Con-way

Con-way Employer Reviews

Great Company for truck drivers,usually overtime
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Milan, OHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation week, bonuses
Cons: odd hours for most dock workers
A Part-time dock workers day usually starts at 3pm-9/10pm.I learned alot about how the trucking industy operates and there regulations. The managment verys greatly.Some co-workers are great,others hate there life and are not the socialble type,it really just depends. The hardest part is in the winter because it is so cold on the docks,its a wind tunnel and not enclosed for heat. The most enjoyable part of my job was the end of the day checklists. Overall they have great pay,401 k,and decent health insurance.
Great company
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2015
good people, good place to work. they care about you and your family. compensation is fair. Cant say enough good about this place.
Excellent company
Safety Expert Management (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2015
Excellent company to work with in transportation. Involving working with loading and unloading trucks according to safety regulations.
Proper procedures in handling HAZMAT shipments for loading and assuring proper placards are used on truck.
Good company to work for
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Western RegionMarch 19, 2015
Long hours, good pay. Work hard and you will enjoy the benefits of it. Con-way is not for the weak hearted or weak minded, it is best if you go in and expect to work hard.
Good drivers
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILFebruary 26, 2015
dispatched 40+ drivers per day for pick ups, deliveries, and switches. I was the only dispatcher, it was very fast paced and busy. multitasking a must.
Poor management
Safety Associate/Compliance (Former Employee), Joplin, MOFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: did not like the favortism by management
I worked in Safety compliance and that included reviewing driver file for orientation locactions. I learned about many regualtions for drivers concerning their physicals and licenses. The job was not hard at all and I enjoyed working with the people. My manager was not a good manager at all and I am not sure how she even came to be a manager. She does not communicate with her team and she has her favorites and they can do no wrong. If you are not like her then she can make work very difficult.
Pays well
Driver Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: managment
It pays well if you're willing to trade your soul for decent money. They keep you 12 hours a day all summer, and write you up for leaving without asking if you go home early. Then when it slows down they send you home before you get your 8 hours in. They talk about how much money they are making but can't keep up equipment needed for you to do your job. They give you a board and a handful of nails and tell you you're going to be rated on how many nails you get hammered in the board but won't give you a hammer. I enjoy going and delivering freight to a variety of customers
As far as LTL Carriers go, Con-Way is the Best
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: strong work ethic
Cons: must be willing to relocate in order to move up.
Con-Way does an excellent job at their core business of Moving LTL shipments. This is the best place to learn about the LTL industry.
UPS screwed up when they chose not to purchase this company and purchased Overnite instead.
Con-Way was a good place to work
Forklift Operator/Dock Worker (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 13, 2015
I learned a lot about the freight business and really perfected my forklift driving skill there. I enjoyed the people I worked with and around. The only complaint I can say about Con-Way is the upper management.
Great Place
Dock Worker (Current Employee), Tomah, WIFebruary 10, 2015
I have been at this company for a couple years and I really enjoy it, as there are many opportunities to advance in your career.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYFebruary 9, 2015
I loved my job at Con-way Freight. I would still be there is my husband didn't relocate to another state.They people and culture are awesome.
a joke
DSR (Former Employee), garland, dallas, txJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: everything
safety guy is a complete dope. Walks around sipping coffee and playing pocket pool with himself.

HE Does nothing productive other than walk around sipping on coffee and gossiping like a school girl. He will also spend hours making fun of drivers on drive cam. Yes, ConWay has cameras in all of their trucks!!!! lol what a joke!

Dock supervisor gets all jacked up on monster drinks, chewing tobacco and cocaine then yells obscenities to everyone on the dock. Complete incompetent ignorant backwoods douche.

Be prepared to work dock 10-14 hours a day during your first 2 years(if you make it 2 years). Most drivers quit after a few weeks. ConWay is always hiring.

Handheld scanners are a joke. Constantly breaking down or not connecting to system.

Dock workers will put Hazmat on WRONG trailer then bury it in the nose of trailer making it impossible for the P&D driver to know it's there until hours later when delivering freight!!! lol!!! So driver has been driving around most of the day with hazmat on trailer but hasn't a clue since it's buried in nose of trailer with other freight. If you bring it to Dock Supervisors attention, He will blame it on you.
Most disorganized place I EVER worked for. Supervisors will throw you under the bus for any infraction. NOTHING is ever their fault.

Service center manager ran by clueless young boy.

A joke of an atmosphere, 99% of drivers there hate the place and are always fantasizing about getting a new job elsewhere.
had a great time working here one of the best jobs i have ever had
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: cookouts for outstanding work
Cons: health care and 401k plan are good
A every day job a con-way was different but exciting. I learned alot while i was with this company like how to properly load and unload trailers. My co-workers really made the job fell like family. The hardest part about the job was getting hired on full time even thought i was suppose to. Other than that it is a great company to work for
Strong Culture
National Account Executive-Charlotte, NC (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Con-way is a superior service carrier that understand the customers needs and aligns with the ever changing business landscape.
driver
driver (Former Employee), Franklin wiJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: dock work
I worked out of the franklin wi terminal as a driver( DSR) CONWAY is a good company I worked there for 6mos human resources was very thorough on the job description told I would be working the dock that's fine I figured since I've been a driver for so long that working the dock for short amount of time ( I thought) on daily day would be fine but I was not told I would be on the dock any where from 2to 6 hrs a day since I've been a driver for so long I rather be a driver and not a dock worker your day consist you come in and if needed you work the dock 2 to 3hrs then you peddle freight they usual want you in by 5 then you work the dock until done usual 3to 5hrs some days are shorter for working the dock I would have to say about 65% or a little less I've worked the dock I did try thought I would not miss driving but I do Conway was good to me the people from drivers dock workers and management are very fair and did listen to what you have to say they do hear your voice ( Like others have used aggressive words on there reviews) about CONWAY are not true Conway does not treat you poorly they do treat you as a equal but I wish they would of been more specific on how much dock work you do that's why some people wrote aggressive comment's about Conway that as a driver we did not expect so much dock work I say if you do not mind a lot of dock work CONWAY is a good company but for me I just was not a good fit for the company or for me I feel I need to be a driver feels more of a fit for me benefits are good as well
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Workload was easy. Great job besides the weather. Co-workers weren't the best but the workload for the day always got done.
Productive and Well managed Work Place
P.M. Technician (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 19, 2015
Conway is a Well Oiled machine they take care of the employees. Work is very steady. Co-workers are helpful if you are unsure or don't know what your doing. They provide new hire training to all employees regardless of experience in the Field.
The worst company in trucking to work for.....
Previous Driver (Former Employee), MichiganJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: when the day was over, co workers
Cons: no ot straight time only, no family life, get used to 14-16 hr days, incompetent supervisors, camera's in trucks, working every saturday, lousy health insurance, being written up for every little infraction, so many points from write up you get terminated
No life if you have a family. Majority of supervisors are a bunch of mindless pricks. Cameras in trucks, will write you up for every little infraction. The company treats its drivers as glorified dock workers with a CDL. Guys with 20 yrs leaving and going to other companies because of the moronic decisions that are made by the upper ups in the company.You'll spend more time driving a hi-low than you will a truck. Get used to being on the dock for 7 up to 9 hrs a night. No OT straight time. Health Insurance is horrible. Deductible is ridiculously high. Out of all the companies i worked for over the years this is by far the worst one in trucking. They will tell you how great Con-Way is but its all a bunch lies. You talk with guys from other terminals and about 95% of them hate the company. Con-way does not respect their drivers treats them as if they were less than human. Don't believe all the hype by so called happy drivers its alot of BS.
Good Place to be employed
Dock Worker/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2015
Conway freight was one of the best jobs i had ever had. Although i was a temporary employee i was treated like i was a full time employee even though i worked full time hours. The atmosphere was friendly even though there were so many different personalities to deal with. Management was always open to talk about any concerns about employees
low pay/ no compensation
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2015
working early mornings with low pay with no benefits includes working with no overtime for part-time workers even when you work more than part time hours

1 2 3 4 5

About Con-way

Con-way Inc. is a freight transportation and logistics services company headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich. Con-way delivers industry-leading – Read more

Con-way Salaries

Driver