Computer Systems Institute

Computer Systems Institute United States Employee Reviews

Can be a stressful environment when meeting deadlines.
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee), Skokie, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Financial Aid Assistance
Cons: High employee turnaround.
Computer Systems Institute is overrated in job assistance and limited on particular courses that they provide in computer technology.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: No micromanagement
Cons: For me its the distance from Chicago to Gurnee
It's enriching to help other people lives. Do your job and they will work with you. There seems to be little room for growth being that everyone in leadership has been there for years. I love it and I hate to leave to explore other opportunities for leadership. They give you a paid off day for your birthday too.
Interractive
Campus Ambassador for International Students (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2015
My duties used to be various at the very beginning but then it slowed down. I learned mostly by myself clerk/administration stuff as customer service too working with international student everyday. My coworkers were the greatest and hardworking people I have ever met.
The best thing working here is that I learned and interact with some many cultures and people from all over the world who became my friends.
An open and honest workplace. Very encouraging.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILFebruary 22, 2015
Working with the manager of my department was the most rewarding part of my job. Outstanding leadership. It was a fun job, working in admissions, because you got the chance to change students lives..
Nice work place with really nice co-workers
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester - MAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good environment
I learned a lot, even being for a short time there.
Stayed at the front desk and also assist the students and the teachers with translating some documents ou during classes.
Good Company to work for
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILDecember 8, 2014
Excellent nothing else to say; They really take care of their employees.

I've had nothing less that a good experience working for them.
Was a good school.
Microsoft Technology Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: small classes so you can get alot of one on one withthe teacher
Could use a little more organization to keep people on track.
A great environment with humble individuals
Clerical Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: clean, friendly, humble
Cons: not enough time spent
A typical day at work would involve customer service, keeping files in order and workplace cleanliness. I learned how to work under pressure, how to create IDs and how to respond to angry and irritable customers. The management was great, I followed instructions and completed tasks throughout the day as asked. The hardest part of the job was being let go because I wanted to continue my experience and broaden my knowledge of the workplace better. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and participating in interacting with other co-workers.
Well rounded institution
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great location, nice individuals, and learning new things
Cons: not spending more time
A typical day at work would include me answering and making outgoing phone calls, directing students to proper departments throughout the campus, creating bulletin boards for campus events, keeping office order and cleanliness, and also running errands to various parts of the campus. I learned how to make picture IDs, how to remain calm when a customer or student is upset, I also learned how to use various programs on the school computer. My co-workers were easy to get along with. They were calm, welcoming and very generous. The hardest part of of the job was knowing that it was only for a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things as I went along.
Great Student interaction; Opportunity to be effective in Student Growth
Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers; very helpful; shared freely anything needed
Cons: management was too friendly with students and accountability was not effective because of this
The most enjoyable part of being an instructor at CSI was the opportunity to impact students who needed direction in life. The program and curriculum for their orientation class was appropriate and exciting to teach. The co-workers were dedicated to making sure students understood the discipline in which they were interested. The management had trouble placing students in jobs because the balance between retention and learning accountability was tilted toward retention. Too often students were unprepared to complete the program because they could not pass certification requirements. As adults there needed to be a higher bar and more benchmarks to make sure students were prepared for the workforce.
Interesting Workplace
Career Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2014
It was fun working here. The faculty is friendly and willing to help. There isn't much room for advancement.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILMarch 2, 2014
Good place to work, management is great. Ability to grow with the company.
Education
INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: salary and students
Cons: management opportunities
I enjoy working with the students, however our managment needs to improve.
a great starting point
Student Services (Former Employee), chicago ILJanuary 30, 2014
A day at the job is making copy's and calls. Helping students when they have a problem, also taking I.D. pictures for students and staff. My co-wokers are good people to be around and I learn more and more about the school I'm attending.
Educator/Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: students, and everything i get to know about them and teach them
Cons: hours i work splits
Depending on what classes I am given for the 4 week module I teach from the time I walk in till I leave.
I am teaching ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM advanced courses. The hardest part of this is reminding my students that guidelines are the most important part of teaching and the hardest theory to get across to the students. That if you just read these guidelines your questions will be answered.
Most rewarding career I have ever had in my life. I not just an instructor I am a life coach.
Enjoyed workiing there very much
Financial Aid Specialist (FWS) (Former Employee), Elgin, ILDecember 17, 2013
Was working on a work/ study program which lasted 3 months wish it could have been longer Great people to work with
Very productive work environment
Clerical Assistant/Work Study (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere, community events
Cons: short work-span, not being able to spend more time learning.
A typical day at work would include myself greeting students and helping them with their needs, keeping the office well maintained, work environment very professional, nice atmosphere. I learned how to handle demanding students, to keep a positive attitude when things go wrong, and how to operate different machines. My co-workers were really nice and they welcomed my presence and also treated me with respect. The hardest part of the job was me not being able to learn more within my time span. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around individuals who were out-going and very respectful.
a terrible place to work
Finacial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: you get a lunch
Cons: everything
This place is so unorganized. ..This place is a mom pop school ran by family. Think long and hard...
Horrible Company & School
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 21, 2013
Pros: ample parking
Cons: low pay, poor management, disorganized infrastructure at all levels
Working here was an awful experience. Management has no clue what they're doing. A lot of fictitious titles are going around too. When in all reality the core of the school relies on the admissions department.

For example, you have a campus president walking around the campus when all they do is walk around giving high fives literally. For what? I have no clue, maybe because they found out Dunkin' Donuts got a new shipment in. (Dunkin' Donuts is located conveniently across the parking lot from the Gurnee,IL campus)

They let anyone into the school felons, drug addicts, and illiterate people who don't even have the capacity to understand the coursework. The sad part is the school doesn't have the resources in order to aid individuals with their learning disabilities. Anyone can be an instructor at this school, janitors end up becoming campus presidents and students becoming principles within months. Sadly, the instructors constantly bad mouth the student body, and once informed me, "Most students here are only testing at a sixth grade level in all areas."

It's a very unfortunate situation for anyone dealing with that school,whether staff or students. The degrees they provide for the students serve no purpose, and will in the long run cost them more debt then what they'll be earning. I'm glad I put my moral conscious before the low pay they were giving me. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, RUN FAR FAR AWAY!!

As a former employee, and a local native from the targeted demographic (Waukegan, North Chicago, Libertyville, Gurnee, Zion, Mundelein, Lake Bluff, Round Lake, Lake Villa) the – more... school serviced; I feel it is my duty to make individuals in the area aware of the scam the school is running. Most importantly, I wont stop till they either change their polices or get shut down.

If you're considering working, at or attending this school ask the following questions to yourself . Do I take my career seriously? Will I want to find other opportunities after attending, or working for Computer Systems Institute? If you answered yes to these questions than I would consider looking elsewhere, because working or attending here can seriously tarnish your image. The place is a joke! – less
Nice position to work as a team with Admissions process
Admissions Administration Manager (Current Employee), Skokie, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: employee package with healthcare, 401k, profit sharing
Cons: hr, lack of communication between departments
Reporting, Monitoring lead flow, delegating projects, training others that I oversee. Work closely with key dept. to process effectively. Hardest part of the job is all the process that are put in place are short cut or ignored by few that ruins it for many. The most enjoyable part of my work is the rewards knowing what I don will change prospects futures and the accomplishments I achieve daily.

Computer Systems Institute Salaries