Comtech Xicom Technology is seeking a Sr. Microwave Test Engineer with TWT (Traveling Wave Tube) experience.
Job Summary: Supports Manufacturing and Engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, and specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video RF circuits and systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout, and trouble-shooting functions. Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work. Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic plans & reports, designs test fixtures and equipment, reviews specifications and test procedures for new products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to test personnel on the testing and troubleshooting of Traveling Wave Tube and high power Solid State microwave amplifiers.
- Assists in reliability improvement and cost reductions. Responsible for executing approved projects to include developing schedule, working with support personnel, conducting engineering assembly and test, preparing documentation and reporting status.
- Assists in the design, development and evaluation of new RF and electronic circuits.
- Designs and builds test fixtures as directed from requirements.
- Performs more complicated and advanced tests requiring considerable judgment in determining work methods, interpreting test results.
- Develops test plans, specifications and procedures to allow transfer of products to manufacturing. Performs simulations to define operation to new RF circuits and to verify performance.
- Performs complex ESS and first article testing to qualify new products.
- Utilizes documentation processes to implement design, manufacturing, cost reduction and reliability related product changes.
- Performs root cause analysis on products, technical problems, processes and documentation.
- Participates in design improvements and problem solutions.
- Works with manufacturing on product assembly, testing and troubleshooting in order to meet customer deadlines.
- Writes clear and accurate test result reports.
- Troubleshoots and repairs circuits and fixtures as required.
- Programs on a limited basis, circuits and test fixtures. .
- Procures material and equipment as may be required.
- Researches test equipment capability and configurations for state of the art testing requirements.
- Complies with department and corporate procedures and quality initiatives.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities when required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Computer Skills and/or Tools: MS Office, ATE Test Software
Qualifications/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience testing and troubleshooting high power TWTs or Klystrons.
- Strong instrumentation skills and data acquisition required.
- Working knowledge of the design control process.
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work as a team member, as well as have the initiative to work independently with limited supervision.
- Critical thinking skills, exhibited by the ability to take information from published studies, requests for proposals, etc., and synthesize/analyze the information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Data reduction and report writing.
- Ability to trouble-shoot components and systems required.
- Ability to be proactive to identity problem areas.
- Ability to read and understand BOMs, electrical/mechanical specifications and blueprints.
- Good verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Expertise in the use of electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVM’s, spectrum analyzers, RF synthesizers, vector network analyzers, phase noise test sets, etc.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to give consistent attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Good teamwork, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors of Science degree in physics or Electrical Engineering and 3-5 years of job related experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Comtech Xicom Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 19 months ago