COMSYS Employee Reviews

Stressful
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
I had a very stressful client assignment. Client asked for extremely long work hours but did not want me to bill. They basically told me to lie on my billing sheet. When told my direct manager at Comsys received no backup.
was very happy
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2017
managers were never around to interfere with your wok with the customer. very quick to turn around a counter offer from another company. great get togethers and holiday parties . introduced to other members of Comsys at the get togethers. managers would step up and introduce people. learned other resources this way.
Pros
occasional free lunch, gave away a 60s vintage mustang at holiday party. short reports required for weekly report
Cons
put all their pennies in one basket, of when one contract dropped, so did the company
ExxonMobil
Server Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Several project meetings daily. Remoting servers in the data center and building 2003 servers according to project demands. I learned about Dell DRAC cards, SQL server clustering, Symantec backup configurations, and Remedy ticketing system.
Management was divided between too many IT groups which caused changes to happen at an incredibly slow pace. Hardest part of the job was working downtown, getting there, parking, and safety issues walking downtown. I enjoyed good benefits and great pay at ExxonMobil
Pros
Good pay rate, regular pay raises, annual contract renewed 2 times
Cons
Too many hands to build 1 server, too much segmentation of areas of responsiblity.
fun and productive place to work at all times
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Grove, MDJuly 19, 2017
A typical work day at COMSYS was coming to work and have a short meeting with the supervisor and what to expect. Planning was key because customers expectation was key to keeping the company. I learned from the COMSYS to work independently and always work to your level best. The workplace culture was very excellent and from time to time they ordered food so that we can concentrate on the daily tasks especially proposals. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing extracurricular activities like sports.
Pros
free lunches and able to work flex schedule
Cons
Not enough opportunity to advance career
Excellant Employer
Consultant Systems/Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2017
Very helpful environment and stress free environment. Management was very helpful in all aspects of the job.It was a pleasure to work for this employer.
Consultant
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 24, 2017
This was my first and only consultant job so I don't have much to compare them to. Overall I didn't have any issues with getting hired on, paid, and hired on full-time with the client after my initial 6 months.
Productive fun working environment
Lead QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
There is a laid back environment so work life balance is good. There is a lot of change in management if something goes wrong and it seems like direction changes constantly.
Tough job with corporate office not local,
Branch Office Administrator/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256February 22, 2017
Hard to review, because before it was COMSYS it was two other companies that were great to work with. Workplace culture was good until Comsys took over managing from Texas. Worked with great people locally and learned a lot about the staffing industry,
Bait and switch
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2017
I accepted the job at one rate and part way through the contract, I was told "sorry, now your pay rate will be X". When I called the recruiter out on it, they pointed fingers at the Employer saying their rate had been reduced, therefore, what I was promised had to be reduced. In my opinion, that is a deal breaker. We had a contract and they breached it.
Pros
The opportunity to work for a fortune 100 company
Cons
Breach of contract
Great Place to Work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2017
Was a great job working for a Service Provider. I never could grasp VRF routing with the different Customers.

Monitoring trouble tickets from the different customers.
Pros
Learn many different technologies
Cons
Leaning curve was short.
Systemsplus
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed SystemsPlus, working at the department of labor, washington dc. I was in Charge of multiple IT departments. over 80 plus employees on a daily basis.
Very Busy
Service Delivery Support-Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2016
Working for Comsys help me build my customer service skills because the nature of the job allowed me to talk to different culture daily.
Pros
Buid Customer Servcei Skills
Cons
To Busy
Y2K future date tester
Software Test Engineer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 30, 2015
Tester for Y2K future date and compliance for Number Resource Management and number planning assignment system and regression tester for number resource management GUI. Staff Lead/liaison responsible for 40 other contractors.
Pros
Working with my colleagues and the wonderful meal they provided at all times of the day and night
Cons
when the test failed
Vice President Sales & Operations, Western Region (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
Good place to work. I had opportunity to work on M/A. Great experience in integrating acquisitions. Flexible culture. Wide bandwidth.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Acquisition activity out paced infrastructure at times.
very nice people and cool place to work
Consultant/Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
this was a very good place to work i had an issue with job placement after the contract was not renewed but they worked countless hours trying to help get me suited.
Reliable contract company
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The company and employees are dedicated. They assisted very well with my job hunting and stood firmly behind me and my skills when negotiating with the contract companies. Found a very good place to work and I felt very comfortable there.
Pros
Considerate and dedicated people
Cons
Not a permanent position
Comsys
Team Member Portal (TMP) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
Contract to hire company. Do not know much about the company. Would use them if I needed to find work. No real opinion about them.
Tier 1 Service Desk Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
Fast-pace work environment. Very challenging dealing with multiple individuals from around the world with various levels of computer comprehension. Very nice work environment
First job as a concept artist
Concept Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo,CAFebruary 17, 2015
It was a decent job. I provided what the company needed. I would work for them again if they needed me.

Sent in drafts, alpha/beta samples, and finished products. Worked remotely and sent in time sheets and products by email.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
It was only temporary
Daily tasks
Supervisor, Desktop/Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Hartford,CTDecember 28, 2014
General Helpdesk issues where we addressed our clients IT issues. Issues such as desktop service and repair, phone usage, network connectivity from a level 1 perspective. Assisted other IT group initiatives including system wide upgrades.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
Challenges