COMSYS Employee Reviews

Very Busy
Service Delivery Support-Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2016
Working for Comsys help me build my customer service skills because the nature of the job allowed me to talk to different culture daily.
Pros
Buid Customer Servcei Skills
Cons
To Busy
Y2K future date tester
Software Test Engineer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 30, 2015
Tester for Y2K future date and compliance for Number Resource Management and number planning assignment system and regression tester for number resource management GUI. Staff Lead/liaison responsible for 40 other contractors.
Pros
Working with my colleagues and the wonderful meal they provided at all times of the day and night
Cons
when the test failed
Vice President Sales & Operations, Western Region (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 27, 2015
Good place to work. I had opportunity to work on M/A. Great experience in integrating acquisitions. Flexible culture. Wide bandwidth.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Acquisition activity out paced infrastructure at times.
very nice people and cool place to work
Consultant/Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2015
this was a very good place to work i had an issue with job placement after the contract was not renewed but they worked countless hours trying to help get me suited.
Reliable contract company
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The company and employees are dedicated. They assisted very well with my job hunting and stood firmly behind me and my skills when negotiating with the contract companies. Found a very good place to work and I felt very comfortable there.
Pros
Considerate and dedicated people
Cons
Not a permanent position
Comsys
Team Member Portal (TMP) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
Contract to hire company. Do not know much about the company. Would use them if I needed to find work. No real opinion about them.
Tier 1 Service Desk Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
Fast-pace work environment. Very challenging dealing with multiple individuals from around the world with various levels of computer comprehension. Very nice work environment
First job as a concept artist
Concept Artist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Camarillo,CAFebruary 17, 2015
It was a decent job. I provided what the company needed. I would work for them again if they needed me.

Sent in drafts, alpha/beta samples, and finished products. Worked remotely and sent in time sheets and products by email.
Pros
good pay
Cons
it was only temporary
Daily tasks
Supervisor, Desktop/Helpdesk Support (Former Employee) –  Hartford,CTDecember 28, 2014
General Helpdesk issues where we addressed our clients IT issues. Issues such as desktop service and repair, phone usage, network connectivity from a level 1 perspective. Assisted other IT group initiatives including system wide upgrades.
Pros
challenges
Cons
challenges
Great Compay
Oracle DBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga.November 4, 2014
I worked as and Oracle developer to Bell South thru them. Never had any problems working for this company.
Typical consulting position with limited work-life balance.
SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2014
This is a typical consulting job. Good compensation. Management was good except for finding follow-on engagements. This is why I left the company. I was told I was hired to execute tasks at several clients but the company was unable to find me another engagement after the first one ended.

After several consulting jobs, the most difficult task is often getting authorization to the items I need (building access, computer equipment) and still having time to accomplish the contracted task within the agreed-upon time constraints.
Pros
good compensation, good atmosphere
Cons
long distance from home for extended periods
Every day was different
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Learned a bunch of different skill sets at Comsys, really enjoyed working with the company.
Comsys is a staffing agency
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Comsys is a staffing agency. It depends where you are placed.
Pros
comsys is a staffing agency
Cons
comsys is a staffing agency
Sucked
Placement Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 11, 2014
Good thing COMSYS is gone sort of. It sucked. Being a recrutiter in a recession is tough, and the management didnt make it any easier.
Senior Storage Data Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 6, 2014
Good place to work as a consultant in information technology.
Project Manager Consultant
Senior Project Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2013
Brought in to client to deliver projects with aggresive timelines.
Great place to learn
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 7, 2013
The best part of the job was every day you did something different. You were always learning and gaining valuable knowledge. I do not agree with the direction where the company was going and how they presented it.
Pros
learning, fast pace, freedom to do things your way
Cons
on call 24x7x365 with no job growth
Recruiter/ Researcher/ Admin.
Recruiter, Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2013
Administrative duties, researched and recruited qualified individuals for available positions for Clients.
Working at COMSYS
Director, Practice Operations (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 15, 2013
I was involved in a number of things while at COMSYS. I learned to develop methodologies, technical writing skills, process development/re-engineering, project management, program development and many other skills. I was close with all of the upper management in the COMSYS Project division. Iwas called on to take on projects where I worked independently and report results to executive management. My co-workers were some of the best people I've worked with, staying close friends. The hardest part of the job was terminating someone. I never got used to that. The most enjoyable part of my job was working on the project to find an offshore site for application development in India. I was fortunate to visit India five times providing me the understanding of how international business works.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
the break-up of the projects division
Really Easy to Work With
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 26, 2013
This was a contract to hire position. It was very seamless to start work from them with a client.