Computershare Employee Reviews

where world war II planes go to retire
Sr. Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 20, 2016
Unfortunately the job culture is non existent. Management will promise you a new position, task you with training the candidate who will take your old position and then lay you off. Very shady office politics and no real room for advancement.
Good Place to work --
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 1, 2017
Exciting and challenging place to work -- strongly recommend

Good job work/life balance, great 401K plan and compensation/benefits

Expanding into various markets.
Pros
flex time
Cons
changing footprint
What Can I Say ?!?!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 23, 2016
Overall a very good place to work. Long days, a lot of work, a lot to learn. However, it was a pleasant team environment where everyone was willing to help each other out, learn and grow.
Pros
Management was great always willing to help.
Cons
Long hours most of the times. 10+ hours a day, plus weekends.
Very productive atmosphere
Sr. Production Control Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 3, 2016
I have enjoyed my 17 year employment at Computershare. They have great benefits and job work/life balance which is extremely important with a family.
I recommend this place for employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 22, 2017
I'm a customer service representative for Computershare. I'm currently a temp and I was very impressed with the training program they offered us. We were given 4 weeks of classroom training and a week and 1/2 of Academy training (taking live calls with assistance). They did not just throw us out on the floor like a deer caught in headlights. You have enough time and practice to feel comfortable taking calls on your own. I knew nothing about stocks and how they worked and now have learned a great deal. There is plenty of floor support and help available from the Team Leaders/Assistants if you get stuck. The QA team offers great feedback and also points out positive aspects in your calls they listen to, instead of only telling you what you did wrong. Most of the customers I've worked with are patient and pleasant to speak with, give or take a few.
The downsides of the job is at your desk most of the day, and very strict adherence to your schedule. You can't be a minute late to work or back from lunch break or it counts against you. Is best to bring your own lunch from home as no time to go out for a bite. Also you only get one 15-min break. Also as a temporary employee during tax season, its never been clear as to how secure our position is once the season is over in April. The pay could also stand to be raised a dollar or two.
But overall I've appreciated having this job and consider it an asset to my work experience and something that will look good on a resume.
Pros
plenty of training, support, weekends off
Cons
unsure job security (as a temp), strict schedule adherence, only 1 break
I enjoyed working at Computershare very much
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 1, 2017
This was a contract assignment and I enjoyed going to Computershare very much. My co-workers were fantastic and management was great. I left there to take a more permanent position.
Pros
Great co-workers, great work environment, great management
Cons
temporary assisgnment
Great co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2016
Great place to develop customer service skills. Great co-workers and good benefits. Progressive advancement of technology. Great Holiday Parties for staff.
Always busy making time go by quickly.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 19, 2016
Always busy. Learning is continuous on a daily basis. Management is always available for needed information to help us to provide the best customer service possible. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Some of the callers are calling about a deceased family member. It is heartbreaking to hear at times. Being able to help those calling is great.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Sometime long hours.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 15, 2016
I had great responsibilities but I loved my job and enjoyed going to work everyday. My co-workers and managers were awesome. Throughout the many years I worked for this company I got to meet so many wonderful people. The company provided a safe and comfortable atmosphere.
Cons
One hour lunch, great benefits, flexible work schedule.
Very intense, yet amazing place to work!
Transaction Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 5, 2017
So far, it's been by far the best experience I've had in my professional life. I'm extremely grateful the company came to Louisville.
Pros
Management will never leave you hanging
Cons
The bathrooms could be a bit better smelling, ironic I know, but air fresheners may help.
This is the absolute Worst co. Ive ever worked for. Low low salary, micromanaged, no personality allowed. They would prefer to hire robots as opposed
Shareholder Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 22, 2016
Low pay, hold ur bladder because ur being timed. They want robots. Not people.
Keep your smiles and personality to yourself and get back on the phones.
Everyone that isn't management is just miserable. God help those poor employees.
Pros
Parking
Cons
How much time have u got?
Productive and great place to work in
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Prospect Park, NJOctober 19, 2016
Throughout my years working for Computershare we I have learned multiple applications, stocks and quality assurance. This company allowed me to work closely with Relationship Managers and at times with the client directly. In addition it has enhanced my ability to micro manage several tasks.
Pros
Enhancement
Cons
Interacting with Management
Very intense work environment
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 26, 2016
Company was purchased by Computershare, it was not the same work hard play hard company it use to be. Now it is just work hard.
They did not respect HR.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, easy till 7 or 8 pm or even later
Learning Experience
Dividend Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
I have worked in various areas within Harris Bank and Computershare for the Investment Department. Computershare took over the Investment dept from Harris Bank back in 2001.

A lot of my co-workers I have worked with for many years and we are like family. The days are busy and fulfilling, especially during our quarter months, which is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part is the people I work with daily.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
no raises
Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 8, 2016
Working hard to please my customers I work with Cash Dividends Stock Dividends Review Billing, Some Sales and Great Boss. No micro management is at my company.
Pros
Cons
The future
Nice to be able to work independently and have assistance and support from management when needed
Escrow Leader - Mortgage Insurance (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2017
Very productive and friendly environment. I love working on a computer daily and becoming more efficient with different programs while gaining knowledge regarding the mortgage industry. I also love being involved in the events committee and assisting with charity work and programs to bring the employees together.
Potential and Environmental satisfaction
Sr Transaction Processor II (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day at work brings me joy to interact with others. It motivates to enhance my skills and learn with management. I can easily get along with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of a job is learning and growing within the organization.
Specialized Loan Servicing - owned by Computershare
Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2016
SLS and Computershare might be a great place to work, but the transition is still ongoing and they have some kinks to work out. Once the dust settles and Computershare has finished fully integrating the recently acquired mortgage businesses, you should probably give them a shot.
Constructive Work Environment
Outbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
Computershare is a good company to work for if you have the patience and are willing to learn more and grow within the company. Also, everyone is friendly.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Lack Of Assistant
Nice Potentiall Company
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 1, 2017
Nice Potential Company

In my department, the leadership wasn't very clear when I worked there. No complaints about the company per say. Just at the time, there needed to be improvements to the pyramid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.

79%