Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Employee Reviews

Great Work Opportunity poor job security
Military Science Instructor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2016
Management is timely with responses, work schedule and compensation do not balance out. Was hired and relocated for employment to have contract cut 5 months later. No relocation expenses were given to relocate. Great opportunity to work with and train cadets!
good place to work
RF Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 24, 2016
• Serviced customer’s RF amplifiers use on military communication application by tuning networks required for rudimentary analysis and limited factors.
• Work on electrical components quality issues including digital, analog and energy systems improved efficiency results by 2% maintained lifecycle development.
• Supported system team on manufacturing failures to maintain schedules.
• Calibration and charted data acquisition profiling amplifier’s RL, IL, phase, frequency, input/output power, and compression across frequency band with Network Analyzer.
Pros
Work related to field
Amazing place to work
Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2016
Loved working at Comtech Telecommunications, great culture, compensation, and truly care about employees. The business is doing well due to great product, service, and dedicated employees.
I loved working here, the people were fun, helpful and informative.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had in my life. Everyone I dealt with was always willing to answer my questions and assist me any time I needed help. They were always understanding, fun to work with and appreciated my effort to organize the billing invoices.
Pros
Always helpful, understanding and fun to work with.
Cons
There were no cons to this job.
Amazing
OCONUS SOCCENT SNAP Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  BagrāmDecember 10, 2016
As an overseas contractor they treated you fairly and compensated you well. Even with the distance they were able to contact you and inform you of everything going on. They really took care of their employees
Not a Stable Employment Company
Test and Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at work was typically characterized by simultaneous, demanding work item requests and schedule with not time for training.Most of the work items were not made easier by the proper resources of technicians and test equipment

I learned an quite about about their SSD product line and the use of tools to characterize them.

Most of te co-workers were good but there was a sense of technical snobbery.

The hardest part of the job was having enough time and resources to do all the work items and with avoiding dumb mistakes caused by demands of others and schedule.

The management - they managed and control by fear and there was no job stability for the long term. There were penny raises or none.
There was not performance review the last year and I was not notified of this. There was not any bonus plans. Management squander hundreds of thousands of dollars on the wrong equipment and the wrong choices for product development.
Pros
Free coffee Juice
Cons
Incredible pressure, Management by fear (job loss by what ever method)
Telecommunication
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INApril 6, 2016
call center for credit card activation
Customer service for online sears website
Flexible shifts
two 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch
Pros
Ability for advancement
Cons
low pay
Avoid this company
Is personally identifiable information (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2012
If you care about delivering a product that the customer will be happy with and continue to use, choose another company.

If you want to work for a company that values its people and understands their skills, choose another company.
Pros
nice people - outside of management levels
Cons
commitment to very low quality, everything tribal knowledge only, keep things status quo, always crisis mode, continuous extreme level of turnover, no training, unrealistic expectations, managers need managerial training, teamwork minimal and discouraged, processes broken.
A Top-notch leader in TeleCommunications
Developer II (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 9, 2015
This was a great company to work for. They really cared about their employees and the leadership was outstanding. My direct supervisor was unbelievably talented and easily the most accomplished person I have ever worked with in my field.
Pros
Great pay, great facilities, eduxcational opportunities, great benefits
Cons
None that deserve mention
Fun place to work...Free drinks!
Lead Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Fun place to work...Free drinks, good location, great culture. Management and HR could be more professional, however.
Great working envirnoment with advancement opportunities
NOC Technical Support/KMS Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2012
Working in the TCS N.O.C. was a great experience. N.O.C. team members were very helpful and willing to share knowledge regarding the latest trends and training in the telecommunications industry.

The open door management style provided a atmosphere teamwork and cooperation within the N.O.C., in addition excellent opportunity to increase your industry related knowledge.
Pros
excellent training
Cons
hours
Always learning something new here
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2014
Excellent if you are interested in working and learning the latest telecom technologies.
Pros
Excellent benefits and schedule
Cons
Long shifts but bearable
Only worked with the company since April 2014
Curriculum Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 2, 2014
Not been here long enough to give a review. So far so good. We are off site so do not interact with upper management a great deal. The HR department has been able to help us out when we need assistance.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2013
Has nice work life balance, met and worked with really nice people.
Best part of the company is the co-worker environment and the helpful colleagues.
excellent team environment
Business Manager/Controller (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2012
enjoyed team spirit , management and fellow team members. we got things done in a timely manner, accurately and with conviction.
Best job i ever had.
Liferay Development intern (Former Employee) –  seattleOctober 2, 2015
It was my first professional work environment experience and i was the intern under development and operations research teams. Had a great experience and learnt a lot of new technologies.
Lots of opportunity to show initiate and to self direct your work items
Test & Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 15, 2014
The work was great and interesting. I gained a lot of skills at TCS.
The co-workers were the best and they were always willing to help and to execute in a team approach.

There was free coffee, juice, soda and water which was nice.

On the job, more resources would have been good.
Pros
Good work
Interesting and Fast Paced Company
Electrical Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2012
interesting and fast paced company that provided variety in tasks that kept the job interesting. Learned a lot about Cisco products.
I had a good experience here
Sr. PSAP Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 25, 2013
I was able to grow in the technical field and I enjoyed my work experience. Co-workers made going to work a pleasure.
Busy but productive
Senior Director - Legal and Regulatory (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMarch 13, 2014
Busy - full service telecom company. Geographic diversity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comtech Telecommunications Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Reviews by Location