Computershare Employee Reviews

productive and a good place to work
Investor Relations (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2018
it was a great place to work- great co-workers and management, the locate was good and the environemtent was great, would recommend the company as a good place to work.
Productive and Excellent
Data Transformation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2018
CPU provides a great working environment for all of its employees. Provide lots of training, salary is great, good benefits. Excellent and Professional Staff
Pros
All positive
No comment
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 14, 2018
There is nothing I have to say about Computershare, except that there were some very good, hard-working people who worked there who are no longer employed there.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
The management, coworkers were all a great bunch of people to be around, to learn and grow from. Very down to earth company, family oriented, willing
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Inefficient operation
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 12, 2018
Computershare acquired a mortgage servicing company that I worked for. Ever since the merger, there have been nothing but problems with technology, and operations is completely inefficient. Computershare had no idea what our company actually did, so when they implemented their systems and migrated our company onto their platform, everything went South. We took 10 steps backwards in efficiencies. Their I.T. department has no clue how to fix things and they are extremely slow in responding. You have to open a ticket for EVERYTHING, and you MAY or MAY NOT get a response in 3 days or more. Completely makes us look like fools to our clients! Can't wait to get out of this place!
Cons
backwards, inefficient, incompetent upper management
Terrible culture
Help Desk Technician (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Tech support was being outsourced, the whole department had a defeatist attitude. Most of the time other technicians would be looking up replacement jobs instead of working on tickets and calls.
High job turnover because not set up to succeed at goals set
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 10, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customer and learning about the stock market.

There are specific expectations for quality, productivity, and adherence that are impossible for the average person to meet. Those expectations have to be met within a specific amount of time, that you might not be informed of.

It takes a specific kind of person to succeed at this job and stay here long. That type of person should be valued and paid more than this job pays.
Pros
helping people
Cons
micromanaging, impossible expecations
Fun People and Easy Money
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 10, 2018
The work is mind numbing. Hard to find motivation besides the good salery to work there. Constatly dealing with defensive angry people because of the calling.
Pros
Nic people
Cons
boring work
eh
Nation Campaign Unit Agent/ JR Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 9, 2018
if you're a student then this would be a easy job for you. For you are looking for a stable job then this is not for you. Managers are horrible and watch you like a child. They pick on people. If you are black do not expect to advance in the company.
Only stressful if you aren't a patient person.
Proxy Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day at ComputerShare was for the most part other than being on the phone with investors pretty quiet and relaxed. I must say as a call center of course the only stressful part is calling someone who doesn't want to be bothered but it depends on the representative and how they may or may not empathize with the investor.
As far as what I've learned being an employee with them; were the different stocks. It's been a while ago so I truly don't remember them now.
Management was far from amazing. They truly cared about their employees when it came down to production and keeping them upbeat and live when callers were possibly rude or didn't want to be bothered.
I feel the hardest part of the job for me was knowing that it would end eventually. I love to make consumers/customers; people in general comfortable and happy.
My most enjoyable part of the job was being around different individuals, learning different styles and cultures.
Relocating
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 7, 2018
Company in transition. Call Center shutting down. Some opportunity in Massachusetts but not many. Morale is low and a lot of the knowledgeable people like managers and senior level with the company are laid off or have relocated.
Pros
benefits, Pay
Cons
Laid off
Company had good work life balance
Manager, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 29, 2017
Telecommuting was allowed. Vacation package was terrible. There was no opportunity for internal rotation. High turnover in mid management. Decent pay. Hiring process was highly skill based
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Distant managment
Worst Place to work
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2017
The favoritism was ridiculous. Very hostile work environment. Wish I never set foot in that place. Don't even think about going to HR for any concerns or you'll get wrote up
Benefits
Cons
Incompitent management, no raises, i could go on for days
Company lacks communication and compensation.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2017
In operations, the money just isn't there. If you are salary, expect to make less than your employees do if working the same amount of hours. The company overall needs to improve their communication. They send out monthly newsletters to everyone, but don't mention the info that they know the employees are concerned about.(i.e. wage increases)
Good money... not much more than that
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 26, 2017
Our roles is customer service representative yet, they actually don’t want us to help the customers. Everything is about money, to get them on and off the phone, to send it up to someone else to figure it out (but we rarely ever hear back) there is a lack on empathy throughout this company. The pay is nice, my coworkers were nice but the upper management, although nice are not very good at doing their jobs. The poor management really runs up to the case managers, because in the call center we do everything we are supposed to but never hear back from the case managers with information.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, nice working downtown
Cons
Getting yelled at all day for someone else not doing their job, no consistenty in what we are supposed to be telling people over the phones
Productive place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 25, 2017
Lobby clean
- Store hrs extended
- People and security well mannered
- Bathrooms are always well stocked
- Well surround by a good selection of stores.
Worst place I have ever worked
Image Center Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 22, 2017
The Department manager I was under was a total waste of a position. She had certain spies who would report to her ever little detail they did not like about certain people then she would act accordingly based on allegations without getting the full story of what actually occurred. I would never work for that manager again or the company.
great employee perks
Mail Room Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 19, 2017
It was a temporary assignment. My typical work day was to come in and get straight to work. Most likely we already knew what we be working on for the day.
Pros
Free lunches & employee discounts
Cons
short lunch breaks
Uncertain work environment
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
Corporate restructuring and related culture may devalue an employee's experiences. Coworkers are mostly collegial. However, there is condescension – management to staff – and a lack of confidence in decision making by non-management staff. Some autonomy allows for adhoc projects that might add variety to work, and make the work day more interesting. Informal environment. (Don’t expect suits.)
Pros
Mostly collegial
Cons
Condescension
Great opportunity to acquire career rather than just a job, but...
Human Resources/Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 15, 2017
If you are at a crossroads and don't know what direction you want to take your career, this is a great place to turn, as there is not one job at Computershare that is not career-oriented. However, it is a very flat organization which keeps some departments from offering advancement opportunities to a certain point.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.