Con-way Employee Reviews

Stable Company with defined processes that worked
Commercial Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 19, 2017
Very structured environment with defined policies and procedures which made it easy to gauge your own performance based on company expectations and guidelines.
Pros
Established Company
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Stressful transportation industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2017
General office duties from answering the phone to customer service to human resources to dispatch.
Worked on everything from customer issues with pickups, to account executives issues with accounting & billing problems, maintenance invoices for our equipment as well as making sure our equipment records were kept up to date.
Pros
insurance, 401K
Cons
very stressful and not suitable for the average person
good place
Driver/Sales Representative/dock work (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 17, 2017
over all it was a good company to work for . from time to time the upper management would change policies that would affected your way of life I would go back
Freight brokering is a difficult business
Chemical Distribution Specialist/Broker (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AROctober 15, 2017
Disorganized. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Never gave anyone support. It was a sink or swim scenario. No one knew how to even train the software. Company sold out to XPO and then now they are CFI again.
Pros
It was a learning sales experience
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
typical driving job
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COOctober 8, 2017
I did not work here very long. I was injured shortly after being hired. I was sent out to pick up a shipment from a company and was not given a pallet jack to be able to pick up the product.
Management sucks!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 2, 2017
If you're a yes man, you'll do awesome. If you're a free thinking person that isn't a yes man, you won't do well here. You make good money to put up with a lot of problems! Management has NO communication! The terminal manager is a liar and has no morals. For someone who talks a lot about God, he certainly doesn't walk the walk but he can talk the talk. The women in the office are so catty!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fantastic People to work with
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHSeptember 28, 2017
It has a good safety culture and the people I worked with were friendly and very helpful. the hours weren't all that great I was working from 4 until 830 or 9 depending on how much freight had to be moved.
Pros
cool people, easy job, good money
Cons
odd hours, winters were exterme, management was very number orientated
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 28, 2017
I pulled most anything that would go in a dry van. I started off OTR, but changed to Regional to spend more time with my family. I saw and learned a lot from going to some of the out of the way places they had customers. I never had a problem with the management that a simple conversation couldn't solve. They were very driver focused. I saw parts of Canada I wold never have seen. They would try to pre-plan your next trip usually. They offered a cash advance for a trip when they dispatched you from a terminal, only company I have seem that does that to make sure their drivers aren't out on the road broke.
I really enjoyed that job.
Pros
Well maintained New Equipment
Cons
Downtime in Laredo, Tx
Great job experience
Input high volume of data entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 27, 2017
I loved working there, it was a place were I learned a lot about fright and there functions, I wish I could of remain working there. I was able to put may hours of over time and loved the amount of my weekly checks
Fast pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 25, 2017
Love loading truck they taught my forklift certifications. ..it was fun to work team work is awesome ..the safety guide is awesome help you pay attention at all times
Pros
Teamwork
Cons

Want to know more about Con-way?

Ask a question
I would refer Conway to anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 23, 2017
Conway Freight was a great place to work, management was awesome. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all the drivers and scanning documents from different facilities, also filing and other clerical duties.
worst ever
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63147September 17, 2017
overworked the employees, never treated the employees fair. would not give employees proper breaks. was not a great place to work at all. company is now xpo.
great company to work for!
CDL A Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 9, 2017
As good as a company to drive for gets. I had Zero issues with management and loved the job.
The driver was the boss behind the wheel if safety was an issue (weather, wind etc.) and was supported by Driver Managers. If you felt driving was dangerous you were never forced to go. Conway is a 'forced dispatch' though, so if you got a load, there's no arguing, but all my loads were almost all threat free (bad environments, safe parking spots etc.
Pros
great managers
Cons
pay was a bit low, but acceptable level
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Shelby, IAAugust 21, 2017
i think the owner hates truck drivers because everything you like about trucking is taken or against the rules. they have been bought out so perhaps that has changed.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
lots of hours
good work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2017
hard working day but worth it, you'll clocking in find your forklift get your assignment to which door you going to unload when finish with that you'll get assigned another truck
Pros
money
Cons
you could and will change shifts when the time comes
Management style has changed
Manager of Operations Research (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 17, 2017
Work in the fast linehaul department for 31 years, helped development the freight-flow plans for national LTL markets and maintained the nationwide flow of freight. Grew with the company from 1.7 million pounds a day to 100,000,000 lbs system wide per day
Pros
Able to grow with company
Cons
New management style was to much of a change
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pacoima, CAAugust 16, 2017
con way was a great place to work I made lot of good friendships that most became like family we worked hard had fun doing it made good money we thought we had a career never thought I would not be there anymore but at the end of the day know it is a business and people make decisions that can effect everyone. company was sold as for that reason I am not employed with con way anymore
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Conway was a great company.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 16, 2017
Great company to work for. My position was eliminated when XPO Logistics purchased the company. Conway cared about there people. My immediate supervisor wanted to see me succeed.
Pros
great staff to work with.
Could be Better
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Needs work. Leadership is the worst, too much unfair treatment. Lost of unethical behavior. Leadership is key to employee productivity. No effoert to work with employees
Pros
Lwf
Diversity of Freight
CSR / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2017
At Conway, you are off and running once you enter the building. Whether you are manning the phones, customer service, or dispatch, there is always something to do.
Pros
Always something to learn
Cons
Long Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Con-way. Our community is ready to answer.