Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform Shipping and Receiving Duties
- Responsible for packing, wrapping, crating and boxing materials to be shipped.
- Will establish new and reinforce existing procedures for items being shipped
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing existing procedures for items being shipped. Prepare and maintain shipping records and prepares bills of lading. Post weight and shipping charges as required.
- Provide timely shipping, receiving and inventory reports to internal personnel.
- Provide accurate and detailed counts of CMDC inventory.
- Input and monitor data within the operational database systems.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks, be familiar with and be able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information.
- Must be able to fill out bills of laden and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper packaging methods and able to interpret visual aids used to convey specific packaging requirements.
Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Experience with UPS/FedEx/DHL online software is desirable
Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Organized with outstanding time, project, and people management skills
- Good verbal and presentation skills with 2-3 years of previous materials handling/shipping and receiving experience
- Must be a US citizen and be able to qualify for security clearance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume. No calls, please.