Compuware Corporation Employee Reviews

It had its ups and downs.
Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 17, 2017
Working for Compuware had its ups and downs from 1999-2008 the company went through lots of turmoil during that time. In the beginning I worked with a internal group and that was grate. later I did lots of off site projects witch left me disconnected and unsupported.
Pros
Got to see a lot of different projects
Cons
Was disconnected from corporate.
Senior Programmer Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2017
Compuware was a good company to work for. Management team was decent and wages were decent. There could have been more opportunity for growth on their consultant side of the business.
Corporate Consulting
Application Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 7, 2017
Compuware was a corporate consulting company that had salaried employees as consultants and/or contractors. It was spun off during an acquisition and is now Lockbridge. The company requires a steady stream of contracts in order to keep their employees on staff.
Pros
A nice mix of clients to work with.
Cons
Minimal job security
Not team oriented
Quality Assurance Analyst II (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 3, 2017
Provided training as needed but did not feel secure in daily responsibilities. Seemed like there was a lot of political issues going on in the background.
a great place to work.
V.P. Global Technology Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 18, 2017
Great technology and wonderful staff. People and productivity oriented. A place where employees have an important voice. Assisting world-wide customers and your fellow staffers creates great satisfactions.
Pros
Learning; great facilities
Cons
to/from traffic
Office was very well designed, comfortable.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2017
Salary was excellent, team members were cordial and expert in the technical requirements for the Compuware product we supported and developed. Layoffs were a surprise, as salary reductions had been reversed.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Location required renting a room in the Detroit area
Good Company with Good leadership.
Client -Server Lotus Notes Administration (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Great leadership. Pleasant people to work with. Great opportunity to learn new jobs. Assignments were diversified and interesting. Good people to work with with nice environment.
Pros
Good Leadership.
Cons
Over bidding on jobs.
Nice work environment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2017
If you are a consultant they offer benefits and have a good support group. Management was ok. Support staff was excellent.
Human resources intern
Company Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2017
It was nice working there, I answered phone calls, filed letters and papers, print and organized everything and also did task that the boss wanted me to do.
Not great
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2016
Crowded noisy open office setup. Loads of meetings. Loads of filling out reports on what you're doing. If that all sounds like kindergarten, notice that the desks are quite small and some Fridays there's a company-wide pep rally. Raises and promotions are sparse. Hours are not really flexible in reality because of the meeting schedule. Neither on the west coast nor the east coast could they hold onto competent technical staff in a setup like this, but since Detroit is not exactly Silicon Valley, they manage to keep people who feel stuck in the area and see few alternative options in the region. If you don't live in the Detroit area already, do not even consider relocating to accept a job at this place.
Pros
Location is the only real asset I see, unless you count the parking garage.
Cons
meetings, paperwork, noisy, crowded, more meetings, forget raises or promotions, and the list goes on.
Typical staffing position.
Development Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIApril 6, 2016
Was farmed out to the State of Michigan for a big software contract. Working conditions varied depending upon who the prime contractor was at the time.
Great building, great people, awesome meal plans
Facilities / Corporate and Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 22, 2016
Allot of employee events to get people together. Direct management was awesome and really looked out for us. Almost everyone got along with each regardless of what team you were on.
Pros
Downtown and close to allot of sporting events
Cons
Executive management talked about open door policy but you rarely seen anything of the sorts, especially during lean business times.
corporate setting
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Worked 10 years and got laid off. hard to give a glowing review. Corporate atmosphere. felt like a number than a person after the original company was purchased,
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
commute, management
Not recommended
Information Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 20, 2015
While at Compuware (now DynaTrace) I had the pleasure to work with many outstanding people with great talent. It is what I miss most.

Technical Communications at the company was ill-regarded. There was no budget to purchase upgrades for our software and our hardware was so old it was difficult for IS to maintain. There were no opportunities to learn new skills or applications, no ability to take courses to develop new skills that would be beneficial to the company. Additionally, we often relied on freeware since we had no budget.

Our manager was a very self-involved man who didn't have respect for women. Women were not encouraged to share ideas or offer suggestions, instead, for years, only ideas shared by our male counterparts were considered. It was a hostile environment.

Because the company changed directions as quickly as Michigan's weather, there were continuous layoffs, requiring those of us left to take on more and more work. These efforts, nor the OT required to keep up with the workload, were never recognized by my manager.

In regards to the continuous layoffs, in some cases it seemed that people were laid off because the project they were assigned to was no longer considered important. There seemed to be no consideration of a person's skills or performance. This led to the company backtracking and trying to rehire people they had previously laid off.

Finally, instead of responding to customer requests for new or improved functionality in the applications, upper management directed development to waste their time and efforts continuously changing product
  more... names. When customers complained about the lack of new or improved features, upper management would then blame product management and development.

If there was ever a model dysfunctional company, Compuware/DynaTrace is it....
Pros
Awesome co-workers, interesting work, great benefits
Cons
Company instability, ineffectual and misogynistic management, no employee growth, non-supportive atmosphere
Professional Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 16, 2015
Compuware empowers the world’s largest companies to excel in the digital economy by fully leveraging their high-value mainframe intellectual property.
Company loyality
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 19, 2015
I worked there for 11 years. I met many people who where very intelligent and personable and believe that team work was very important. I looked forward to most days going to work.
Pros
Nice Building, Excellent co-workers, Excellent equipment to work with
Cons
Management from the top only
Great place to work with great people
Software Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 8, 2015
Compuware was a great place to work with great people and management. It provided a well balanced work/life. The people were friendly, accommodating and willing to help if need be.
Project Manager for Training Program
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2015
This was an organization that considered the individual needs of organizations with which it contracted. Projects were focused directly at specific needs that the organization had. This approach was a cost-effective alternative to hiring employees to complete what may be a short-term initiative.
Pros
Cost-effective projects
Cons
Loss of talent at the end of each project.
Contracting Company
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Leaned scripting and worked with co-workers in remote sites. The contracts were for many excellent companies. The representatives were very interested in my professional growth and development.

Learned the products of CA and learned them so that this knowledge could be passed on to clients buying these products. My co-workers were supportive along with Management.
Big software company turned small
Information Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work before corporate down sizing occurred. Now not so much. That is all I have to say. Twenty words must be used up by now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compuware Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.