Comunilife, Inc. Employee Reviews

Stepping stone
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Typical day tends to vary depending of work location however the organization expects you to stay after hours to complete last minute demands without compensation or consideration. This is however a great place to learn as the organization attempts to utilize their staff to the fullest. Management is poor and supervisor only tend to delegate with providing proper training or support. No sense of accountability at a management level. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting your pay check.
overall i would rate them a 3 to work for.
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 4, 2017
Dealing with different issues as the day goes by as a every day can be a learning experience. Every day is different and as a supervisor you adjust and to it and help your staff adjust also. the work culture was average, I never looked at the job as having a part of it that was hard because i enjoyed what i did.
Good Place to Work
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2017
I like comunilife. We should think of who in the organization we don't agree with or have conflicts with? The organization is a good and the mission is good and sincere. It is very demanding and challenging. That is what I like. Are there problems? of course. I like the fact that I can voice my concerns and get a concrete response; which I may not like. I will recommend this crazy but honest place.
Pros
Excellent benefits and honesty
Cons
Too much work and responsibilities
This job was productive but there was nothing fun about it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
A day in this company would go smoothly but there was time that it could be hectic. I learned a lot since most of the time I had to cover for other position without proper training. The hardest part of the job was the constant problem and bad work relation between The Assistant program Director (manager) and employees.
Pros
Free lunch during meeting and not breaks
Cons
benefit not so good, lack of salary increase
The weekly meetings are giving managers a 4 day work week.
OMH Bronx program's staff (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 9, 2017
Needs better organization. Weekly management meetings are killing the staff. This organization will be great if the could change the management structure.
Pros
you learn alot of new skills
Cons
Management structure needs to change
Fast paced; service oriented
Part-time Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
Comunilife, Inc is a Human Services agency to provide services to individuals with mental health in both a residential settings and outpatient treatment.
Fun workplace but
Part-time Tutor and File Clerk (Current Employee) –  4419 Third Ave Bronx, NY 10457May 3, 2017
Fun environment where all co-workers get along and try their best to meet the company's goals. Staff can learn to use Microsoft applications like Word or Excel. Management responds well to emails and phone calls. Be prepared to work hard! Overall, great job.
Interesting place to work
Case Manager/Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2017
Good facility for advancement and learning. I have been here eight years and have not had any issues with management or support staff. They are friendly and always willing to assist.
great facility
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 12, 2016
great co worker boss and facility client are well taken care of on a daily basis clean environment working equipment and over all a joy to work at
Pros
pay rate
Cons
clients can be a lot at times
My Best Employer to Date
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2016
I have worked in several non-profit organizations but Comunilife has been the very best. I feel lucky to work in a program that is supportive and respectful from the program director to the housekeeper. The work is demanding but very rewarding. I have learned so much from my supervisor and peers. I am required to attend training in and outside of the agency to help me manage my caseload. I get what I need to do my job.
I am very happy and comfortable.
Pros
Positive work environment, excellent collaboration with staff and good benefits
Cons
Need more technology
Case manager
Housing Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2016
My former company is a non-profit in the Bronx. As noted on their website, Comunilife "owns or manages 1,639 units of supported transitional and permanent housing for homeless adults struggling with HIV/AIDS, serious mental and behavioral health issues, and other chronic medical conditions."
not a fun place
Residential Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Comunilife inc was a horrible experience staff was being treated like case managers instead of counselors. No staff was available I was frequently doing triples which are against the law.
Pros
poor communication
Cons
A place to get experience
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2015
Good place to work but horrible wages/salary. CEO does not really show much effort for the staff. They are not clear on giving specific information to their workers.
Pros
The staff and Director is good to work with.
Cons
horrible wages
My tenure at Comunilife.......
Office Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 27, 2015
My tenure at Comunilife, Inc. has been a valuable learning experience for me and has positively influenced in my life and my career. I have learned about the roles of the Staff in Administration, Case Managers and other Departments.

On July, 2015 it was as my 19th Anniversary at Comunilife, Inc. I started working with the Agency in 1996 when it was HIRE. I worked with Transitional Programs for two years. I also worked at Congregate Housing and also assist with the Projects of other Programs. I love and respect my residents for me they are no clients they are part of my family. I was always there for them when they needed it something or they wanted to talk or were feeling lonely or down or to see their faces happy when the Program did any activity for them or celebrated the Holidays or birthdays to see their expressions in their faces, always looking forward to the next activity. They made you feel pleased because we as employees of Comunilife, Inc. we were there for them for support and to assist them in anything they need.

Two years ago I received news from HRA that I was been transferred to another Program within Comunilife, Inc. that day I cried and I even told the Person in charge of the HRA Department that I was willing to take a demotion or a decreased in my salary but to please let me stay with that Program. I didn’t want to leave my co-workers but specially my clients the ones that I love and respect. I was told that they need me in another program to assist them with other projects.

I started working with Scatter Site where I respect my co-workers
  more... and is like a family. Even though the clients don’t reside at the Program they come and we still assist them with their daily needs. I enjoy working with them at Comunilife and continue serving the population that is the reason why we are here for them to help them and to follow their dreams and achieve their goals.
I help my co-workers as much as I can even if is not my department. I am a team player, I enjoy completing projects and making sure that everything is all right. I do so much in my position and I love what I do even multitasking. The most enjoyable part of working at Comunilife is receiving phone calls and emails from people that have used our services and expressed that they are pleased with our services.

With every job/work you will have your ups and downs, disappointments, etc. that happens everywhere you go no job is extraordinary. If you are someone that is looking to work at an organization that sincerely has an interest in serving people I strongly suggest you look into the positions available within Comunilife, Inc. Organization and decide for yourself. Is this organization perfect, no it’s not nothing is perfect in life, however in my 19 years of working I have never found any organization to be. In a world where employment is hard to find I feel privileged to be working at an organization where I actually love the work that I am doing and appreciate the team I work with. Comunilife, Inc. is my family.
My work experience for Comunilife for almost six years
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2015
My work experience for Comunilife for almost six years

Case Manager

I am grateful to Comunilife for giving me the opportunity to be one of the staff members for almost 6 years. I have also been given the opportunity to develop myself in very humanistic ways which include emotional, mental and spiritual dimensions. I have learned to establish my own ethical persona as well as my own work life balance. I have learned to handle tasks and responsibilities to better approach my clients and coworkers. I have had the opportunity to attend a lot of trainings to improve my knowledge both in theory and on how to apply it in this field and in my personal life. A job is a part of our life (as same as every endeavor of the human being); it is developed through our personal and social experiences embracing success and mistakes; however, to me the most important thing is to improve the first and learn from the second.
Great place to work at and obtain experience and growth
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2015
I entered this agency as an intern on September 2012. I did not have any experience in this field; in regards to conducting home visits and developing assessments. Since my internship, I have gained experience and have been able to grow within the field. I was hired on March 2013 as a Case Manager. There has been plenty of work to done on a monthly basis but they have not been impossible to accomplish. I have received the opportunity not to only grow in the Case Management field but also in intake coordination, conducting interviews, and showing apartments to the potential clients. All of these tasks that I have been able to work on have provided me with the opportunity to learn and grow. Most of the staff, have been encouraging and supportive. Overall, this agency has provided me with the tools necessary to continue growing within this field.
Pros
Experience and Growth
Cons
Compensation
Opportunities for growth and learning
Housing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 17, 2015
I have been with Comunilife since 2005 and I am proud to say that I am very thankful. Comunilife has taught me so much throughout these 10 years. The organization recognize the employees that work hard and are willing to learn new things and take the initiative to succeed in their Programs. My experience at Comunilife has been great so far. I have been promoted four times and received positive feedback from my Supervisors and colleagues. The best part of my job is helping our clients by finding affordable apartments for our Supported Housing Programs. I am Comunilife!!
Pros
Recognition, Employee Benefits
Solid institution where staff can grow while serving our communities
Assistant Vice President Mental Health Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2015
I began my career in this organization in 1992 in the scattered site housing program for severe mentally ill individuals. I received educational training in-house and out of the organization as well as extensive supervision that allowed me to be promoted to higher positions, up to Executive Deputy Director. I left the agency in 2009 to pursue my own business. As my family and professional needs changed; I decided to come back in a new role, clinical supervisor, to repay agency and to serve the community to which I am fully committee.
Agency has a long history of serving homeless, mentally ill individuals and people living with HIV with a profound commitment to serve a multicultural population. The entire agency and the Guidance Center offer services in an systemic and multicultural relational approach where individuals are not consider a “number” but a human being in need, deserving of high quality care as they integrate to their communities.

This agency is a solid institution where staff can grow and develop their potential while serving our communities; as I was given the knowledge as well as the opportunity to develop a vertical movement during my prior 17 years of service within this agency. I highly recommend this organization to those individuals in the mental health and social services fields that want to make a difference as well as to grow professionally. This is what I believe and this is why I rejoined the agency with pride.
Pros
Ability to grow and professional advancement
Crazy Place, Bipolar Management
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  QueensJune 16, 2015
You will need to work through lunch and any break to accomplish your many task, I think it's an unwritten rule. I did learn a lot however, I learned from my collateral contacts and the funding agencies. Co-worker for the most part are great except, those that are in the gossiping team (lots of gossiping even in upper management). The hardest part of the job is trying to provide quality client services. The most enjoyable part of the job is GOING HOME.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No Humanity
It's a entry position
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 17, 2015
Comunilife is good organization if you are just getting in the field of Counseling. You will learn a lot and there will be some good times working with your colleagues. Management needs be more aware of the employees needs especially when it comes to working double/ triple shifts. They also need to raise the starting salary to a livable wage it should compensate for the work that is required to be done on a daily basis. not to mention with the population being served.
Pros
It is a learning experience
Cons
The wages need to compensate for the work