Computershare Employee Reviews in United States

Productive enviroment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILNovember 23, 2015
Working with clients to get their marketing specifications into production, so that their customers can paper or estatements.

Ensure billing invoices are correct with the correct images and postage rates.

Love the people. Very friendly!!

Management is great!!
Pros
Will keep you productive
Cons
Compensation could be better and career path could be charted.
Great Company
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed this job and the people I worked for during my 8 years. The management was great to go to with any issues and we worked well together as a team..
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
merged..
Computershare Review
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2015
I logged into my computer, my phone, Projeca timesheet and the application called Contact. I answered phones and spoke with shareholders that held stock in different companies. I aided shareholders with transferring shares, selling shares over the phone or the internet, reset e-mails, security questions and passwords. I also, utilized Cosmos, DOP, and Contact webpages to provide balance statements, tax statements and company info to shareholders. The management answered my questions and clarified any misunderstandings that I had with performing my job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with shareholders who held shares in companies that went bankrupt. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping shareholders gain understanding on how to sell, transfer their shares or just provide them with general knowledge. I truly enjoyed when the shareholders said that they wanted to tell my supervisors to give me a raise and that I was thorough in helping them solve their problems.
Pros
I received a gift card for being on time and not taking any unnecessary breaks
Cons
N/A
Exciting and upbeat place to work!
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 28, 2015
During the time I worked at ComputerShare, I learned how to answer phone systems, peoplesoft software, quickbooks, and outlook.

I loved the people I worked with, it was always a fun day at work. There was rarely a dull moment. I also loved speaking with the customer's, most of them were really sweet people.

My manager was the most awesome person I have ever met. We always had fun incentives and prizes for the people who had the highest Quality Assurance Points. We also had a few potluck lunches.

My most enjoyable part of the day is knowing that on every call I followed procedure to a 'T', and always ended every call on a good note, even when the customer was frustrated.
Pros
ComputerShare Stocks after 1 year, healthcare, able to move up fast.
Cons
The telephone systems could have been upgraded.
It's an OK job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 25, 2015
It's not a hard job, but you should expect that there will be little to no turnaround time from training to implementing the new skills that you are taught from one training class to the next. Quality is inconsistent at best. Initial training seemed good at first but when you go live you realize it's not all that great. HR is awful. They really flat out refused to take time and really go over our benefits. Half of the shareholders are idiots and can't read with comprehension.
Pros
Shift, coworkers
Cons
Training, unfair expectations, HR
Learning Experience
Dividend Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
I have worked in various areas within Harris Bank and Computershare for the Investment Department. Computershare took over the Investment dept from Harris Bank back in 2001.

A lot of my co-workers I have worked with for many years and we are like family. The days are busy and fulfilling, especially during our quarter months, which is the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part is the people I work with daily.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
no raises
Always busy making time go by quickly.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 19, 2016
Always busy. Learning is continuous on a daily basis. Management is always available for needed information to help us to provide the best customer service possible. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Some of the callers are calling about a deceased family member. It is heartbreaking to hear at times. Being able to help those calling is great.
Pros
Benefits are great.
Cons
Sometime long hours.
The people that I worked with and for made each day a good one
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. We have gotten to know each other that they became a second family to me. They were easy to work for and allowed me the flexibility if I needed to attend to the needs of my children.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Due to company reorganization and change of business plans, job stability is a factor.
Nothing to write home about
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 1, 2016
The people are cold and unfriendly. The "managers" are arrogant, condescending, unapproachable. I certainly wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Very unfriendly place to work. Managers are rude.
modern Slavery
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAMay 5, 2016
Computershare hire you as an exempt employee and expect you to work over 40 hours per week and weekends. The workload is so heavy that you get worn out after a day working
Pros
Cons
no breaks, overloaded, lack of support, a lot of red tapes, antique systems
Great place to start, not a great place to grow
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaDecember 12, 2014
If you're seeking a fairly secure, stable job - not career, this is it for you. If you are looking to gain skills and be challenged on a regular basis, this isn't it. There are huge limitations to moving up within the company, the company generally prefers to hire externally rather than internal. Most people have been with the company for a significant number of years, if you've been here less than 10 years, you're considered a newbie and the company has no problem with you quitting even if you've been there more than a decade. They claim to be a multinational company but there are no opportunities to work with or at different offices globally. When you try to look for another job most people have found that the experience gained at this company is of no use to any other company.
Pros
really flexible in terms of work/life balance
Cons
no opportunity to grow, low pay (and getting lower for new hires), no challenge, hr does not help when it comes to looking for new opportunities, no communication among employees or management, no proper year end reviews, managers only care about their numbers not about employee, have to fundraise for our own christmas party if we want to have one.
Busy tax season
Investment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2016
Nice place to work, very busy during the tax season, but I like being busy, helping the customers was sometimes challenging.
Pros
4 days on 3 days off
Cons
Company is moving out of state.
Funwork place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  SFMarch 21, 2016
It was a good place to work. I enjoyed the employees. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the work load. It was a good balance between work and leisure. It was a fun place.
call center
Investor Telephone Rep (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 12, 2015
This is a huge call center, thorough training available, however only one monitor provided as oppose to two. Alot of cross referencing and navigating through company software and other programs required to use during the duration of calls from clients. limited public transportation available on strict schedule.. Nice cafeteria
Pros
nice cafeteria and safe protocals taken upon bulding entrance
Cons
;imited transportation and office material provided
Computershare is prominent corporation within the finacial community.
Dividend Transaction Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
I have gained additional skills related to dividends working at Computershare over the pass view years. My balancing and excel skills are a definite neccessity working in this environment.
Pros
Developing relationships internal and external partners sharing knowledge.
Cons
Work volume is not consistant.
Excellent work enviroment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 27, 2015
Before this company went public,we were one big happy.

The CEO was a very caring gentle man, who knew all of his employees by name, and remembered their birthdays, anniversaries, and also names of their spouses and children...
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No future in this company after you turn 60 years old.
Only the fast & hard working need apply
Associate (Former Employee) –  CantonNovember 23, 2012
Not a bad company to work. Very fast paced environment and you had better learn quick or you'll be out the door in no time. Ate lunch at desk because the cafeteria was too noisy. They are meticulous in training you no matter where you are. It was difficult to balance work and life because of the extremely fast pace and the neccessity of the work involved. The salary could be more competitive and the benefits were just ok. They ask for your opinions and then penalize you for having one. Especially if the company didn't agree with you. An army of robots. Individual thinkers, do not apply.
Pros
free parking
Cons
work/life balance is next to impossible
Great environment
Research Analyst/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2015
I loved working here. The environment was very professional, the bosses were very organized, provided a specific and attainable objective and maintained a healthy rapport with the employees
Avoid this MickeyMouse Outfit
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 27, 2013
Benefits are very expensive and limited in scope. Management is petty and incompetent. Non-management staff is treated like dirt and are reminded everyday how non-essential and unimportant they are to the company. Pay is well below industry average and no viable opportunity for advancement, if any one is crazy enough to want to work there for any extended period of time.
Pros
only the personal satisfaction of quitting.
Cons
cheap, petty, hypocritical.
Started my career here
Information Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2015
Started my career here. Management yells and curses at employees.They have very short tempers and don't know how to respect the staff.
Cons
management yells and curses at employees