Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

Remote opportunity
Remedy and ServiceNow Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 12, 2017
Large company with common communication challenges. Staff head counts ebbs and flows with customer activities. Good training and growth opportunities.
Executives do not care about employees, unrealistic expectations, no raises
Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 12, 2017
typical day involved 12 hours of conference calls and web meetings
Culture is stressful, uncaring
Hardest part is unrealistic expectations and no recognition
Technical Support Representative (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTSeptember 10, 2017
CSC was my first technical support analyst after getting my MCSE and A+ certification but that was just to get me in the door while there I had to learn systems we supported which ranged from Windows NT, Unix and even Mainframe which all helped me to become the second level support.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
competition was high
CSC Review
Sr. Scheduler / Project Controls (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Good place to work, nice work life balance.
Good weather in NC.
Good people to work with and interesting work.
I was a contract worker and took all my projects to Final User Testing.
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
none I can think of
n/a
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work. What you learned. Management. Workplace culture. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Give us your opinion.
Large company with solid industry footprint
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  West CountryAugust 29, 2017
Its a tough industry, but CSC helped shape it. There were challenges and pain, but all in all the mood was good.
They paid well, but expected so much in return it sometime felt overburdening. There recent challenge is to come out in good shape, with the merger of HP into DXC.
Pros
Good pay and benefits package
Cons
Constant redundacy threats
No review
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 25, 2017
CSC is a fun-loving place to work, depending on the team you’re on. I’m a member of the quality/disbursements team, and its a fun team. I'd say, join us!
CSC/DCX Stay away.....
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 23, 2017
CSC/DCX has/had management problems no doubt it still has issues.

I was laid off in favor of younger less experienced workers just out of

School. My guess is they bailed shortly after finding out what they were

In for.
Pros
Worked remotely
Cons
No life but work...work.....work
Very Productive
Field Technician Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 22, 2017
CSC keeps you busy; however, you are told that the positions are temp to perm. Yet it seems like the practice is to hire someone else after 3 months.
Fun work space
VAX System Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
Overall fun and productive work space, with very nice people. The only I left was because the project ended. Management was supportive.
Typical day was to ensure all systems perform well, and resolve end users issues.
Pros
People
Cons
Project ended
Continuous Learninig
Sr. Sec Specialist / Regional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaAugust 16, 2017
Translation of intel-community and federal directives and regulations into agency policies and standard operation procedures to provide security guidance to projects and programs.
Very Good
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  South KoreaAugust 16, 2017
Overall I would recomend this job. It was a fast paced environment working with the customers. I learned to adapt to situations that were not expected and now have the ability and knowhow to troubleshoot most computer systems.
Pros
Steady pay and guaranteed 40 hour week
Cons
Some personality conflicts but nothing I could not overcome
Enjoyed working for CSC/CSRA
Lead Architect Technology, CMS DECC PQRS (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 14, 2017
My typical day at work is attend meetings in house and with CMS via conference call while attending some issues locally.

Usually testers comes to me and asked for help, understanding the process and fixing error if any..

I was hired as a Sr Systems Analyst but the company let me also used my knowledge in developments.

The hardest part of my job a lead Developer is dealing with difficult people and lazy people. I get them motivated also.

But do enjoy the nix culture and collaborating with every body's idea and putting them into action. I enjoyed developing, solving issue and mentoring people also.
Pros
Great 401K option, health benefits and open minded management
Cons
not enough holidays and vacation off
Ok place to work
IT Help Desk/Workflow Analyst (Former Employee) –  KansasAugust 13, 2017
It was an ok place to work until they took my job to PR and didn't offer any other opportunities. Several years of experience (seniority) didn't matter.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
They moved a lot of jobs to PR.
Good company to work for
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2017
Good company to work for. My typical day at work is ensuring client servers are working properly and resolving network and application issues. Enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently with management support.
Contractor role
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILAugust 8, 2017
Not a fan of being a contractor for the fact it is not necessarily long term and does not bring the stability needed for raising a family. Contract ran out and nothing was available in the area.
Pros
got me into the IT space
Cons
short term
Consultant company with a lot of opportunities
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDAugust 7, 2017
CSC offers contractual based employment opportunities for many different career paths. It may not be as easy to work on the corporate side however, contract opportunities are plentiful. My only issue is your job security is up to the contract lead you work with as opposed to a Project Management Office. Not a good culture for advancement in my opinion.
Great company but positions tied to chargeable contracts
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 6, 2017
CSC is a great company but note that many positions are tied to one or more Federal contracts. when these contracts are not renewed, they will attempt to find a new home for you but you may be laid off if no new position is found.
Pros
Lots of travel
Cons
Too much travel
Temporary Contract work
Information Assurance Engineer Leader (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 1, 2017
This was just a temporary contract. I did not work for the company long enough to give an detailed opinion about it or their methods. They were good to me and I was happy to work there
Pros
Pay
Cons
short term
Refer to previous summarized comments.
Supply Technician/Logistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 28, 2017
Refer to previous summarized comments for DynCorp and CEI. Again, company contractor transition occurred during Fiscal Year Competition between contractors bidding and awards for military government support.
Pros
Trust level.
Cons
Variety of work assignments; cross trained to enhance the skills and knowledge for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.