Computer Sciences Employee Reviews

Think Twice
Professional (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 21, 2016
Severe lack of incentives, acknowledgement and no raises for employees. Low morale and strong feeling of employees not being valued. Will allow you to work remotely.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and remote work
Cons
No raises, poor management, difficult processes that hinder work productivity
Company in transition
Executive Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 25, 2016
Not a good time to work at CSC. The company is in transition and does not care about the happiness of its employees. The company has a huge turnover at the time and is not a good place to work if you want a good work life balance.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Extremely long days and no raises in sight
Horrible comany all around
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 5, 2016
No raises, no bonuses, management has no clue about anything, they constantly lay-off people as per their "reduction in force" policy, they even shut down from Christmas to New Years and expect you to use your vacation days and if they are already used you do not get paid for that week!!!! STAY AWAY
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY
Not the Greatest Company to Work for
Human Resources Lead (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 2, 2016
I worked for CSC for almost 10 years, and while there I performed well and participated in every opportunity for professional improvement, including attending graduate school. The good thing about them is their educational assistance policy which is highly competitive, but that is about the extent of it.

Ultimately after 9 years of service they called me on the phone and told me not to bother coming into work the next day, because they were eliminating my job. Layoffs and outsourcing are the norm in this firm. My suggestion is to walk the other way and find a competing firm that appreciates their staff a little more.
CSC is a horrible company
Release Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 14, 2016
They care nothing for employees and do not value skills only the bottom line. Awful benefits even the 401k is rigged. Management is awful and the corporate environment is bad
Cost Cutting Culture
partner (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 4, 2016
In light of continuing revenue decline the company has cut deep in marketing, services development, and sales force. It has resulted in high turnover, poor morale, and a culture of management churn. Some long term employees have hung on awaiting retirement and those who are hired from the outside start looking to leave within six months. I had six managers in my last two years.
Pros
improved stock price
Cons
high turnover, lack of commitment to customer success by executive management
Busy Position
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 5, 2016
We have a 5 day SLA to process Purchase orders. We get the requisition, look at it and decide if we need to go out and get other bids or have an Agreement associated with it. If we have an Agreement we just process the PO, if not, then we have to get Price List, Certificate of Insurance (if applicable), Non-Disclosure (if applicable) or go to another vendor and get quotes. Management is there if we have questions and co-workers are always a big help. I love working on the computer and helping people out.
Pros
Working on the computer
Cons
5 Days SLA
Good Employees and bad vision
Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2016
Company focuses mainly on cost optimization. Revenue growth is achieved through acquisitions. Organization is flat and there are only few job levels available.

Due to this there is no career growth for employees, no management layer to address employees concern/issues.
Excellent Company to Work with
Senior Professional Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAMay 18, 2016
Company culture is good. Employees are helping in growing the individual.

Compensation is a problem. Not getting good compensation, and hike is not that much, even if someone gets promotion.
Pros
Good culture, lots of learning
Cons
Compensation issues
Very fast pace and challenging atmosphere
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2016
Took early shift to avoid traffic. Stressful in the mornings when staff report early. Learned to use several applications and worked with several groups. Management was very supportive and staff was very cooperative. Several meetings which were not meaningful
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Ok place but no job security
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeApril 18, 2016
Co-workers generally easy to get along with. Management variable, some very competent, others incompetent. Upper management does not seem to appreciate the grunts. Many inefficiencies in how things are run. Best part of the job is working from home and flexible hours. Worst part is no job security and no raises.
A Place To Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Call CenterMay 26, 2016
If your badge works on Monday, you are expected to work that week. If they haven't taken away your badge by Friday, you are expected to show up on Monday. Of all the places I have worked, CSC is definitely one of them.
Pros
sometimes the pay is better than a fast food franchise, middle management are really quite excellent
Cons
zero job security, low morale, no innovation, antiquated software and hardware
A Great Job, Maybe Even Better Now That It Is CSRC
Flight Simulator Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 26, 2016
All of my time spent at this company was at various "satellite sites;" places where there are only a handful of employees surrounded by the clients. While this made a lot of the job a nice and quiet place to work, with the lack of employees came a lack in the ability for promotion/upward mobility. However, the people I worked with were a tight group and we worked quite well together. Several of my co-workers were extremely knowledgeable, and were more than willing to share their experience, instead of hording their knowledge to ensure that they remain "valuable" to the company. I was also able to gain experience on many, many different simulation platforms including flight simulators, convoy simulators, combat and rifle/pistol range simulators, and more. Overall, it was a great place to work, but there was no real possibility of upward mobility.
Pros
Great co-workers, many ways to gain experience, pro-military environment, many co-workers were very knowledgeable and willing to share their experience
Cons
Little chance of upward mobility
CSC provides Global IT and Network support for many companies across the world.
Major Incident Manager (MIM) team (Former Employee) –  Remote user. Worked from home. Mountain Home, ARJuly 2, 2016
My latest adventure with CSC was scheduler and Major Incident Manager (MIM) Lead. I managed the work schedule for 30 plus employees which covered a 24x7 shifts with all variations of days and hours. I also approved all vacation request for our team and made sure we had adequate coverage. As MIM lead I not only worked along side other MIMs but also manage them and was their go to person for any issues. I worked remotely. As MIMs, we were responsible for managing any IT related Severity 1 or 2 incidents that came in. We would engage Techs, Managers, log events that took place to remedy the issue as well as send out status notifications to the clients and management. This is a very high stressful job at times. Co-workers were great to work with. We all were there to assist and aide one another when we had questions.
Pros
my schedule 06:00 - 14:00 M-F
Cons
breaks only when off of calls and not next in line for next call. Oncall all the time.
Work without Recognition
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 9, 2016
No matter how hard we work, there wont be significant recognition. No increments, no promotions. Technically a well organized environment for learning
Pros
Organized Technical Environment, Learning Opportunities
Cons
No Recognition
Unstable work environment
Assoc Partner (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 29, 2016
Some great people, however, company has had difficulty in closing business recently resulting in staff consulting staff layoffs. Impending merger with HPES will influence culture and work environment.
Pros
Colleagues very professional and capable
Cons
Company unable to sell consulting services
Nice place to work, but very heavy workload.
iCare Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2016
Management not very helpful. Was outsourced to CSC when larger corporation bought out company. Really enjoyed working there before the transition.
Pros
Self Managed.
Cons
Only Technician supporting a 450+ User Base.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 23, 2016
Worked remotely in my personal office
Learned to be work independently and on a team
Management typical of huge corporation
Good/knowledgeable coworkers
Working remotely sometimes felt 'disconnected'
Meeting deadlines on challenging projects
Pros
Typical/Huge Corporation
Cons
Typical/Huge Corporation
Great company if you like a sales culture
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2016
ABC...you'll win. The company has definitely been in flux over the past 10 years. With the recent HP Services acquisition many opportunities may exist if you can withstand the ambiguity.
Pros
Sales Culture
Cons
Sales Culture
Good salary not a secure company
DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  LOS ANGELESSeptember 1, 2016
Lead in selecting, developing and implementing digital asset management (DAM) systems throughout Disney-ABC Television. DAM system platforms strategic to division goals of electronic media standardization (tape-less processing).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computer Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.