Comtrak Logistics

Comtrak Logistics Employer Reviews

Fast-paced evnvironment
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2014
This is a place where you have to be able to problem solve at the drop of a hat. I loved the atmosphere at this company due to the people I worked with on a daily basis. Customer service is their number one priority.
Don't lease here!!!!!
Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2014
Cons: everything that's negative !!
Very bad company,the company drivers will make more then you even if you work every day.your pay will be wrong weekly'management will ignore you for work,I work every day so they have no excuse.I have learned never to lease again go and get from the dealership so you want half to deal with such company's as hub group
Good Company
Driver (Current Employee), Austell, GAApril 13, 2014
Pros: pick loads that i would like to run
Cons: dealing with the rail road
Over all a good company. Just would like to have an opportunity to move into office as a driver manager and help solve issues that can make a company more productive. Also help drivers in difficult situations out there on the road.
dont go there not a fun place to work
Owner Operation (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: work for self
Cons: not a thing
dont pay like they say and thats all i have to say,oo get the last of the work and it is not worth it
Worst company ever don't do lease purchase
o/o (Former Employee), Austell GaJanuary 30, 2014
Worst company for o/o lease purchase got to run 6 days a week just to see a net of 800...plus you have to cover expenses.... company drivers make same or more...
not good place to work for me.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), ontario,caJanuary 13, 2014
I was working in this company for 3 years;I spend all this time to see if I going to get better SALARY ;but every year getting worst.
Trucking Life
Truck Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 19, 2013
this company was great under the orriginal owner, he was very family oriented and personable, but since hub group bought it, drivers are treated like numbers.
SREADY WORK,BOUNUS FOR SAFE DRIVING
Driver (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2013
Pros: steady work better than other companies
Cons: not home
NOTHING SPECIAL I AM AN OWNER OPERATOR,COMTRAK GIVES ME THE ABILITY TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY.
Nice place to work with great co-workers
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2013
Very fast pace working company, lots of fun co-workers excellent company to work for.
Great job
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 10, 2013
Great job and environment. The people are very friendly and sociable. Very great place to work.
No matter how well you do your job... Dispatch will not treat you fair !!!
company driver (Current Employee), Memphis TnSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: could be a great work place
Cons: too much favortisom !!!
Comtrak could be a great place to work.. But if you're not a friend or buddy or in the click with dispatch or office people''' well you're not going to make very much money !!! .
preplanners for the wisconsin board need serious help..
owner operator (Current Employee), milwuakee wiSeptember 12, 2013
Cons: cant seem to plan you accordingly.
I personally would not recommend any one looking to make money to come here.
Loved it Here
Intermodal Truck Driver (Former Employee), Austell, GAJuly 15, 2013
Had the loads, and made alots of money there. Treat workers fair had good loads. Pay 70% loved it.
Don't fall for the "Owner Operator" hype.
Intermodal container deliveries (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: getting away from these people
Cons: bad equipment, and shady dealings with pay
Comtrak is a horrible place to work. They get these guys to lease trucks from them, and those guys put you in the truck as a driver.

You will be paid with a 1099, as if you are a private contractor. This means if anything happens, you have no unemployment benefits. They are not paying Social Security or taxes, so a pay of $1,100 a week is not as good – more... as it might sound.

Every truck I saw on the lot was an embarrassment to be seen in. This makes you a target at any scales, or roadside checks.

Their customer base are mostly cheap freight shippers, who have little if any respect for you. – less
BREA/ONTARIO MNGMNT needs to be Purged
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: you work when you want to work
Cons: nepotism in the office, everyone is related to one another need more diversity. dms and planners too cozy with some drivers
Comtrak could be a great company in Ontario/Brea if it wasn't for their management, it's riddled with nepotism; their dispatchers are all related to one another ( ant, nephews, in laws, friends, high school buddy, former co worker from former corrupt Companies such as CIA, American Pacific, Pacer) Upper Tenessee management knows but turns a blind eye. – more... Hub group's/ comtraks website under employment opportunities cites several requirements for Driver Managers ( including a bachelors as an example, but some of these dispatchers didn't even finish high school --some sporting visible tattoos, blasting narco music --- I mean you read the job requirements on the website and it's a total misnomer how they landed such a job in the first place). There is a surmountable lack of professionalism and etiquette that could be read through various Qualcomm mcp200 messages from dispatchers- if one day management would care to review and act to correct ( but they wont because they are all best buddies on Facebook and other Social Media) Needless to say,there is a vast amount of preferism among 23347, 23300 and lower numbered units who manage to land very- very easy loads.

I was never oppose to driving to porterville, Visalia, shafter, otay, but the problem is that they would have you wait despite the constant Qualcomm messages. Despite the lease factor, the constant un-answering of phone calls, the electronic logs, maintenance, and the constant bickering back and forth requesting of loads; Comtrak Tennessee could very easily make a positive change by simply introducing more diversity to its operations department ( BREA/ONTARIO office) and have a more independent non biased way or person who could vet pontential employees in the future.

Also, having 2 people of different races as tokens in the office does not count as diversity. – less
Worthless
Driver currently (Current Employee), Ontario caMarch 4, 2013
Pros: thiefs
Cons: needs to send 5 to 8 messages to get a response
Stay awayyyyyyy Ontario terminal is a joke . Dispatch sucks . Terminal manager don't care and dispatcher getting money under the table
Need a little a help
driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2013
This would be a good place to work at if they would just let u know when they are going to take u off the route.
love my job
driver owner operator (Current Employee), Over the road driverFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: good hours good runs home when i want money i like to make
Cons: breakdowns, high fuel costs
I've been here for a little over 6 months I couldn't b I couldn't be happier I've ma I've made more money in the last 6 months then I did all of 2011
Horrible!
Owner op (Former Employee), DallasJanuary 13, 2013
If you're trying to work for the Dallas terminal, please stay away. Horrible communication problems, they dispatch you out of California. They say know force dispatch and 2500 miles a week.. A big fat lie! Terminal manager don't care workers in office clueless... Owner ops stay away...
I love this company but some times is not the company but the people the bring aboard
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Savannah GaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: excellent beneficent
Had to check releases in the Savannah port, then contact customers to schedule the freight, call my drivers to see where they location was, after that I will solve issues within the drivers and payroll. Dispatch the local drivers to get the fright ready for the OTR drivers.
Then would cover the freight with the OTR drivers .

About Comtrak Logistics

Comtrak Logistics, Inc. is based out of Memphis, TN and is a drayage subsidiary of Hub Group. Over the years, Comtrak’s – Read more

Comtrak Logistics Photos