Computer Science Corporation Employee Reviews

Company in transition
Executive Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 25, 2016
Not a good time to work at CSC. The company is in transition and does not care about the happiness of its employees. The company has a huge turnover at the time and is not a good place to work if you want a good work life balance.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Extremely long days and no raises in sight
Excellent
Logistcs Analyst. (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 24, 2016
A great place to work for and make an honest living. Excellent company for growth and opportunity. It was a joy to meet new and excellent personnel from all different backgrounds..
Pros
None.
Cons
Love my job.
Great Career
Service Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2016
Good company and good management. Enjoyed the challenge of IT for various customers. Moved through the various management positions. Good compensation and good career planning.
Good place to work.
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYOctober 18, 2016
I would think the hardest part of the job was the monotony and the overall difficulty when dealing with different contracts.
CSC is a horrible company
Release Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2016
They care nothing for employees and do not value skills only the bottom line. Awful benefits even the 401k is rigged. Management is awful and the corporate environment is bad
Busy Position
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 5, 2016
We have a 5 day SLA to process Purchase orders. We get the requisition, look at it and decide if we need to go out and get other bids or have an Agreement associated with it. If we have an Agreement we just process the PO, if not, then we have to get Price List, Certificate of Insurance (if applicable), Non-Disclosure (if applicable) or go to another vendor and get quotes. Management is there if we have questions and co-workers are always a big help. I love working on the computer and helping people out.
Pros
Working on the computer
Cons
5 Days SLA
IT Outsourcing Company
project manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 5, 2016
stressful company to work for.

absolutely no caring or loyalty to employees

client customers have ability to remove employees from accounts without any company support.
Pros
ability to work from hme
Cons
absolutely no caring or loyalty to employees
We had a barbeque hosted by our supervisors once a yaer.towards the end of the contract with Medicare they just stopped caring.
Quality Assurance Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I started as a CSR for an in bound call . worked with the Medicare part D. I worked on special projects. I walked the floor and assisted new CSR"s with difficult calls. I trained CSR.s and piggybacked. Then I was promoted to Quality Assurance department. I audited calls, Wrote reviews and coached the CSR's.
Pros
We had a barbeque hosted by our supervisors once a yaer.
Cons
towards the end of the contract with Medicare they just stopped caring.
Loved the people
Change Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Loved my management team and the associates. Expanded my cloud, java and C# skills along with business development skills.
Nice place to work, but very heavy workload.
iCare Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2016
Management not very helpful. Was outsourced to CSC when larger corporation bought out company. Really enjoyed working there before the transition.
Pros
Self Managed.
Cons
Only Technician supporting a 450+ User Base.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 16, 2016
I have not worked there in a long time. So my memory of the job is a little eschewed. I really don't remember the environment there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Document Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 14, 2016
Great company to work for with good people. I was able to improvement my skills and continued to learn new things in different areas.
It is an okay place to work.
Help Desk Analyst/Help Desk Analyst Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I worked one of their help desk as a remote employee. I was working in one department as a remote employee and then was transferred to another area of the company.
Management really does make a difference. I was treated very well by the first dept. After being transferred the new managers did not seem to be very open to remote employees. They ended up laying me off due to lack of work. They put me on a new account and apparently hired too many people for that dept.
I can't say I was mistreated, it just seemed like the new managers were not as open to remote workers.
Pros
Large company with over 100, 000 people world wide allowed for several nice employee perks
Cons
Large company, harder to move up.
SAP HANA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 10, 2016
Great challenging opportunities. Provided me continuous progression opportunities.Large footprint, Leader in outsourcing. facilities to employees wa excellent
work place is very ciomfortable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 9, 2016
very nice place. I gain the lot of experience from them. i learned a lot. very good manager. i work in different projects. very good place to work.
Pros
very nice place.
Cons
good care
Not the Greatest Company to Work for
Human Resources Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2016
I worked for CSC for almost 10 years, and while there I performed well and participated in every opportunity for professional improvement, including attending graduate school. The good thing about them is their educational assistance policy which is highly competitive, but that is about the extent of it.

Ultimately after 9 years of service they called me on the phone and told me not to bother coming into work the next day, because they were eliminating my job. Layoffs and outsourcing are the norm in this firm. My suggestion is to walk the other way and find a competing firm that appreciates their staff a little more.
Good salary not a secure company
DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  LOS ANGELESSeptember 1, 2016
Lead in selecting, developing and implementing digital asset management (DAM) systems throughout Disney-ABC Television. DAM system platforms strategic to division goals of electronic media standardization (tape-less processing).
Unstable work environment
Assoc Partner (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 29, 2016
Some great people, however, company has had difficulty in closing business recently resulting in staff consulting staff layoffs. Impending merger with HPES will influence culture and work environment.
Pros
Colleagues very professional and capable
Cons
Company unable to sell consulting services
Great company if you like a sales culture
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2016
ABC...you'll win. The company has definitely been in flux over the past 10 years. With the recent HP Services acquisition many opportunities may exist if you can withstand the ambiguity.
Pros
Sales Culture
Cons
Sales Culture
They care about you
Senior Assistant--Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 26, 2016
Management was great here. They really care about you when you are sick. The only thing I would recommend is making sure people are fully trained and understand something. You do get abused by the callers a lot which can affect your health after a while. There's also no pay increases and insurance is expensive if you want the better insurance.
Pros
Get to work from home, management
Cons
Insurance, abusive callers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Science Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Computer Science Corporation Reviews by Location