Compuware Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great building, great people, awesome meal plans
Facilities / Corporate and Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2016
Allot of employee events to get people together. Direct management was awesome and really looked out for us. Almost everyone got along with each regardless of what team you were on.
Pros
Downtown and close to allot of sporting events
Cons
Executive management talked about open door policy but you rarely seen anything of the sorts, especially during lean business times.
corporate setting
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Worked 10 years and got laid off. hard to give a glowing review. Corporate atmosphere. felt like a number than a person after the original company was purchased,
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
commute, management
Not recommended
Information Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 20, 2015
While at Compuware (now DynaTrace) I had the pleasure to work with many outstanding people with great talent. It is what I miss most.

Technical Communications at the company was ill-regarded. There was no budget to purchase upgrades for our software and our hardware was so old it was difficult for IS to maintain. There were no opportunities to learn new skills or applications, no ability to take courses to develop new skills that would be beneficial to the company. Additionally, we often relied on freeware since we had no budget.

Our manager was a very self-involved man who didn't have respect for women. Women were not encouraged to share ideas or offer suggestions, instead, for years, only ideas shared by our male counterparts were considered. It was a hostile environment.

Because the company changed directions as quickly as Michigan's weather, there were continuous layoffs, requiring those of us left to take on more and more work. These efforts, nor the OT required to keep up with the workload, were never recognized by my manager.

In regards to the continuous layoffs, in some cases it seemed that people were laid off because the project they were assigned to was no longer considered important. There seemed to be no consideration of a person's skills or performance. This led to the company backtracking and trying to rehire people they had previously laid off.

Finally, instead of responding to customer requests for new or improved functionality in the applications, upper management directed development to waste their time and efforts continuously changing product
  more... names. When customers complained about the lack of new or improved features, upper management would then blame product management and development.

If there was ever a model dysfunctional company, Compuware/DynaTrace is it....
Pros
Awesome co-workers, interesting work, great benefits
Cons
Company instability, ineffectual and misogynistic management, no employee growth, non-supportive atmosphere
Professional Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 16, 2015
Compuware empowers the world’s largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe intellectual property.
Company loyality
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2015
I worked there for 11 years. I met many people who where very intelligent and personable and believe that team work was very important. I looked forward to most days going to work.
Pros
Nice Building, Excellent co-workers, Excellent equipment to work with
Cons
Management from the top only
Great place to work with great people
Software Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 8, 2015
Compuware was a great place to work with great people and management. It provided a well balanced work/life. The people were friendly, accommodating and willing to help if need be.
Project Manager for Training Program
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2015
This was an organization that considered the individual needs of organizations with which it contracted. Projects were focused directly at specific needs that the organization had. This approach was a cost-effective alternative to hiring employees to complete what may be a short-term initiative.
Pros
Cost-effective projects
Cons
Loss of talent at the end of each project.
Contracting Company
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Leaned scripting and worked with co-workers in remote sites. The contracts were for many excellent companies. The representatives were very interested in my professional growth and development.

Learned the products of CA and learned them so that this knowledge could be passed on to clients buying these products. My co-workers were supportive along with Management.
Big software company turned small
Information Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work before corporate down sizing occurred. Now not so much. That is all I have to say. Twenty words must be used up by now.
Awesome place to work
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 9, 2015
I began Compuware in Farmington Hills before they moved to Detroit. We were able to go down to Detroit as a group to see the progress of the new building. Once we were in the new building, we had restaurants and other local companies coming in to provide us/sample free food. It was amazing. There were always events going on in the building. The work atmosphere was fun, and motivating. The only downfall was when the layoffs began and the stock declined.
Benefits
Cons
Turn around
Senior Professional Staff (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2015
Compuware was good company to work with and they use to really take care of their employees well.Their monthly bonus part for full attendence was good.
I very much enjoyed working with the executives. I was quite interesting
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit MIJune 18, 2015
Checking email, scheduling meetings, catering, etc.

I learned how Compuware was run. Being a publicly owned company there was much to learn about earning calls, IPOs, etc.

The hardest part was the phone lines, we had 15 executives and we were responsible that they were answered by the third ring and screened properly.

The most enjoyable part was I was allowed to think outside the box for problem solving and doing research for special projects.
Pros
Working with the execs
Cons
Sometimes there was alot of pressure.
wonderful company to work for
QA Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 9, 2015
typical day at work was testing software changes and writing programs to extract data used in the testing.

learned how independent testing of software uncovered many more flaws in the software.

management was excellent to work with. I still stay in touch with my former manager.

Co-workers were great to work with. we worked as a team.

There was no hard part of the job here.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team.
Pros
Very pleasant work environment.
Cons
Pay could've been a little better.
Stable, yet Innovative
Delivery Consultant, Lead Trainer (ITSM) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 14, 2015
Compuware, what can I say? I had a great experience with this company, and appreciated the many roles I was able fulfill. Compuware offered me with many opportunities, both to initial get into the IT industry, learn new skills, and move to new positions. If you are in the IT industry, or would like to be, look at Compuware as a great employer.
Productive fun place to work
QA Lead at BCBSA, COD, BCBSM, Ally (Current Employee) –  DetroitMay 6, 2015
Employee friendly
flexible hours
helping co-workers
communication with china team is hard
The building s n downtown detroit
Pros
friendly
Cons
unstable
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 23, 2015
Compuware Corporation is a great place to work. They take pride in their services and employees are treated as an owner of the company. A typical day at work allows you to work independently while still being part of a team. I learned to be more self sufficient. Management is willing to work with you on challenging issues that can arrise. Your co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with disgrutled clients but the the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with those clients to come to professional agreements to resolve their issues.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
I enjoyed many good years
Project Manager - Release Management Team Leader (Former Employee) –  detroitMarch 18, 2015
The old management and co-workers were fun and engaging. The work/ life balance was a big bonus when starting a new family.
Pros
onsite amenitites
Cons
lack of career path
Contentious culture
Application Performance (Former Employee) –  TravelMarch 15, 2015
No one lasts, run by a pony-tailed tyrant. My way or the highway. Customers caught in the middle. Sales people were afraid every day and unsure of their jobs.
Pros
benefots
Cons
work culture
Relaxed
Technical Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2015
Work 8.5 hours and get 1 hour lunch. Take email cases and phone calls throughout the day.
I learned the use of several different webtools and network tools.
Our management changed hands several times while employed.
Co-workers were very helpful to each other and supportive. In this type of job employees use this position as a stepping stone to further their careers.
Hardest part of the job was when our team was short handed
Flexible with hours and work from home. The culture and working with other countries creates better knowledge of the company.

I would recommend this company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
salary
Great Place to Work
Software Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A great place place to work and above average benefits.
The management here really cares about their workers and have your back.