Computer Sciences

Computer Sciences United States Employee Reviews

Not culturally sustainable.
Provider Enrollment Analyst/Client Services (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: Popcorn provided some days.
Job description did not match actual duties in role. Management only worried about SLA metric and training was insufficient.
Excellent work place with ample of training oppurtunities
Group Lead (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Good cohesive team and it is a good experience to learn new skills, Management is very supportive, excellent resources available for self development.
Great Company Culture
Installation Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Wahiawā, HIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Hawaii is expensive and CSC doesn't keep up with the cost of living here but the local staff is excellent and the finest group of people I've had the pleasure of working with.
Good place to work initially. Culture changed to off shore hiring
Data Base Systems Programmer (Current Employee), Worked remotely from homeNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good opportunity for advancement
Cons: off shore hiring practices
Good place to work Initially. Culture changed to off shore hiring and eliminating jobs for Americans. Not a good ending after ten years. Supported several key customers. Upgraded database software including IBM software, CA software and Compuware software.
Productive and fast moving days
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Huachuca, AZNovember 21, 2014
Pros: set at the executive level
Cons: always had to be sharp
I was employed by CSE, but worked for the Government. The Gov't was wonderful to me. I worked for a 1 Star General. First thing in the morning I went over his calendar with him. I answered and screened all phone calls. I made all of his travel arrangements. Settle his vouchers when he came back. Proof read all material for signature before going into the General. Scheduled all meeting with the staff and the General. Did payroll for 124 employees.
Pan Am was a great company to work for, with some of the top management.
Mechanic, Power House (Former Employee), Patrick Afb, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: food and lodgeing . good vacation policies.
With 25-years with Pan Am I was honored to be among the USAF eastern test range employees.
Good values
General Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Joint Base Lewis McChordNovember 9, 2014
CSC is a great employer, believes in taking care of its employees.
Demanding and challenging work environment
L&D PMO (Current Employee), Raritan, NJ - work from homeOctober 29, 2014
Pros: work from home capability
Cons: constant change/changing leadership
Lot of on-going change in Leadership and org structure. Management is always challenged with cost cutting requirements. The people are great. Best part of job is ability to telework/work from home full time for multiple years. Lots of professional growth over 15 years.
a typical day at work
Desktop Support Incident Team Site Lead (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
DEsktop support technician
Deskside support, Technician/Engineering Dept (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fairly good wage
Cons: management
CSC to start with was a good company, a typical day at work is a queue full of IMAC/ODBC calls. Allot of physical labor was involved with this job, with is not a bad thinkg as i was able to keep myself in shape while working. The management at first was top notch, then our manager quit, and another one came in and he changes the whole spectrum and outlook of all the desktop techs that were in my group. Very condedending to my team members and myself.
Hardest part of the job was the daily physical labor involved in moving maci=hines around all dy long installs, moves etc. MOst enjoyable part of the job was helping teh people I served during my duties on a daily basis.
Awful place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), REMOTEJune 25, 2014
Pros: you can work from home
Cons: no raises, no bonuses, terrible managers, terrible environment.
I am at a loss for words. I have been with CSC for many years and it just keeps getting worse. I can't remember the last time I had a salary increase. I am ready to move on.
Not a good work environment and do not take care of employees
Pricing Strategy Analyst (Former Employee), Falls ChurchMay 21, 2014
Not a good work environment and do not take care of employees
Administrative Clerical Supervisor (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2014
Really enjoyed the time at this company. Very busy. Had the opportunity to learn a lot. Management was great....very down to earth.
multiple tasks handler
Senior Security Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2014
I’m highly motivated and can handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with little or no supervision
CSC has no diversity in management and lags behind in training and implementing new technologies within CSC.
SAP System Administrator (Former Employee), Bath, MEFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: slow to implement new technology within the company and lack of adequate training, lacks diversity in management, and is quick to outsource american jobs to csc india sector.
Smart people badly managed. CSC has limited opportunity no matter how hard you work. CSC demands questionable hours of work that test labor laws. CSC offers very little incentives.
good deal
Engineering Tech 4 (Current Employee), Patuxent River, MDFebruary 3, 2014
A good company to work for. There are a lot of opportunities while working at CSC.
Wonderful experience
Office Manager (Former Employee), Merrifield, VANovember 24, 2013
Pros: pleasant working environment
Cons: being outside of the commute range.
A typical day at work - Security
what you learned - ITIL
management - thorough/available
your co-workers - proactive
the hardest part of the job - being promoted to a distant location
the most enjoyable part of the job - People
An interesting and unique company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTNovember 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits, outstanding employees
Cons: reorganizations, job security
Work days included providing information to fellow employees, approving invoices and purchase orders, updating revenue and expense forecast and completing various assigned tasks. I learned how to use the various computer programs such as SAP and SRM. I became more proficient at MS Excel. Mangers to whom I reported were all supportive and approachable. The co-workers were outstanding people professionally and personally. I was very fortunate in that regard. The most challenging part of the job was the tight time frames at month end. The most enjoyable part of the job the ability to work independently.
Good place to work. Serious about the mission
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, Md.November 10, 2013
CSC is a good place to work. They are serious about their mission to support the client while at the same time maintaining profitability.
Quick learner of databases and self starter.
Navy Knowledge Online (NKO) Task Lead (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2013
Pros: able to work in diverse environment.
Cons: government work is not secure.
Provide project management, quality assurance, risk management and configuration management support for multiple clients under DoN contract. Facilitate meetings, record minutes and action items. Generate documentation in accordance with DoD standards. Support test events as tester, test coordinator, documenting test defects and creating test plans, scripts, and reports. Create briefs as required for Defense Acquisition Guideline events for multiple complex projects. Develop integrated master schedules. Perform administrative duties including account creation and assigning roles and responsibilities. Proficient in MS Office 2007/2010 Word, Visio, Excel, Power Point and Project. Over 25 years administrative experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to multi task. Share lessons learned and knowledge of applications with co-workers. Enjoy a challenge especially with process [value] engineering and process improvement. Hardest part of job is attending and/or facilitating various meetings with little time between to accomplish the work resulting from meetings.