Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation Employee Reviews

I very much enjoyed working with the executives. I was quite interesting
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: Working with the execs
Cons: Sometimes there was alot of pressure.
Checking email, scheduling meetings, catering, etc.

I learned how Compuware was run. Being a publicly owned company there was much to learn about earning calls, IPOs, etc.

The hardest part was the phone lines, we had 15 executives and we were responsible that they were answered by the third ring and screened properly.

The most enjoyable part was I was allowed to think outside the box for problem solving and doing research for special projects.
wonderful company to work for
QA Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee), Madison, WIJune 9, 2015
Pros: Very pleasant work environment.
Cons: Pay could've been a little better.
typical day at work was testing software changes and writing programs to extract data used in the testing.

learned how independent testing of software uncovered many more flaws in the software.

management was excellent to work with. I still stay in touch with my former manager.

Co-workers were great to work with. we worked as a team.

There was no hard part of the job here.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the team.
Stable, yet Innovative
Delivery Consultant, Lead Trainer (ITSM) (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 14, 2015
Compuware, what can I say? I had a great experience with this company, and appreciated the many roles I was able fulfill. Compuware offered me with many opportunities, both to initial get into the IT industry, learn new skills, and move to new positions. If you are in the IT industry, or would like to be, look at Compuware as a great employer.
Productive fun place to work
QA Lead at BCBSA, COD, BCBSM, Ally (Current Employee), DetroitMay 6, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: unstable
Employee friendly
flexible hours
helping co-workers
communication with china team is hard
The building s n downtown detroit
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 23, 2015
Pros: Learning experiences
Cons: None
Compuware Corporation is a great place to work. They take pride in their services and employees are treated as an owner of the company. A typical day at work allows you to work independently while still being part of a team. I learned to be more self sufficient. Management is willing to work with you on challenging issues that can arrise. Your co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with disgrutled clients but the the most enjoyable part of the job was to work with those clients to come to professional agreements to resolve their issues.
I enjoyed many good years
Project Manager - Release Management Team Leader (Former Employee), detroitMarch 18, 2015
Pros: onsite amenitites
Cons: lack of career path
The old management and co-workers were fun and engaging. The work/ life balance was a big bonus when starting a new family.
Contentious culture
Application Performance (Former Employee), TravelMarch 15, 2015
Pros: benefots
Cons: work culture
No one lasts, run by a pony-tailed tyrant. My way or the highway. Customers caught in the middle. Sales people were afraid every day and unsure of their jobs.
Relaxed
Technical Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: salary
Work 8.5 hours and get 1 hour lunch. Take email cases and phone calls throughout the day.
I learned the use of several different webtools and network tools.
Our management changed hands several times while employed.
Co-workers were very helpful to each other and supportive. In this type of job employees use this position as a stepping stone to further their careers.
Hardest part of the job was when our team was short handed
Flexible with hours and work from home. The culture and working with other countries creates better knowledge of the company.

I would recommend this company.
Great Place to Work
Software Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 28, 2015
A great place place to work and above average benefits.
The management here really cares about their workers and have your back.
Has been a good stable place to work until it was sold to an equity firm
Senior UI/UX Designer/Technical Planner (Former Employee), Detroit, MiJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: nice building
Cons: quite a far ride from my house
Many good opportunities and people who worked there. Learned a lot and grew tremendously in my expertese
Software Development Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit MichiganJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: team was very cohesive and worked well together
Cons: no professional development programs available
20 years experience in various capacities. Most recently worked as a Quality Assurance Automation Test Engineer; also worked as a Product Support Specialist and performed Team Lead duties such as interview, write performance appraisals, create training manuals, mentoring etc. Also worked in the field for 4 year as a software developer in the Automotive, Finance Railroads, and BCBSM. Was the Innovation Project Manager for 1 year while still performing my duties as a QA Analyst which saved the company 1.2 million dollars and 250,00 per quarter from March 2011 to March 2012. President and co-founder of Compuware's first Employee Resource Group (ERGs): wrote by-laws and managed budget for each year's events; sat on panel for C-Level management as a proxy; assisted other companies with creating their Employee Resource Groups such as BCBSM, GM and Trinity Health; responsible for demonstration to upper management regarding which automation tool to purchase.

As a QA Analyst responsible for creating test cases (manual and automated); automation done using TestComplete and reports generated on Selenium platform, test plans, test result summaries, weekly status, worked under AGILE and Waterfall methodologies; bug tracking using JIRA, Bugzilla and problem tracking (home-grown tool); performed all duties as it relates to QA role.

As a Product Support Specialist responsible for Critical accounts, maintaining SLA agreements, created training manuals, mentor new employees, wrote performance appraisals among other duties

As a Systems Analyst developed application software in the Automotive, Finance, Railroad and BCBSM using DB2, CICS, TSO, IMS (DB), JCL, ISPF, C, Visual Basic, UNIX/LINUX and Redhat just to name a few
Paid well, my life was my work
Post Sales (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: paid well, good bonus's
Cons: no home life
Worked hard, Paid well. No company spirit at all. You felt like you never worked for a company. Lived on the road
Great place to work!
Account Manager/Senior Recruiter (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Strong management and great carer growth !! Compuware not only has software they offer their clients. They offer great services as well.
It is a great company to work for
Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), DetroitNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good stable organization
It was a great organization with good management and vision. Enjoyed working with various clients in various roles.
Too many managers, too few developers
Software Developer (Former Employee), DetroitOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: confused and in adept management
Great location in the middle of Detroit, downtown.
Too many managers who manage too few developer resources.

Office life is mixed. Sometimes its slow, sometimes extremely busy. But flexible working hours.
N/A
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 14, 2014
Great Atmosphere .. I learned alot ..
I was able to learn Java ; HTML
My coworkers are very encouraging and very smart ..
The people were great to work with
Department Specialist II (Current Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 6, 2014
I've learned a lot here. This is a large company, making a lot of changes, like most. The one thing that I like about this job is I was allowed to access my position and make /changes/suggestions on better ways to save time, and train the employees on more accurate ways to use there time while doing expenses. The most enjoyable part of this job was working independently and the hardest part will be leaving my co-workers who have become family to me. But some time you outgrow things, and the time has come.
Little direction.
Senior Account Manager/Branch Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, Lansing MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great pay plan
Cons: to much travel
Managed over thirty developers, managed five major accounts great pay plan. Depended on the big three auto makers and revenues fell fast and quota's came up.
Pretty On the Surface...
Contract Administrator/ Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2014
Pros: great amenities in hq
Cons: poor career development/advancement opportunities
A beautiful building in a great downtown location but the company was headed in the wrong direction...why: poor management. I was not at all surprised when it was sold to a private equity firm...I feel bad for the firm that bought it...too little too late...

The culture however was fabulous...great amenities in building!
Great place to work for
QA Analyst II (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 7, 2014
Typical work day involves dealing with co-workers from other countries.

1 2 3 4

About Compuware Corporation

Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology – Read more

Compuware Corporation Salaries