Computer Sciences Employee Reviews

For the right person.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Very friendly work environment, great managers and coworkers. Extremely restrictive movement monitored constantly, professional courtesy is not part of policy.
Contractor conundrums
Information System Architect/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Difficult to be respected by client. Suggestions were often scoffed at. Eventually they kicked CSC out and brought HCL in. They are now missing CSC!!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management and HR totally useless
Heavily matrixed organization with a lot of great people
Workforce Planning (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2016
CSC is undergoing a great deal of business and organizational changes. They recently split into two companies - federal and commercial. My focus was the commercial side for the Americas region. This included many of CSC largest accounts such as General Dynamics, AT&T, etc. My focus was primarily new business pursuits and the expected resource needs once contracts were won.
The challenges revolved around the lack of effective communication between the sales and delivery organizations. Success was faciliating those communications and helping the delivery organizations with forecasting their potential resource demand and supply over a rolling 12-18 month period - taking into consideration other factors such as attrition, client reductions, etc. This allowed the delivery organizations to proactively plan resource needs vs react.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Heavily matrixed; frequent management and business reorganizations
Fun and laid back place
senior business analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 11, 2016
CSC is a good place to work. Good work life balance. Fun and laid back culture. Considerate with needs of the associates.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Low compensation
Big
Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
The higher ups are just trying to make money. Raises are slim even with the best appraisals.

Seems to be challenging for some groups, seems to be lack of work in other groups.
Pros
relaxed workplace
Cons
usually short on work and senior managers are trying to make a buck
Good Working Environment.
Senior Professional - Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Good Working Environment and pay.
Learning curve is high and improves skillset with internal training.
Good Management and leadership.
excellent company to work with
senior software engineer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Enjoyed working in CSC. IT provides a good work and life balance. Also the project has multiple things to learn. Technical teachings and learning in CSC is ample. Good company to grow.
Not a healthy work-life balance
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Bossier city, LAJanuary 6, 2016
CSC is a matrix-based organization. You're not always on the same team, and the timezone factors aren't always considered. I've seen on several occasions where the job description was "stretched" to get people in the door.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
deceptive job descriptions, dynamic matrix-based groups
Great place to start your career
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to start your career but not a good place to grow. There has been a lot of job cuts. Management is reasonable in terms of productivity from the employees. Co-worker are nice
Cons
Vacation Policy Sucks
Poor Management and Communication
Sr. Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 30, 2015
The company is only financial minded, they have taken on a client that they can't properly accommodate and the employees have to make excuses for the incapability of the company. All they are concerned with are having bodies there to take the calls. The communication is awful and the morale is very low. Hard to keep employees.
Cons
Low Morale
SAP BI/BW support and implementation consultent
Developer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 20, 2015
Joined as a fresher.CSC helped me to grow in all aspects
Good to work with CSC.technically personally learned.Good organization to work
Good overall
Onsite QA Lead & Analyst (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 14, 2015
Very good work life balance at work place. Decent place to work even with little politics here and there but not a bad work place.
Productive and Work/life balance with CSC
Working as a Programmer Analyst Professional. (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 5, 2015
Productive and Work/life balance with CSC.CSC is process oriented company.Working culture in CSC is very good.Employee friendly management.
SETA Services
Manager: Program (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at work revolves around my desk, as a people manager and task lead in addition to my client facing responsibilities, a majority of my day is spent either on the phone generating documents or answering emails.

In this job I've learned what my best attributes are and how to apply them to my career on a daily basis, I've learned that you may not always need to know the answer, but as long as you can admit that and take the action to find out the answer you will be successful.

Management has greatly improved during my time here, over the last several years several layers of management have been removed. My visibility into senior leadership is now greater than at any other point in my career.

My co-workers are competent, pleasant and always willing to lend a hand as needed.

The hardest part of my job is trying to balance everything, however, by maintaining a checklist and scheduling my time in a manner that allows me to handle everything I have been able to manage this part of the job.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Multiple competing, high priority tasks
Short term stay but good
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 4, 2015
Only worked there for three months before the contract was lost. I was treated well and the management was easy to work with. I would go back to the company in the future if the opportunity arose.
Not culturally sustainable.
Provider Enrollment Analyst/Client Services (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Job description did not match actual duties in role. Management only worried about SLA metric and training was insufficient.
Pros
Popcorn provided some days.
Excellent work place with ample of training oppurtunities
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Good cohesive team and it is a good experience to learn new skills, Management is very supportive, excellent resources available for self development.
Great Company Culture
Installation Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIJanuary 10, 2015
Hawaii is expensive and CSC doesn't keep up with the cost of living here but the local staff is excellent and the finest group of people I've had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Good place to work initially. Culture changed to off shore hiring
Data Base Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Worked remotely from homeNovember 26, 2014
Good place to work Initially. Culture changed to off shore hiring and eliminating jobs for Americans. Not a good ending after ten years. Supported several key customers. Upgraded database software including IBM software, CA software and Compuware software.
Pros
good opportunity for advancement
Cons
off shore hiring practices
Productive and fast moving days
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZNovember 21, 2014
I was employed by CSE, but worked for the Government. The Gov't was wonderful to me. I worked for a 1 Star General. First thing in the morning I went over his calendar with him. I answered and screened all phone calls. I made all of his travel arrangements. Settle his vouchers when he came back. Proof read all material for signature before going into the General. Scheduled all meeting with the staff and the General. Did payroll for 124 employees.
Pros
set at the executive level
Cons
always had to be sharp