Computer Systems Institute

Computer Systems Institute Employee Reviews

Great opportunities
Director of Studies (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 21, 2015
CSI promotes from within and strives to offer quality education to its students. CSI's management goals align closely with its mission. It is a great place to gain experience.
ESL Academy ESL Instructor
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 21, 2015
Pros: meeting people from other countries
Cons: low pay, at will, will let you go for any reason, no benefits
Low pay around 20 an hour and must hold M.A. in teaching. Typical day at work was teaching ESL students for 5 hour blocks with very little material. You are given a course outline and prep your own lessons. They only give you 1 hour of paid prep time per week with two 5 hour lessons for each class. Students are solely there to get their F1 status validated. It is a visa mill and they pass students to keep them since it brings down their 90/10 with people paying cash. They even have programs like Microsoft Office and students are allowed to go get a job whereas any other school an F1 visa holder would not be able to. How does driving a cab equate to learning Microsoft Office or working in a Thai restaurant? I quite because the pay was low, no benefits and they expected me to take time off of my full time job (hiring me knowing I worked downtown full time) for faculty enrichment sessions.
The last straw is when they fired a colleague of mine for taking bereavement leave when her uncle died whom she was very close to. They didn't even tell her and when she came back in from leave they had already found a replacement for her. Sick and appalling management with no experience. I would not recommend teaching there or working there. I know admissions only gets paid mid thirties to low 40s in the city meanwhile most admissions positions in the city pay 50 plus with fringe benefits.
csi
Medical Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Elgin, ILMay 7, 2015
I wish that the job would have been long term. this job let me know that the medical field was for me and not as a medical assistaint.
I like it here
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2015
Pros: Compensation
Cons: Management, culture politics, arbitrary terminations
Could use better immediate management. Delegators don't work well with professionals. Things are always changing and requirements of instructors is shifted everyday.
Can be a stressful environment when meeting deadlines.
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Financial Aid Assistance
Cons: High employee turnaround.
Computer Systems Institute is overrated in job assistance and limited on particular courses that they provide in computer technology.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: No micromanagement
Cons: For me its the distance from Chicago to Gurnee
It's enriching to help other people lives. Do your job and they will work with you. There seems to be little room for growth being that everyone in leadership has been there for years. I love it and I hate to leave to explore other opportunities for leadership. They give you a paid off day for your birthday too.
Interractive
Campus Ambassador for International Students (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
My duties used to be various at the very beginning but then it slowed down. I learned mostly by myself clerk/administration stuff as customer service too working with international student everyday. My coworkers were the greatest and hardworking people I have ever met.
The best thing working here is that I learned and interact with some many cultures and people from all over the world who became my friends.
An open and honest workplace. Very encouraging.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Working with the manager of my department was the most rewarding part of my job. Outstanding leadership. It was a fun job, working in admissions, because you got the chance to change students lives..
Nice work place with really nice co-workers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester - MAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
I learned a lot, even being for a short time there.
Stayed at the front desk and also assist the students and the teachers with translating some documents ou during classes.
Good Company to work for
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILDecember 8, 2014
Excellent nothing else to say; They really take care of their employees.

I've had nothing less that a good experience working for them.
Was a good school.
Microsoft Technology Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: small classes so you can get alot of one on one withthe teacher
Could use a little more organization to keep people on track.
A great environment with humble individuals
Clerical Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: clean, friendly, humble
Cons: not enough time spent
A typical day at work would involve customer service, keeping files in order and workplace cleanliness. I learned how to work under pressure, how to create IDs and how to respond to angry and irritable customers. The management was great, I followed instructions and completed tasks throughout the day as asked. The hardest part of the job was being let go because I wanted to continue my experience and broaden my knowledge of the workplace better. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and participating in interacting with other co-workers.
Well rounded institution
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great location, nice individuals, and learning new things
Cons: not spending more time
A typical day at work would include me answering and making outgoing phone calls, directing students to proper departments throughout the campus, creating bulletin boards for campus events, keeping office order and cleanliness, and also running errands to various parts of the campus. I learned how to make picture IDs, how to remain calm when a customer or student is upset, I also learned how to use various programs on the school computer. My co-workers were easy to get along with. They were calm, welcoming and very generous. The hardest part of of the job was knowing that it was only for a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things as I went along.
Great Student interaction; Opportunity to be effective in Student Growth
Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers; very helpful; shared freely anything needed
Cons: management was too friendly with students and accountability was not effective because of this
The most enjoyable part of being an instructor at CSI was the opportunity to impact students who needed direction in life. The program and curriculum for their orientation class was appropriate and exciting to teach. The co-workers were dedicated to making sure students understood the discipline in which they were interested. The management had trouble placing students in jobs because the balance between retention and learning accountability was tilted toward retention. Too often students were unprepared to complete the program because they could not pass certification requirements. As adults there needed to be a higher bar and more benchmarks to make sure students were prepared for the workforce.
Interesting Workplace
Career Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
It was fun working here. The faculty is friendly and willing to help. There isn't much room for advancement.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 2, 2014
Good place to work, management is great. Ability to grow with the company.
Education
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: salary and students
Cons: management opportunities
I enjoy working with the students, however our managment needs to improve.
a great starting point
Student Services (Former Employee), chicago ILJanuary 30, 2014
A day at the job is making copy's and calls. Helping students when they have a problem, also taking I.D. pictures for students and staff. My co-wokers are good people to be around and I learn more and more about the school I'm attending.
Educator/Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: students, and everything i get to know about them and teach them
Cons: hours i work splits
Depending on what classes I am given for the 4 week module I teach from the time I walk in till I leave.
I am teaching ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM advanced courses. The hardest part of this is reminding my students that guidelines are the most important part of teaching and the hardest theory to get across to the students. That if you just read these guidelines your questions will be answered.
Most rewarding career I have ever had in my life. I not just an instructor I am a life coach.
Enjoyed workiing there very much
Financial Aid Specialist (FWS) (Former Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 17, 2013
Was working on a work/ study program which lasted 3 months wish it could have been longer Great people to work with

Computer Systems Institute Salaries