Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Claims examiner
Claims Examiner II/ III (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYOctober 31, 2014
I learned a lot working here, it was a smaller office and it was a good work environment. People and managers were good to us.
Independent Work Structure
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
A typical day is very independent at CSC, it was not a very team based environment at all. You were expected to do you job and if need be ask for help.
Pros
working remote
Cons
no help if you needed it
third party support desk
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXOctober 27, 2014
Techs were graded on metrics only.
No opportunity for advancement.
Difficult to convert from Contractor to Full Time.
It was a great first job experience for me.
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2014
It was a great first time job for me. Management was actually great I really enjoyed it. I met alot of long term friends there.
Decent place to work. Compensation and benefits equal to other
Contract Specialist and Advisor (Former Employee) –  FORT BELVOIR, SPRINGFIELD VAOctober 27, 2014
This was my first job in private industry after working 37 years as an air force civilian. I did not have any pre-conceived notions or a metric to measure the company's performance.
Pros
neutral, insufficient time at branch to make a fair determination; although, the company was highly recommended
Cons
commute was congested and spent too many hours sitting in traffic.
great company
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2014
csc is a good company to work for. Good employee work life balance and benefits.
Working remotely at client site
Field Technician Sr. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 16, 2014
We work independently according to the responsibility we our assigned. Most issue/problem we received come from the ticketing system to be resolved. Also we were able to assist different client groups with projects. I enjoy the work in helping the client. The hours were great because it allow me to have a good balance between work and family life.
Pros
the work hours, site location, working independent
Cons
compensation when layoff/rip
a reletively ok place to work
Systems Administrator / Task Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2014
Nice people. Traffic has become an issue as it takes a while to get on base at the check point. Most employees are frustrated with the low wages.
Pros
nice people
Cons
healthcare sucks
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 15, 2014
Overall good pay, decent hours. The management is great. Getting time off is impossible without the accrued time which can be frustrating.
Csc
Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
CSC Big Data Strategy is a consulting service that helps you exploit large, diverse, fast-moving data to improve business performance through new insights and enhanced intuition that improves business decision making and better predicts outcomes.

Social network content, location and mobile data, video sensor data, enterprise application data as well as other forms of data are being generated at phenomenal rates. We harness big data, and dramatically improve decision-making right across your business from product design to supply chain management.

Want to know more about Computer Science Corporation?

Ask a question
Good Company
IT Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2014
Good Company•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Daily Activities
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCOctober 8, 2014
◦ Program Products Team:
- Installed, maintained, and tested various vendor products on the z/OS environment using SMP/e and non-SMP/e methods on a day-to-day basis.
- Used CLIST, REXX execs, and TSO commands after implementing and customizing vendor products to invoke those products on a testing LPAR after installing them on a production LPAR.
- Contributed to a z/OS 1.13 upgrade for a client by researching product version/release requirements, and then customized the products to meet the z/OS upgrade standards.
◦ CICS Team:
- Submits program definition upgrades to testing and production CICS regions using DFHCSDUP batch jobs, CEDA commands, and CENT commands.
- Attends and participates in weekly change review meetings where the change requests submitted the previous week are reviewed and implementation plans are discussed with the CICS team.
- Generates new CICS transaction regions for testing and production environments on the z/OS environment as per the request of clients.
Maintaining the network - including all software and harware
Computer Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South KoreaOctober 8, 2014
o Performing hardware diagnostics and coordinating repairs, assisting in planning and designing personal computer support systems, liaison for data transfer systems design and implementation
o Clearing file logs, writing and manipulating scripts, imaging and loading operating systems, installing software patches and updates, soldering, running and terminating Ethernet cables
o Troubleshooting and repairing all hardware and software problems
Enthusiastic Work Environment & productive culture
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 30, 2014
The company work environment is very good & productive. Management is friendly & team members are very good.
Pros
seminars, technical sessions
Cons
still to have it
Best Job
Simulator Flight Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 19, 2014
One of the best job I have ever had, my co-workers there was helpful and would be willing to tech and show you how the flight simulation field works.
Pros
learn
Excelent place to work.
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GASeptember 10, 2014
A typical day consisted of interacting with employees and assisting with their needs.
Great Place to work for
Helpdesk Technician Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2014
answering phone calls from clients
Managing Active Directory,
Mgmt we all got along
Coworkers were like a family
coming back to work in the office from working remote for 2yrs
being back with my coworkers
Pros
holidays food was provided
N/a
Team Lead - Accounting (Current Employee) –  Blythewood, SCSeptember 2, 2014
I would rather not give my opinion. I am still employed and I have my familt yo think about.
I dont want to review
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 29, 2014
Nothing. I do not wish to post anything to review for this company. Anything anyone wishes to ask, they can ask me. I will not post anything online.
Very Productive,family oriented and the best place to workWould
Data Entry Clark/Credit and Collection (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 26, 2014
Would recommend CS to any one that love Friendly, heartwarming productive place to work, very team oriented, which leads to hug growth to the Firm, I really do missed Computer Science Corp.
Pros
lots of good treats for employees, good insurance package
Cons
really can think of any!!!