
Co workers are good and co operative.
Not very happy with management.
Great workplace and coworkers.
Help Desk Operator (Current Employee), Alabama Supercomputer, Huntsville AlMay 17, 2014
Pros: great workplace and coworkers
Cons: no room for growth at this current time
This company has successfully made me the employee I am today. The workplace was fantastic and very relaxed, but challenged me on a daily basis which was good for growth.
Very interesting job
Engineers Technical Assistant (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 16, 2014
Pros: full time job with good beneficts
Cons: contractor
I Operate the pneumatic wave maker, the rotating arm and the carriages as well as the circulating wave maker. This is a research and developement lab, so everything needs to be tested.